• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You clearly didn't play FE11/12 where you reclass her into a DracoKnight and just charge her right into the center of combat. :^D
I did, DracoKnight is bad for her because of the horrible, HORRIBLE Speed cap and Shiida never being able to max the DracoKnight's Strenght. It's basically Falcon Knight or nothing for her, she isn't like Catria or something. :rolleyes:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I did, DracoKnight is bad for her because of the horrible, HORRIBLE Speed cap and Shiida never being able to max the DracoKnight's Strenght. It's basically Falcon Knight or nothing for her, she isn't like Catria or something. :rolleyes:
Legitimately it's been a few years so I may be blurring my Blue Haired Peg. Knights from Marth's Titles.
MOVING ON, NEW SUBJECT!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Oh... kinda like how Ganon got a human incarnation in Ocarina of Time?
I'm probably one of three people on the planet who thinks "MB" would be kind of a cool character concept. Make her a satellite character where she has like three mini metroids that orbit her and do a majority of her attacks, playing like a combination of Rosalina and Olimar although I know this would never happen because 98% of the Metroid fanbase wants to continue on as if Other M never happened. Also, I was trying to be a bit of a horse's rear end with my original comment.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm probably one of three people on the planet who thinks "MB" would be kind of a cool character concept. Make her a satellite character where she has like three mini metroids that orbit her and do a majority of her attacks, playing like a combination of Rosalina and Olimar although I know this would never happen because 98% of the Metroid fanbase wants to continue on as if Other M never happened. Also, I was trying to be a bit of a horse's rear end with my original comment.
See: Melia from Xenoblade Chronicles.
You have that, but elemental essences instead of mini metroids.
Also someone who can canonically topple a Godzilla sized monster with a drop kick.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anthony Higgs, or otherwise Little Birdie. I TAKE NO COMPROMISE!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
To uhm.... bring some things onto a better subject.

What's the most amazing moment you've had to claim a stock in Smash 4?
Using Greninja's Hydro Pump, very few expect it and it works really well in gimping their recovery or setting up for KOs from the ground or the air.

My favorite is probably with a Zelda who overused Farore's Wind. We were both at a high percentage and she was trying to gimp my recovery, I recovered low, she goes flying to the top of the screen, and then teleports right past the blast zone.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Also, let's not forget the #1 choice for a Metroid character: THE BABY
I even have a moveset for him:
  • A - floats in the capsule;
  • Side Tilt - floats in the capsule, but closer to the side;
  • Up Tilt - floats in the capsule, but higher;
  • Down Tilt - floats in the capsule, but lower;
  • Side Smash - chirps;
  • Up Smash - floats in the capsule;
  • Down Smash - floats in the capsule with mean look;
  • NAir - floats in the capsule, still on the ground;
  • FAir - floats in the capsule, still on the ground;
  • BAir - floats in the capsule, still on the ground;
  • UAir - floats in the capsule, still on the ground;
  • DAir - floats in the capsule, still on the ground;
  • Neutral B - gives opponent a mean look;
  • Side B - chirps;
  • Down B - floats in the capsule;
  • Final Smash - breaks the capsule with his MAN-HANDS, grows a lot of weapons and while yelling "F***ERS!!!" shoots everyone on the screen, with explosions everywhere (as if it is Michael Bay's dream) and then finishes with a "F***ING ATOMIC F-BOMB, F***ERS!", completly destroying Wii/WiiU, disc this game is on, entire city and a random Space Pirate planet. Then he chirps again.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I even have a moveset for him:
  • A - floats in the capsule;
  • Side Tilt - floats in the capsule, but closer to the side;
  • Up Tilt - floats in the capsule, but higher;
  • Down Tilt - floats in the capsule, but lower;
  • Side Smash - chirps;
  • Up Smash - floats in the capsule;
  • Down Smash - floats in the capsule with mean look;
  • NAir - floats in the capsule, still on the ground;
  • FAir - floats in the capsule, still on the ground;
  • BAir - floats in the capsule, still on the ground;
  • UAir - floats in the capsule, still on the ground;
  • DAir - floats in the capsule, still on the ground;
  • Neutral B - gives opponent a mean look;
  • Side B - chirps;
  • Down B - floats in the capsule;
  • Final Smash - breaks the capsule with his MAN-HANDS, grows a lot of weapons and while yelling "F***ERS!!!" shoots everyone on the screen, with explosions everywhere (as if it is Michael Bay's dream) and then finishes with a "F***ING ATOMIC F-BOMB, F***ERS!", completly destroying Wii/WiiU, disc this game is on, entire city and a random Space Pirate planet. Then he chirps again.
That D Smash tho...... :shades:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I honestly would rather have MB (Mother Brain's human incarnation) over Ridley. I always saw her as the true villain of the series IMO. Mother Brain masterminded everything that even Ridley worked for her.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I honestly would rather have MB (Mother Brain's human incarnation) over Ridley. I always saw her as the true villain of the series IMO. Mother Brain masterminded everything that even Ridley worked for her.
She appeared only in 4 games out of 11 (with 1 of them being a remake), Ridley worked for her only after Zebes raid (and only twice) and even then there was a good reason to follow her (she could control Metroids, had knowledge of Chozo tech and could potentially help make various weapons for them). And Ridley started the whole thing (K-2L raid and Samus' parents' death was his fault). So, i can't understand why you think so.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mother Brian in a better functional body than MB would be insta-awesome though.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Ridley is really the main antagonist of the story, not Mother Brain. MB leads the Zebes operation, but Ridley is Samus' sworn enemy and the one being that has tormented her for life.

Mother's a primary antagonist, not the main one. :p

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ya, but probably 2big...
True. But still awesome. Especially in Other M since it didn't looked like a giant brain awkwardly put on a body with small arms. Too bad this form doesn't appears as anything in SSB4. Would be awesome to see it outside of pre-rendered cutscene and it could be ripped and then used for something like SFM (which would also mean someone could make a nice animation of the final battle or something), GMod or even Brawl mods.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Then why is it shown as separate below the "Mario"? Just a mistake or what?
All the Mario series are listed separately in addition to the combined Mario listing. Super, Kart, Party, etc.

Add up the individual series, they'll come to 509 million.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
All the Mario series are listed separately in addition to the combined Mario listing. Super, Kart, Party, etc.

Add up the individual series, they'll come to 509 million.
Weird. They added it again when numbers are same as those listed above and its still hasn't been fixed.

Ivander

Smash Legend
What if Ridley got a human incarnation like Mother Brain did in Other M in the next Metroid game? :^)
Depends on how well they do it. I mean, it's not impossible since we have Weavel, who was a space pirate and after his body was destroyed, his brain and spine were put into a different body. So considering Ridley's history of being re-constructed and stuff, him getting a rather human-looking body would just be another phase of reconstruction for him. That being said, considering how they've treated his original form compared to the manga, him in a different body much different to his original form might be one of the few possibilities of him showing any personality.

StormC

Smash Hero
Ridley is the most recurring villain in the series, though. No matter the situation or Big Bad, somehow, Ridley shows up.

It's somewhat comparable to Dedede always being there to fight Kirby even if the final boss is Nightmare, Dark Matter, etc.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
E3 2015 cannot come any sooner. I can't wait for all the leaks to start showing up!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Will there be a new Metroid game shown on E3?
It's definitely on the table. It's been nearly five years and both Retro Studios (makers of the Prime games) and Next Level Games (Nintendo's current go-to for rebooting franchises) are currently developing large scale secret projects. Only about two weeks until we find out though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am being hopeful that one of Retro's projects is Donkey Kong Country. The fan demand is pretty high, and platform games are doing better than ever. Plus, they already got an engine down on Wii U with Tropical Freeze. Retro is working on something at least, a hidden project. And it has been stated that they can handle 2 projects at a time. Maybe we'll see both DKC and Metroid? I think these two franchises would create the most hype for Western Nintendo fans at the moment.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Confession: I'm not a big fan of the Prime games and would rather have another sidescroller than Prime 4.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Confession: I'm not a big fan of the Prime games and would rather have another sidescroller than Prime 4.
Is there some way to like a comment more than once?
I want a 3DS Metroidvania by NLG.
I never felt comfortable with FPS Metroid.
And I also just want Retro to be working on DKCR3 with K. Rool and the Kremlings.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It's definitely on the table. It's been nearly five years and both Retro Studios (makers of the Prime games) and Next Level Games (Nintendo's current go-to for rebooting franchises) are currently developing large scale secret projects. Only about two weeks until we find out though.
Five years doesn't mean anything. The last game was horribly received and now they're stuck trying to figure out what's going on. Retro Studios have expressed interest in doing Metroid again later, but they made it pretty clear they're not doing Metroid right now.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/interview-the-secret-of-donkey-kong-countrys-redemption

"You're not going to find a larger bunch of Metroid of Metroid Prime fans than at Retro studios," said Kelbaugh. "We'll be lucky to someday, maybe, work on another one. There's a lot of people in the studio left over from Metroid Prime that are very passionate about Metroid... If the fans keep asking, then maybe we'll answer."

And last year Reggie indicated they're only talking about ideas about what to do with the franchise, not even a game being actually in development.

The best-case scenario I see for Metroid this year is a teaser like Star Fox got last year. That, in my honest opinion, is the BEST CASE scenario. If it is in development, its been in development less than a year.

Other M just really f***ed up the Metroid franchise.

StormC

Smash Hero
...anyway, I wanted to just sum up my thoughts on Ridley really quickly since I got caught up in the back and forth a few pages ago and couldn't really get my whole opinion out there. I also reiterate that @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros is a much bigger expert on the subject than I am so I don't wish to speak over him, while also saying that his mod is the best Ridley mod on the market, no question, and he deserves an incredible amount of praise for the work he's put in for it.

Agree, disagree... or don't click the spoiler tag!

If Ridley was to be a fighter in Smash, I’d like the following:

-Bowser height/width at maximum (obviously)
-Still be bigger than Samus (preferably not at eye level, but not necessary)
-Have proportions that don’t look awkward sized down (long limbs, big head, bony neck, wide wings, large stance)
-Walk on two legs (either fully bipedal or in gorilla stance, not a quadruped)
-As little clipping as possible (particularly Battlefield platforms)

The thing is, Roidley can accommodate for most of this… but fans don’t like Roidley and want standard Ridley, who would have greater difficulty working with this (though not impossible). Even if I could nitpick flaws Ridley’s portrayal in Smash as a fighter, my complaints wouldn’t override my enjoyment of his inclusion on the roster, as Ridley is definitely an important and iconic Metroid character. I simply think that people underestimate the work taken to accommodate for Ridley as a fighter; even a character like Bowser, who is downsized from his average portrayal, still tops out as the biggest fighter in the series by far, and without things like big wings to make his appearance look awkward. Smash is a platformer in addition to a fighting game; a character like Sentinel may work in a 1v1 fighter on a flat playing field, but would pose significant problems in Smash’s style of gameplay and stage design.

Essentially, Ridley has three options:

1. Use Roidley who doesn’t take a lot of tweaks to be feasible as a fighter but risks upsetting fans who don’t like the design.
2. Use standard Ridley who would take more work to make a fighter.
3. Create a new design for Ridley.

#3 isn’t impossible by any means, but definitely making a special exception for Ridley. The only other characters to receive a redesign anywhere near that drastic in Smash are Pit, whose changes are purely cosmetic, and Mega Man, who is based off his 8 bit sprite - the most recognizable and beloved depiction of the character.

Would I like Ridley on the roster? Absolutely. Is Ridley feasible as a Smash fighter? For sure. Would he require special work and care that no other Smash fighter has really received up until now, that even then runs the risk of having problems? Yes.

Last edited:

EpicPlayerSonic

Smash Rookie
NNID
I dont have one
3DS FC
1111-1111-1111
I think we need (honestly) Zero from Mega Man X. The entire X series. (1-8, and Zero 1-4)
Basic Attacks:
A- Zero Knuckle Punch 3%
A+A- Double punch 3+ 4 %
A x 3= Punch, Punch, sideslash 3+ 4+ 5 %
A+ Up= Rising saber 5%
A+Down= Down tilt,saber poke, 4%
A+ Side= Saber Slash 6%
Side smash= large range saber smash, 9 to 25 damage. (Damage randoms with attack badges)
Up Smash= Sort of like Ike's up smash, but less powerful and more quick. 5 to 20 %
Down Smash- sort of like megaman's down smash, but goes 1/4 up ceiling. 7 to 21% beams of light
N-air= Crescent slash from X5. does 7 to 10 damage, lasts 2 seconds.
F-air= The Axeloid enemy's attack from Zero 4. does 9 damage.
B-air= Rocket Kick- does 9 damage.
D-air= the sort of Air Dive attack from X4-X6 and Z2-Z4. does 9 damage + meteor effect past 50%.
Also, if used upon ground, releases rock projectiles which do 2-3 damage.
U-air (up air)= Marth's up air but with slower speed and more damage. 11 damage.
Special attacks AND customs will be posted later.

EpicPlayerSonic

Smash Rookie
NNID
I dont have one
3DS FC
1111-1111-1111
Special attacks for zero.
Neutral B- Element change. Zero can change from the following elements-
Armor- super armor, less damage, no flinch, less attack.
Ice- Ice attacks, chance of freezing opponent, less speed.
Fire- Fire attacks, able to have Lip's Stick effect (fire basically), less defense.
Thunder- Thunder attacks, can stun enemy, less arms (grab)
Life- Halves damage, able to absorb half damage dealt, less special.
Tell me if this should be buffed or something.
Side B- Triple Cross Combo. Lets zero perform the following inputs-
Side B, side b, side b- Buster, Buster, Buster (5 damage each, long range)
Down B, Down B, DOwn B- Saber, Saber, Saber (7 damage each, short range)
Up B, Up B, Up B-Rising Slash, Rising Slash, Rising slash (6 damage each)
Neutral, Neutral, Neutral- Triple saber combo from nearly every X-Zero game. (1st= 5, 2nd= 4, 3rd= 7)
Of course, you can cross the combos. It's a bit like Marth in a nutshell.
Up B- Cyber Boost- Using a bird animal Cyber-Elf, zero is able to lift himself up in the air for about 9 seconds. Also, there is no falling/degrade thing- zero can still attack in midair.
I know that should be buffed -_-
Down B- Saber dive. A combo of the Up-Tilt crossed with zero throwing the saber at the opponent- The Z-Saber will come back ,automatically after hit.
Final Smash- Fake. Zero summons the evil soul of Copy X, who sucks in the opponents into a spider web, (really?) then literally DESTROYS the opponent. For the first few attacks, he uses dash + buster shots 10 times (2 damage each), then fire, thunder, and ice attack (delta attack, which does 10 damage) Finally, Zero and Copy X charge up 2 powerful shots- which cross and do 25 damage. The people who are not in the web CAN GET CAUGHT if they jump in to it. However, there is a BUFF- you CAN escape from the web. You just need to shake the circle pad. Then if the charge shot hits, it does a ton of knockback, not enough to kill the person, but enough to send him flying. The custom badges from Mega Man CAN be used on Zero whatsoever. anyway, custom smashes coming really later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom