• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Judging by how much she was highlighted in 13, I HIGHLY doubt it's the former. The only reason she was absent from FE2 is because it had no story and it was before they had tutorial stuff for her to host like she was in a few of the GBA titles and I think Ike's games too.
Anna being playable again is good, makes her more likely as a smash character

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
13/14 Residence with being the biggest superboss in the series as of Awakening, a developer favorite, and a now reoccurring secret unit (?).... I'll take her over Kamui or Aqua easy.
Actually, does Anna have a trophy by any chance? Kamui and Aqua have the same problem every other FE character has, unless their game came out around the time Smash development starts, they aren't likely at all. Also, hot springs in If, Pit amiibo compatibility confirmed

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Inb4 Smash 5 will add another 2 newcomers for Fire Emblem. :facepalm:

And what is this stuff about fighting Marth?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Remember, FE is stupidly popular in Japan.
You can use the Marth amiibo to fight Marth, he's strong as hell, don't know if he's recruitable though. Same should apply to the other FE amiibo
Can't find the vid which shows this though.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Actually, does Anna have a trophy by any chance? Kamui and Aqua have the same problem every other FE character has, unless their game came out around the time Smash development starts, they aren't likely at all. Also, hot springs in If, Pit amiibo compatibility confirmed
3DS only. It's her pose from the promotional art where she's sitting on a massive sack of either goods or money while she holds her iconic finger-on-chin pose with a silver sword stabbed into the ground.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
No am pretty sure Mega Man was really popular before his reveal. How I know this is because I kinda wanted Mega Man out because of my anti- 3rd party character bias. However, I began to respect Mega Man once I played as him and discovered that he's better than 80% of the other newcomers :rolleyes: :4megaman:
That's exactly what I said. What I meant is, Chronobound might've done his analysis of Japan's most wanted characters AFTER Mega Man was announced, so he wasn't on the list to begin with. I don't remember if Mega Man was on that list or not, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't, which means it was simply made after Mega Man was announced.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
That's exactly what I said. What I meant is, Chronobound might've done his analysis of Japan's most wanted characters AFTER Mega Man was announced, so he wasn't on the list to begin with. I don't remember if Mega Man was on that list or not, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't, which means it was simply made after Mega Man was announced.
It was made in 2012, and Mega Man was third on the list of top 10 requested characters.

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
So anything else worthy of notice from the Direct?
Next Pokemon Mystery Dungeon footage.
Monster Hunter DX which is a spin-off. Not to be confused with Monster Hunter X which was also announced.
New Dragon Quest.
New Dr. Mario Game starring him and Dr. Luigi.
They did mention Smash Bros at one point. I think they said the Bowser Jr, Olimar, and Dr. Mario amiibos were getting pushed forward to a summer release date, rather than September.

Ikenna Ezechukwu

Smash Rookie
Kamui and Aqua have the same problem every other FE character has, unless their game came out around the time Smash development starts, they aren't likely at all
Or you know, they could get the Roy treatment and join Smash before their game releases worldwide.
Of course, Roy isn't a great example since his moveset being derived from Marth's and trophy description didn't reveal much about the game plot-wise. Kamui's and Aqua's moveset would be spoiler city when it comes to moves used in FE14. I don't think their trophy descriptions would spoil much. I'm not arguing for them, I'm just saying they could get the same deal as Roy's.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Or you know, they could get the Roy treatment and join Smash before their game releases worldwide.
Of course, Roy isn't a great example since his moveset being derived from Marth's and trophy description didn't reveal much about the game plot-wise. Kamui's and Aqua's moveset would be spoiler city when it comes to moves used in FE14. I don't think their trophy descriptions would spoil much. I'm not arguing for them, I'm just saying they could get the same deal as Roy's.
Roy's game came out 2 weeks after Melee, Kamui's game is coming out next month whereas the next smash game will likely be another 6 years

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ike and Hector are best Lords. Both personality and unit-wise.

But I could NEVER trade Ike for anyone else. :4myfriends:

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
**** ME I DON'T HAVE ARMADS YET
That's it, as much as xi like Ike, it seems like Hector should have been playable instead
Not exactly.

Ike still holds the protagonist role of two games.

As much as I love Hector, Ike has more merit. Especially Since Hector's story was unlockable...

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:4myfriends: is my most favorite Fire Emblem character ever basically.

Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are also my favorite games. What co-incidence!

Really, really hope that we get FE9 and FE10 remakes or re-releases down the line sometime. FE9 shouldn't be impossible for the Wii U's VC right..?

Burruni

Smash Hero
:4myfriends: is my most favorite Fire Emblem character ever basically.

Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are also my favorite games. What co-incidence!

Really, really hope that we get FE9 and FE10 remakes or re-releases down the line sometime. FE9 shouldn't be impossible for the Wii U's VC right..?
Do we have Gamecube titles on WiiU VC?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I gotta say, I ****ing LOVE this idea of having a Weapon Master unit! As it seems now, it seems like a balanced version of a Swordmaster, Halberdier and Berserker which where all at one point my most favorite units, besides Heroes of course!

Burruni

Smash Hero
I gotta say, I ****ing LOVE this idea of having a Weapon Master unit! As it seems now, it seems like a balanced version of a Swordmaster, Halberdier and Berserker which where all at one point my most favorite units, besides Heroes of course!
Weapon Master?

I swear to Naga if Anna can't be it I'm going to be upset.

She is the infinite potential character of Fire Emblem.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Anna's never the default merchant.

She runs the Secret Shop because EXCITING AND ENIGMATIC THINGS! GET 'EM WHILE THEY'RE HOT~!

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Anna's never the default merchant.

She runs the Secret Shop because EXCITING AND ENIGMATIC THINGS! GET 'EM WHILE THEY'RE HOT~!!
I just feel like, given her usage as a tutorial manager in... I believe the GBA and Ike's games, alongside her Narrator role in FE12, she seems like a bigger fit to one of the big shops for the My Castle circumstances.

We'll see.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I just feel like, given her usage as a tutorial manager in... I believe the GBA and Ike's games, alongside her Narrator role in FE12, she seems like a bigger fit to one of the big shops for the My Castle circumstances.

We'll see.
Can you fix the quote you just quoted? There was a typo in the original message and it irked me so it changed it and now it looks awkward and yeah.

Clearly she is awaiting her big return as the game's Level Infinity superboss~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom