• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Whoops...

Sounds kind of like :falcomelee:.
Yes, a little bit indeed. But I mostly came to this idea because I thought of a mix of Zelda and Sheik in playstyles. She'd mostly have to differenciate herself from Falco by using more ranged attacks, and her zoning being somewhat more like Zelda's and Greninja's. Her barrier also wouldn't be used as a reflector, but moreso of a more complex counter-sort of attack that can hold off enemies (maybe even prevent them from rolling behind you?).

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
From playing dead and psyching you out with a false Kredits montage, to turning invisible and shooting control-reversing gas clouds, he's totally unpredictable and utterly ruthless.
That should be his final smash. lol (Well.. Obviously paired with something more powerful, but I'd love it if it happened. It would be so hilarious.)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
When playing Uprising, Hades quickly became one of my favorite villains in a video game. That being said, even if I had played it pre-release or even pre-Gematsu days when he was being most suggested I'd be wise enough to know his small chances.

On the Zelda topic, there are only really five contenders not as an assist right now: Impa, Tingle, and to lesser extent Pig Ganon, Tetra, and Vaati.

Impa is the obvious long running Zelda rep.

Tingle is the breakout joke character with a giant Hatebase and even fanbase to boot and the ONLY ZELDA CHARACTER TO EVER GET HIS OR HER OWN SPINOFF.

Pig Ganon is the other iconic form of Ganon and would be unique with a Trident and Magic, and would add another villain and heavyweight

Tetra is a popular character from the Toon side of the series that (if Spirit Tracks is any indication) will likely continue to appear alongside Toon Link, aside from being a Pirate with a unique play style and a new female character, besides being a personal favorite of mine (Even though I think female is a BS reason for inclusion it is a plus as far as merit)

And Vaati is the second-most recurring Villain in the series behind incarnations of Ganon and would be unique and would please those in his decent sized vocal fanbase he has amassed as an Ensemble Darkhorse, like me.
lolwut? Tingle's still an Assist Trophy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am thinking K.Rool will either use his Blast-O-Mattic or canonball fire from Gangplank Galleon for a Final Smash. Or Sakurai could surprise us, and give him the Crystal Banana from Jungle Climber instead turning K.Rool into Melee Brinstar Debts' Kraid basically...

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Her barrier also wouldn't be used as a reflector, but moreso of a more complex counter-sort of attack that can hold off enemies (maybe even prevent them from rolling behind you?).
You mean like a reverse Guardian Orbiter kind of thing? That would be pretty cool. It's totally not how I use the Guardian Orbiters. Nope, not one bit. (Walks away while trying to mask guiltiness)
A lot of movesets have it as a Final Smash.

@BKupa666's version has it dragging people off the upper blastzone.
If King K. Rool gets in I want this.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Is it just me or does King K have some of the best theme music ever?

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Don't feel bad; my guy isn't getting in either.
eh.. I have high expectations for K. Rool; so, I wouldn't be bummed at all. =P.. but would be so nice if all of them could get it. XD (Also, Ryu!.. he's just one more of my hype fuels right now =P).

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Out of Wonder Red, Tiki, Anna, K. Rool, Dixie, Ridley, Professor Layton, Shantae, Isabelle and Metal Face...

I expect K. Rool, and maybe Red and Dixie if I'm super-lucky.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
All I want is an Advance Wars rep, is that so hard Sakurai?

I guess I'll take Dixie Kong, Wonder Red and Ryu as a consolation prize.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I have the smallest list of characters I want to see make the jump to playable (Takamaru, Lip, Mike Jones, Anna/Lyn, Inklings, Wonder Red and Impa) and I'd say none of them have more than a 10% max chance of making it via DLC given everything going on in the fan base.

I support a lot of characters for others though. Hopefully Karma kicks in for me someday. :p

TKactual

Smash Journeyman
Lets be honest here, its all about that Shiga. He's an obvious choice.:laugh:

To all who actually know who this is.... I love you.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Lets be honest here, its all about that Shiga. He's and obvious choice.:laugh:

To all who actually know who this is.... I love you.
That's a funny way to say Amy from Zanzarah: The Hidden Portal. :p

I'm kidding. Everyone has an obscure character they are secretly rooting for, and they should all be respected. (Amy isn't even one of them for me. I just like Zanzarah. :))

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I know the perfect character that should be added in Smash and it is someone who was considered a shoo-in since the day a special user had brought up the idea.

Expecting Brash the Bear? TOO BAD! Style Savvy Time! :troll:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I know the perfect character that should be added in Smash and it is someone who was considered a shoo-in since the day a special user had brought up the idea.

Expecting Brash the Bear? TOO BAD! Style Savvy Time! :troll:
I would totally be fine if someone like her is our next WTF character...

That, or a Scuba Diver from Endless Ocean (hoping they'll be a game on Wii U). Seriously though, an EO character has my full support! :awesome:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
For some reason, I don't hate the doc and lucina. I just hate Dark Pit because I just don't like his character. Like he's just an edgier Pit, who tries to hard to be badass.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Completely off topic but what if Waluigi and Nabbit starred in a game in which they were bulgars and stole things for clients. There would have various gadgets that they would buy with their earnings from E.Gadd.

Also I'm thinking if the target object was in a locked room with lasers and junk and the only way was through air vents, Nabbit could crawl through them and be guided by Waluigi from outside on some sort of tablet device (insert bad E.Gadd Wii U pun here).

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I wish Advance Wars characters got more support...I think Sami with a moveset like Snake's would be cool because explosions are awesome. :chuckle:
Sami stealing Snake's moves would be a ripoff, man. She needs to have her own moveset if she gets in.

And Snake needs to come back with his, of course.

D

Deleted member

Because Sakurai's never heard Sami or Sturm's theme before.
Those beats though.

I wish Advance Wars characters got more support...I think Sami with a moveset like Snake's would be cool because explosions are awesome. :chuckle:
Or Olaf's.

Seriously, we need Not-Santa in Smash. Especially since we no longer have the Ice Climbers to bring the ice.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sami stealing Snake's moves would be a ripoff, man. She needs to have her own moveset if she gets in.
And Snake needs to come back with his, of course.
Already?
I didn't say that. I said a moveset like Snake's. Meaning it has explosives. That's it.
Although honestly you could copy and paste his moveset and it would 100% relevant to everything that happens in Advance Wars...reskin the Up Special into a T. Copter drone...

Or Olaf's.
Seriously, we need Not-Santa in Smash. Especially since we no longer have the Ice Climbers to bring the ice.
His theme is cool, you could say.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Not exactly. Robo Burner only lets R.O.B. propel himself upwards and recharges only on the ground at a fast pace.
My idea is giving Ridley free-flight. Can fly in any direction and can hover in place if he should so choose. The visible meter charges at a moderate pace when not in use. (And tied to Kinetic Breath Weapon if we're going the G:DAMM Energy Meter route).
Well, thats ok then...i guess. I've kinda lost the point i made...
If you're talking the Space Jump, that doesn't really count as "flying".
It allows her to go as high as possible in SM, ZM, MF, etc. So, it might as well be flying, except with spinning and surprisingly without her helmet getting all covered in Chozo Puffs.
Not really anymore "serious" than the content from previous Smash titles.
It's mainly the design difference between Super Metroid (Artwork + purple) Ridley and Other M Ridley.
It is more serious. Thats not saying much either way, so, whatever.
More like Other M Ridley and every other Ridley.
Not in the animeverse they didn't. The Genesect movie? That starred a completely separate Mewtwo from the one from the first movie.
It has same origin, its know as same thing and Mewtwo was made only once, so, its same. Just different continuity. Either way, both can freely "fly", so, it doesn't matters are they truly separate or not.
I disagree. It looks perfect in context of Smash to me.
Those arm-wings certainly would never work for flying with such size and Other M stuff makes sense in that kind of stuff (outside of Phantoon and probably Vorash while all of unreal tech doesn't counts because, well, future). Would look weird in context of Other M stuff.
Those kind of puns are nice.
They give me a chill down my spine.
It's snow wonder that...*shot*
Just chill down already.
You know what I find strange?

I would love Ridley and King K. Rool, but I need to see how they would function in the game. K. Rool has a strange build, the closest thing being Dedede who has what would likely be a very different plays tyle, with stubby legs and a large body and arms. Ridley is quite large with a bulky frame including wings and a tail.

I would like these characters but can't pin down their movement styles.
I may have misunderstood what you meant under "movement style".
I can at least answer on Ridley part of it. Overall, he is a mix of Pre-Sm4sh Bowser (hunched over most of the time, overall sluggish movement, etc) and a Xenomorph (tail movement and maybe somethig else).

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
He must've meant Toon Zelda.
Almost everyone in this thread seems to forget that she's still a contender for the Zelda franchise...
If DLC packs are to be a thing (and considering it seems Sakurai intends to revisit the Forbidden 7) I could see a pack with Dixie and Toon Zelda happening.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Toon Zelda or Young Link would get in and kill off Impa's chances I think I'll flip my ****.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
For some reason, I don't hate the doc and lucina. I just hate Dark Pit because I just don't like his character. Like he's just an edgier Pit, who tries to hard to be badass.
It's funny because the cutscene in which he finishes off a boss by kicking it in the face was "And THAT is how you beat a boss"
The Japanese version however has him in great pain because kicking giant monsters in the face tends to shatter your bones

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
He must've meant Toon Zelda.
Almost everyone in this thread seems to forget that she's still a contender for the Zelda franchise...
If Sakurai intends to revisit the "Forbidden 7" (Which from the looks of Dr.Mario, Mewtwo and potentially Roy. Seems to be a possibility) I can see her and Dixie Kong as not too far out of the question. They should be pretty simple to make as there are already some assets for them to borrow from. I kinda wish her thread was still open though as I would have liked to discuss a potential semi-clone moveset for her....

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
If Sakurai intends to revisit the "Forbidden 7" (Which from the looks of Dr.Mario, Mewtwo and potentially Roy. Seems to be a possibility) I can see her and Dixie Kong as not too far out of the question. They should be pretty simple to make as there are already some assets for them to borrow from. I kinda wish her thread was still open though as I would have liked to discuss a potential semi-clone moveset for her....
I'd say ask a moderator to reopen her thread considering she doesn't even have an in-game role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom