• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I for one like this decision. I wasn't too fond of the Inklings being fully playable characters and them being Mii costumes is a good role for the series IMO.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think we might get an Inkling stage as DLC, at least. And then actual full-blown Inklings in next Smash.

I for one like this decision. I wasn't too fond of the Inklings being fully playable characters and them being Mii costumes is a good role for the series IMO.
I love the idea. I just think its too soon.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
A stage for the series would work well like how AC had a stage in Brawl and then had :4villager:in the following game.

The series needs to be fleshed out a lot more for it to have reps in the series.

Burruni

Smash Hero
My point is that this isn't a deconfirmation.

Some people thought of that for Meta Knight, when the Masked Mii picture was posted on Miiverse, was cut and Sakurai was trying to break the news with a joke.

A new IP getting a Smash outfit in DLC is ground-breaking, as our current full costumes are: Link, Dunban (Xenoblade), Protoman & Megaman X, and animal suits.

The fact this was decided on and got to preparing it solely off the pre-release hype says that this game definitely has been on Nintendo's radar for being a massive title.

If the game continues retaining popularity (as the segmented free expansions and SplatFests seem to be designed to do), the Ballot looks optimistically for them like it did before.

Inklings still have the popularity that they had before this direct as a big contender for the Ballot. This shows that Nintendo is open to the idea.

Worst case scenario, these costumes are all that we get.

We don't know for now, though.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Some people thought of that for Meta Knight, when the Masked Mii picture was posted on Miiverse, was cut and Sakurai was trying to break the news with a joke.
I get what you're saying, but it's kind of pointless.

Anyone that thought Meta Knight was going anywhere is beyond help.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well, look at it this way. If the Splatoon series does well both financially and is well received as a series, Inkling is a shoe in for the next Smash game.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Inklings I think could be a possibility but I think Burrni blocked me so yeah, if you can hear me I agree with you.....

Also we don't know how long we'll be getting DLC for smash, for all we know they could keep up support all the way through the Wii U's life cycle, so anything is possible, and if Slaptoon sells they'll be in smash4 and stay in smash permanently.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Wait guys, remeber how Sakurai said that some characters that get highly requested in the ballot, but don't make it in as playable characters might get in through other means?...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I know people are going to still defend Inklings conclusion, but the simple fact is... if they planned on making Inklnigs playable (instead of just Mii costumes), they would've just plain announced it instead of the costumes.

It can still happen, but its extremely questionable, and we pretty much know for a fact now that they were never preplanned, because it makes no sense to announce these costumes if they were.

The thing is that Inklings aren't/weren't likely to begin with. Everyone's acting like they've been robbed when in actuality this is probably the best we're going to get.
Agreed.

Pakky

Smash Hero
The thing is that Inklings aren't/weren't likely to begin with. Everyone's acting like they've been robbed when in actuality this is probably the best we're going to get.
Well advertisement characters like Roy have happened before so it could still happen. I would say Pit as well but he was wanted in due to fan request which I have a hard time believing but okay.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
INB4 Isaac becomes a stage hazard in one of the stages. :troll:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
No...I don't remember that at all.
I do recall seeing the article. However, I don't think this has anything to do with the ballot. Its obvious the costumes were created to promote Splatoon.

Well advertisement characters like Roy have happened before so it could still happen.
I love how people continue to use Roy as an example when he only happened as a literal last-second addition. Inklings would have to be 100% original.

INB4 Isaac becomes a stage hazard in one of the stages. :troll:
At least then we get a Golden Sun stage.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
I love how people continue to use Roy as an example when he only happened as a literal last-second addition. Inklings would have to be 100% original.
Alright my bad... Everyone is so touché

Last edited:
After decided to finally watch all of Gurren Lagann, I think we need more drills in smash. Bowser Jr's Fsmash isn't enough! Jill? Her AT was removed
Wonder red obviously :troll:

No the other wonder red

Would have liked inkling. Think this hurts but does not end their chances. But yeah that hurts a lot

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Just a weird thing to note, these are the first Mii outfits in Smash to show the skin of the Mii's arms and legs.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Leif could have been really great as a Marth alt in Melee IMO (granted if Melee had alts in the game). I still prefer Roy over him though.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Speaking of Roy being last minute wasn't Leif going to be the Marth clone?
There's no real evidence that was actually the case. That said, I'd be shocked if that wasn't the plan before Sakurai saw FE6 and decided to use Roy instead.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Yeah, I wouldn't rule the Inklings out yet; They can be coming thanks to Ballot results that seem pretty favorable for them (wouldn't enter in conflict with any planned content); Any of those DLC for Miis we're getting are not related to the ballot early results (and I guess that post-launch, the Inklings will get a lot more support)
--I could even risking to say that the Mii outfits are an extra help to hype people about their inclusion.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah if Inklings are seriously being considered then these costumes can only help them in my opinion.
If they eventually get in I don't think there will be that much confusion between Miis and Inklings.

And if there is, well...it's not like the Link costume and Pit/Dark Pit aren't a thing.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Is not worse than many Miis out there trying to replicate masks and various video game characters.. principally, anthropomorphic animals. ;-;
(and I not even commented about faces... with image of... body parts).

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
NINTENDO IS KIDDY THEY SAID
NINTENDO WOULD NEVER RISK ANYTHING THAT WOULD SCARE A NEWBOWN THEY SAID
I mean, if you really want "kiddy nightmares."

THIS FIGHT WHEN YOU'RE 4 IS THE MOST TERRIFYING THING.

Edit: How about MARX SOUL'S BLOOD CURDLING SCREAM WHEN YOU SPLIT HIM IN HALF?!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom