• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
I said what?

When the hell did I say that?

Deal is. I wasn't even debating Banjo. Dunno how we got on that.

I simply said Rayman ain't happening, and in the process pissed off a lot of butthurt fanboys.

Yeah, but here's the thing:
I wasn't mentioning you specifically. I was talking about how I believe @ Wintropy Wintropy and @ Wolfie557 Wolfie557 were right in saying that Banjo has a slim chance.

Last edited:

20%- Snake
15%- Jibanyan, Professor Layton, Rayman, and Bayonetta
10%- Monster Hunter, Black Mage, Agnes Oblige, Geno, and Phoenix Wright
5%- Tails, Knuckles, Simon Belmont, Bomberman, Sora, and Quote
3%- Shovel Knight, Shantae, Gunvolt, and Commander Video
1%- Banjo-Kazooie

This one took a while but I'm finally done! ^^
What do you think?
Banjo shouldnt be below shovel knight imo. Geno should be lower by far. Bayonetta as well

Im just going to reiterate that banjo is a microsoft character and rayman isnt a sony character and anythung else is factually false.

And rayman is certainly a bjgger character in gaming than banjo is.

Calling people butthurt lol. How childish.

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023

20%- Snake
1%- Banjo-Kazooie

What do you think?
I think it's... ok. I would prefer Shantae and Shovel Knight a bit higher, but whatevs.

D

Deleted member

Warning Received
Using meme/4chan arrows and insulting people. Yeah that will get peopLe to agree with you

Plus those are retros. You would have to be ignorant to not understand that and the fact you would even bring up duck hunt makes me think you are trolling.

He isnt microsoft because i dont think hes microsoft.

Now youre just being silly.

In fact you are outright ignoring facts t this point and its barely worth the argument but i guess its fun enough to watch you continue
He's a Nintendo icon owned by Microsoft, is that really so hard to comprehend?

If DK had been acquired by M$ would you start saying he wasn't a Nintendo icon either? You're ********.

Duck Hunt is retro, correct.

But now, define "retro" for me. What is retro? For something to be considered vintage, it has to be at least 15 years old:
http://www.retrojunk.com/article/show/3675/what-makes-something-retro

By which definition, Banjo is retro in today's world. Congratulations.

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you expect BluePikmin is going to acknowledge popularity, you're crazier than he is.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

If DK had been acquired by M$ would you start saying he wasn't a Nintendo icon either? You're ********.

But now, define "retro" for me. What is retro? For something to be considered vintage, it has to be at least 15 years old:

Retro characters in Smash: Owned by Nintendo
Banjo: Though most well known appearances on Nintendo systems, not owned by Nintendo

Did you honestly just call me ********? Jesus christ this isnt worth the effort you're clearly having a very bad day

If you expect BluePikmin is going to acknowledge popularity, you're crazier than he is.
And yet bayonetta is magically near the top

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

20%- Snake
1%- Banjo-Kazooie

What do you think?
Capcom has gone on record to say that they NEVER wanna see the Hunter from Monster Hunter to ever show up on ANY crossover of any sort, as it defeats the purpose of being able to customize your avatar. This is why MH got no love for MvC. And I'm a huge MH lemme tell ya.

Also, if Bravely Default ever gets any love, Tizz has a better shot of being in considering his more prominent role in 2nd. Though Edea and Ringabell are far better choices than either two.

Lastly, Indy characters have NO chance. Shantae maybe, and that's it.

And putting Banjo below Sora and Quote is just trolling.

D

Deleted member

You posted an image which said that at the bottom left. Twice. I even called you out the first time
Congratulations, someone said it in an image I posted.

Not me.

Way to incorrectly frame someone for something they did not do.

However, considering how misguided people's opinions ITT are, I'm not surprised. :p

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Never heard of them. I do like cats, though (or what I presume is a cat).

Do tell~ :3
I don't have much knowledge (He's based on a cat), but he's basically the icon for that franchise and a fire-type Yokai. (the equality of Pokemon, except they are spirits)
I think this video can help you understand what the games are all about.
It's a pretty cool concept:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Capcom has gone on record to say that they NEVER wanna see the Hunter from Monster Hunter to ever show up on ANY crossover of any sort, as it defeats the purpose of being able to customize your avatar. This is why MH got no love for MvC. And I'm a huge MH lemme tell ya.

Also, if Bravely Default ever gets any love, Tizz has a better shot of being in considering his more prominent role in 2nd. Though Edea and Ringabell are far better choices than either two.

And putting Banjo below Sora and Quote is just trolling.
Capcom said they didn't see any Mega Man fans at E3 2014
Quote is from one of the most famous indie games, I wouldn't consider that trolling you sad sod

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Capcom said they didn't see any Mega Man fans at E3 2014
Quote is from one of the most famous indie games, I wouldn't consider that trolling you sad sod
Do you genuinely believe that the Hunter is ever gonna show up in Smash?

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
@ManlySpirit I spent my last ten or so posts arguing why Banjo isn't impossible (Which he isn't, and people are naive and stupid to think he is) but arguing Rayman is LESS likely then him is lunacy.

Granted, I'm biased, Rayman is my childhood and I've never even played a Banjo game, but Rayman is owned by Ubisoft, a company that has put more games on the Wii U then the other represented third party companies COMBINED. Rayman is older then Banjo, his games have sold much, more then Banjo's. Rayman's had many more games on Nintendo consoles then Banjo has. Banjo is owned by Microsoft, and while it is possible that Nintendo and Microsoft could make a deal for his inclusion, making a deal with Ubisoft for Rayman would probably be both simpler and easier, especially considering that Rayman already has content in Smash.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Let's just get Wolf, K. Rool and Isaac and call it a ****ing day.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Do you genuinely believe that the Hunter is ever gonna show up in Smash?
I honestly couldn't give a **** about Monster Hunter, not to mention the crossover argument might be considered invalid with the DMC, Metroid, Mario and Sonic outfits
Congratulations, someone said it in an image I posted.

Not me.

Way to incorrectly frame someone for something they did not do.

However, considering how misguided people's opinions ITT are, I'm not surprised. :p
You don't even look at everything in an image you post? You are officially worthy of TehEpicIgnoreList

Spirst

And so another internet argument ensues. There's no need for name-calling like "********" and "stupid" in replies. All it does is weaken the overall post and incite more anger. @ManlySpirit You could definitely use less hostility in your replies as you can see the reception to it is very negative in turn. Anyone continuing to argue in this way will be given infractions since it's just dumb at this point.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't have much knowledge (He's based on a cat), but he's basically the icon for that franchise and a fire-type Yokai. (the equality of Pokemon, except they are spirits)
I think this video can help you understand what the games are all about.
It's a pretty cool concept:
Youkai are actually a concept from Japanese mythology, being supernatural creatures with legends tied to them.

In fact, some Pokémon are based on Youkai!

Though Youkai Watch is more centered on Youkai, obviously.

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Speaking of indies, isn't Shovel Knight the highest voted character on the Sm4sh Poll next to King K. Rool?
Just saying.
And so another internet argument ensues. There's no need for name-calling like "********" and "stupid" in replies. All it does is weaken the overall post and incite more anger. @ManlySpirit You could definitely use less hostility in your replies as you can see the reception to it is very negative in turn. Anyone continuing to argue in this way will be given infractions since it's just dumb at this point.
You are 100% right. This is why I'm not calling everyone ******** or stupid. It makes you seem really angry, when you're probably not. I'm being super calm right now, as with most arguments. You should take some notes from this guy @ManlySpirit.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Let's just get Wolf, K. Rool and Isaac and call it a ****ing day.
It would be perfect to me if it was Wolf, K Rool, and two of: Medusa, Impa, Inkling or Waddle Dee. (and if 3rd parties included, Bayonetta or Rayman.)

#priorities.

D

Deleted member

@ManlySpirit I spent my last ten or so posts arguing why Banjo isn't impossible (Which he isn't, and people are naive to think he is) but arguing Rayman is LESS likely then him is lunacy.

Granted, I'm biased, Rayman is my childhood and I've never even played a Banjo game, but Rayman is owned by Ubisoft, a company that has put more games on the Wii U then the other represented third party companies COMBINED. Rayman is older then Banjo, his games have sold much, more then Banjo's. Rayman's had many more games on Nintendo consoles then Banjo has. Banjo is owned by Microsoft, and while it is possible that Nintendo and Microsoft could make a deal for his inclusion, making a deal with Ubisoft for Rayman would probably be both simpler and easier, especially considering that Rayman already has content in Smash.
You know, for being the only person to give me a reasonable reply, I won't sit around and troll like I have with others.

Dude, I have to disagree. Call it bias as well, but unlike Banjo, Rayman is not a Nintendo icon, at all. Unlike the other 3rd parties (barring Snake who was merely a favor), he hardly has any history with Nintendo. Simply put, he doesn't deserve the spot as much as what is essentially the face of the N64 and Rare, who was Nintendo's partner during the Golden Era.

Now if we look at how the 3rd parties were selected, Snake was a favor, Pac-Man happened due to Namco's involvement, and cause Miyamotto demanded it. And MegaMan and Sonic happened due to fan demand. Yes, both are important, but fan demand played a key role in that.

Thus, the only way Rayman gets in at this point, especially keeping in mind that he was apparently already considered by Sakurai, is by fan demand. In which, he falls short to Banjo in pretty much every survey. Every survey I've come across, Banjo is the most popular guest character, even more than Snake the veteran. Thus, to say that Rayman is more likely than Banjo, is in my opinion incorrect. I personally feel that out of the guest characters, Banjo has the best shot. This doesn't mean that Rayman doesn't have a shot, if the demand kicks up, he does, but as it stands now, he doesn't seem to garner the necessary support compared to other popular requests.

Simple number say, Banjo usually lands in the top 3 overall. Rayman barely makes the top 15 in most polls.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm planning to get Yokai Watch soon, its roulette-wheel RPG gameplay and the concept of finding spirits is something I'd like to buy.
I feel that you might enjoy the game better if you learn about youkai in the context of Japanese mythology.

Which is why I think the game won't be as successful in the West as it is in Japan. Though the gameplay itself is bound to attract people.

And don't count on a character from the series appearing in Smash either. The series has just started in the West, which isn't good when it comes to Smash.

HA! What's next, telling me the Super Mario Brothers are related?
Hence, why I said "obviously"... >_>

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Who the hell said that only the number one request had a shot of getting in anyway?

I swear, if Banjo and Rayman get in I'd just about die of laughter if I wouldn't be crying from such a life fulfilling moment.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
And here I am, thinking that neither Banjo and Rayman will be in the game. I hardly see any third-parties getting in. Even Snake, a veteran, isn't that likely.

But that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom