• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Stahp it, I know it now. (You all got Greninja'd anyway)

Anyway, I think a new legendary like Suicine or Lugia would break the tradition of only having bipedal "Mewtwo clone" mascots and cute mascots.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
How do you not know about Mewtwo? It's been 7 months!
I know he's in Smash, just didn't knew he was a Legendary.

Heracross tho
Pokken tho (don't look up 'pokken' though)
My point is that Legendaries are a big part of Pokémon and we shouldn't rule them out because they're quadrupedal or birds.
Suicine, Lugia, Entei and Xerneas are all famous Pokémon not Gen 1.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Now everyone is going to name ridiculous characters because of the wording on the ballot. Just say K. Rool you pig-lickers.
All pig-lickers are going to prioritize classic Ganon over K. Rool.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know he's in Smash, just didn't knew he was a Legendary.

My point is that Legendaries are a big part of Pokémon and we shouldn't rule them out because they're quadrupedal or birds.
Suicine, Lugia, Entei and Xerneas are all famous Pokémon not Gen 1.
How...Just how...

I agree, Ivysaur worked so quadrupeds work. Birds I'm rather iffy about because wings AND arms are preferred

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
How...Just how...

I agree, Ivysaur worked so quadrupeds work. Birds I'm rather iffy about because wings AND arms are preferred
Arms are only used to attack and grab when you think about it.
Ivysaur did fine without them so arm-less candidates even have a precendence.

Lugia funny enough has legs to walk so it's not that..... FarFetch'd (Vegetable OP pls nerf Greninja)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The mere concept of Banjo in Smash though...holy crap. PLEASE NINTENDO AND RARE. AND MICROSOFT. PLEASE.

They'll be getting a vote for sure from me. Especially when I get to my college and have access to like 20 computers.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I now imagine Meowth running around and doing cool stuff with Wobuffet just sitting on his head. :184:
Meowth would be doing all the fighting with claws like the other feline fighters like Felicia (Darkstalkers), Cham Cham (Samurai Shodown), Taokaka (BlazBlue), and Catwoman (Injustice) and throwing coins everywhere. But Wobbuffet is only good for countering, reflecting, neutralizing, and self-destructing!

Wobbuffet's Counter would be good for countering physical attacks (like the many Down+B counter moves). Wobbuffet's Mirror Coat would be good for reflecting projectiles (like Fox, Zelda, and Palutena)... Wobbuffet's Safeguard neutralizes status effects (Jigglypuff is singing? use Safeguard to not fall asleep when you approach Jigglypuff! someone threw Freezie at you? use Safeguard to not freeze when it hits you!)... hell, give Wobbuffet something similar to Ganondorf's and Bowser's Side+B... know what it is? Destiny Bond! :troll:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Actually, it could work. Physics would have to be played around with... a lot. but it could work.

A little off topic but... Random Pokémon Movesets! Seismitoad edition.
Neutral Attack- Smacks the opponent into the ground (can bury) then smacks them away.
Dash Attack-Rams into the opponent.
Forward Tilt-Slaps the opponent
Up Tilt-Swings his arm overhead
Down Tilt-Uses Earthquake. This will bury all opponents on the ground in front of him.
Forward Smash-Uses Hyper Voice. Has a strong pushing effect.
Up Smash-Punches upward.
Down Smash-Uses Muddy Water on both sides.
Neutral Aerial-Does a spin punch.
Forward Aerial-Punches.
Back Aerial-Spins, and hits with the back of his fist.
Up Aerial-Punches overhead
Down Aerial-Kicks downward
Grab: Grabs. short
Pummel-Punches
Forward Throw-Throws the opponent
Back Throw-Throws the opponent behind him
Up Throw-Throws upward
Down Throw-Throws into the ground. Burying the opponent.
Floor-Summons rain as he gets up.
Edge-Summons hail on the ledge as he gets up.
Neutral Special-Hyper Beam: you can charge this move (takes insanely long to charge, and you cannot use it before it’s fully charged.) When fully charged you will fire a powerful laser. This move has ridiculous ending lag.
Side Special-Sludge Wave: deals continuous damage to opponents
Up Special-Power-Up Punch: Punches as he flys through the air.
Down Special-Aqua Ring: Heals himself over time.
Final Smash-Round: Seismatoad gets with a bunch of Palpatoad, and Tympole, and they all sing together.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
We already have a character who doesn't use legs to walks or arms to attack (Bowser Jr.) (Duck Hunt Duo doesn't use arms to attack) so I don't see the problem.

Other problem is that I don't see moveset potential in Lugia that isn't Windboxes the character.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Oh man this is just like pre ESRB leak speculation, not sure if i shoiuld love it or hate it. :love:
Anyway am i the only one who thinks that the people at Wayforward are just kidding themselves with the Shantae in Smash thing? Shantae has become popular but it's still within a very small audience in comparison to many other candidates in the poll.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
We already have a character who doesn't use legs to walks or arms to attack (Bowser Jr.) (Duck Hunt Duo doesn't use arms to attack) so I don't see the problem.

Other problem is that I don't see moveset potential in Lugia that isn't Windboxes the character.
To be fair, the dog uses his paws in a couple moves but it's mainly used for moving around the stage and grabs/throws... and the duck is mainly used in place of the dog's limbs (like how Ivysaur's vines are used in place of her own limbs) and for recovery.

If a character lacks limbs, that character needs something to make up for lack of limbs. Ivysaur's vines. Duck Hunt Dog's duck friend. ROB's rocket boosters (since it apparently doesn't have wheels). Bowser Jr.'s clown car propeller (even though he could work without the clown car but then he wouldn't be so unique).

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
To be fair, the dog uses his paws in a couple moves but it's mainly used for moving around the stage and grabs/throws... and the duck is mainly used in place of the dog's limbs (like how Ivysaur's vines are used in place of her own limbs) and for recovery.

If a character lacks limbs, that character needs something to make up for lack of limbs. Ivysaur's vines. Duck Hunt Dog's duck friend. ROB's rocket boosters (since it apparently doesn't have wheels). Bowser Jr.'s clown car propeller (even though he could work without the clown car but then he wouldn't be so unique).
Suicine has Ice Beams, Lugia has wings and Xerneas has these giant horns.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh man this is just like pre ESRB leak speculation, not sure if i shoiuld love it or hate it. :love:
Anyway am i the only one who thinks that the people at Wayforward are just kidding themselves with the Shantae in Smash thing? Shantae has become popular but it's still within a very small audience in comparison to many other candidates in the poll.
I feel they're going with the flow. They probably know that they don't have much of a chance (if any), but there's little harm in it plus they're getting a good amount of publicity out of it.

:231:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If Marioverse characters are added just to represent their debut game... if we are following this logic about Pokemon generations... then...

:4mario::4dk: represent the Donkey Kong arcade
:4luigi: represents Mario Bros. arcade
:4peach::4bowser: represent Super Mario Bros.
:4larry::4morton::4wendy::4iggy::4roy::4lemmy::4ludwig: represent Super Mario Bros. 3
:4drmario: represents Dr. Mario
:4yoshi: represents Super Mario World
:4wario: represents Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
:4diddy: represents Donkey Kong Country
:4bowserjr: represents Super Mario Sunshine
:rosalina: represents Super Mario Galaxy

Welp! I guess we shouldn't have King K. Rool because we already have Diddy Kong. But we can have Dixie Kong instead since she represents Donkey Kong Country 2. Oh, and we can have Kiddy Kong because he represents Donkey Kong Country 3. And Lanky Kong represents Donkey Kong 64. And we definitely need to have Donkey Kong Jr. to represent Donkey Kong Jr. arcade and Stanley to represent Donkey Kong 3 arcade.

Oh yeah! We also need to have Birdo to represent Super Mario Bros. 2, Daisy to represent Super Mario Land, Baby Mario to represent Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Paper Mario to represent Paper Mario, Professor E. Gadd to represent Luigi's Mansion, Dry Bowser to represent New Super Mario Bros., Lubba to represent Super Mario Galaxy 2, Nabbit to represent New Super Mario Bros. U, and Cat Mario to represent Super Mario 3D World.

No Captain Toad either because we already have Rosalina to represent Super Mario Galaxy. But we can have Wingo to represent Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker instead! Sucks to be a Toad fan!
And Daisy to represent the remaining Mario spinoffs in case Sakurai were to ignore Waluigi.

Expecting Waluigi? TOO BAD! DAYZEE TIME! :troll:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
And Daisy to represent the remaining Mario spinoffs in case Sakurai were to ignore Waluigi.

Expecting Waluigi? TOO BAD! DAYZEE TIME! :troll:
No, because Daisy debuted in gen I Super Mario Land.
A better example would be Toadette, since she debuted in a spin-off game.

Remember, when it comes to Pokémon, only your debut gen matters. :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
No, because Daisy debuted in gen I Super Mario Land.
A better example would be Toadette, since she debuted in a spin-off game.

Remember, when it comes to Pokémon, only your debut gen matters. :troll:
So, Super Ball Power Ups and Bunny Ears recovery? Awesome. Plus, a sweet final Smash involving Fake!Daisies at the end of each level. :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Daisy used Hyper Voice!

It doesn't matter since she's not a gen 1 Poké so nobody likes her!

Inb4 Wart's more likely for being a First Gen Pokemon.

PS: We gotta have the mods bring our Takamaru thread back since Midna and Saki fans are off the hook! :troll:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
but he has a non-playable role and has even been explicitly said by Sakurai why he isn't in :troll: sound familiar

jeez im sarcastic today
I've already spoken with them and they said such threads shouldn't be open. Swampy is definitely going to have to crush both Midna and Saki's supporters soon.

I've never played Mario Kart 7. Now I'm curious.
Here's an earsplitting example of her "voice" and you'll realize that Daisy is a puppy in comparison to her.

@ SMAASH! Puppy SMAASH! Puppy Swampy is the mod that's in charge of these threads.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
@ SMAASH! Puppy SMAASH! Puppy , I respect your points, but I still think auto-healing is unnecessary. It's a contrived way of mitigating an (admittedly pretty haphazard) innate mechanic.

Healing by using certain move(s), on the other hand...~ :3

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
I've already spoken with them and they said such threads shouldn't be open. Swampy is definitely going to have to crush both Midna and Saki's supporters soon.
This can't be. There's only like 5 people on the Saki thread :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom