• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Tbh, Tetra is the preferrable Toon Zelda alternative. Interesting Design, Pirate character and moveset (Shiek vs Tetra ... Pirates vs Ninjas anyone?), and No 'Zelda' in the name.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Either Tetra and/or Toon Zelda is fine by me, more Wind Waker love is good for me as its my personal favourite, especially if they bring Pirate Ship back with them.

Ganon too. I'd love to see him the most but his chances are very low..... :/

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Why not both? They were both planned for brawl, that is if "Toon Shiek" meant Tetra...
I'd love both, I should have probably said and/or.

I still want to know why it was removed, fans liked it and WW HD is a thing
If I recall correctly. Wind Waker HD became a thing only after the roster was decided upon. So I guess Sakurai probably didn't know at the time and brought back Bridge of Eldin instead.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
We have Woolly World
*shrugs* I guess it depends when Woolly World was planned and all. I'd assume brand new games take longer to develop than remakes.

Inb4 Majora's Mask 3D which apparently took longer to develop than the original if I recall correctly.....

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
There's a good chance we could get Pirate Ship as DLC. I mean, according to the patch files and that battlefield glitch we're getting a returning Kirby stage so I'd be surprised if we didn't see Pirate Ship return.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It allows her to go as high as possible in SM, ZM, MF, etc. So, it might as well be flying, except with spinning and surprisingly without her helmet getting all covered in Chozo Puffs.
She's much slower than Meta Knight, who can fly at the speed of the Warp Star.

I mean, if using the Space Jump to "might as well fly" doesn't really help against Ridley, it's not going to do jack against MK.

It is more serious. Thats not saying much either way, so, whatever.
More like Other M Ridley and every other Ridley.
That's doubtful. There's hardly anything cartoonish about Prime 1's and Prime 3's Meta Ridleys and Omega Ridley, and even Zero Mission's Ridley takes a degree in ferocity.

The neck is still "weird", but it's not pencil-thin and only serves as a reminder that Ridley is an alien creature, which tend to have unnatural anatomy in some way. The eyes are also not so cartoonish and the green color scheme puts on a more "serious" vibe than the purple.

It has same origin, its know as same thing and Mewtwo was made only once, so, its same. Just different continuity. Either way, both can freely "fly", so, it doesn't matters are they truly separate or not.
....different continuity....even though they exist in the same continuity.
Face it; in one continuity, there are two Mewtwo.

Those arm-wings certainly would never work for flying with such size and Other M stuff makes sense in that kind of stuff (outside of Phantoon and probably Vorash while all of unreal tech doesn't counts because, well, future). Would look weird in context of Other M stuff.
So basically you just prefer the Other M design. There's no problem with that.
However, we're talking about working things in regards to Smash.

And considering what aspects of Metroid we have in Smash, a chick in space armor that makes her look like a cross between Iron Man, Mega Man, and a Stormtrooper no matter how you slice it, said chick wearing a skin-tight bodysuit wielding a stun gun that turns into a whip, a dark copy of said chick in space armor, a giant brain in a jar, and squishy flying jellyfish things with teeth, as much as the series lends itself to be serious at times (especially in the Prime trilogy, which is more "gritty" than Other M), there's no escaping the cheesy space opera stigma that the series was founded on.

What does it really matter if the big purple space dragon isn't completely realistic or has some "silly" aspects to its design?

Just chill down already.
I can't help if I have cold feet! :awesome:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm thinking to myself, which character causes so much salt and a instant ****storm?

Ridley
A Gemastu character
:4darkpit:
:roypm:
or Third Party/Indie characters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm thinking to myself, which character causes so much salt and a instant ****storm?

Ridley
A Gemastu character
Dark Pit, Roy and Ridley have hatebases but those are overshadowed easily, third party characters pretty much got in due to fan demand, Gematsu characters left are popular and/or indifferent and Dark Pit was declared as 'most hated newcomer'

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Ridley
A Gemastu character
I don't think any character could cause as much salt and butthurt as Dark Pit did. I'll be impressed if Sakurai manages to outdo himself on that department....

Maybe Young Link?

I'll be sure to draw Toon Zelda or whoever drinking out of a "your tears" cup if they actually ends up being a reality this time....

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm now referring to characters with existing roles in the game as NPCs. I think it's a more encouraging name and demonstrates that Sakurai, unprecedented wunderkind that he is, may yet surprise us with a playable role for these characters.

And it's easier than saying "not-currently-playable-yet-may-potentially-be-playable-in-future characters". ;3

I don't think any character would cause as much salt and butthurt as Dark Pit did. I'll be impressed if Sakurai manages to outdo himself on that department....

Maybe Young Link?

I'll be sure to draw Toon Zelda drinking out of a "your tears" cup if she actually ends up being a reality this time....
That...

That's kinda grim for ol' Momo. owo;;

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm now referring to characters with existing roles in the game as NPCs. I think it's a more encouraging name and demonstrates that Sakurai, unprecedented wunderkind that he is, may yet surprise us with a playable role for these characters.
inb4 some arse goes 'What about the characters who have a role as a playable character?'

What about the characters who have a role as a playable character?

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
inb4 some arse goes 'What about the characters who have a role as a playable character?'

What about the characters who have a role as a playable character?
They're playable characters, ego they can't be NPCs by definition.

At any rate, yeah, you're right, let me correct myself: I'm referring to characters with a preexisting, functioning, battle-contextual, non-playable role in the game, such as Isabelle, Ridley, Takamaru and Ghirahim.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I feel similarly about Isabelle.

Doggy waifu will vindicate someday, she will, she will vindicate.

And yeah Ridley's good too.
Though I think Tom Nook should be the next AC character (Actually, should be Ezio) I think Isabelle's popularity is enough to surpass him on the smash roster. Maybe it's because Isabelle's hairstyle Is a bell

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I don't think any character could cause as much salt and butthurt as Dark Pit did. I'll be impressed if Sakurai manages to outdo himself on that department....

:roypm: is getting close, Ryu might but it's mostly Banjo fans and Rayman fans and :4megaman: fans who think Evil Capcom ruining Megaman's party. I know one character that would cause so much salt that it could feed french fries for years.

image.jpg
And I want him just for it and because P4 Golden is one of my favorite games

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
:roypm: is getting close, Ryu might but it's mostly Banjo fans and Rayman fans and :4megaman: fans who think Evil Capcom ruining Megaman's party. I know one character that would cause so much salt that it could feed french fries for years.

View attachment 50353And I want him just for it and because P4 Golden is one of my favorite games
Er, from what I see Persona is popular enough. And end your spoiler tags, I happened to notice it before sending the message

Burruni

Smash Hero
I feel similarly about Isabelle.
Doggy waifu will vindicate someday, she will, she will vindicate.
And yeah Ridley's good too.
Though I think Tom Nook should be the next AC character (Actually, should be Ezio) I think Isabelle's popularity is enough to surpass him on the smash roster. Maybe it's because Isabelle's hairstyle Is a bell
I honestly feel like Isabelle will surpass Tom Nook as a second Animal Crossing character come Smash 5 for two reasons.

1) I feel like Tom Nook will be bound as :4villager:'s final smash.

2) She's been promoted a TON by Nintendo. Her official twitter account, being chosen as the second guest driver for AC in Mario Kart 8, and that weird spin-off house designer game that was shown off in a direct in which she appears to be the protagonist, and general popularity.

Edit: She is not the protagonist in Happy Home Designer, she was just the specific Amiibo card used to demonstrate the game's function.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I honestly feel like Isabelle will surpass Tom Nook as a second Animal Crossing character come Smash 5 for two reasons.

1) I feel like Tom Nook will be bound as :4villager:'s final smash.

2) She's been promoted a TON by Nintendo. Her official twitter account, being chosen as the second guest driver for AC in Mario Kart 8, and that weird spin-off house designer game that was shown off in a direct in which she appears to be the protagonist, and general popularity.
Yeah, Izzy's the breakout character of her native series. Which is great - I mean, who doesn't want to see a clumsy blonde shih tzu smashing the Great King of Evil? :3

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

View attachment 50353And I want him just for it and because P4 Golden is one of my favorite games
I haven't really seen as much salt for Roy so far. In fact, I think I've seen more salt for Ryu than Roy..... I think they are the type of characters that some people will be butthurt for a little while but then get over them soon afterwards. Much like what happened with Toon Link, Lucina and Dr.Mario. Ryu might just be like Pac-Man where most would just need to see him in action first. At least that's what I think.... :/

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I lost my Roy salt because I remembered what Brawl did to Melee clones, spiced em up a little, meaning Roy will likely be a semiclone. Still going to jab at him like Rabbidluigi constantly jabbing at Skyward Sword.

huehuehuehuehue
**** zoo
And now you realize her Japanese name of Shizue was chosen as a pun off her breed of Shih Tzu.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I haven't really seen as much salt for Roy so far. In fact, I think I've seen more Salt for Ryu than Roy..... I think they are the type of characters that some people will be butthurt for a little while but then get over them soon afterwards. Much like what happened with Toon Link, Lucina and Dr.Mario. Ryu might just be like Pac-Man where most would just need to see him in action first. At least that's what I think.... :/
Dude, you're blind. Ryu is actually something people are cool with and wouldn't mind. Roy is one character that people don't want and hope the leak is fake because of what he is.

Yeah, Izzy's the breakout character of her native series. Which is great - I mean, who doesn't want to see a clumsy blonde shih tzu smashing the Great King of Evil? :3
Am I the only guy who thinks Villager just should be a solo rep for Animal Crossing? I just think he perfectly represents it as a whole and just go for stages, items and assist trophies like Tom Nook and maybe the KK Slider remixes of other music from franchises

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Dude, you're blind. Ryu is actually something people are cool with and wouldn't mind. Roy is one character that people don't want and hope the leak is fake because of what he is.
Hmm... Guess I'm hanging around the same places where the Roy fangirls reside..... :T

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
You clearly didn't experience the massive saltstorm than ensued when Ryu was leaked.

"Muh third-parties", "muh losing sight of what Smash is", "muh Capcoms", "muh dull fighting man".

Things have settled down massively since then and most people are cool with the idea, but there was an inevitable backlash after his sound file was found.

People are cool with him now, but that wasn't always the case - it takes time for fans to adjust to a new and unprecedented arrival that shatters a lot of preconceived notions, and we're only now getting around to it.

Am I the only guy who thinks Villager just should be a solo rep for Animal Crossing? I just think he perfectly represents it as a whole and just go for stages, items and assist trophies like Tom Nook and maybe the KK Slider remixes of other music from franchises
No, not at all. I can definitely respect that perspective.

Not that it will stop me supporting doggy waifu. I've been a fan of Isabelle for a long time and I intend to support her down whatever road she may find herself a-walkin' down. :3

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Not that it will stop me supporting doggy waifu. I've been a fan of Isabelle for a long time and I intend to support her down whatever road she may find herself a-walkin' down. :3
THIS! If you support a character, don't falter. If you get another chance, then go for it

I'd like Tom Nook just so I can go Marco Neko and throw **** at my foes and make them pay for it

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You clearly didn't experience the massive saltstorm than ensued when Ryu was leaked.

"Muh third-parties", "muh losing sight of what Smash is", "muh Capcoms", "muh dull fighting man".

Things have settled down massively since then and most people are cool with the idea, but there was an inevitable backlash after his sound file was found.

People are cool with him now, but that wasn't always the case - it takes time for fans to adjust to a new and unprecedented arrival that shatters a lot of preconceived notions, and we're only now getting around to it.

I know about those post and I can see that but it was more of confusion if anything. Roy brought more anger than confusion. Me and I just thought of fake because of Roy until more proof and I got insanely hype of Ryu. Plus the art of him and his twin :4myfriends: would be great.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Like how I pointed her hairstyle out a few posts ago. Nintendo, you need more puns, Chuggaaconroy is the second most popular Xenoblade thing for a reason
:4luigi:'s name was chosen because it's very similar sounding to the Japanese word Ruiji which means "similar."

:4wario2: is Warui (normally meaning "bad" or Evil") plus :4mario:.

Warui + Ruiji = Waruiji.

:4peach: Princess Toadstool of the Mushroom Kingdom.

:4bowser:'s final form in Super Mario 3D World, Meowser (or Nekoopa).

:4link: A Link to the Past. A Link Between Worlds. He's the link between Hyrule and the Sacred Realm via being blood-tied to the master sword.

:4pit::4palutena::4darkpit: 40% OF UPRISING'S DIALOGUE

:4kirby: Kirby Triple Deluxe (Kirby 3DX)

:4dedede: Dedede's Drum Dash. (DDD)

:4olimar: & Louie are redoings of :4mario:&:4luigi:'s names.

:4alph: Britany Charlie Drake. ABCD. "Alpha Bravo Charlie Delta" - NATO phonetic Alphabet

:4shulk: "The Visionary"

:4lucario: Luke-ario having the power of "Aura," a visible version of life force that allows semi-magical enhancement of human capabilities. (People make DBZ jokes but pass over the Star Wars potential)

:4charizard: Char + Lizard

:4pikachu: Pikapika (Sparkle/Crackle) + ChuChu (squeak)

:4jigglypuff: English name is blatant pun, Japanese name is pun off the word for Pudding.

Are you seriously saying Nintendo doesn't Pun enough?

PS: Chuggaa is famous with Xenoblade because he is one of... like... 3 Let's Plays of the original game and is the only one of a major LPer, if nothing else =P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom