• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Hey if you Put the some of the European and the US titles of Characters from the Boxing Ring together you can get cool announcements

He Smashes Bricks with His Fists, It's Mr. Video Game Himself, MARIOOOOOOO

It's The Sleepy Singer, The Delightful Balloon Pokémon, JIGGLYPUUUUUUUUFF

A Warrior from a Doomed Future, She's the Defiant of Destiny, LUCINAAAAAAAAA

The Only Numbers He Knows Are "One-Two", It's Bruiser from the Bronx, LITTLLLLE MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACC

This Visionary Has Visions of Victory, say hello to, SHUUUUUUUUULK

Low Armour, High Agility, The Warrior Within,It's ZERO. SUIT SAMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSS

She'll Make You Feel the Burn! It's the Yoga Warrior / He'll Blast Your Core! The BMI Bandit - WII.FIT. TRAINEEEEEEEEEER

The Tome-Toting Strategist, The Tactician Magician, It's ROBIIIIIIIIIIIIIN (and Chroooom)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Here's King K. Rool's splash text card by the by.

king k rool.PNG

Looks fantastic. Like the real deal, I'd say.
Here's the speed paint video, it someone wants to make a gif of it:

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Gonna be honest.

I don't have a particular "want" for him to be in but I a) believe he has been due an inclusion b) respect his fans well enough and c) am eager to see what they do with his moveset.

I can't help but see it to be a motley arrangement from his various villanous roles, namely in the 3 DKC games and 64 because Donkey Konga already has everything about it handled by :4dk:'s final smash and everyone forgets that King of Swing and Barrel Blast exist.

Like... Neutral B being his blunderbuss (akin to :4bowserjr: with :4diddy:'s possible overcharge), Side B being his Crown :4link::4tlink: Boomerang, Up B being a :4villager: limited flight Baron K Roolsentein Jetpack, and Down B being a :4bowser: butt :4yoshi:stomp from his Boxing Fight.

TL;DR: King K. Rool is a character I expect and can get a bit hyped for. His kit will be probably a pretty projectile-heavy.... heavyweight based on all of his appearances mixed into one kit.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Smashified did King K. Rool.

This one almost looks legit. I love it.

EDIT: Okay, my bad. I didn't know Smashified was multiple people now.
This art was by someone else. >.>
Video source plz, I want to see the process required to make it.

Derp: I was too slow.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Fully evolved pokemon tend to be the most popular in a line and the most important overall. How is that logic flawed? Also lol non-popular pokemon mega evolve as well to make them more viable to play with, for example no cares about Glaie, Medicham, Lopunny, Banette, Altaria, Absol, or Abmasnow,yet they got mega evolutions. On top of them Charizard and Mewtwo stand out because they got two.
Proves my point that Mega Evolutions mean jack squat to a Pokémons overall importance.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
To see Dixie Kong and King K. Rool officially join SSB4..That'll be the day...

Pakky

Smash Hero
Pakky, Lucas is less relevant in the video game industry than my belly button, that's why I'm done with you and put you on ignore for now
So you don't know about mobs of fans breaking down Reggie's door to localize mother 3? Really? And you're a child so I'm done as well.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
So everyone cares about Roy, Wolf, and Snake. How come there's no love for IC's, Squirtle, and Ivysaur?
People don't actively campaign as hard for Icies because their issue is a matter of the engine. The 3DS can't handle Nana's AI. Pikmin run at half of the speed of fighters (at best) and are very low poly and Luma is just a detached part of Rosalina's inputs with no seperate AI to it other than it's meandering back to her after Luma Shot.

Squirtle and Ivysaur supporters are quiet because they don't expect 2 characters of the same series as DLC and :4greninja: really overshadows Squirtle.

Edit:
I'm not a DKC fan but I feel like I need to live long enough to see King K. Rool and Isaac in Smash Bros.
Speaking of which, I can't wait for them to draw Isaac. :colorful:
BANDANA DEE FIRST.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
And it means kinda nothing or else Abomasnow wouldn't have gotten one.
Well it means something on top of all the other accolades the aforementioned pokemon have. Also Lucario's has lore seniority when it comes to his. So in terms of story and the series megas do matter, and their brownie points for getting into smash.

Ivy and Squirts are unevolved kids so they don't get any until they grow up.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Well it means something on top of all the other accolades the aforementioned pokemon have. Also Lucario's has lore seniority when it comes to his. So in terms of story and the series megas do matter, and their brownie points for getting into smash.

And another reason why Mega Evolutions don't gauge importance.
Only fully evolved ones get them.

Pakky

Smash Hero
And another reason why Mega Evolutions don't gauge importance.
Only fully evolved ones get them.
How does that make any sense whatsoever? Explain. Why wouldn't fully developed being get a chance to go one more step? Lower forms have growing to do, therefore this forced extra step wouldn't make sense for them to have.

That's like going to college when you're really suppose to be in daycare.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I can kinda see Mega evolutions losing their "specialness" if you will at some point in the future once more and more Pokemon get them. I can imagine people going all "Oh, Zoroark/Deoxys/Raichu got a Mega Evolution? Lol that's so 2013!"

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
No, I mean I just don't see his appeal as a character in Smash Bros.
Eh, can't blame you really, he's pretty comparable to Toad but unlike Toad this one has an identity. I feel similar to Waluigi so again, can't blame you. Besides, it's just a video game character, it isn't right or wrong to have an opinion on him

But we already have all three main characters.

:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:
Bandana Dee has appeared in more games recently than Meta Knight, not to mention he pulled a Rosalina to go from side character to main character

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Eh, can't blame you really, he's pretty comparable to Toad but unlike Toad this one has an identity. I feel similar to Waluigi so again, can't blame you. Besides, it's just a video game character, it isn't right or wrong to have an opinion on him
So its wrong for me to have an opinion about Ivy and Squirts though? Okay:ohwell::ohwell:

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
How does that make any sense whatsoever? Explain.
Mega Evolutions are basically the final final evolution, meaning that the Pokémon who are not fully evolved don't get them.
This means that if Mega Evolution gauge importance, only full growns are in the running for them.

Basically, if baby Pokémom could get Mega Evolutions, Squirtle and Ivysaur could have gotten two too.

Also, Pikachu has no Mega Evolution, , reinforcing the point Mega Evolutions are only awared to full growns, which gives a incomplete impression of what Pokémon are popular as very popular or outright iconic Pokémon are left out because they are not in their final forms.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
I can kinda see Mega evolutions losing their "specialness" if you will at some point in the future once more and more Pokemon get them. I can imagine people going all "Oh, Zoroark/Deoxys/Raichu got a Mega Evolution? Lol that's so 2013!"
True but the multiple megas club I feel will stay small and promote importance to those who have more than one. Also megas aren't the only way to play, for some pokemon its just more viable to mega evolve than not.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Hey if you Put the some of the European and the US titles of Characters from the Boxing Ring together you can get cool announcements

He Smashes Bricks with His Fists, It's Mr. Video Game Himself, MARIOOOOOOO

It's The Sleepy Singer, The Delightful Balloon Pokémon, JIGGLYPUUUUUUUUFF

A Warrior from a Doomed Future, She's the Defiant of Destiny, LUCINAAAAAAAAA

The Only Numbers He Knows Are "One-Two", It's Bruiser from the Bronx, LITTLLLLE MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACC

This Visionary Has Visions of Victory, say hello to, SHUUUUUUUUULK

Low Armour, High Agility, The Warrior Within,It's ZERO. SUIT SAMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSS

She'll Make You Feel the Burn! It's the Yoga Warrior / He'll Blast Your Core! The BMI Bandit - WII.FIT. TRAINEEEEEEEEEER

The Tome-Toting Strategist, The Tactician Magician, It's ROBIIIIIIIIIIIIIN (and Chroooom)
It's the Blue Blur vs The BLUE BOMBER!!!!!!!!

Pakky

Smash Hero
Mega Evolutions are basically the final final evolution, meaning that the Pokémon who are not fully evolved don't get them.
This means that if Mega Evolution gauge importance, only full growns are in the running for them.

Basically, if baby Pokémom could get Mega Evolutions, Squirtle and Ivysaur could have gotten two too.

Also, Pikachu has no Mega Evolution, , reinforcing the point Mega Evolutions are only awared to full growns, which gives a incomplete impression of what Pokémon are popular as very popular or outright iconic Pokémon are left out because they are not in their final forms.
Pikachu was a bad example because it gets everything else to make up for not having a mega.

Now let me break this down so you can understand my reasoning for calling mega evolution important towards those who are in smash.

.Lucario- His mega evolution is important because in lore he was the first to do it in the region of Kalos and I believe the first Pokemon discovered that could

.Mewtwo- Introduced the concept to the public and was the first mega evolution and has two

.Charizard- Has two, was the first starter/non-legendary to have two,and was the star of two specials in which he mega evolved

No matter how many pokemon get megas or multiple megas these things listed are historical points for the franchise and the characters, you can't take that away.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Pikachu was a bad example because he get everything else to make up for not have a mega.

Now let me break this down so you can understand my reasoning for calling mega evolution important towards those who are in smash.

.Lucario- His mega evolution is important because in lore he was the first to do it in the region of Kalos and I believe the first Pokemon discovered that could

.Mewtwo- Introduced the concept to the public and was the first mega evolution and has two

.Charizard- Has two, was the first starter/non-legendary to have two,and was the star of two specials in which he mega evolved

No matter how many pokemon get megas or multiple megas these things listed are historical points for the franchise and the characters, you can't take that away.
And Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Greninja have none.

Mega Evolutions aren't needed to get in Smash, especially not when you're a veteran.

Mega Evolutiions give a general view on which Pokémon are important, but it's not the end factor.
There are some flaws in the system (Lots of outcasts, only full grown get them) that don't make it the all end as far as Smash characters go.

Deciding these is not as easy as counting their Mega Evolutions.
Pikachu has none, Abomasnow has one.

Same for others like Meowth, Jigglypuff and Zoroark.

EDIT: Don't forget the flood of Genwun Pokémon that have them.
As much as it hurts me, Pidgeot was, is and will never be important to Pokémon, despite having a Mega Man.

EDIT: I'm done with this.
Anybody wants to take over?

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
And Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Greninja have none.

Mega Evolutions aren't needed to get in Smash, especially not when you're a veteran.

Mega Evolutiions give a general view on which Pokémon are important, but it's not the end factor.
There are some flaws in the system (Lots of outcasts, only full grown get them) that don't make it the all end as far as Smash characters go.

Deciding these is not as easy as counting there Mega Evolutions.
Pikachu has none, Abomasnow has one.

Same for others like Meowth, Jigglypuff and Zoroark.
I never said megas were needed to get into smash.... I said they add importance, I never said or meant to say that they were an end all be all but an addition to existing accolades.

Ivysaur and Squirtle simply lack what Pikachu, Greninja, and Jiggs have. Which is being important. Ivysaur especially because the middle stages save for one or two get no love overall. Squirts matters more but we have Greninja so.... Greninja had two (now one) signature moves on the release of X&Y and this was most likely planned out when he was on the drawing board because Mat block and Water shuriken are in his move set. Jiggs is a fairy which is recent and that matters.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom