• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Listen, if we get a DLC character every two months then we can get two more characters after Lucas in August and October, and then Wolf in December to concurrently debut alongside Starfox Wii U as a Christmas title

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My thoughts on the rumoured leak:

Roy - I would definitely welcome him back to the Smash Bros. universe. After all, he was my main in Melee.
Ryu - Well, I do love Street Fighter and I was hoping for either Megaman or Ryu as candidates for Capcom's representative in Smash 4. Even though I am happy with Megaman, I wouldn't mind having Ryu as well.

Anyways, as always, I am taking the rumour with a grain of salt for now.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Roy: Would be fine if decloned. Could see happening
Ryu: No. I liked SSF43DS, but no. If we were to get a second Capcom character I'd say bring in Viewtiful Joe
Roy -
Why do so many people thing Roy would be decloned after so many other characters have just been brought back completely as-is? I can NOT see Roy decloned in any way, shape, or form. He'll be exactly the same just balanced a bit so he's not useless if he's brought back.

But yeah, taking with a HUGE grain of salt until we get someone else to verify the claims. The fact that Ryu's victory was half the length of everyone else's just screams fake to me, and we get far more fake leaks than legit.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Roy -
Why do so many people thing Roy would be decloned after so many other characters have just been brought back completely as-is? I can NOT see Roy decloned in any way, shape, or form. He'll be exactly the same just balanced a bit so he's not useless if he's brought back.

But yeah, taking with a HUGE grain of salt until we get someone else to verify the claims. The fact that Ryu's victory was half the length of everyone else's just screams fake to me, and we get far more fake leaks than legit.
I meant Roy would be likely, but I wouldn't like him unless he's decloned a bit

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if I'd even buy Roy DLC. I mean I'd probably buy Ryu despite not having much interest in Street Fighter if he had a unique moveset and looked fun to use.....

....but I'm not spending €4.99 on a clone of a character (who already has a clone) I already have with added fire effects. I'd rather buy some of the Mii costumes honestly.

I'd buy a lot of character dlc (heck I'd probably buy Captain Toad dlc) but I have to draw the line somewhere.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
3DS Mewtwo code for whoever wants it. Enjoy.

A0815H630EQU3CTW
This is extremely kind of you.

Unfortunately my 3DS is a good distance away as I didn't bring it to uni. Still, hope whoever redeems it enjoys it.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
"Take my word for it" is not sufficient proof.

We can look at his credentials and presume he's a sincere guy, sure, but there's no actual evidence to suggest he's right.

For those who dont know he made an update

OK, so it seems this whole thing exploded while I was away. Did some more investigating and got the rest of the audio files converted. One of them looks to be N64 Dreamland, an updated Pac-Man and Pokemon stage song, Ryu's stage, a stage I'm not sure what it is (MoriStage_3DS), and then the 3 victory themes. Since Dropbox died last time, I zipped all the audio files into a MEGA download here. Also, just another note, but the thing I just realized is that in my 1.05 decryption the sounds folder was nonexistant, so all these sounds are new in one way or another.
Still dont believe it. still would greatly prefer V. Joe. still waiting for pushDustin

EDIT cutting room floor's twitter claims their data miners found tje ryu stuff.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
R.I.P. Diddy "Hoo Hah" Kong. You had a great run in tournament play with Down Throw Up Air. Hopefully you're still in tournament play.

Also, while the idea of Ryu being in Sm4sh sounds nice, I'm still skeptical about this information. Especially with Roy, because I just can't see him appearing after Lucina. I'll just wait until E3 for more DLC information. We only got 2 months anyway.

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Roy -

His Shield breaker would be different, and his down smash in melee is like Shulk's

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If anything, now I'm expecting around 12-20 characters now.
Now I feel like the DLC selection is bigger than we thought.
If only I could believe that.

Just because we got an odd unexpected choice doesn't mean the floodgates are opening, it just means we're probably going to be squeezed even tighter in terms of getting the characters we want.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If only I could believe that.

Just because we got an odd unexpected choice doesn't mean the floodgates are opening, it just means we're probably going to be squeezed even tighter in terms of getting the characters we want.
Frankly I doubt it. I think Ryu is probably a bonus due to some arrangement Nintendo made, and it also means Nintendo is interested in adding more characters than we expected as Smash DLC.

Granted, I do think it makes it less likely for other third-parties to happen. Especially due to how iconic Ryu is; any additional third-parties would probably have to be just as iconic as Ryu.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If anything, now I'm expecting around 12-20 characters now.
Now I feel like the DLC selection is bigger than we thought.
It's something to think about.

They were already working on FOUR characters even before the ballot began. More than 10 characters seem like an easy possibility now.

:231:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Pious Augustus would make an AWESOME oddball choice.

An undead skeletal centurion lich who can raise the dead would sell itself. Don't try to tell me it wouldn't.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It's something to think about.

They were already working on FOUR characters even before the ballot began. More than 10 characters seem like an easy possibility now.

I definitely think its more likely they'd be working on a bunch of characters at once; its a lot easier to balance that way. I definitely think this means we're probably getting more DLC than expected, though others think differently. I had to log out of Skype due to the backlash this news got in one of the chats I'm in.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Sakurai definitely HAS to be working on more characters other than Lucas at the current moment. If he was only going to develop Lucas and then stop until poll results were gathered, it would take forever for the next DLC character to come out. Thus, it makes sense to assume that Roy, Ryu, and Wolf are in development

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm suprised the Roy/Ryu discovery seems to have made people more hopeful rather than less hopeful.

Honestly I was afraid the whole forum would go down in flames if it got verified.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If anything, it gives more hope to third-parties who apparently can't get in because SEGA, Namco, and Capcom already have a representative.
TBH that's more exciting than getting actual Nintendo newcomers IMO.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
>Third-party newcomer
>SEGA newcomer

Don't mind me, I'm just going to sit here in my corner and campaign solo for Alicia Melchiott.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If anything, it gives more hope to third-parties who apparently can't get in because SEGA, Namco, and Capcom already have a representative.
TBH that's more exciting than getting actual Nintendo newcomers IMO.
You say that but something like 90% of Sega support will be going to a second Sonic rep.

That doesn't particularly excite me.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm suprised the Roy/Ryu discovery seems to have made people more hopeful rather than less hopeful.

Honestly I was afraid the whole forum would go down in flames if it got verified.
Ryu is the only one here who was completely out of nowhere. And :4duckhunt::4darkpit::4wiifit: have made most people resistant to surprises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom