• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am 100% only focussed on voting on King K.Rool, Isaac and Impa.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
what do you think about Magolor from the kirby series and Marshal from Rhythm Heaven Fever?

Magolor would be really interesting moveset thanks he is a Energy- Magic- Portal based wizard. so if he plays with portals could be something really interesting ingame! that kind of character in smash that has that extra and special

Marshal could have rhythm based attacks which would be really nice to have!
This is why i'm not in the Meowth support thread. Team Rocket's Meowth = Do not want. However, I do want the regular Meowth, and I do think he should be n the game.
I support any kind of Meowth to be playable, but I dont think a normal meowth would make the cut thanks to not interested enough.
the way I see is that if they have Team Rocket's Meowth, they can add even more original and unqice ideas! like "Dig a trap" that grounds people if anyone walks over it, "Bombs", "Rockets" and etc.
its almost the same treatment as Bowser Jr got, that instead for being a small squirtle/Bowser Clone he is a Mechinal user. Meowth could be the same

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I heard some talk about Takamaru?

Here's a moveset I made.
It makes Takamaru like his game. A more agressive and more technical version of Link.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General Info:

All of Takamaru's projectiles are affected by gravity and can hurt Takamaru himself too.
Luckily, his sword can reflect his own projectiles.

Kunai: Fast, low damage, affected by gravity (Heavier needle)
Pinwheel: As fast as Kunai, deals multiple hits, goes longer than Kunai
Fireball: Very slow and very powerful.
Smoke Bomb: Very quick, small knockback.

NeutralB: Shogi Shuffle

Takamaru shuffles through his Shogi pieces.
Shuffling changes the trajectory of all projectiles in Takamaru's moveset.
Takamaru gains a bit of Super Armour when shuffling.

Rock: Projectiles go in all four directions.
Bishop: All projectiles fly to the left, right and ahead of Takamaru.
King: All projectiles go in a straight line.

NeutralB2: Shuffle Strike
Takamaru can use a quick, hard-hitting sword strike while shuffling, but the shuffling is slower

NeutralB3: Swift Shuffle
Takamaru shuffles faster, but the Super Armor is gone.

SideB: Pyrokinesis
This special changes every projectile of his moveset in a Fireball for a short time, dealing big knockback but traveling incredibly slow.
Watch out!
Can't be spammed.

SideB2: Crossbow
Every projectile is shot from a crossbow and go 1.5x faster. They are weaker though.

SideB3: Windmill
Every projectile changes in a pinwheel. Has more range, but is slower.

UpB: Hover Sandals
Takamaru puts on his magic sandals and runs diagonally up.

UpB2: Samurai Jump
Takamaru puts on his sandals and jumps in the air.

UpB3: Sandal Strike
Takamaru puts on his sandals and slashes around, but doesn't run as far.

DownB: Invisibility Cloak
Takamaru becomes invisible for a short time, but he doesn't jump as high.
Can't attack or shuffle while invisible.

DownB2: Short-Time Cloak
The cloak lasts shorter, but your jump isn't limited.

DownB3: Cloak Counter
Attack while invisible!
This attack lasts the shortest, but you end with a strike!

Final Smash: Samurai Night
The screen turns dark and after Takamaru puts on his Invincibility Helmet, you can control him normally again.
Only Takamaru's projectiles are visible, the rest is covered in the night.

Normals:
Jab: Rapid Jab his AT does.
FTilt: Takamaru jumps up and throws pinwheels.
UTilt: Takes out the sword and points his sword in the air in front of him and sheats his sword. (Like that Link Taunt but better)
DTilt: Takes out his sword and pushes the side into the ground.
Dash Attack: Throws 3 Kunai up.

Aerials:
Nair: Takamaru throws 4 smoke bombs that surround opponents with smoke for a second. Takamaru throws them all forward with King equipped.
Fair: Overhead slice
Bair: A quick strike with the side of the sword
UAir: Throws 4 Kunai upwards.
Dair: Sets his feet on lightning. No movement attached, so surprise opponents

Smashes:
FSmash: Summons three fireballs and strikes them with a sword. Both parts deal knockback
USmash: Throws four lightning bombs that paralyze opponents.
DSmash: Basically a double Pika thunder on both sides.

Grabs and Throws
Pummel: Throws tiny smoke bombs
FThrow: Dissapears quickly and then strikes with his sword
DThrow: Sets the ground on fire
UThrow: Throws the opponent up, jumps, and throws pinwheels
BThrow: Marth's Iaido Counter

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This can't be. There's only like 5 people on the Saki thread :/
There's a slight chance that he might ignore it because of the small amount of supports, because he did not really huge support in comparison to Takamaru (Who got overhyped a few days before being deconfirmed and was one of the 50 people in the pre-development planning process that was recently mentioned). So in a way, several of us will have to gain some traction elsewhere instead of here, even if its going as far as using Miiverse or *shudders* Gamefaqs. 4Chan is an obvious no since that place is always a salt mine.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Magolor and Marshal. Yes! Team Rocket's Meowth? No. Pokémon don't need to be of a certain faction to be unique.

Here is my Marshal move set. The rhythm mechanic isn't very prominent, but it's there.
Neutral Attack: Takes out a samurai sword and slashes slice with it, or slashes once, then slices repeatedly with the sword. (From Samurai Slice in Rhythm Heaven fever)
Dash Attack: Rolls into a ball, then leaps upward. You will keep running. (From Night Walk in Rhythm Heaven Fever)
Forward Tilt: Marshal will inflate and punch the opponent. “Jab” is heard (From Figure Fighter in Rhythm Heaven Fever)
Up Tilt: Claps overhead (From Clappy Trio)
Down Tilt: Pecks the ground three times. “Peck your Beak” is heard. Pressing A when the sound que says something makes the attack do more damage. (From Blue Birds in Rhythm Heaven)
Forward Smash: Flicks a board. (From Built to Scale in Rhythm Tendoku)
Up Smash: Sings. “Together now” is heard. If you stop charging right after the phrase “Together now” you will do more damage than when you charge it the whole way (From Glee Club in Rhythm Heaven Ds)
Down Smash: Turns into a seal, and rolls around four to ten times. “4-10 Flipper rolls” is heard. While you roll you will also hear bad counting the last two counts will be grunts of confusion. Like this “10 Flipper rolls! 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, uh, uh good job”. If you press A in tandem with the counting you will do much more damage. (From Flipper Flop in Rhythm Heaven Fever)
Neutral Arial: Pulls out a device that attacks opponents on all sides with forks
Forward Arial: Rhythmically smacks the opponent with sticks (From Drummer Duel in Rhythm Heaven)
Back Arial: Shakes a beaker behind him. Hearts come out of the beaker. (From Love Lab in Rhythm Heaven)
Up Arial: Slashes overhead with a dagger (From Dog Ninja in Rhythm Heaven)
Down Arial: Taps downward. You will hear “And dum dum dum dum tap tap tap!” Pressing A to the beat will result in more damage (From Tap Troupe in Rhythm Heaven Fever)
Grab: Becomes surprised as Barista grabs the opponent
Pummel: Smacks the opponents head. Does more damage if you do in at the right time.
Forward Throw: Jumps over a metronome (From Mr. Upbeat in Rhythm Heaven Tendoku)
Backward Throw: Strikes an odd pose (From Lockstep in Rhythm Heaven)
Up Throw: Throws the opponent upward. “Scratch-o” is heard. (From DJ School
Down Throw: A pump fills the oponent with too much oil, and the opponent explodes. (From Fillbots in Rhythm Heaven)
Neutral Special-Double Date: Kicks a Soccer ball, Basket Ball, or a Foot Ball. Soccer Balls are faster but only bounce once, and travel low to the ground. Basket Balls are medium speed, and bounce higher, as well as twice. Foot Balls bounce three times at varying speeds and directions (Depending on how they bounce).
Custom 1-Basket Ball: Only uses Basket balls
Custom 2-Kick: Does not use any balls, and instead is a slow kick.
Side Special-Micro-row: A chime is heard and Marshal swims forward. Pressing B at the right time makes you go farther.
Custom 1-Multi-row: You can swim in more than one direction
Custom 2- Super-row: This deals damage, but does not travel as far.
Up Special-Splashdown: Jumps with a dolphin. When the dolphin flips, Marshal gets launched off.
Custom 1-Spinning Dolphin: Deals damage, but does not go as far.
Custom 2-Leaping Syncrette: Gets thrown upward for more hight, but is not launched forward by a dolphin.
Down Special-Big Rock Finish: “One, Two, Three!” is heard. The player must press B four times afterward to deal massive damage.
Custom 1-Blow the Roof: Has a pushing effect instead of damage
Custom 2-Rock: Strum’s the guitar once for small damage.
Final Smash-Air Rally: The cat in an airplane picks up a fighter, and you play badminton with him. If done successfully, this is an instant K.O.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
There's a slight chance that he might ignore it because of the small amount of supports, because he did not really huge support in comparison to Takamaru (Who got overhyped a few days before being deconfirmed and was one of the 50 people in the pre-development planning process that was recently mentioned). So in a way, several of us will have to gain some traction elsewhere instead of here, even if its going as far as using Miiverse or *shudders* Gamefaqs. 4Chan is an obvious no since that place is always a salt mine.
Frankly, there was a RTC round days before his deconfirmation.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Frankly, there was a RTC round days before his deconfirmation.
I almost forgot that one, they made another round in response to the announcement of The Mysterious Murasame Castle's localization at Comic-Con. That was when everyone was pretty excited until the day Sakurai when "LOL He's only meant to be an Assist Trophy". Then more salt was applied to the wound when he finally explained the reason behind it when talking with Sugita, lack of familiarity to the West (Which was probably before the localization and Nintendo Land's release). Those were the dark ages of speculation, my friend.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nah. Nothing is going to come of the indie campaigns.

Well... nothing in the sense of playability.

I could see Nintendo making a Quote costume for the gunner or something due to the demand, if there is enough of it.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Movesets eh? Here's my Takamaru moveset again enjoy

I made something for Portal Magolor. In 2014.
Here it is.

B: Crowned Portal:
Magolor sets down a portal. He can set down two max. Attacks that go into one portal come out the other.
Tap B and then push the control stick left or right to make the portal switche direction, so that attacks are redirected through the other side of the portals.

SideB: Lor Starcutter
The Starship rushes for a short distance. Especially dangerous when send into a portal.

UpB: Portal's Flash
Magolor is teleported to a portal he's closest to.

DownB: Portal's Storm
The Portal Magolor is the closest to sucks opponents in.

Final Smash: True form.
I know, transformation FS's are stupid, but it represents Magolor and Kirby villains in general pretty well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I heard some talk about Takamaru?

Here's a moveset I made.
It makes Takamaru like his game. A more agressive and more technical version of Link.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General Info:

All of Takamaru's projectiles are affected by gravity and can hurt Takamaru himself too.
Luckily, his sword can reflect his own projectiles.

Kunai: Fast, low damage, affected by gravity (Heavier needle)
Pinwheel: Same as AT
Fireball: Very slow and very powerful.
Smoke Bomb: Very quick, small knockback.

NeutralB: Shogi Shuffle

Takamaru shuffles through his Shogi pieces.
Shuffling changes the trajectory of all projectiles in Takamaru's moveset.
Takamaru gains a bit of Super Armour when shuffling.

Rock: Projectiles go in all four directions.
Bishop: All projectiles fly to the left, right and ahead of Takamaru.
King: All projectiles go in a straight line.

NeutralB2: Shuffle Strike
Takamaru can use a quick, hard-hitting sword strike while shuffling, but the shuffling is slower

NeutralB3: Swift Shuffle
Takamaru shuffles faster, but the Super Armor is gone.

SideB: Pyrokinesis
This special changes every projectile of his moveset in a Fireball for a short time, dealing big knockback but traveling incredibly slow.
Watch out!
Can't be spammed.

SideB2: Crossbow
Every projectile is shot from a crossbow and go 1.5x faster. They are weaker though.

SideB3: Windmill
Every projectile changes in a pinwheel. Has more range, but is slower.

UpB: Hover Sandals
Takamaru puts on his magic sandals and runs diagonally up.

UpB2: Samurai Jump
Takamaru puts on his sandals and jumps in the air.

UpB3: Sandal Strike
Takamaru puts on his sandals and slashes around, but doesn't run as far.

DownB: Invisibility Cloak
Takamaru becomes invisible for a short time, but he doesn't jump as high.
Can't attack or shuffle while invisible.

DownB2: Short-Time Cloak
The cloak lasts shorter, but your jump isn't limited.

DownB3: Cloak Counter
Attack while invisible!
This attack lasts the shortest, but you end with a strike!

Final Smash: Samurai Night
The screen turns dark and after Takamaru puts on his Invincibility Helmet, you can control him normally again.
Only Takamaru's projectiles are visible, the rest is covered in the night.

Normals:
Jab: Rapid Jab his AT does.
FTilt: Takamaru jumps up and throws pinwheels.
UTilt: Takes out the sword and points his sword in the air in front of him and sheats his sword. (Like that Link Taunt but better)
DTilt: Takes out his sword and pushes the side into the ground.
Dash Attack: Throws 3 Kunai up.

Aerials:
Nair: Takamaru throws 4 smoke bombs that surround opponents with smoke for a second. Takamaru throws them all forward with King equipped.
Fair: Overhead slice
Bair: A quick strike with the side of the sword
UAir: Throws 4 Kunai upwards.
Dair: Sets his feet on lightning. No movement attached, so surprise opponents

Smashes:
FSmash: Summons three fireballs and strikes them with a sword. Both parts deal knockback
USmash: Throws four lightning bombs that paralyze opponents.
DSmash: Basically a double Pika thunder on both sides.

Grabs and Throws
Pummel: Throws tiny smoke bombs
FThrow: Dissapears quickly and then strikes with his sword
DThrow: Sets the ground on fire
UThrow: Throws the opponent up, jumps, and throws pinwheels
BThrow: Marth's Iaido Counter
I heard that you were sharing this to other sites. That would be pretty nice since this is one of the more unique Takamaru movesets I've seen that takes advantage of his projectile heavy nature with minimal swordsmanship. While he may not be DLC in the end, but at least old Sak can finally realize that there is familiarity with the character in the West and consider him for a future Smash title.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I heard that you were sharing this to other sites. That would be pretty nice since this is one of the more unique Takamaru movesets I've seen that takes advantage of his projectile heavy nature with minimal swordsmanship. While he may not be DLC in the end, but at least old Sak can finally realize that there is familiarity with the character in the West and consider him for a future Smash title.
I can port this to Miiverse, yes.
I didn't aim for "minimal swordmanship" and more like "more projectiles"
This moveset tries to aim for cohesion between projectiles and sword strikes.

The Nair stuns the opponent a bit, so they can be slashed at for example
Kunai can be thrown up and be reflected when they come down.

@ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever , awesome Takamaru moveset. Makes me want to play Mysterious Murasame Castle. :3
Me too. I do not own the game. :3

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I don't know if anyone would care enough to want to discuss this, but I wonder what other non playable characters could have costumes based on them for the Miis. A Takamaru costume for Mii Swordfighter would be cool and so would an Isaac one, though let's just hope he becomes playable rather then being just a costume. What do you guys think they could do?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'll share my Takamaru moveset to if you guys want
Sure you can, gotta show the others what our totally unique swordsman is capable of.

I don't know if anyone would care enough to want to discuss this, but I wonder what other non playable characters could have costumes based on them for the Miis. A Takamaru costume for Mii Swordfighter would be cool and so would an Isaac one, though let's just hope he becomes playable rather then being just a costume. What do you guys think they could do?
I would get behind this, especially since we are having a cool Dunban outfit in the works. :3

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
here is my Special Moveset for Magolor and TR Meowth

Magolor:
B: Energy Sphere!
Chargeable- Storeable- Sphere that can be thrown. its a 2 hitter. first hit implodes itself and the second explodes itself (similiar how the Shieks Grenate and MechaKoopa works)

SideB: Portal Toss!
He is Tossing a portal forward which deals damage, however pressing B again makes Magolor teleport through the portal to get extra distance and deals more damage. if used in air, he will fall in helpless state after

UpB: Portal Escape!
He teleports quickly into a portal and appears somewhere else, similiar to Zelda, Shiek and Mewtwos UpB

DownB: Portal Create!
He creates a Portal there he stands, doing DownB again makes him teleport back to that Portal!
the portal itself doesnt deal damage, can be destroyed and only works for 30 secs and takes time to cast the teleport, cant however be pocketed.
However, if someone is near the portal when Magolor teleports to it, it will deal damage

Final Smash: True Form!
The true form to keep that "kirby boss" wibe xD

Meowth:
B: Team Rocket's Bazooka:
Fires a Bazooka which can be angled in some degree, but it isnt that fast but deals damage on hit. meowth however can get hurt by the rocket if it explodes close to him (excluding if it hits a opponent like how link bombs works)

SideB: Scratch them faces:
Meowth Jumps onto a enemy (like Diddy) and attach himself on them to scratch their faces, rapidly pressing B will deal the damage faster, but you cant jump from it until its done (like Warios Bite)

UpB: Jetpack:
similiar to how Robs UpB works, he can travel with it upwards, however it has short fuel and if the fuel goes out, he does heavy damage and falls into helpless state. can be aimed sorta like Lucarios

DownB: Trap Hole:
He takes a shovel and digs a trap! anyone that walks over it gets grounded! only one at the time can be made and they disappear after 30 sec

Final Smash: Meowth Party
He takes his guitar and has a his Meowth party from the Tech Demo for Gamecube/Pokemon Channel and from Melees Trophy

Magolor and Marshal. Yes! Team Rocket's Meowth? No. Pokémon don't need to be of a certain faction to be unique.

Here is my Marshal move set. The rhythm mechanic isn't very prominent, but it's there.
Neutral Attack: Takes out a samurai sword and slashes slice with it, or slashes once, then slices repeatedly with the sword. (From Samurai Slice in Rhythm Heaven fever)
Dash Attack: Rolls into a ball, then leaps upward. You will keep running. (From Night Walk in Rhythm Heaven Fever)
Forward Tilt: Marshal will inflate and punch the opponent. “Jab” is heard (From Figure Fighter in Rhythm Heaven Fever)
Up Tilt: Claps overhead (From Clappy Trio)
Down Tilt: Pecks the ground three times. “Peck your Beak” is heard. Pressing A when the sound que says something makes the attack do more damage. (From Blue Birds in Rhythm Heaven)
Forward Smash: Flicks a board. (From Built to Scale in Rhythm Tendoku)
Up Smash: Sings. “Together now” is heard. If you stop charging right after the phrase “Together now” you will do more damage than when you charge it the whole way (From Glee Club in Rhythm Heaven Ds)
Down Smash: Turns into a seal, and rolls around four to ten times. “4-10 Flipper rolls” is heard. While you roll you will also hear bad counting the last two counts will be grunts of confusion. Like this “10 Flipper rolls! 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, uh, uh good job”. If you press A in tandem with the counting you will do much more damage. (From Flipper Flop in Rhythm Heaven Fever)
Neutral Arial: Pulls out a device that attacks opponents on all sides with forks
Forward Arial: Rhythmically smacks the opponent with sticks (From Drummer Duel in Rhythm Heaven)
Back Arial: Shakes a beaker behind him. Hearts come out of the beaker. (From Love Lab in Rhythm Heaven)
Up Arial: Slashes overhead with a dagger (From Dog Ninja in Rhythm Heaven)
Down Arial: Taps downward. You will hear “And dum dum dum dum tap tap tap!” Pressing A to the beat will result in more damage (From Tap Troupe in Rhythm Heaven Fever)
Grab: Becomes surprised as Barista grabs the opponent
Pummel: Smacks the opponents head. Does more damage if you do in at the right time.
Forward Throw: Jumps over a metronome (From Mr. Upbeat in Rhythm Heaven Tendoku)
Backward Throw: Strikes an odd pose (From Lockstep in Rhythm Heaven)
Up Throw: Throws the opponent upward. “Scratch-o” is heard. (From DJ School
Down Throw: A pump fills the oponent with too much oil, and the opponent explodes. (From Fillbots in Rhythm Heaven)
Neutral Special-Double Date: Kicks a Soccer ball, Basket Ball, or a Foot Ball. Soccer Balls are faster but only bounce once, and travel low to the ground. Basket Balls are medium speed, and bounce higher, as well as twice. Foot Balls bounce three times at varying speeds and directions (Depending on how they bounce).
Custom 1-Basket Ball: Only uses Basket balls
Custom 2-Kick: Does not use any balls, and instead is a slow kick.
Side Special-Micro-row: A chime is heard and Marshal swims forward. Pressing B at the right time makes you go farther.
Custom 1-Multi-row: You can swim in more than one direction
Custom 2- Super-row: This deals damage, but does not travel as far.
Up Special-Splashdown: Jumps with a dolphin. When the dolphin flips, Marshal gets launched off.
Custom 1-Spinning Dolphin: Deals damage, but does not go as far.
Custom 2-Leaping Syncrette: Gets thrown upward for more hight, but is not launched forward by a dolphin.
Down Special-Big Rock Finish: “One, Two, Three!” is heard. The player must press B four times afterward to deal massive damage.
Custom 1-Blow the Roof: Has a pushing effect instead of damage
Custom 2-Rock: Strum’s the guitar once for small damage.
Final Smash-Air Rally: The cat in an airplane picks up a fighter, and you play badminton with him. If done successfully, this is an instant K.O.
thats a really good moveset for marshal o: didnt created one because you basically said what I was going to say xD

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Chrom Swordfighter.

I'm not even joking.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Jab: Instant multihit jab like MK, it's what his AT currently does
Ftilt: A diagonal slash
Utilt: Slashes upwards, kinda like Shulk but more horizontal range instead of vertical
Dtilt: Slashes at feet
Nair: Slashes quickly in front of himself and then behind himself
Fair: A single sword strike by thrusting the blade forward
Bair: Kicks backwards then slashes
Uair: Two rapid sword swings
Dair: Ike's Dair, spikes better
USmash: Swings sword in a 180 degree angle
FSmash: A jump slash
DSmash: Stabs quickly in front of himself and then swings his blade behind him
Pummel: Bashes with Katana hilt
Fthrow: Slashes in rapid succession
Uthrow: A bit like Ryuenjin from Zero in MvC
Bthrow: Jumps in front of foe and slashes
Dthrow: Throws a few fireballs on foe
B: Pinwheel attack, shoots out a projectile not unlike the Metal Blade, faster at the cost of less directions, customs are Shogi pieces, more at a time but weaker
Side B: Shuriken, throws out a shuriken that has little lag, has to take a few seconds to recharge though
Up B: Flies on a hawk like Beat, but faster
Down B: Invisibility Cloak. only Takamaru's shadow is visible, can be used for trickery
Final Smash: Inazuma Lighting, summons a lot of lightning bolts like the final part of Pit's final smash, only Takamaru can still move around and attack freely
Taunt: Holds a battle stance
Taunt: Juggles some Shogi pieces
Taunt: Sword catches lightning while Takamaru poses

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I just thought of the idea of the Masked Man from Mother 3 being a Mii costume, but what would they make him, a sword fighter or a gunner?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just want a new Custom Robo game. What the what has Noise even been up to? :/

I could def see a Takamaru costume, I mean they already had one for Nintendo Land.

I just thought of the idea of the Masked Man from Mother 3 being a Mii costume, but what would they make him, a sword fighter or a gunner?
A brawler. Duh. :troll:

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It seems to still have a fair bit in Japan if the popularity results were anything to go by.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
what do you think about Magolor from the kirby series and Marshal from Rhythm Heaven Fever?

Magolor would be really interesting moveset thanks he is a Energy- Magic- Portal based wizard. so if he plays with portals could be something really interesting ingame! that kind of character in smash that has that extra and special

Marshal could have rhythm based attacks which would be really nice to have!

I support any kind of Meowth to be playable, but I dont think a normal meowth would make the cut thanks to not interested enough.
the way I see is that if they have Team Rocket's Meowth, they can add even more original and unqice ideas! like "Dig a trap" that grounds people if anyone walks over it, "Bombs", "Rockets" and etc.
its almost the same treatment as Bowser Jr got, that instead for being a small squirtle/Bowser Clone he is a Mechinal user. Meowth could be the same
Magolor would be nice and I support him but he's only been in 2 games, bandana dee I think is a better choice, but I actually want them both

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Because we know they won't be able to satisfy all requests, it would be better than nothing if some of the voted characters got in the game as Assist Trophies or Mii costumes, as those are more simple to produce than full characters.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
The Magolor movesets are filled with portals, Magolor has MUCH more than that, honestly with 3 attacks being portals it takes out his charm

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
The Magolor movesets are filled with portals, Magolor has MUCH more than that, honestly with 3 attacks being portals it takes out his charm
and Dee has a Spear, your call <w<

but seriously tho, I tried to make a moveset thats never been in smash4 before thats new and unqice. I did only the special attacks and not the whole moveset.
then again I cant do a moveset for Nintendo, since they probely would do completely diffirent

to add to it, each character has "some kind of theme" and since magolor can do portals, he should do them most since the other smash4 characters cant

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
If Kirby was to ever get another character, I'd like it to be someone unique; as nice as Bandana Dee is, he's still just a Waddle Dee with a spear and a blue bandana in terms of design. Galacta Knight would at least have a lance, which would function differently to a sword (a lance is only useful when charging, unlike a sword) and a different design going for him. Give him moves that utilize that lance differently to Meta Knight and the Galaxia and nobody would complain about him being a clone. :p

If Kirby was to ever get another character, I'd like it to be someone unique; as nice as Bandana Dee is, he's still just a Waddle Dee with a spear and a blue bandana in terms of design. Galacta Knight would at least have a lance, which would function differently to a sword (a lance is only useful when charging, unlike a sword) and a different design going for him. Give him moves that utilize that lance differently to Meta Knight and the Galaxia and nobody would complain about him being a clone. :p
this is a joke post right?

Dee is much more important than galacta. By a lot. He also isn't meant to basically be the same character. Galacta would be lucky to be an alt/clone

I also find the comparison of lances and spears to be hilarious based on FE logic.

D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee is just a Waddle Dee with a unique weapon and headgear, while Galacta Knight is just a recolored Meta Knight who would be a semi clone. In his boss fight in RtDL he fires projectiles (the only thing different from Meta Knight), while the rest of the time he slashes his lance around the same as Galaxia. The spear ability that Dee uses is much different then a sword as he pokes, throws, and spearcopters with it. Also, Bandana Dee is far more prominent and popular than Galacta Knight.

Last edited by a moderator:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
this is a joke post right?

Dee is much more important than galacta. By a lot. He also isn't meant to basically be the same character. Galacta would be lucky to be an alt/clone
Galacta Knight's lance doesn't work the same way as Meta Knight's Galaxia, so having him be an alt would be illogical. Lances are spearing weapons, not slashing weapons, so to have a lance slash would be like having a hammer jab; an ineffective way of using a weapon. It would look ridiculous to have a spearing weapon used for slashing; hence why Galacta would necessitate his own slot.

Bandana Dee is generic in his design, only separated from his fellow Waddle Dees by a blue bandana. He's important, yes, but in terms of overall appearance Galacta Knight would be more unique than Bandana Dee would be. Plus Galacta Knight would at least be another villain for the roster (and the first Kirby villain on a Smash roster, since Dedede hardly counts as any sort of villain). Bandana Dee is basically just a Waddle Dee with a spear and a bandana. Maybe he could be a DLC fighter, but Galacta Knight would be of higher priority to me than Bandana Dee because Galacta Knight is overall more unique than Dee is.

As important as Bandana Dee is, I think Galacta Knight would be more visually distinct and interesting; so I'd rather him out of the two.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, unexpected stuff happens, and @Raijinken , I think I just need to say something to extent the discussion we had because someone told me somethign that made me unlock everything I couldn't explain as to repping.

Look, I simply approached his support and its inclusion reason just wrong. I think it was obvious, but my focus was to say that he isn't JUST another mario. While this sounded for me to make sense, it's not the right way to approach it.

I should have empahsed that he;s mario giving him more recognition that he would the paper aspect of the mario series.

it';s just a different way to think.

In fact, let me define some stuff, if I mention a set, I talk about a series and a subset is a fragment of that series.

The true variety you see on the roster aren't the set, but the subset. Each character is meant to reflect these subset in their playstyle. So, if we still have rosaliona as example, her playstyle and all things surrounding her reflects her subset which is the galaxy one of the mario set. The playstyle is pretty striaght forward, it's simply an abstraction of her in her subset. it's really getting into design philosophy and that you could go on for weeks if you wanted to, but let's just limit to the fact that her being commander of luma, it just makes sense to have her as a puppet. But it just goes more, her subset includes stuff like artstyle, galaxy, power star, star bits, lauch pad and many many more.

Now, I could tell many example, but here's why I was wrong to, the same applies to toon linka nd ZSS. Well, ZSS matters a bit less considering she's not much of a semi clone for me, but toon link is where I was totally wrong. His subset is the cartoon one of the zelda set. Having such a subset being praised and recognised before, it very well justify the inclusion. Now like I said, semi clone, but again, his playstyle being an abstraction of him, it not only isn';t much of a problem, but it also means great balance between a tiny buit more variety instead of not having him at all.

let me now get to my point now that you should get that, Paper Mario would be representing the paper subset of the set of mario. First, this subset is not much repped in the roster so, it;s not much of a redundancy, but more of an addition. The second thing is that particular subset is actually becomming more deserving. It got high praise for some of his games and lately, I feel the polls shows he became a bit more requested. not to mention nintendo acknowledging that subset out of nowehere like we knew it existed.

What it also means is that when I see some people think it wouldm be the same as adding dummy stuff like striker mario, I now know why it;s not the case. Stricker mario would have the striker subset of the mario set, but s that set knowledgable enough to warrant much rep in smash? I mean, I honestly almost learned what this subset was without thinking much people knew about it. yes, the playstyle would reflect the subset, but you have to consider if smash could go broad enough to accept such a subset. What I basically means is that the paper subset would go before.

If they want to have a lot more characters, then maybe I'll consider he deserves it, but it's not the case now.

If I sound like I completely shifted my approach, that's because I am. i wonder what you think of this new approach (yes, I'm doing it to have more devil's advocate feedback, but this mindset is just freash so might as well try now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom