• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If it had to be narrowed, use the stuff he uses in the Scribblenauts promotion art, like the flying bathtub and his pencil.
Use his side-special for summoning monsters, the longer you hold, the bigger the creature.
Use the down-special to create objects (which you can carry as an item), the longer you hold, the bigger the object.
It's pretty easy to narrow down.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Right, of course.

Which I can and will happily counter with "solid reasoning" of its own.

Let's not get into this.

It doesn't solve anything, and it just serves to aggravate the other nice people in the thread, okay? :3
:rolleyes: Sure. Some of the characters I listed its pretty obvious why they arent important, I doubt a sound argument could be made for how worthy they are as an All Star.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
If it had to be narrowed, use the stuff he uses in the Scribblenauts promotion art, like the flying bathtub and his pencil.
Use his side-special for summoning monsters, the longer you hold, the bigger the creature.
Use the down-special to create objects (which you can carry as an item), the longer you hold, the bigger the object.
Hmm I gave this a thought and I think his 4 specials can be 4 different things. For example his side smash could be a T-Rex(random thing) and the longer you hold down the more time Maxwell has to write. You could hold the button down for 1 second and get a T-Rex or 2 seconds and get a giant T-Rex. Maybe with 5 seconds you could get a Colossal Telekinetic Fire-breathing T-Rex.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
:rolleyes: Sure. Some of the characters I listed its pretty obvious why they arent important, I doubt a sound argument could be made for how worthy they are as an All Star.
A roster consisting of nothing but "all-stars" would be awful.

If that's what you want to support, by all means do, but don't try and convince others that your "all-star" game is necessarily better than the one we have now because of "muh logics" and "muh reasons".

And anyway, if it's so obvious to you and you're convinced that your rationale is innately superior to mine, why are you even getting your hackles raised?

Seems like you're trying to defend a lost cause for its own sake.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
A roster consisting of nothing but "all-stars" would be awful.

If that's what you want to support, by all means do, but don't try and convince others that your "all-star" game is necessarily better than the one we have now because of "muh logics" and "muh reasons".

And anyway, if it's so obvious to you and you're convinced that your rationale is innately superior to mine, why are you even getting your hackles raised?

Seems like you're trying to defend a lost cause for its own sake.
My hackles arent raised, I just tend to defend my stance. Idk why a cast of only all stars would be bad. Instead of the lesser characters I listed other more worthy character could have been included in their place making for an overall better received roster. The less randoms the better.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Oh Oh, what if his Down B was a counter that gave the enemy a Random status effect like if it was giving them an adjective.

Also his final smash would have to be summoning Cthulhu, because why not.

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
1774 pages. Where was I? OverwhelmingIntensifies.gif
@____@ Plz tell me if anyone has suggested Polygon Team (Smash 64) here.

Also guys, Snake is already in, as secret Lore. Samus gave him a suit, so now he doesn't have to hide in the box anymore. Has to hide his face still.

Burruni

Smash Hero
My hackles arent raised, I just tend to defend my stance. Idk why a cast of only all stars would be bad. Instead of the lesser characters I listed other more worthy character could have been included in their place making for an overall better received roster. The less randoms the better.
Smash 64: "Duke it out as your favorite Nintendo characters!"
Melee: "Nintendo's best in 4-player action!"
Brawl: "Nintendo's worlds collide!"
I currently don't have access to the box taglines from the 3DS and WiiU boxarts because I got digital copies, but look at the messages listed. Their goal was never just for the most well selling series/games being represented. It was a cornucopia of Nintendo's history as one crossover crammed full of faces from all over Nintendo. "Lesser," "More worthy," "better-received," all of these are assumptions on how you feel it should be handled. But Nintendo's history isn't entirely star studded. :4fox:is a series that has never made the same kind of profit since the N64, which in terms of official releases was the second title. :4rob:is the toy that Nintendo tried to use to bring back the video game economy after the crash around the NES era. :4marth:Fire Emblem is a series that habitually had a fairly niche fanbase but never got massive sells or became a cult classic like :4ness:Earthbound. Before :4robinm:Awakening, the series was planned to stop after this 13th game. :4villager:'s a bad character because it's an avatar which is the actual protagonist in one of the most lax series in Nintendo's history instead of the walking plot device of a shop keep in your eyes and there are plenty who'd argue the opposite.

:4mario:The Famous :4duckhunt:The Infamous :4falcon:The Dead :4shulk:The New :popo::icsmelee:The Flops :4kirby:The Superstars

All of them are part of Nintendo and get bits and pieces of the company's tapestry as the Smash family.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Note when I say all star it doesn't mean always insanely well known, some characters are simply iconic to their franchise and consist of good games aka FE's case. (I'll reply more later on my way back to college)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Would kinda wish the series embraced more the feel of "All Nintendo coming together" within the characters and their interaction. Instead these things being a "Lol :4roy: is in this game already" or "Chrom is a loser for not being a fighter in Sm4sh", and "See guys, I told you that Ridley's too big, you all are ******s!" or "Clone Haters are just children" and other salty BS that the fandom and even Sakurai has kinda been doing as some "theme" for the series' popularity and crossover gathering right now.

It seems to embrace the idea of value by the role of characters appearing in the series (or shortly, Playable Characters > Nintendo's Best. Rest > Nobodies or Niche or Uninspired Losers. Also fans of cut characters aren't entirely safe for being yanked around unless they come back as DLC, as evidenced by :roypm:). Also fans aren't allowed to criticize Sakurai at all.

Mostly it seems to be for comedy, but I think along with competitive divisions and whatnot, this game series isn't feeling entirely "happy" or "festive" anymore, despite it's high production values on it's celebration.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Would kinda wish the series embraced more the feel of "All Nintendo coming together" within the characters and their interaction. Instead these things being a "Lol :4roy: is in this game already" or "Chrom is a loser for not being a fighter in Sm4sh", and "See guys, I told you that Ridley's too big, you all are ******s!" or "Clone Haters are just children" and other salty BS that the fandom and even Sakurai has kinda been doing as some "theme" for the series' popularity and crossover gathering right now.

It seems to embrace the idea of value by the role of characters appearing in the series (or shortly, Playable Characters > Nintendo's Best. Rest > Nobodies or Niche or Uninspired Losers. Also fans of cut characters aren't entirely safe for being yanked around unless they come back as DLC, as evidenced by :roypm:). Also fans aren't allowed to criticize Sakurai at all.

Mostly it seems to be for comedy, but I think along with competitive divisions and whatnot, this game series isn't feeling entirely "happy" or "festive" anymore, despite it's high production values on it's celebration.
I think the problem lies in the fandom itself and people taking the game too seriously. A lot of people want the game to be what they expect, rather than giving the benefit of doubt and having an open mind.

Of course not all characters will make it in. Of course some characters will be relegated to NPC roles. Guess what? Happens in every single crossover title.

People should be aware of that and not take things for granted.

Sakurai is a troll, but he's a troll because the fanbase will take the bait and he knows it. He's far from being the only creator to do that sort of thing.

I defend that he's made questionable decisions before and is worthy of both positive and negative criticism. The man isn't perfect, and neither is any one of us.

I still buy and like Smash for its crossover aspect. It's what makes the series what it is, along with the unique, chaotic gameplay.

I remember when I first found out about Melee online. I was 10 years old. A game with Mario and Pikachu fighting each other? I really dug the idea and it introduced me to a lot of Nintendo series.

No other series allows pitting Bowser, Charizard, Link and Samus against each other.

The wait for Brawl was one of my most fondly remembered moments of my life. The Dojo updates, the new characters, the new stages... It was truly something special.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I think the problem lies in the fandom itself and people taking the game too seriously. A lot of people want the game to be what they expect, rather than giving the benefit of doubt and having an open mind.

Of course not all characters will make it in. Of course some characters will be relegated to NPC roles. Guess what? Happens in every single crossover title.

People should be aware of that and not take things for granted.

Sakurai is a troll, but he's a troll because the fanbase will take the bait and he knows it. He's far from being the only creator to do that sort of thing.

I defend that he's made questionable decisions before and is worthy of both positive and negative criticism. The man isn't perfect, and neither is any one of us.

I still buy and like Smash for its crossover aspect. It's what makes the series what it is, along with the unique, chaotic gameplay.

I remember when I first found out about Melee online. I was 10 years old. A game with Mario and Pikachu fighting each other? I really dug the idea and it introduced me to a lot of Nintendo series.

No other series allows pitting Bowser, Charizard, Link and Samus against each other.

The wait for Brawl was one of my most fondly remembered moments of my life. The Dojo updates, the new characters, the new stages... It was truly something special.
Yeah, I'm not denying that. It's still that amazing celebratory.

As of now though, this kind of feel has been deterred with the fandom being as of today quite rabid and divisive (at least character-wise) and Sakurai's trolling sort of making it even more off-the-walls. Smash is more of a comedic thing the internet makes it than the game it is. Sorta left a bitter and cringing taste in my mouth as of today because I've grown from that "phase", and has me be bit sad due not being able to get more out of the series in much deeper level with most of the fans.

Last edited:
I want around for brawl but i was for smahs 4 man my opinions were different a few months ago

I have never been this excited for a game to come out in all my life and all of they hype was great and am usually an.anti dlc guy (fallout 3 is pretty much the exception). every potd or direct was amazing and smash and the 3ds changed me from a sony fan to a nintendo fan real fast. I need all the nintendo news i can get.

But the community is ravenous and filled with either people who werent satisfied by a well done game because they didnt get their character (s). Im a little biased because over half the characters i wanted got in but its clear that the smash community will probably never be satisfied. It doesnt help opinions cant be respected anywhere. Its not even possible to make everyone happy anyway with some characters being hated and some characters NEEDING to be assist trophies so the item can exist.

Although i will say smashboards is probably the best place to talk smash though. So thats nice i guess.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Something that I believe is true, is that people have a choice to be offended by something.

If you're going to be offended that somebody disagrees with you on a character choice, you have two choices...Agree to disagree, or be miserable and ruin it for everybody. I tend to think that in Smash speculation (and in society nowadays) people decide that it's highly offensive that somebody would think differently than them, or that you're this or that for not supporting X character.

I love Smash Bros. I have since I was a little kid in Elementary school. I drew pictures of Mario and Yoshi and Pikachu. They were fighting on the Castle Sky Stage from 64. I sat for hours and played Melee...by myself. I love this series. But sometimes the fans are complete assholes. On both sides.

Sorry, but it's true. I enjoy speculation. I like talking about prospective characters. I like seeing imagination. What I DON'T like seeing, is when people come up with ideas that are just not as likely as they claim they are, get offended when people disagree, and then say, "You can't say that! That offends me!" Yeah? Do you think everybody cares that you're offended? Over a video game? Good luck with that.

I got over the fact that Snake got cut. I'd like to see him come back. I rally for his return, I run the Snake4Smash4 Twitter account. There are plenty of people who come out of the woodwork and tell me Snake is "stupid" or "not Nintendo!" or this or that. Do I cry and get offended? No. I defend my beliefs on Snake, and if the other person is an intellectual with their thought processes, I agree to disagree.

Honestly. It's a video game. It's a game that brings everybody's favorite characters together. So because of that, let's ACT that way. If you don't like somebody's idea for a character, just say you're not entirely sure that you agree with it. But if you're on the flip side of the coin and someone is rude to you, don't let them offend you.

You decide what offends you and what doesn't. Especially when it comes to Smash Bros. We all love the game. Let's act that way. Please?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah, I'm not denying that. It's still that amazing celebratory.

As of now though, this kind of feel has been deterred with the fandom being as of today quite rabid and divisive (at least character-wise) and Sakurai's trolling sort of making it even more off-the-walls. Smash is more of a comedic thing the internet makes it than the game it is. Sorta left a bitter and cringing taste in my mouth as of today because I've grown from that "phase", and has me be bit sad due not being able to get more out of the series in much deeper level with most of the fans.
The Internet can be quite toxic and blur one's perception of the series.

Character speculation and debating can be interesting, but then there are the petty flame wars.

People talk about "deserving", "important" and whatnot, but all I see are thinly veiled biases.

I'd rather admit I want a character in Smash because I like the character than just coming with some convoluted excuse to make myself look better. I'd rather be honest with myself and the other people.

But I also realize that not always my desires will be fulfilled. So it's best to enjoy what I have rather than lamenting about whatever could have been and gaining nothing in the process.

I remember when I learned that in Brawl, Mewtwo, my favorite character in Melee, was cut. It was disappointing, I agree. None of my most wanted characters had made into the game either. But damn if I didn't enjoy the hell out of that game. It had loads of new characters, new stages and a ton of new features to try out.

Would I throw away all those two years of waiting just because everything that I wanted didn't get in?

Of course, things went a little better this time, as I actually got some of my wanted characters. And I will also admit that the game still has some flaws and questionable decisions made.

Regardless, it's still a fun game that once again shows exactly why I like the Smash series in the first place.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Something that I believe is true, is that people have a choice to be offended by something.

If you're going to be offended that somebody disagrees with you on a character choice, you have two choices...Agree to disagree, or be miserable and ruin it for everybody. I tend to think that in Smash speculation (and in society nowadays) people decide that it's highly offensive that somebody would think differently than them, or that you're this or that for not supporting X character.

I love Smash Bros. I have since I was a little kid in Elementary school. I drew pictures of Mario and Yoshi and Pikachu. They were fighting on the Castle Sky Stage from 64. I sat for hours and played Melee...by myself. I love this series. But sometimes the fans are complete *******s. On both sides.

Sorry, but it's true. I enjoy speculation. I like talking about prospective characters. I like seeing imagination. What I DON'T like seeing, is when people come up with ideas that are just not as likely as they claim they are, get offended when people disagree, and then say, "You can't say that! That offends me!" Yeah? Do you think everybody cares that you're offended? Over a video game? Good luck with that.

I got over the fact that Snake got cut. I'd like to see him come back. I rally for his return, I run the Snake4Smash4 Twitter account. There are plenty of people who come out of the woodwork and tell me Snake is "stupid" or "not Nintendo!" or this or that. Do I cry and get offended? No. I defend my beliefs on Snake, and if the other person is an intellectual with their thought processes, I agree to disagree.

Honestly. It's a video game. It's a game that brings everybody's favorite characters together. So because of that, let's ACT that way. If you don't like somebody's idea for a character, just say you're not entirely sure that you agree with it. But if you're on the flip side of the coin and someone is rude to you, don't let them offend you.

You decide what offends you and what doesn't. Especially when it comes to Smash Bros. We all love the game. Let's act that way. Please?
hum....I feel I should add my own experience here.

When I joined this site, I actually was and that might have been the case for many of you, quite shy to talk. Smash speculation is honestly vast, i had to read tons of interviews and posts to see how it worked. But even after I got it, I all this time wanted Paper Mario for smash and I saw so much nothing around him that I actually began to lie to myself here. I almost wanted to hide that I wanted him because I was scary to not be taken seriously....it took a really long time before talking to the support thread and it was honestly like me spitting my hidden opinion.

It again took a really long time to argue about him....i actually didn't do much because it made me more worried and I realised that anyway, I should stay at the thread, btw, this is more solved today as i can finalyl get to the end of an argument now (it honestly was a problem before and that had to do with both the speculation state and me actually not fully getting the point I wanted to say).

That just to show how ironic it is today to be so vocal but that that teaches me something: just say what you think if you think it was long thought of despite the others. I actually really grew tired of some arguments and I simply chose to let them passed (but it actually got worse at one point to be almost upset).

And this is how I realised I just enjoy to be in the minority :)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I welcome diverse characters and new series in Smash. There's nothing wrong with that, despite what vocal users may say to the contrary. That being said, on some level, you all seem to find validity in the principles they support.

No one is sitting here suggesting Lady Bow or Darunia or a Klump/Krusha duo, regardless of how cool they might be, and very few of you think the random indies whose developers are jumping on the DLC hype train have a chance at all. This is because you recognize that the game isn't MUGEN, it's Smash Bros., which was made on the premise of featuring high-profile Nintendo characters. There are playable characters who don't follow that guideline exactly, but they're moreso exceptions than the rule.

Naturally, this far into the game's cycle, you have to be more liberal in defining "high-profile," but the point still stands...you have to at least justify why this character merits going toe to toe with Mario, Link and DK, rather than the tens of thousands of others in the candidate pool. More often than not, why they're a major character in some fashion is one of those justifications.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I mean what I think isnt fact it just can be backed up by solid reasoning to explain why a character is super important to a series, important to represent history, or just a plain long lasting popular character.
Wii Fit Trainer deserves a spot more than a lot of other characters that are in the game. Like Game & Watch, ROB, and Duck Hunt, she is a hardware representative (balance board) that represents a very important chapter in Nintendo's history. She debuted in 2007 and had appeared in three games before Smash 4 launched, so you can't even say that she it too recent or has not been in enough games. The Wii Fit franchise sold 55 million units, making it a top 5 Smash series in terms of sales, and single handily started the video game fitness craze. Nintendo was it it's most profitable EVER when those games were at their peak, yet she is somehow not deserving of a spot? Why, because "real gamers" (whatever that means) don't like the franchise? Get out of here with your bias.

The other problem is Bomberman hasn't had a game in years and Konami seems to want nothing to do with the franchise.
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/07/bomberman-makes-return-multiplayer-title-smartphone/

Not entirely true. (Still sad, though.)

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Wii Fit Trainer deserves a spot more than a lot of other characters that are in the game. Like Game & Watch, ROB, and Duck Hunt, she is a hardware representative (balance board) that represents a very important chapter in Nintendo's history. She debuted in 2007 and had appeared in three games before Smash 4 launched, so you can't even say that she it too recent or has not been in enough games. The Wii Fit franchise sold 55 million units, making it a top 5 Smash series in terms of sales, and single handily started the video game fitness craze. Nintendo was it it's most profitable EVER when those games were at their peak, yet she is somehow not deserving of a spot? Why, because "real gamers" (whatever that means) don't like the franchise? Get out of here with your bias.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/07/bomberman-makes-return-multiplayer-title-smartphone/

Not entirely true. (Still sad, though.)
You could be right about Wii fit trainer being worthy, I just feel a stage might suffice since it really doesn't have any characters. I have mixed feelings on the matter.

D

Deleted member

Ultimately, how we view Nintendo All-Stars, who they are, or if there are any are very subjective. I could argue all day why Ridley, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, and Toad are All-Stars but it's just not worth it. It definitely doesn't mean anything for chances that's for sure. I would never in a million years call Inklings an All-Star but I acknowledge that they're probably coming in at some point as DLC.
3rd party standards are different from 1st party standards. Very different.

It goes without saying that a character from another company should bring star power. Certain characters do that, others do not.
Exactly. Opportunity costs for third-party characters are much higher than of that of first-party characters. You have to make your character a hit right away or it's not a good choice. This is why the four we did have made such great additions (I used to oppose Pac-Man but ended up really liking his move set anyway and respecting his addition) and why I see so few good third-party choices. The only ones I can think of are Snake, Bomberman, and Slime and only Snake could realistically get in (I think that if we get a third-party, it will be him). I hear Rayman a lot but I really don't see why he'd make such a special addition.
Some 3rd parties do have a level of star power, it’s just not comparable to larger icons like Pac-Man and Sonic. At the least, the 3rd party franchise should be a decently popular one like Bravely Default and Shovel Knight to be qualifiable, as Sakurai is likely not going to aim for obscure third-parties like Toejam and Earl, Goemon, and Marina Lightyears.
No to any Bravely Default or Indie characters. Characters like Shovel Knight, Shantae, and Quote are a drop in the buck in comparison to video game legends that have already made at least one Smash game. One of the last things I would want to see in a Smash game is for third-parties to be added willy-nilly; it might as well not be a celebration of Nintendo characters anymore.
Don't we have enough third party characters with "Man" in the second half of their name?
:facepalm:

This is even worse than people who think Roy won't get in because Roy Koopa is an alt costume and oh noez people will get so confused if Roy from Fire Emblem gets added.
All things equal, Bomberman > Snake. Snake's veteran status gives him priority, though, and Bomberman is more of a Hudsonsoft representative anyway. Snake (or Simon Belmont) make more sense to represent Konami itself.

Still -

I usually don't want a third-party company having two characters, but Konami is the one exception I will make because both Snake and Bomberman are iconic characters in different ways and like you, I think Bomberman as more of a Hudson Soft representative anyway.

Which reminds me, had Hudson Soft not died, I honestly think Bomberman would have been a plausible DLC character for this game now that Mega Man is in. Sadly, this is not the world we live in, but I guess you can't have everything you want.
Thankfully, certain people here aren't in charge of picking characters for the Smash roster...
Agreed. I'm more critical about the roster than most people and I'd be lying if I said I'm suspect of Nintendo's intention towards planning DLC alongside Smash, but even I have to get a laugh out of those who think Sakurai is an xenophobe who only appeals to casuals and the animu crowd.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I want around for brawl but i was for smahs 4 man my opinions were different a few months ago

I have never been this excited for a game to come out in all my life and all of they hype was great and am usually an.anti dlc guy (fallout 3 is pretty much the exception). every potd or direct was amazing and smash and the 3ds changed me from a sony fan to a nintendo fan real fast. I need all the nintendo news i can get.

But the community is ravenous and filled with either people who werent satisfied by a well done game because they didnt get their character (s). Im a little biased because over half the characters i wanted got in but its clear that the smash community will probably never be satisfied. It doesnt help opinions cant be respected anywhere. Its not even possible to make everyone happy anyway with some characters being hated and some characters NEEDING to be assist trophies so the item can exist.

Although i will say smashboards is probably the best place to talk smash though. So thats nice i guess.
I don't think anyone will be satisfied until Shrek or other troll characters get in the game. Not that they ever will in a million years.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Hey guys, it's trivia time:

Do you know what company published the first third party game on Nintendo hardware?

Hudson Soft with Binary Land!

#VoteBomber

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Hey guys, it's trivia time:

Do you know the name of a bankrupt company?

Hudson Soft!

Press 1 if you feel sad for Bombermqn
I posted this in the actual Bomberman support thread:

^ This is the game that Hudson Soft was developing when they were bought out. Konami cancelled the game soon after.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
No to any Bravely Default or Indie characters. Characters like Shovel Knight, Shantae, and Quote are a drop in the buck in comparison to video game legends that have already made at least one Smash game. One of the last things I would want to see in a Smash game is for third-parties to be added willy-nilly; it might as well not be a celebration of Nintendo characters anymore.
That's not going to happen, because Sakurai can only do a relatively small amount of characters for DLC anyway.
So you might as well take the opportunity to give other third parties a chance.

Last edited:

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Can we get a list of newcomers Sakurai could put in without needing to add a new stage with them? I'm talking about newcomers who's franchises are already in the game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Can we get a list of newcomers Sakurai could put in without needing to add a new stage with them? I'm talking about newcomers who's franchises are already in the game.
We could have Ridl-oh wait. NPC. How about Dark Sam...Actually, WHY isn't Dark Samus playable? She's the third most important character and as Sakurai hates Ridley, why not?

MainJPW

M.T.A
We could have Ridl-oh wait. NPC. How about Dark Sam...Actually, WHY isn't Dark Samus playable? She's the third most important character and as Sakurai hates Ridley, why not?
Because apparently Sakurai thought she was assist trophy material rather than playable fighter material.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
That's a good question...
King K. Rool
Krystal
Captain Toad (Just throwing that one there for now)
Impa
Those are just ones from the top of my head.
The Metroid comments above remind me - Sylux

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom