• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
My dream of a :roypm: vs :4roy: may FINALLY come true

...just like :4lucario: vs :4mewtwo:

Looking at the character selection screen, it's pretty odd right now.

Link and Kirby are off on their own separated from the rest of their series. Villager is fine since he's already on his own.

It makes you wonder what it's going to look like when the character dlc has stopped coming....
I swear, the new CSS screen is giving me some serious OCD

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
All things considered, I would rather have this Ryu:

....the other guy is cool too, though.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sakurai states he won't add a character from a fighting game. He states he won't do DLC.

He now adds the most famous fighting game character of all time in. As DLC.

Can we all agree this man is filled to the brim with total bull**** and no one should ever use anything he says as gospel for the next batch of Smash speculation. At this rate I'm half expecting Ridley and the ice Climbers to return.

Still, Roy was one of my favourites from the cuts and Ryu is certainly of legendary status. This could be fun.
Ryu from Street Fighter II? That would be hype!

Of all possible Capcom mascots, Mega Man and Ryu (Street Fighter II, sadly not Breath of Fire) make the most sense.

Personally, I think Arthur from Ghosts 'n Goblins make sense too.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
In regards to the Ryu leak.
I've heard that the guy who made the announcement is a well known hacker. Can someone confirm?
See, I didn't believe it even remotely due to the ripped music, but when I heard that, I'm now not so sure.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
1) No Wolf files.
2) All the sound bytes are direct rips, nothing original.

Anyone could do this, all you would need is knowledge of what the data would look like.

Smells of fake to me.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
In regards to the Ryu leak.
I've heard that the guy who made the announcement is a well known hacker. Can someone confirm?
See, I didn't believe it even remotely due to the ripped music, but when I heard that, I'm now not so sure.
I wouldn't trust the leak, really. If Capcom had Megaman get an original victory theme, they'd make Ryu get one, as well.

Besides, plenty of characters have "Ryu" in their names. :p

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
1) No Wolf files.
2) All the sound bytes are direct rips, nothing original.

Anyone could do this, all you would need is knowledge of what the data would look like.

Smells of fake to me.
I don't know about that. Last time we went nuts and were quick to call out a fake, it turned out to be real

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I personally would be down with Ryu. He's an all-star.
Still doubt the leak is real.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't know about that. Last time we went nuts and were quick to call out a fake, it turned out to be real
Umm... the ratio of real to fake leaks is like 1:100. The last real leak we had was... was it the roster one back in August?

The last time we went nuts over a leak it was indeed fake.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Guys, just update me, please (I'm not in home anymore, and the internet where I'm is very bad)... but the Ryu thing on the files is fake, right?...

If not... lol, I dunno how to feel... Street Fighter is one of my favorite franchises, and Ryu is my favorite character from there... but I dunno how to handle him in Smash; ..

I was hoping at least for a trophy:

(I made this, when the Wii U version was launched, btw)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Guys, just update me, please (I'm not in home anymore, and the internet where I'm is very bad)... but the Ryu thing on the files is fake, right?...

If not... lol, I dunno how to feel... Street Fighter is one of my favorite franchises, and Ryu is my favorite character from there... but I dunno how to handle him in Smash; ..

I was hoping at least for a trophy:

(I made this, when the Wii U version was launched, btw)
That's excellent! The description is really nice, I got a chuckle out of the Hadouken / Shoryuken gag.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Umm... the ratio of real to fake leaks is like 1:100. The last real leak we had was... was it the roster one back in August?

The last time we went nuts over a leak it was indeed fake.
And which was that again, the Rayman one?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
That's excellent! The description is really nice, I got a chuckle out of the Hadouken / Shoryuken gag.
Tried to get the "Smash4 way to describe" the trophies. =P... but hey, .. in the end, this must be a thing now... for real. (but I'm not really buying :\/ ).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The one-two-three punch of Sakurai denying both fighting game characters and multiple characters per company, plus the victory theme being a tiny one lifted right out of Street Fighter debunks this for me. At least, I seriously hope so.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
If Ryu is a newcomer, I demand the following stipulations:

- Japan Rooftops appears as a stage
- Ryu's theme plays in said stage
- One of his victory quotes is, "You must defeat me to stand a chance!"
- Ken appears as an Assist Trophy - he performs a series of his signature fiery Shoryuken, then flashes a smile and thumbs up before departing
- M. Bison appears as an Assist Trophy - he laughs wickedly and performs a powerful Psycho Crusher, then strikes his classic "cut-throat" pose before departing
- Trophies of the original roster of Street Fighter II appear

Oh boy, that would be amazing.

Now I'm wondering who SEGA and Namco would introduce to even the playing field, eheheh~ ;3

NOTE: I'M NOT SUGGESTING ANY OF THIS WILL HAPPEN. I'M JUST PLAYING AROUND.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Ryu is iconic, but feels so random at the same time.
I hope it's fake, but I would like some SF music in Smash ...

Guile's and Juri's themes please.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Meh, I don't care about Ryu. My angst against Ryu way back when was due to people saying he'd get in over Mega Man if a Capcom character were to happen. Personally the bigger crime would be not having Zero as a playable fighter since he would not only function very well as a fighter in Super Smash Bros, but he'd represent two whole popular sub-series within the Mega Man universe. Plus, how cool would it be to see Dark Hold as his Final Smash? :awesome:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Who thinks the Ryu + Roy thing is true?

...........I'll be fine with it.......but I still want Wolf.....

Also, Sakurai shouldn't make up rules like "characters from other fighting games won't be in Smash" when there's a chance he would change his mind AGAIN.:rotfl:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Just wait a few days for someone to confirm or disconfirm that the Ryu/Roy victory themes actually are in the data. Shouldn't take too long.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Ryu? Sure, we can get a fighting game character from all of the already represented 3rd party companies. Along with Ryu we can have Heihachi from Tekken and Akira from Virtua Fighter. :awesome: Seriously though, I think Ryu is iconic enough to warrant a spot on the roster, (he's more iconic than all of the 3rd party characters we suggest) but I don't see Sakurai going through with it.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If Ryu gets in...not only would that be a second rep from a third party, but also a fighting game character in Smash...
There would be no excuse to NOT have Nightmare.
Screw Tekken, Soulcalibur is the ****.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Ryu in Smash can be a quick answer for all the Goku requests out there :troll:... you know... a Shinkuu Hadouken can be easily a Kamehameha substitute. :p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah link needs to have a rematch, but nightmare needs to come to Link's home turf this time.
- Announcement of Street Fighter 5 heading to Wii U
- Announcement of Soulcalibur 2 HD Online heading to Wii U with Link
- Dual announcement of Ryu and Nightmare joining Smash Bros.

What if.

D

Deleted member

Ryu from Street Fighter potentially joining the battle?

I'm leaning towards fake, but if it is true, what is this I don't even? Just when I thought I was prepared for anything, this happens.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Personally, I think Arthur from Ghosts 'n Goblins make sense too.
No, I'm sorry but if Bayonetta can't get in because her clothes sometimes disappear during attacks, there's no way we should support Arthur in Smash.
To allow a man who gets stripped to his pants and not allow a woman who strips would just be incredibly sexist.

:troll:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
If Ryu is a newcomer, I demand the following stipulations:

- Japan Rooftops appears as a stage
- Ryu's theme plays in said stage
- One of his victory quotes is, "You must defeat me to stand a chance!"
- Ken appears as an Assist Trophy - he performs a series of his signature fiery Shoryuken, then flashes a smile and thumbs up before departing
- M. Bison appears as an Assist Trophy - he laughs wickedly and performs a powerful Psycho Crusher, then strikes his classic "cut-throat" pose before departing
- Trophies of the original roster of Street Fighter II appear

Oh boy, that would be amazing.

Now I'm wondering who SEGA and Namco would introduce to even the playing field, eheheh~ ;3

NOTE: I'M NOT SUGGESTING ANY OF THIS WILL HAPPEN. I'M JUST PLAYING AROUND.
Nice to know I'm a psycho ;)

Last time we went nuts and were quick to call it the truth, it turned out to be fake.
Gawd Karen, I forgot about Rayman the fist time around okay?

Seriously, I really don't understand the love for Bayonetta. She just doesn't seem to be a fit for the series.

inb4Blueand/orWhite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom