• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oni, you've got it wrong.

K. Roll.

The most important nintendo character.

But you're kinda overlooking a glaring matter in a hair-fine bodysuit and a star-toting puppet that sadly has been discarded like the plaything he was.
I would argue that one or two (3rd party) blemishes do not a "worst list" make

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Opinions aren't a bad thing, but they can be easily flaunted about in rather rude ways.

Bandana Waddle Dee fans don't like hearing what you said any more than you like hearing the fact that you support a character that Nintendo doesn't even own the rights to anymore that has nothing more than a one-off title and a lone cameo in series more than 170 games big. Just saying.
No offense, but you shouldn't pick off at Geno fans either. :U

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
We always seem to pick off the negative things about the character (whether it be chances or not) if it's an unpopular, and it doesn't help at all. We should really do less of that guys. Geno Boost will see that as offensive.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Speaking of Layton, I'd be okay with his addition as long as he's done well enough
Despite that many fans often suggest him to use a sword somewhere in his moveset. I'd expect Sakurai to fully utilize his puzzle expertise for his moveset instead. (After all, that is the real main focus of the franchise) I think Sakurai and his team can come up with something wonderful based on that imo.

Last edited:
We always seem to pick off the negative things about the character (whether it be chances or not) if it's an unpopular, and it doesn't help at all. We should really do less of that guys. Geno Boost will see that as offensive.
I mean it was specifically in response to boost saying negative things about BD

Dont see you criticizing him

On another note i really need to play a layton game. Is the first one on the eshop by any chance?
I would say that I think Bayonetta isn't a bad character choice, but Bayonetta seems like she's becoming the new Ridley.
In terms of always leading to an argument, that is.
both are big in all the wrong places (lenny face goes here) sooooo

Also playing spyro when ridley gets brought up. Neat

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I would say that I think Bayonetta isn't a bad character choice, but Bayonetta seems like she's becoming the new Ridley.
In terms of always leading to an argument, that is.
I think Yahtzee said Bayonetta's most well known controversy best "We want more diversity in genders. Not like that" Yahtzee dislikes Smash but wanted Bayonetta so she could 'absorb the mushroom kingdom with a swing of her giant *insert female organ*'

Burruni

Smash Hero
Back to what Blue tried to suggest with predictions

Bi-Monthly releases of Pre-Ballot characters (4:4mewtwo:6:4lucas:8-Ryu 10:roypm: 12 :wolf:)

2016 will be the year for 3-5 Ballot characters, all newcomers.

King K. Rool is the most likely character.

The other 2-4 are anyone's real guess from a somewhat short list of major contenders: Bandana Dee, Isaac, Inklings, Dixie Kong, Captain Toad, Paper Mario, and a Rhythm Heaven Character.

As much as I love Ganon, I'm holding out for more usage over the next ~6 years and being in 5mash.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
On another note i really need to play a layton game. Is the first one on the eshop by any chance?
No none of the games are out on the eShop yet. But you can find the earlier games (especially the first one) for very cheap these days. Have fun if you decide to give them a go. c:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Despite that many fans often suggest him to use a sword somewhere in his moveset. I'd expect Sakurai to fully utilize his puzzle expertise for his moveset instead. (After all, that is the real main focus of the franchise) I think Sakurai and his team can come up with something wonderful based on that imo.
I hate seeing Layton fans saying "He's got a sword" and then not caring about anything else, creativity is such a beautiful thing to me

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I hate seeing Layton fans saying "He's got a sword" and then not caring about anything else, creativity is such a beautiful thing to me
Yeah I agree, and I'm kinda worried that them constantly merely suggesting the sword may harm his support more than doing good. Especially considering this fandom and its stigma against more sword users.(not to mention some people complaining about his lack of diversity over at the RTC thread for reasons like this) Besides, as epic as it is to see some scenes with Layton fighting with a sword and all. The real meat of the franchise is and always has been the puzzles themselves. So I feel that most of the focus on Layton's playstyle should focus on the puzzles. I have been trying to revamp my moveset for him as well based on that and I hope to get it completed soon.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah I agree, and I'm kinda worried that them constantly merely suggesting the sword may harm his support more than doing good. Especially considering this fandom and its stigma against more sword users.(not to mention some people complaining about his lack of diversity over at the RTC thread for reasons like this) Besides, as epic as it is to see some scenes with Layton fighting with a sword is and all. The real meat of the franchise is and always was the puzzles themselves. So I feel that most of the focus on Layton's playstyle should focus on the puzzles themselves. I've been trying to revamp my moveset for him as well based on that and I hope to get it completed soon.
Honestly, I hate the 'muh swordwielders' more than most things, it's not that they use a sword, it's how they use it! Not to mention, some characters use other things too, Isaac rarely uses his swords

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Back to what Blue tried to suggest with predictions

Bi-Monthly releases of Pre-Ballot characters (4:4mewtwo:6:4lucas:8-Ryu 10:roypm: 12 :wolf:)

2016 will be the year for 3-5 Ballot characters, all newcomers.

King K. Rool is the most likely character.

The other 2-4 are anyone's real guess from a somewhat short list of major contenders: Bandana Dee, Isaac, Inklings, Dixie Kong, Captain Toad, Paper Mario, and a Rhythm Heaven Character.

As much as I love Ganon, I'm holding out for more usage over the next ~6 years and being in 5mash.

But the Inkling Mii costumes that are close to the real deal.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Honestly, I hate the 'muh swordwielders' more than most things, it's not that they use a sword, it's how they use it! Not to mention, some characters use other things too, Isaac rarely uses his swords
Yeah, likewise with Layton, if he would become playable. I would prefer him to use a sword as little as possible. I have been thinking of one attack based of the one puzzle in the Elysian Box where you had to find out which sword is the real one. So perhaps you can have him throw three swords, however, only one of them is real and can damage your opponent. By using a direction you can choose which sword is the real one. I think that would be a neat idea as a tool to fool your opponent.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Predictions for DLC?

Geno.
Stork.
Robopup from Nintendogs.
Baby Dry Pink Gold Peach.
Honey Queen in her sports outfit.
An F Zero character. Probably Mr. EAD.
A second Sonic character, most likely someone like Sally Acorn.
Goku.
Shrek.
Chunky Kong.

It hinders them, yes, but it doesn't disconfirm them for life
This i can agree on

Predictions for DLC?

Geno.
Stork.
Robopup from Nintendogs.
Baby Dry Pink Gold Peach.
Honey Queen in her sports outfit.
An F Zero character. Probably Mr. EAD.
A second Sonic character, most likely someone like Sally Acorn.
Goku.
Shrek.
Chunky Kong.
Poor geno being piled on with shrek

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
But the Inkling Mii costumes that are close to the real deal.
The Miinkling outfits mean that clearly they were not planned Pre-Ballot for DLC.
It does not exclude them from happening as a Ballot DLC Newcomer if their popularity is noticable enough. And frankly, considering the growing build up before the release later this week, you can't deny that there is a significant fandom for the new IP.
An optimist would even say having the oufits in there would only allow the team to have a headstart on assets to turning them into a full fighter. A pessimist would say it means that Nintendo won't turn them into full fighters. A realist says WE DON'T KNOW BECAUSE IT'S SMASH BROS.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yes, people do that to Meowth nowadays.

I'm shocked, I remember that you really don't like him
I have no idea how i wound up getting called the geno hater when i think ive only mentioned him twice when talking about black mage (Well until RTC but i was having a bad day if i recall)

Twas weird. I guess its mostly because ive spent a bit of time arguing with heno supporters about things being untrue but i dont despise him. There are other characters i dislike more. Hes just really overhyped and it gets annoying.

Burruni

Smash Hero
"muh swordwielder"
"Only 1 third party per company"
"No clones"
"No niche"
:4robinm::4robinf: Can't be done because of how much customization there was to the grounds of the character.
:4mewtwo:'s the only DLC we're getting.
That Shadow while "Boss Characters Appear on Other Stages" means nothing!
The Trophies mean we're getting these specific 4 fighters!
:4tlink: deconfirmed!
:4mewtwo: isn't coming back because :4lucario: is!
Impa's replacing :4sheik: because :4zelda: was shown off by herself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom