• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
I hate to say it, because I get where it comes from and I'd definitely enjoy his inclusion, but if people are still in such denial about Ridley's fate in Smash they think voting for him is going to do anything, I can see why his support is regarded nowadays as a joke.

C'mon guys... if Sakurai said Isaac flat out wasn't going to work in Smash I'd be bummed sure, but I'd shift my vocal support and my vote elsewhere...
I couldn't care less about Sakurai's reasoning for Ridley, I voted for him anyway. I don't think anything will come of it, if Sakurai does change his mind, mine and others votes certainly won't be the reason for it. But I'm going to continue vocally supporting him regardless, as I still want it to happen.

Shutting up about Ridley shows that the support is dying off. Won't help his chances by continuing to support, but it will lower his already abysmal chances if the support stops.

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
I think we are not looking at the big picture here people dady Sakurai is giving us a part in deciding who has poteinal let's not waste it yes there are characters we want in the game but we forget how fast this power goes to our head not to mention the countless amount of trolls who will abuse this system to get characters that won't be accepted by the community we need to make sure that we make logical decssisions for who we chose in other words don't chose characters you know wouldent be included into the game to begin with

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think we are not looking at the big picture here people dady Sakurai is giving us a part in deciding who has poteinal let's not waste it yes there are characters we want in the game but we forget how fast this power goes to our head not to mention the countless amount of trolls who will abuse this system to get characters that won't be accepted by the community we need to make sure that we make logical decssisions for who we chose in other words don't chose characters you know wouldent be included into the game to begin with
I think Sakurai and Nintendo won't just add the crappy characters just because they had the most votes. They may make some questionable decisions but they are not stupid. This is what is on the ballot:

"Do you want your favorite video-game character to join the battle in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U? Well, here's your chance. If you post a video-game character’s name, we’ll consider turning that character into a Smash fighter! Please limit your vote to one per person."

So even if a character got an absurdly high amount of votes, that doesn't guarantee said character would get in Smash... they will just consider it and decide if it's worth the effort to actually add them in or decide to not waste their time/money adding them. They aren't going to add Shrek, Spongebob, or Goku just because the majority of voters said so.

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
I think Sakurai and Nintendo won't just add the crappy characters just because they had the most votes. They may make some questionable decisions but they are not stupid. This is what is on the ballot:

"Do you want your favorite video-game character to join the battle in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U? Well, here's your chance. If you post a video-game character’s name, we’ll consider turning that character into a Smash fighter! Please limit your vote to one per person."

So even if a character got an absurdly high amount of votes, that doesn't guarantee said character would get in Smash... they will just consider it and decide if it's worth the effort to actually add them in or decide to not waste their time/money adding them. They aren't going to add Shrek, Spongebob, or Goku just because the majority of voters said so.
Naw man I'm talking bout people wanting master chief or Minecraft guy they make no logical sense to be a character in a Nintendo fighting game

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
I hate when people say mewtwo and lucas will be the only dlc, c'mon really? this is smash a HUGELY popular franchise just give it one or two more characters? no.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I hate when people say mewtwo and lucas will be the only dlc, c'mon really? this is smash a HUGELY popular franchise just give it one or two more characters? no.
They're doing a poll for the next DLC character....how could Lucas and Mewtwo be the only ones? What the **** would we be voting for then?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Why would anyone say that when we have a poll clearly asking us for our character picks?

Edit: :4greninja:'d

Double Edit:

Help his dream come true you guys. He wants to be in Smash some day. Allow his kin to escape the dictatorship of Princess Peach's pink panty prison.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I don't like how Nintendo had Cat Mario on the ballot in the video... almost implying that they are considering Cat Mario or they want Cat Mario. I don't want another Mario... I think I will vote for Meowth instead of Cat Mario.
I think they did that because they didnt want to give a real character option an edge

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
I can't stand Nintendo ignoring Isaac and Saki any longer. Everyone, if you haven't already, please vote for them in the fighter ballot so we can revive Sin & Punishment and Golden Sun!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Do you think there's any point in voting for assist trophy characters like Dillon or Waluigi?

I guess it'll make them know they're wanted for the sequel, but surely they're out of luck this Smash?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

This is my new updated roster. Just removed Excitebiker (even though he is really cool) for Lucas.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Do you think there's any point in voting for assist trophy characters like Dillon or Waluigi?

I guess it'll make them know they're wanted for the sequel, but surely they're out of luck this Smash?
Technically speaking, they can be added. But I kind of doubt the demand would be high enough for them to make the AT to playable transition within one game.

:231:

whirlwindsnake

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
Monkey D Luffy. Guys if we can get enough people to agree on Luffy he will show up. for those who don't know who he is you must look him up. He could have the perfect set of moves, super, outfits, and would fit perfectly. the more votes the better the chances! and if you think about it please spread this. choose One Piece Unlimited World Red. plenty of other games but they will know how to make his movesets and we want them to have the same vote over and over!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Monkey D Luffy. Guys if we can get enough people to agree on Luffy he will show up. for those who don't know who he is you must look him up. He could have the perfect set of moves, super, outfits, and would fit perfectly. the more votes the better the chances! and if you think about it please spread this. choose One Piece Unlimited World Red. plenty of other games but they will know how to make his movesets and we want them to have the same vote over and over!
A+ original joke.

If you actually want Luffy you should probably look into Super Smash Flash 2. There's a fairly large following for him in that.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
I highly doubt we will get many DLC characters after Mewtwo and Lucas...maybe two top-requested characters... and save the other top-requested characters for SSB5 and SSB6... kinda like the pre-Melee poll and the pre-Brawl poll. I guess it makes sense since they probably ran out of most popular characters to add from the Melee/Brawl polls and they need our help determine which characters are worth the effort adding in the next two Smash games.

I hope Sakurai doesn't do it... and I certainly hope Nintendo doesn't encourage Sakurai to add Cat Mario or Cat Peach. :scared:
I agree, I think we will be getting as many characters as there are slots left on the 3ds character select screen and after Lucas and Mewtwo are in, I believe that max number is 3. The poll is over in October, so I think we will see a couple 2016 releases, along with some other goodies (stages) hopefully and then our final character in 2017, with 3-4 years left before the next game comes out.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
With :4lucas: being back am also confident we'll see :wolf: back. Tbh, I consider him 'all but confirmed' at this point. :younglinkmelee: is 100% deconfirmed with Mii's Link costume btw. It's a very neat idea though to make :4link: a sort of customisable character. Am not hoping that this feature will be used in future Zelda games... However, it could be possible that they do.

However, I feel far more confident in semi-clone characters as Dixie and Impa for DLC though. Am actually quite certain that they are on Sakurai's mind.

Also, I voted for both K.Rool and Impa already.

Yes, I'll use fraud to get my ways, I don't care :4diddy:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've voted for Wolf for the simple reason that he was playable in Brawl.

I regret nothing.

D

Deleted member

Seems like Japan time will never end.

Already voted for Snake, Wonder Red, and Inkling.

Isaac's already coming to PM, no point in voting for him, and Ridley is a lost cause, give it up people.

Also, 200cc MOTHER****ERS!!

Also also:
1427970405982.png

I've voted for Wolf for the simple reason that he was playable in Brawl.

I regret nothing.
Wolf will probably be revealed at E3 alongside the Star Fox trailer or something. With Lucas in, I don't see any reason for why he'd be excluded, and it makes sense he'd be saved for then.

SO VOTE SNAKE INSTEAD!!

Kojima wantes him, Konami wants him, WE want him:

http://nintendoeverything.com/kojima-wants-snake-in-the-new-smash-bros-but-its-not-likely-to-happen/
https://twitter.com/Konami

Last edited by a moderator:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Is there a particular reason that there isn't a Ridley thread?

The rules seem to suggest that "Pokeball, Assist Trophy or Stage Boss" aren't allowed discussions (for absolutely no reasoning given), but Ridley is none of these. Surely someone so popular deserves their own thread on here.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Is there a particular reason that there isn't a Ridley thread?

The rules seem to suggest that "Pokeball, Assist Trophy or Stage Boss" aren't allowed discussions (for absolutely no reasoning given), but Ridley is none of these. Surely someone so popular deserves their own thread on here.
The Ridley thread was locked because he was deconfirmed. He's a stage hazard, so his chances of being playable in this game are second to none.

There's a Ridley group though.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm actually wondering if we'll get a new dlc character every two months now.

I know it seems crazy but we thought Mewtwo was all they were working on and now we're getting Lucas just two months after Mewtwo.

I actually wouldn't count out a Wolf reveal at E3 to coincide with the Star Fox Wii U announcement. Then have him released in August or early September.

Last edited:

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572

Isaac's already coming to PM, no point in voting for him, and Ridley is a lost cause, give it up people.

Also also:
View attachment 45476

Wolf will probably be revealed at E3 alongside the Star Fox trailer or something. With Lucas in, I don't see any reason for why he'd be excluded, and it makes sense he'd be saved for then.

SO VOTE SNAKE INSTEAD!!

http://nintendoeverything.com/kojima-wants-snake-in-the-new-smash-bros-but-its-not-likely-to-happen/
yeah show those basterds at konami that they cant keep Kojima-sempi (cant belive i just said that) down

PeterJude

Smash Ace
The Ridley thread was locked because he was deconfirmed. He's a stage hazard, so his chances of being playable in this game are second to none.

There's a Ridley group though.
Different Ridley. Not deconfirmed in the slightest.

It's also been well and truly shown that we have no idea what's going on with the developers side at all. To rule out any discussion of any character at this point just seems bizarre, and going against the most basic forms of logic. They've already demonstrated that any kind of "deconfirmation" we might try is pointless, and when the character "in the game" isn't even the actual Ridley (rather a clone that looks barely anything like the real Ridley), then it seems odd to not reopen the Ridley discussion at this point, particularly when the discussion is coming, whether it's given it's place on here or not.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace

Also also:
View attachment 45476

SO VOTE SNAKE INSTEAD!!

So you can vote for Snake even though he's already in PM but we can't for Isaac because he's "supposedly coming"? What kind of silly logic works inside your brain?

It's also been well and truly shown that we have no idea what's going on with the developers side at all. To rule out any discussion of any character at this point just seems bizarre, and going against the most basic forms of logic. They've already demonstrated that any kind of "deconfirmation" we might try is pointless, and when the character "in the game" isn't even the actual Ridley (rather a clone that looks barely anything like the real Ridley), then it seems odd to not reopen the Ridley discussion at this point, particularly when the discussion is coming, whether it's given it's place on here or not.
Other m hazard ridley is basically regular ridley. His trophy says he is a long standing rival that wan in metroid 1. He also magically turns into meta ridley for no reason.

Its clear its meant to be ridley and encompasses all of his appearances even if it is ridiculous.
Ridley tas even been talked about by sakurai. He is about as deconfirmed as possible.

I do think all threads should be opened but my opinion doesnt matter.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Other m hazard ridley is basically regular ridley. His trophy says he is a long standing rival that wan in metroid 1. He also magically turns into meta ridley for no reason.

Its clear its meant to be ridley and encompasses all of his appearances even if it is ridiculous.
Ridley tas even been talked about by sakurai. He is about as deconfirmed as possible.

I do think all threads should be opened but my opinion doesnt matter.
How is a character is specifically not actually Ridley meant to "be Ridley"? That's like saying "Marth deconfirmed, Lucina is in and she pretended to be Marth at one point, so that's clearly meant to encompass all Marths".

It doesn't really matter what's been said at this point, they are literally asking for people to say who they want. Sakurai has "deconfirmed" characters from future games that have come along and been revealed as some of the first characters (i.e. Villager), there is literally no reason to not allow a Ridley discussion.

You can't have a "deconfirmed as possible" in any case, as they've thrown the floodgates open, we have literally no idea what "deconfirmed" is anymore. I honestly doubt that such a concept can even be sufficiently justified at this point, as all precedents have been lost. This is a new ball game, they shouldn't be stopping what is potentially the largest discussion about character requests arbitrarily.

I'd also argue that stopping any character discussion is bizarre, given that they've already demonstrated that even being part of a level doesn't deconfirm a character (i.e. Toon Link).

How is a character is specifically not actually Ridley meant to "be Ridley"? That's like saying "Marth deconfirmed, Lucina is in and she pretended to be Marth at one point, so that's clearly meant to encompass all Marths".

It doesn't really matter what's been said at this point, they are literally asking for people to say who they want. Sakurai has "deconfirmed" characters from future games that have come along and been revealed as some of the first characters (i.e. Villager), there is literally no reason to not allow a Ridley discussion.

You can't have a "deconfirmed as possible" in any case, as they've thrown the floodgates open, we have literally no idea what "deconfirmed" is anymore. I honestly doubt that such a concept can even be sufficiently justified at this point, as all precedents have been lost. This is a new ball game, they shouldn't be stopping what is potentially the largest discussion about character requests arbitrarily.

I'd also argue that stopping any character discussion is bizarre, given that they've already demonstrated that even being part of a level doesn't deconfirm a character (i.e. Toon Link).
I would argue this but im in school.

If you really cate go to the staff like the rules say. But i guarantee they wont change their mind as they havent in the past with those same arguments.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What Manly said regarding Wolf is exactly what I was thinking. But it's not like I wouldn't vote K.Rool, Isaac and Impa above him anyway... He'd be probably voted by my after Dixie Kong however, as a 5th.

Also, SMT x FE is indeed somewhat dissapointing to me. FE14 also doesn't quite excite me, but the idea to choose between sides is awesome, wish they done that before! In Radiant Dawn for example... Gives me all the more reason to hope for Tellius remakes!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I agree, I think we will be getting as many characters as there are slots left on the 3ds character select screen and after Lucas and Mewtwo are in, I believe that max number is 3. The poll is over in October, so I think we will see a couple 2016 releases, along with some other goodies (stages) hopefully and then our final character in 2017, with 3-4 years left before the next game comes out.
I'm fairly certain the 3DS will use the next page feature that was found through datamining for all character DLC, so I wouldn't worry about the CSS limiting everything.

This game was designed with DLC in mind, don't forget that.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
Why would anyone say that when we have a poll clearly asking us for our character picks?

Edit: :4greninja:'d

Double Edit:

Help his dream come true you guys. He wants to be in Smash some day. Allow his kin to escape the dictatorship of Princess Peach's pink panty prison.
I voted for him. I actually support and want gim

EDIT: him, but gim 4 sm4sh

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If Ridley is your most wanted character, vote for him. Do it right now. If it is a wasted vote, so what? It's a vote for who you want and that's exactly the question being asked. Give Sakurai the cold hard truth and then let him do what he wants with it.

D

Deleted member

yeah show those basterds at konami that they cant keep Kojima-sempi (cant belive i just said that) down
Yeah, I really didn't follow all that drama. What exactly happened?

Bro, I think the fact that Sakurai outright stated WHY Ridley can't be in should be proof enough for you. Even if he gets top spot, he's just gonna disregard it and go for no.2.

Just let it go and accept defeat. No means no dude. Same with IC, official statements were given as to why they can't be in.

So you can vote for Snake even though he's already in PM but we can't for Isaac because he's "supposedly coming"? What kind of silly logic works inside your brain?

Bro... vote for whoever, I never said you couldn't. As for my logic.
Snake>>>>>>>>Mr. Silent RPG protag #246

Idk how Isaac would play. I know how he COULD play, but that's something different. Snake on the other hand. I know how he DID play, and he was my main. I'd like for him to be back so I can make more people cry in FG mode.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Yeah, I really didn't follow all that drama. What exactly happened?

Bro, I think the fact that Sakurai outright stated WHY Ridley can't be in should be proof enough for you. Even if he gets top spot, he's just gonna disregard it and go for no.2.

Just let it go and accept defeat. No means no dude. Same with IC, official statements were given as to why they can't be in.
Sakurai stated out right why Village could never be in the Smash series. Devastated about that too. It's sad saddening that Villager could never be one of the first characters shown off for the next installment in the series after that. Such a shame.

If Ridley is your most wanted character, vote for him. Do it right now. If it is a wasted vote, so what? It's a vote for who you want and that's exactly the question being asked. Give Sakurai the cold hard truth and then let him do what he wants with it.
I don't really care that much to be honest, I just find it awfully bizarre that Smash Boards would literally censor the Ridley discussion for no particularly solid reason. As I've stated before, I don't really care for the character, but the shear weight of discussion surrounding the character should make it clear that it's worth allowing the discussion to continue with DLC not only on the table, but them literally asking for people's thoughts.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
You know, it's not like Sakurai has never fallen back on an opinion before.

Heck this is the same guy who's arm was falling off and now he's going to be making who knows what amount of dlc content for Smash 4. The guy seems rather contrary.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well i finally. Got my answer and this is a warning.

You can make more than one but too many too fast (aproxiamte 5) you temporary get banned from the ballot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sakurai stated out right why Village could never be in the Smash series. Devastated about that too. It's sad saddening that Villager could never be one of the first characters shown off for the next installment in the series after that. Such a shame.
He changed his mind. However, unlike Villager, Ridley doesn't have a bunch of people clamoring why they DON'T want him in. Even the PM dev team refused to work with the character on the grounds that it simply wouldn't work.

All we have is a mod for the character that showcases exactly what makes Ridley an unsuitable character for this game.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
He changed his mind. However, unlike Villager, Ridley doesn't have a bunch of people clamoring why they DON'T want him in. Even the PM dev team refused to work with the character on the grounds that it simply wouldn't work.

All we have is a mod for the character that showcases exactly what makes Ridley an unsuitable character for this game.
I remember piles of people stating that it would be "ridiculous" for an animal crossing character to be in the game. There was genuine opposition from what I remember. That doesn't mean anything though, nor did Sakurai stating that it wasn't viable. As you said, he changed his mind. Ridley is one of the most wanted characters, the point isn't who "doesn't want them in", it's who wants them in.

Whether or not he's suitable is a different discussion is a different matter all together, right now it's a new start for characters and everyone is fair game, particularly characters not currently in the game (like the actual Ridley). The thread discussing him should at the very least be open to discussion at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom