• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well, it's Smash Bros. character DLC, so it'd probably sell regardless of who it is.
Considering the whole Amiibo fiasco and how some of the most controversial characters seem to be selling and getting pre-ordered like there's no tomorrow.... I'm inclined to agree with you....

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Well considering there's a lot of other Third Party characters that deserve it more than Rayman then that's a problem as well. Square still has FF and Dragon Quest reps, Konami, despite quitting gaming as a whole still has veteran Snake and Simon Belmont and companies who already have reps are still ready to go like Namco with Tekken/Soul Calibur reps, Tales of, Klonoa and even Digimon has a major shot. Capcom has an insane amount of choices to where 1 or 2 characters won't cut it. (Which is why Smash 5 should be Capcom vs Nintendo where you have 25 Nintendo characters vs 25 Capcom characters)

Sega still has a few to work with other than Sonic and Atlus being with them brings it out, even then Ryu as the last 3rd Party character is perfect. We need more Nintendo characters anyway.
I'm actually expecting to see Nintendo vs Capcom announced at E3 this year. I believe Capcom stated before they would like to make a Nintendo vs Capcom game. The companies are working well together nowadays so this is a good time to announce it.
New topic, how is it going with your new prediction roster everyone, it's been waaaaaaay too long since we had one of those in this, anyone care to share?
If you want my predicted characters: Roy, Ryu, Wolf, K. Rool, Isaac, Bandanna Dee, Captain Toad, Ice Climbers (If they can get them to work)

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
This is my work-in-progress moveset for Meowth.

Neutral Attack (Fury Swipes)

Meowth scratches right and left like in the gif.

Neutral Combo (A+A+A) (Fury Swipes)

When you keep tapping the A button, Meowth will leap and suspend in midair to scratch the opponent multiple times like in the gif.

Dash Attack (Slash)

Meowth zooms past the opponent and slashes them.

Side Smash (Pay Day from the Pokemon games)

More coins scatter when the original coin hits the opponent and these coins can hurt nearby opponents who didn't get hit by the original coin. Meowth, that's right! Collateral damage!

Neutral Aerial (Pay Day from Smash 64)

A homage to the original Smash 64 game. The coins fly in all directions and they hit enemies. It seemed like an ideal move for a neutral aerial move.

Forward Aerial (Double Scratch from the Pokemon trading cards)

Meowth scratches the enemy two times... it sounds simple and bland on paper but look at how flashy it really is in that nifty gif! :awesome:

Back Aerial (Iron Tail)

It is like :4lucas: meteor smash move. God, I love that move in Brawl.

Up Aerial (Iron Tail)

It is like :4yoshi: Up Aerial where Meowth hits the opponent with his tail. Do you want to see Meowth doing that to Pikachu in Smash?! :awesome:

Down Aerial (Fury Swipes)

Meowth scratches around so fast it can hit opponents multiple times... kinda like :4mario: Down Aerial (Mario Tornado).

Neutral Special - PAY DAY (Pay Day from Brawl and SSB4)

Another homage to Meowth's Smash history! Just hold down the button and Meowth will keep on throwing coins till he runs out of coins... it functions like :4bowser: and :4charizard: fire breathing moves.

Side Special - THIEF

The description of the move Thief states, "The user attacks and steals the target's held item simultaneously. It can't steal if the user holds an item."

So, like you see in that gif, Meowth pounces in one direction like :4diddy: Side+B move. When Meowth lands on the opponent, he steals their held item and then jumps off them. If the items are turned off, well, Meowth can just meteor smash them straight down anyway.

One of the custom moves could be Snatch where Meowth doesn't steal generic items but he steals character unique items and effects of healing and stat-changing moves. Meowth can steal the effects of :4wiifit: deep breathing, :4shulk: Monado Arts... Meowth can also pick up :4diddy: bananas, :4villager: pocketed items, :4peach: vegetables, :4link: bombs, :4rob: gyros, and even :4olimar: Pikmin.

Up Special - FURY SWIPES

It controls like :4fox: Up+B move where Meowth pauses midair for a moment before he launches in the direction you choose... and he will scratch enemies multiple times on his path. Meowth is very agile and acrobatic so I think this move would have a good distance.

I imagine Meowth's animation for this move and certain scratch-based moves (Neutral Combo, Down Aerial) would be based on the gif below.

Down Special - FEINT ATTACK

Just to be clear, Feint Attack used to be called Faint Attack. Anyway, when Meowth does this move, he leaves behind several afterimages like in the gif above... you know, like how :4fox: leaves behind afterimages in his Side+B move.

Meowth does a flip jump like :4miibrawl: does in the gif above but with afterimages trailing behind... and instead of kicking, he pounces like Cat Mario does in the gif below.

One of the custom moves could be Dig Claws where Meowth buries the opponent when he pounces on them... kinda like :4zss: Down+B move. Dig Claws is from one of the Pokemon trading cards. Oh, and Meowth can learn Dig in the games, too!
YES FURY SWIPES OF LOVE.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My problem with SSB5 prediction lists now: It's likely going to be 6 years before the new smash, characters relevant now might not be relevant then, we might have brand new IPs in 6 years, Sakurai might be serious for once and leave the series having someone with a different viewpoint and criteria

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
:pt: as DLC as a separate character. For special he uses a Pokémon and for most normal attacks he uses items like the fishing rod or bycicle.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I want a Bandana Koopa as player 4 for the next New super Mario Bros game.JK
For pre-ballot I think Sakurai will mostly focus on reviving characters he couldn't include due to time constraints and post ballot he will go through the suggestions and include any popular or interesting ones that he may come across. Just imo. :/

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I have an opinion is it a bad thing?
It's not bad per se, but mocking BDee despite how you praised Donkey flipping Kong Junior, I'd like consistentcy
Yeah, it's OK...

or even worst... Geno.

Oh yeah, I'm so mature.
Now now Chandy, Geno may be impossible as SE doesn't like people touching their toys, I believe Geno represents something better than any character request, him being a pipedream

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I have an opinion is it a bad thing?
Opinions aren't a bad thing, but they can be easily flaunted about in rather rude ways.

Bandana Waddle Dee fans don't like hearing what you said any more than you like hearing the fact that you support a character that Nintendo doesn't even own the rights to anymore that has nothing more than a one-off title and a lone cameo in series more than 170 games big. Just saying.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Pre ballot is a mystery other than Royu and Wolf, ballot is literally only going to be off popular choices

As much as I want Wolf in, nobody even knows for sure if he will get in pre-ballot, thanks in no small part to him not being present in the Roy and Ryu sound leaks. Otherwise he would be a lock.

Burruni

Smash Hero
That's because I never cared about a goomba with a bandana but you can edit it if you want
You caring about them does not have any relation to the overall caring that the makers of his series and fans in regards to chance to having a hat in the Ballot Ring, specifically moreso than a character whose last apperance I BELIEVE was an unlockable character for the N64 Mario Tennis game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
As much as I want Wolf in, nobody even knows for sure if he will get in pre-ballot, thanks in no small part to him not being present in the Roy and Ryu sound leaks. Otherwise he would be a lock.
Here's why many believe Wolf is already a lock. More requested than Lucas and how Star Fox U is coming. Also, there were 5 Marios in the Mewtwo patch, correct? What if one of those is Wolf?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think if he where to be a pre-ballot character, we would probably see him sometime closer to the release of Starfox U. So I'm personally not really expecting him at E3 but hey, it would be a nice surprise. c:

>Implying these are actually popular in the ballot
inb4 Oni calls me out for no green
im not the guy to do that though.

it was dragon lord who called ME out on that :p
A bandanna koopa you say...... what about 4 of them.
400 times better.
A bandana Koopa, you say...

HOW ABOUT THE PRINCE?!

yeah and we can give him like . . .a paintbrush or something.

paintbrush- stick with a thing on the end
spear- stick with a thing on the end.

it's all the same!

Burruni

Smash Hero
tails, layton, captain toad, paper mario, simon belmont, k rool, ryu, bomberman.

seems pretty darn good to me.
Oni, you've got it wrong.

K. Roll.

The most important nintendo character.

But you're kinda overlooking a glaring matter in a hair-fine bodysuit and a star-toting puppet that sadly has been discarded like the plaything he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom