• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
Chrom? I think the character has enough merits on his own to be playable in SSB4, and enough going for him to not be a blatant clone of Marth.

As far as the "duo" idea goes, Chrom is his own character, and Lucina is her own character. They aren't dependent on each other like Trainer and his Pokemon, Olimar and Pikmin, Rosalina and Luma, the Ice Climbers, and Kat and Ana. This was my same sentiment about Diddy and Dixie being a duo; they have enough on their own.

Unlikely Pokemon? Sceptile. Hawlucha. Pangoro.

After Mewtwo, the Pokemon I'd really like to see in SSB the most is Meowth.
I think the main thing going against the Diddy/Dixie Duo was that Diddy ended up in Brawl alone. Since Chrom hasn't been alone yet, him being in a team seems more viable. I don't really care for adding the new swordsman lord of the newest FE game every time, I'd rather get a new gimmick type or something else unique from Fire Emblem. Mostly, I like playing as characters with swords, characters with magic (basically just Zelda), and team characters. So a sword duo is something I personally want to see. It has reason to happen, with the team mechanic in Awakening, and both being very popular characters somewhat similar to the FE characters already added. But they could easily both be added alone and the development team could give them unique movesets. Since there aren't many team characters, I don't think him being with Lucina is more likely, but I like the idea more. I think there'd be more possibilities to explore a new concept and make an original Smash Bros fighter here to stay, and not leave in the next installment to get replaced by the new, popular lord that'd take his moves.

D

Deleted member

Not really, you didn't connect you're post to your original thought.
-Daisy and Rosalina are equally dissimilar from Peach
-It was OK to assume Rosalina was going to be a clone of Peach
Irrelevant to Rosalina:
-Daisy is more unique from Peach than Luigi is to Mario in Mario games

If anything, you're arguing against your original point...

No, if anything it shows you shouldn't try to jump into someone else's argument and start a separate one when you don't understand the context of the argument in the first place.

So on that note, that's really all I have to say on the matter until Habanero responds.
But something tells me he's not going to...

Last edited by a moderator:

andimidna

Smash Master
No, if anything it shows you shouldn't try to jump into someone else's argument and start a separate one when you don't understand the context of the argument in the first place.

So on that note, that's really all I have to say on the matter until Habanero responds.
Ok... still not explaining anything... that's cool.

D

Deleted member

There comes a time where explaining something is pointless.
This is one of those times.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Ok, not feeling like sorting out all the extraneous junk in the post, but andimidna your "fact" on Chrom being a more popular request than Roy is 700% bull**** considering Roy's the second most wanted character PERIOD in Japan, second only to Mewtwo. Hell, I'd say that Roy's a more popular request than Chrom in the West too without hesitation. The reason Chrom's viewed as more likely isn't due to higher requests or popularity (because most people found the guy as interesting as a bag of tennis balls), but because of the fact that Awakening is the most recent FE game and sold like hotcakes, therefore making it extremely likely that it will get some sort of representation.

D

Deleted member

>States point to Habanero/Xenoblaze in ongoing discussion
>Gets random reasons why point is "different" by someone else who misses context.
>Counters random points while discussing context
>Other user, still not getting the context, makes accusation that the initial point falls apart, and demands pointless explanation they won't get again
>Doesn't waste time giving explanation that won't be understood anyway
Fixed for accuracy.

?????????????

Smash Master
I've changed my mind on what was said on this post, so now it's just this.

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
So guys, how about we take this occassion to reevaluate Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario's chances? I think Rosalina killed Junior and Waluigi's from the moment she was revealed chances, but Paper Mario, I think still has a probable chance.

andimidna

Smash Master
What was actually said:
Actually, they remind me of the pre-Dec 18th arguments that Rosalina will be a Peach clone because she is also a Princess from the Mario series with Blond hair.
Since Chrom and Lucina are not Marth or Ike in a different artstyle, and are called clones for being blue-haired FE lords (specifically Chrom) with swords, this comparison makes much more sense.

And look at what happened to Rosalina... ;)
Nah, it's a lot more like Wind Waker Link.

People coming up with a lot of unorthodox ideas and being highly in denial that the character will be based on another character.

Also, those Rosalina naysayers were idiots. I'm sorry, but please do the ****ing research before spewing garbage.
Lol.
That is all I'm going to say.

EDIT:
I lied. This needs to be addressed.

What's with the Rosalina boner lately?
Pointing out the fallacy that Rosalina is identical to Peach in every single way.
Even though prior to her Smash reveal, she essentially was just "Cosmic Peach", which you try to deny for whatever reason. :rolleyes:

Guess I must be a bloody idiot for knowing the truth as it was.
I don't recall Rosalina using turnips, parasols, varies blunt instruments, and diabetes inducing girl power.

Nor do I recall Peach using galaxy defying mystical powers.

Rosalina is more comparable to Zelda, not Peach.
I don't recall Daisy ever using Turnips, parasols, or diabetes inducing girl power, nor do I recall Peach harnessing the power of crystals and flower petals, yet she doesn't seem to be such a "unique" choice :rolleyes:.
The difference is:
1) Daisy literally debuted as an orange Peach in-game SML
2) Daisy's most important (and only important) appearance had her playing the same role as Peach
3) Peach's Daisy colors are actually still Peach anyways. It's Peach wearing a different dress that has a design reminiscent of Daisy. If you put on your friends clothes (not sure why you would), you don't become your friend.
And you don't receive your own playable slot in Smash Bros.
EDIT: 4) Also, they usually even have the same stats in the various sports games they appear in
And Luigi literally debuted as a green Mario in-game Mario Bros.
Yet.....he isn't entirely a copy of Mario (which is rare for him).

Aside from this, Luigi doesn't have much to distinguish himself from Mario ability-wise. Daisy, for someone who's pretty much limited to mass multiplayer festivities, manages to upstage Luigi in the "distinct from counterpart" department.

Irrelevant to the point.

This point makes absolutely no sense.
1. No one ever brought up anything about Peach's Daisy color in Smash. Let alone said that Peach "becomes" Daisy while using that coloration.
2. By the logic of color swaps, what the **** is Wario doing as a character in Brawl, when Mario's got a Wario palette? If you put on your rival's clothes (not sure why you would), you don't become your rival. And you don't receive your own playable slot in Smash Bros. :rolleyes:

Do you see now how dumb that sounds?

You mean like....Mario and Luigi?
At least Daisy isn't typically shown with the same exact abilities or slight modifications to Peach's as Luigi does to Mario.

EDIT: And before you keep retorting with her lack of a major role in the franchise, bear in mind that it has nothing to do with what is being argued, despite being true.
I thought you were arguing it was OK to assume Rosalina would be a clone of Peach because Daisy would. And I thought you were referring to Peach's Daisy color swap when mentioning her.

If you're actually talking about Daisy being able to have a different moveset from Peach, then yes. It just seems like your leaving out that Luigi is mostly a Mario clone. He was a complete clone in SSB64, but was mostly changed up in Brawl. So he got unique after modifications to his moveset slowly throughout every game in the series.

Unique moves for Daisy and Luigi:
Luigi- Poltergust
Daisy- Crystal Smash

That's all I got. Is Daisy really more unique from Peach than Luigi is to Mario?
......Pretty sure I've already implied that Luigi was very similar to Mario when I kept mentioning that Daisy being different from Peach in comparison to him.

First, look at what Peach has in Smash.
Toad Shield: Daisy does not have Toad servants.
Peach Bomber: ....ok, she can copy this and still make sense.
Parasol: Other than Mario Party 3 (which every playable character uses one for a mini-game), Daisy doesn't use a parasol. Let alone as a weapon like Peach did in Super Mario RPG.
Vegetable: Daisy wasn't in Super Mario Bros. 2/USA, and in their very limited appearances, they were never in games Daisy was in.
Peach Blossom: Considering this is part Super Mario RPG reference part name pun, this would not work for Daisy.

Daisy by default (unless Ganondorf-esque logic comes in) would have to be different. Even if it means a huge chunk of the moves are like Luigi's Green Missile, in that they come out of freaking nowhere.

Throughout the Mario series, Daisy has been shown with the ability to manipulate flower petals in a similar to, but less extreme manner as Byakuya from Bleach (though his are specifically cherry blossoms). It isn't really that difficult to come up with a moveset that revolves around that, and that's not including the crystal power from Strikers Charged nor factoring in her normal attacks being less "girly" than Peach to reflect her tomboyish and more violent nature.

That being said, I wouldn't want Daisy in Smash. However, for the purpose of argumentation, Daisy is like Rosalina in that despite similarities to Peach, they have (or had in Rosalina's case) means of being special. Yet, due to their similarities, it was reasonable to believe they could just be clones/semi-clones, even if Ganondorf logic has to apply. (But then again, look at Dr. Mario. The only reason why he's a clone is because he's Dr. Mario. Hard to believe, but there's ways to make even Mario's medical persona distinct as well and not have to resort to making **** up like "Super Sheet" just to keep him like Mario.)
.....it's like what I had said went right over your head.
Not really, you didn't connect you're post to your original thought.
-Daisy and Rosalina are equally dissimilar from Peach
-It was OK to assume Rosalina was going to be a clone of Peach

Irrelevant to Rosalina:
-Daisy is more unique from Peach than Luigi is to Mario in Mario games

If anything, you're arguing against your original point...

Ok... still not explaining anything... that's cool.
There comes a time where explaining something is pointless.
This is one of those times.
>States random opinions and facts
>Doesn't connect them
>Refuses to explain

Alright, I'll just pretend you never said anything.
Regardless, I stand by the Rosalina Clone Assumption being idiotic.
Fixed for accuracy.
The conversation started as a Chrom and Lucina discussion throughout almost everybody posting on the thread on that page.
Then turned into a Rosalina argument.
Who mentioned Rosalina first? Me.
What was the debate? Chrom and Lucina being justified as potential unique characters through Rosalina.
Who jumped into to the discussion about Rosalina? You (and Saturn)
Yea, I didn't just come into some conversation I had no involvement in.
Who brought up Daisy? You.
Why? For no good goddamn ****ing reason. You can't compare Rosalina to Daisy in Smash Bros, BECAUSE DAISY IS NOT ****ING IN SMASH BROS!
So now this was a unique potential debate of Rosalina vs Daisy. (And had nothing to do with the original debate of "are Chrom and Lucina more like Toon Link or Rosalina?") You grouped them together in comparison to Peach, meaning you thought they have equal uniqueness from Peach, trying to justify why you thought Rosalina would be a clone. Well, this can't be done, like I said, unless Daisy was a clone of Peach implemented in Smash Bros before Rosalina, you can't legitimately make that comparison.
And when I assumed you were talking about Peach's color swap for Daisy, as there was no way your comparison was relevant unless Daisy was playable and this is all she had. You brought up Wario?! And how unique Luigi is from Mario now? Why?! I had never said "Daisy 100% clone no matter what", I had compared her uniqueness to Rosalina's, as that was the new subject you brought up. Now that you'd brought in Mario and Luigi into the discussion, the original debate was just dead and rotting. You tried to justify Daisy no longer through any of the characters being discussed, but 2 characters that actually started out as clones.
You had now changed the subject to "is Daisy or Luigi more unique from Peach and Mario respectively?"
So I decided to respond by posting 1 move Daisy and Luigi both have that are unique from them. And asked if you had any others.
Then you talked about moves Daisy could take from Peach...
And right after talked about some of the unique moves that Daisy has, and wow her unique personality is not similar to Peach's.
And then you stated they were equally similar to Peach before Rosalina's reveal. Even though you already pointed out Daisy could take a move or 2 from Peach, and Saturn had already pointed out Rosalina could take no moves from Peach.
Which contradicts what you said when you first came into the conversation when you called Rosalina "Cosmic Peach"
You just went on and on about the uniqueness of Daisy, then paired them as equally unique from Peach. Which would mean Rosalina was plenty unique as well. Which would mean she is not Cosmic Peach. Which would mean she has no reason to be a clone if she's just as unique as apparently Daisy is.
Then you told me I jumped into your argument... which really pisses me off. If anything, you jumped into our argument about Chrom, Lucina, Toon Link, and Rosalina and turned it into comparing Daisy to everything.
You stated opinions and facts.
You didn't connect your thoughts.
And you refused to explain why you thought the way you did about all that irrelevant Daisy stuff.
Plus, you were just completely rude. You came into the conversation by saying he had a "Rosalina boner", changed the topic 10 times, told me there was no point in explaining yourself like I was too dumb to comprehend your genius, and then accused me of a bunch a random crap at the end like coming into to your argument... seriously...

D

Deleted member

I will deal with you when I get off work on Friday.

*edited at request of moderator*

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Rosalina naysayers had a viable argument. The character didn't seem interesting because nobody considered the puppet character concept in the first place and the character isn't even remotely that important to the Mario franchise anyways.

Heck, I could go as far to say that the only reason the character gets any real recognition is because the Mario development team love putting her in everything. Sure she's got fans, but the love for the character within the development teams are really what got her around the Marioverse. The generally accepted most likely Mario candidate were Paper Mario and Bowser Junior, with many even doubting that a fifth Mario character would even be added in the first place. Rosalina naysayers weren't "idiots" they just never really considered what Sakurai could do with her to make her unique.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Can you just shut the **** up?
Not really in the mood for your **** right now.
1) Exposed.
2) Butthurt.

I really wouldn't have cared at all if you hadn't accused me of doing what you, yourself did.
I don't have anything against you, just what you said. It made no sense, over and over again, and you treated me like a child who couldn't keep up.

Whatever... going to use this post for something else...
Tommorow's Pic of the Day will be...

"Pic of the Day. Hello, I am very sorry to bring bad news, but due to time constraints, Waluigi's assist trophy will have to be cut from the final game. There just isn't enough time to fully program an assist that both swings a racket and stomps their foot. And due to 3ds limitations, he will not be receiving a trophy or a sticker this time around either. I hope I can make this up to you fans by giving you an amazing Honey Queen Assist trophy. She can send bees your way, body slam on the stage, and use special honey magic. We hope you will enjoy seeing her pop-up from time to time on stages. Especially 3ds Rainbow Road, as she will be the only assist able to pop out on that stage. Thank you for understanding."

Rosalina naysayers had a viable argument. The character didn't seem interesting because nobody considered the puppet character concept in the first place and the character isn't even remotely that important to the Mario franchise anyways.

Heck, I could go as far to say that the only reason the character gets any real recognition is because the Mario development team love putting her in everything. Sure she's got fans, but the love for the character within the development teams are really what got her around the Marioverse. The generally accepted most likely Mario candidate were Paper Mario and Bowser Junior, with many even doubting that a fifth Mario character would even be added in the first place. Rosalina naysayers weren't "idiots" they just never really considered what Sakurai could do with her to make her unique.

Maybe on this Smash site, but not everywhere. Her home stage was revealed 2 days after her first playable appearance in a main Mario title was revealed. If people still considered anybody else more likely than her then... I don't understand that person.

But that's not the point of what we were saying. We were saying it was idiotic to assume Rosalina was going to be a clone simply because she's a Blonde Princess from Mario, like Peach.
Relating to the original point that Rosalina defying this flawed logic shows that you can't assume Chrom and Lucina will have to be clones of Ike and Marth because they're blue-haired lords with swords from Fire Emblem.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People saying Rosalina couldn't be a clone are blinded by hindsight.

The majority thought she would be a semi-clone at the least.

Are people forgetting that?

1) Exposed.
2) Butthurt.
He said he wasn't in the mood. Don't provoke him when he told you to stop for now.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
On Rosalina...

I honestly never would have even considered the character if not for Super Mario 3D World. That was the first thing that made me seriously think about her.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1) Exposed.
2) Butthurt.

I really wouldn't have cared at all if you hadn't accused me of doing what you, yourself did.
I don't have anything against you, just what you said. It made no sense, over and over again, and you treated me like a child who couldn't keep up.

Whatever... going to use this post for something else...
Tommorow's Pic of the Day will be...

"Pic of the Day. Hello, I am very sorry to bring bad news, but due to time constraints, Waluigi's assist trophy will have to be cut from the final game. There just isn't enough time to fully program an assist that both swings a racket and stomps their foot. And due to 3ds limitations, he will not be receiving a trophy or a sticker this time around either. I hope I can make this up to you fans by giving you an amazing Honey Queen Assist trophy. She can send bees your way, body slam on the stage, and use special honey magic. We hope you will enjoy seeing her pop-up from time to time on stages. Especially 3ds Rainbow Road, as she will be the only assist able to pop out on that stage. Thank you for understanding."
Considering why I'm not in the mood to deal with you right now has nothing to do with being "butthurt over being exposed" and everything to do with fighting off depression due to Waluigi's disconfirmation, this post ironically is even ****ing worse.

?????????????

Smash Master
Considering why I'm not in the mood to deal with you right now has nothing to do with being "butthurt over being exposed" and everything to do with fighting off depression due to Waluigi's disconfirmation, this post ironically is even ****ing worse.
Was Waluigi your most wanted character?

D

Deleted member

Was Waluigi your most wanted character?
2nd.
Mewtwo is the top.

But if we're not counting previous Smash characters that were cut, yeah. I knew his fate was sealed when Rosalina showed up, so I didn't expect the actual disconfirmation to hit me this hard.

?????????????

Smash Master
2nd.
Mewtwo is the top.

But if we're not counting previous Smash characters that were cut, yeah.
I'm sorry. I would have been disappointed if Little Mac had not been included as well.

But I'm mainly sorry that I spent so much time raking on Waluigi. I don't disagree with the decision that he isn't playable, but he's still a long-time recurring Nintendo character with a lot of likable traits, and it isn't right for me to judge which characters are the best for the game when all the characters everyone speculates are characters people want to play as.

I'm sure Waluigi himself will be used for a long time to come. Maybe his big break is coming sometime soon.

D

Deleted member

Heh. Who knows? Maybe 2015 will be "Year of Waluigi" since it'd be his 15th anniversary.

andimidna

Smash Master
People saying Rosalina couldn't be a clone are blinded by hindsight.

The majority thought she would be a semi-clone at the least.

Are people forgetting that?

He said he wasn't in the mood. Don't provoke him when he told you to stop for now.
No, I'm not forgetting that. In fact, I'm the one that said that. People told me it was idiotic and I told them it did exist and was a common argument on Miiverse, Facebook, and Youtube. I was only agreeing that it was idiotic, those weren't even my words. I'm just the only one of the three still here.
I had a full post on each move and how the clone assumption made no sense... but that was like a week ago. If we're seriously still on the subject, I will bring it up.

Woah. Didn't see that your Waluigi pic changed. And OK, that's fair. I would've been pissed if Rosalina was deconfirmed as she was my #2 most wanted. Palutena is now in her place.

But hey, at least your #1, Mewtwo, is actually going to happen, whereas my #1 Midna is probably like the 6th most likely Zelda newcomer. And we all know there won't be 6 Zelda newcomers.

I will deal with you when I get off work on Friday.

*edited at request of moderator*
Ok...? There's nothing to "deal with", you missed a few posts and didn't see the original subject, whatever, it's not like I was going to accuse you of it until you accused me repeatedly of doing what you did.

"I will deal with you"
That's just so arrogant. Do you want people to be mad at you, or be sympathetic?

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Maybe on this Smash site, but not everywhere. Her home stage was revealed 2 days after her first playable appearance in a main Mario title was revealed. If people still considered anybody else more likely than her then... I don't understand that person.
Uh, her "home stage" was from a game that was obviously going to have a stage in Smash Brothers one way or another. If anything that hinted to Bowser Junior just as much it did to her, after all Junior IS a main antagonist in the Galaxy games and was a much more major character in both of them.

But that's not the point of what we were saying. We were saying it was idiotic to assume Rosalina was going to be a clone simply because she's a Blonde Princess from Mario, like Peach.
Relating to the original point that Rosalina defying this flawed logic shows that you can't assume Chrom and Lucina will have to be clones of Ike and Marth because they're blue-haired lords with swords from Fire Emblem.

The point was that nobody thought Rosalina could be entirely unique and be Peach's Luigi or a Zelda-Esque Peach.
It was a common agreement amongst a majority of the Smash fanbase from what I can tell, but a small margin of people took her seriously when it came to her actually being a newcomer.

–––

Heh. Who knows? Maybe 2015 will be "Year of Waluigi" since it'd be his 15th anniversary.
Martinet has been yearning for a Waluigi game since 2010, so maybe one day?

We can only hope for the future.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Woah. Didn't see that your Waluigi pic changed. And OK, that's fair. I would've been pissed if Rosalina was deconfirmed as she was my #2 most wanted. Palutena is now in her place.

But hey, at least your #1, Mewtwo, is actually going to happen, whereas my #1 Midna is probably like the 6th most likely Zelda newcomer. And we all know there won't be 6 Zelda newcomers.
Thanks.

Ok...? There's nothing to "deal with", you missed a few posts and didn't see the original subject, whatever, it's not like I was going to accuse you of it until you accused me repeatedly of doing what you did.

"I will deal with you"
That's just so arrogant. Do you want people to be mad at you, or be sympathetic?
Don't push your luck.
I didn't change it to be seen as more sympathetic. I changed it upon request of a moderator to remove the unnecessary swearing while keeping the original message intact.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You're the one coming off as arrogant here.

Back off. I told you that once already.

And for your information, I told him to edit it.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Anyone find it weird how we've seen both Ashley and Waluigi before Wario?
Not really.

Sakurai isn't necessarily bound by any pattern when it comes to the stuff he chooses to reveal - save perhaps showing off Newcomers at Directs and E3 (and maybe the two-per-month pattern for Veteran confirmation seen in recent months).

andimidna

Smash Master
You're the one coming off as arrogant here.

Back off. I told you that once already.

And for your information, I told him to edit it.
I kind of guessed that one.
I'm sure it seems like I'm mad for no reason, but seriously... who wouldn't react poorly to what he said?
Would you have just said "Ok, I'm a dumb kid that can't understand your complex reasoning, sorry for bothering you"? If you would, then that just makes us very different people.

Uh, her "home stage" was from a game that was obviously going to have a stage in Smash Brothers one way or another. If anything that hinted to Bowser Junior just as much it did to her, after all Junior IS a main antagonist in the Galaxy games and was a much more major character in both of them.

The point was that nobody thought Rosalina could be entirely unique and be Peach's Luigi or a Zelda-Esque Peach.
It was a common agreement amongst a majority of the Smash fanbase from what I can tell, but a small margin of people took her seriously when it came to her actually being a newcomer.

–––

Martinet has been yearning for a Waluigi game since 2010, so maybe one day?
We can only hope for the future.
Her "home stage" is the planet you meet her, learn some of her backstory, and see her in the ending cutscene. She even walks through that house, although I don't remember if it was her's or not. 'm pretty sure it's a comet she decorated from her storybook, the main luma that gave it's life for her happiness became a place for her to live, and I'm pretty sure it was stated that's what Gateway Galaxy was. And even if I'm wrong, the place is still associated with her in 3 of her main cutscenes. It's not like they chose a plase with no relation to Rosalina, like Good Egg Galaxy or Sky Station Galaxy. Plus, she could have just appeared on Starship Mario in the background if she wasn't playable, like she does at the end of Galaxy 2. Seeing that, the entire game in Galaxy 1, you are trying to repair Rosalina's ship to be able to go to Peach, I'd say she has the deepest involvement of any NPC in the game. And she's on your screen the most often. She owns the hub. Whereas Bowser Jr is the secondary antagonist that appears in like 4 levels, which could have been replaced with anybody. (Kamek, Koopalings, Boom Boom, Pom Pom, etc.) In Galaxy 2 she can appear in every level, as she's you Super Guide, and she beats the level for you if you're bad. She also mails you and the Baby Luma letters throughout the game, and is the prize for getting 120 stars... she appears at the very end of the last level and congratulates you, then comes back on to the ship with you and talks about green stars. The games were pretty much centered around her (less in Galaxy 2) whereas Bowser Jr's fights could've just been more Bowser fights or another villain. You couldn't replace her.
You just said nobody thought she'd be unique. Hmm... I think it was pretty 50/50
I hope you guys know nobody was arguing over if people thought she'd be a clone or not, it was about how people did and why we disagreed with it.
If only a small amount took her seriously, than I feel like a pretty good speculator right now :p
The hints were all there.
Even the 3d world pic saying something like "these are the 4 playable characters in 3d world!"... when there was 5. And how the pic was taken on Gateway Galaxy. Maybe I over-analyzed pictures searching for hints to the point where I considered her a shoo-in, but oh well. :p
Anyone find it weird how we've seen both Ashley and Waluigi before Wario?
Yea, less Waluigi, but definitely seeing Ashley before Wario was a surprise IMO.
Didn't they start the Year of Luigi becuase they thought he was being neglected as only a companion or side character to Mario?
If there's any character neglected from main Mario titles... it's Waluigi. They haven't put him in 1. This is why I think the Year of Waluigi is possible.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
er "home stage" is the planet you meet her, learn some of her backstory, and see her in the ending cutscene. She even walks through that house, although I don't remember if it was her's or not. 'm pretty sure it's a comet she decorated from her storybook, the main luma that gave it's life for her happiness became a place for her to live, and I'm pretty sure it was stated that's what Gateway Galaxy was. And even if I'm wrong, the place is still associated with her in 3 of her main cutscenes. It's not like they chose a plase with no relation to Rosalina, like Good Egg Galaxy or Sky Station Galaxy.
The stage is from Super Mario Galaxy. It was going to happen. Her actual "home" stage would be the Comet Observatory (You know, the thing that pretty much follows her wherever she goes?), which it is not.
Plus, she could have just appeared on Starship Mario in the background if she wasn't playable, like she does at the end of Galaxy 2.
Starship Mario is Lubba's ship, not Rosalina's. If she was to appear in the background, it would be through the Comet Observatory. Either way I would have imagined her to be an Assist Trophy before a Background character.
Seeing that, the entire game in Galaxy 1, you are trying to repair Rosalina's ship to be able to go to Peach, I'd say she has the deepest involvement of any NPC in the game. And she's on your screen the most often. She owns the hub. Whereas Bowser Jr is the secondary antagonist that appears in like 4 levels, which could have been replaced with anybody. (Kamek, Koopalings, Boom Boom, Pom Pom, etc.) In Galaxy 2 she can appear in every level, as she's you Super Guide, and she beats the level for you if you're bad. She also mails you and the Baby Luma letters throughout the game, and is the prize for getting 120 stars... she appears at the very end of the last level and congratulates you, then comes back on to the ship with you and talks about green stars. The games were pretty much centered around her (less in Galaxy 2) whereas Bowser Jr's fights could've just been more Bowser fights or another villain.
Deepest? She owned the hub sure, but that was essentially it. She was barely even in SMG2, she is not the Super Guide and her sending letters could have easily been given to Peach again.
Bowser Junior certainly got much more focused screen time than Rosalina did, since she only got 3 actual cutscenes in the main storyline. He may have been "replaceable" but he certainly was much less "replaceable" than Rosalina was in Galaxy 2.

You couldn't replace her.
As I said, easily replaceable in the Galaxy 2. She didn't even need to be a part of the game at all and nothing would have changed.
You just said nobody thought she'd be unique. Hmm... I think it was pretty 50/50
I hope you guys know nobody was arguing over if people thought she'd be a clone or not, it was about how people did and why we disagreed with it.
Well considering you joined the forum AFTER she was revealed, I don't know if I can consider your source credible. I mean maybe where you hung out, sure. But things were different at Smashboards.
If only a small amount took her seriously, than I feel like a pretty good speculator right now :p
The hints were all there.
Even the 3d world pic saying something like "these are the 4 playable characters in 3d world!"... when there was 5. And how the pic was taken on Gateway Galaxy. Maybe I over-analyzed pictures searching for hints to the point where I considered her a shoo-in, but oh well. :p
I'd say the "hints" were barely definitive to consider her a shoe-in, but I'll let you have your fun with the thought.

Also the Year of Luigi was created to celebrate Luigi's 30th Anniversary.

Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I woke up at 6:45 to get ready for school, but it wasn't my alarm that woke me up. It was the sound of the breaking hearts of Waluigi fans.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Thought we were overdue for an Assist Trophy deconfirmation. Wasn't expecting Waluigi in particular though.

Bowser Jr.'s fate to be determined next from the Mario potentials do you think, or Paper Mario first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom