• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I voted up and down for Rayman.

Now I'm voting for Snake on another computer.

:mewtwopm::lucas:Thank you based Lucas, you bring hope to the veterans we've lost.

:snake::popo::pt::wolf::roypm:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
And people doubted me when I claimed we would get plenty of other DLC after Mewtwo. Fools, the Shaq is never wrong :smirk:

I am so excited for what this could mean for the future. Wolf's all but guaranteed after Lucas, but if they are actually taking REQUESTS for what characters we will be getting (And, you know, follow through with the requests), there are going to be a lot of happy fans in the upcoming years.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I guess the support threads actually matter now.

Still not a good idea to spam the Ballot though.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Balloon Fighter tho. Sukapon tho. Excitebiker tho. Etc etc etc.

Villager was revisited a generation later, not right after Brawl came out. And after AC became monumentally bigger and more popular. Not to mention Villager was planned for Brawl then scrapped, it's not like the same can be said about Ridley.

Ridley demand has existed strongly since Brawl. If he were going to be included, it would've happened by now. Sakurai even addressed why Ridley wasn't playable this time, and he's not getting smaller any time soon. Sakurai doesn't find him feasible, people need to get that through their heads. Cool as he might be, any votes for him are basically a waste.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Shaquille O'Neal's illegitimate twin N3ON's right. I love Ridley and all, and though it sucks to admit it, I'm not going to vote for him. Sakurai's made it clear where he stands. We can argue that he should be in the game, that we can vote for him and everything, but I don't think it'll make much of an impact on a director that's made it clear he has no interest, or even has an active aversion, to adding the character.

I'm going to savour my vote for a while - unless we can vote by proxy multiple times, in which case all bets are off - and decide what the best course of action is. Either way, it's going to be a good year for Smash fans. :3

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Ive been able to vote multiple times without any action but ive been told thats impossible. Oh well.
Viridi laughs at your mortal concept of "impossible"!

"Good riddance, stupid limitations! The world's better off without you!"

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ive been able to vote multiple times without any action but ive been told thats impossible. Oh well.
I think by "one per person" they actually meant "one per person" as in your Brother, Sister and whatnot. So I think you can actually cheat the system..... Not certain though, perhaps it is mainly limited to the first vote per IP address....

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
WOW. This Direct was so hype. Mewtwo looks awesome! And the "Mewtwo Strikes Back" introduction line, despite being rather predictable, was pretty much the best thing they could choose! I was wishing for some move changes, but I'm fine with the Melee ones. The Final Smash looks also amazing. Mega Mewtwo Y + Psystrike? This is honestly exactly was I was expecting, but not how it worked - I was expecting a transformation controlled similarly to Super Sonic then you can press B to use Psystrike, but it actually looks like it works similarly to Ganondorf's FS. Also that animation when a character gets hit... SO HYPE. I'm happy to see that the shiny palette swap wasn't cut - after what happened to Jigglypuff and considering the Mewtwo caught in XY can't be shiny I was expecting Mewtwo to not have a green palette swap. The reversed colors palette looks awesome as well, seeing it made me so hyped.

On the other hand, a character I thought was very unlikely, due to being Japan-only, having his special moves given to Ness as customs, and being a "derivative" character, plus the fact I was expecting DLC characters to focus on newcomers after Mewtwo, OH GOD I WAS DEAD WRONG. I honestly didn't care much about Lucas, but I'm definitely happy for his fans, and I'm probably going to download him when he releases regardless. A Ninten alt for Ness would also be great so we could have all the Mother protagonists playable in Smash.

New costumes as DLC seem cool, but... why only for Mii Fighters? Where's wool Yoshi? Where's cosmic Rosalina? Where's shiny Charizard? At least the Dunban costume looks awesome.

Oh, and the official ballot thing is so hype! At least as long as Sakurai ignores stupid requests (like Cat Mario... I mean seriously :glare:). But regardless, the fact that Smash 4 will fully support DLC characters is great to make the speculation hype continue even after the game's release. Though I really hope we will see at least one or two newcomers, because honestly I'm anticipating DLC mostly for brand-new content and Mewtwo was the only cut character I was actively caring about.

I think Wolf's and King K. Rool's chances has skyrocketed after this direct. The former is pretty self-explanatory, if Lucas can come back then I'd be honestly shocked if Wolf doesn't as well. His fan support is easily on par with Lucas' and on top of that he could be an easy, cheap and non-intrusive way to indirectly promote Starfox Wii U (speaking of which, it's sad we didn't get at least some teaser of it). In other words he's pretty much guaranteed to return. For the second, we all know how much fan support he has and with Rare's DK games being on the eShop including DK64 the "relevance" argument can't really work anymore because Nintendo fans now have an easy way to be familiar with him. I think he upgraded from a somewhat unlikely choice to the frontliner for a DLC newcomer with possibly more chance to make in than not.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 , your sig quote is a bit outdated now~ ;P

I think Wolf is pretty much a dead-set right now: DLC confirmed, Lucas returning, Star Fox U on the (wait for it) horizon, huge fanbase...there's no reason not to expect him.

Possibly I'm just drunk on hype right now, but that's how it looks to me.

Wonder Red in Smash when~? :3

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
So happy my main is back. I will say though, I feel bad for Wolf mains/supporters. But I believe he will be the No. 1 voted character. And in my opinion, all of us Lucas mains, and supporters, should now give our support to Wolf with a vote on the smash website, to help ensure this smash 4 roster is what we all realistically hoped it to be.

Last edited:
I really wonder if SMASH 5 will take this poll into consideration.
Will these ridley votes have a purpose? Probably not

Also geno, ridley and all sorts of fans are coming out of the woodworks lol.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I voted for Geno and Honest Abe

Join me with that y'all!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I wonder just how many dlc characters will be made from this poll

Will sakurai still have specifications that he might just ignore the no. 1 request? etc etc.

All these things have me thinking that vets arent 100% definite confirmed, just trying to be real here. But im glad this direct gave a good ol jolt to ye speculatin' weridos. :p

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Chorus Kids
Agnes Oblige
Professor Layton
Inkling
Cross
Masked Man
Geno
Wonder Red
Bayonetta
Rayman
Dr. Kawashima
Melia
Prince Sable
Classic Ganon
Lip
King Hippo
Mike Jones
Every single character I voted for.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Chorus Kids
Agnes Oblige
Professor Layton
Inkling
Cross
Masked Man
Geno
Wonder Red
Bayonetta
Rayman
Dr. Kawashima
Melia
Prince Sable
Classic Ganon
Lip
King Hippo
Mike Jones
Every single character I voted for.
Vote Lincoln

..unless you hate America

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'll do some more voting later in the day. I should head to bed now, it's awfully late where I live now. Goodnight guys and enjoy your Mewtwo's and Lucas's! (As well as Shaq, can't forget Shaq now can we?:yeahboi:)

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
WOW. This Direct was so hype. Mewtwo looks awesome! And the "Mewtwo Strikes Back" introduction line, despite being rather predictable, was pretty much the best thing they could choose! I was wishing for some move changes, but I'm fine with the Melee one. The Final Smash looks also amazing. Mega Mewtwo Y + Psystrike? This is honestly exactly was I was expecting, but not how it worked - I was expecting a transformation controlled similarly to Super Sonic then you can press B to use Psystrike, but it actually looks like it works similarly to Ganondorf's FS. Also that animation when a character gets hit... SO HYPE. I'm happy to see that the shiny palette swap wasn't cut - after what happened to Jigglypuff and considering the Mewtwo caught in XY can't be shiny I was expecting Mewtwo to not have a green palette swap. The reversed colors palette looks awesome as well, seeing it made me so hyped.

On the other hand, a character I thought was very unlikely, due to being Japan-only, having his special moves given to Ness as customs, and being a "derivative" character, plus the fact I was expecting DLC characters to focus on newcomers after Mewtwo, OH GOD I WAS DEAD WRONG. I honestly didn't care much about Lucas, but I'm definitely happy for his fans, and I'm probably going to download him when he releases regardless. A Ninten alt for Ness would also be great so we could have all the Mother protagonists playable in Smash.

New costumes as DLC seem cool, but... why only for Mii Fighters? Where's wool Yoshi? Where's cosmic Rosalina? Where's shiny Charizard? At least the Dunban costume looks awesome.

Oh, and the official ballot thing is so hype! At least as long as Sakurai ignores stupid requests (like Cat Mario... I mean seriously :glare:). But regardless, the fact that Smash 4 will fully support DLC characters is great to make the speculation hype continue even after the game's release. Though I really hope we will see at least one or two newcomers, because honestly I'm anticipating DLC mostly for brand-new content and Mewtwo was the only cut character I was actively caring about.

I think Wolf's and King K. Rool's chances has skyrocketed after this direct. The former is pretty self-explanatory, if Lucas can come back then I'd be honestly shocked if Wolf doesn't as well. His fan support is easily on par with Lucas' and on top of that he could be an easy, cheap and non-intrusive way to indirectly promote Starfox Wii U (speaking of which, it's sad we didn't get at least some teaser of it). In other words he's pretty much guaranteed to return. For the second, we all know how much fan support he has and with Rare's DK games being on the eShop including DK64 the "relevance" argument can't really work anymore because Nintendo fans now have an easy way to be familiar with him. I think he upgraded from a somewhat unlikely choice to the frontliner for a DLC newcomer with possibly more chance to make in than not.
I'll continue to suggest Wolf in the poll until he's confirmed. Congrats Lucas.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I don't think we have to worry about veterans, I personally think they are all coming back at this point.
I see Wolf, Squirtle, and Ivysaur coming back at most. Snake still has third party issues, Ice Climers have technical issues on the 3DS, and Young Link and Roy are horribly redundant.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I voted up and down for Rayman.

Now I'm voting for Snake on another computer.

:mewtwopm::lucas:Thank you based Lucas, you bring hope to the veterans we've lost.

:snake::popo::pt::wolf::roypm:
Does voting on another computer really work if it's in the same household or computer lab? What about IP addresses?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I think the people who request a lot of characters (more than 2) will be ignored XD
Specially if the characters are weird and unpopular.
Also, I'm pretty sure the "I can vote multiple time guys"! doesn't work.

I voted for Bandana Dee.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I think the people who request a lot of characters (more than 2) will be ignored XD
Specially if the characters are weird and unpopular.
Also, I'm pretty sure the "I can vote multiple time guys"! doesn't work.
I can't say I know the exact mechanics of the ballot, but the idea of people being able to freely vote multiple times would completely distort the data and seemingly defeat the purpose of the ballot.

Ridley thread locked. Again.

Is that 4 times now?

Too bad shaya didnt actually link the ridley group and the group mods have a thing against inviting new people so they have nowhere to go .:skull:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
People, please just vote for characters with a good amount of popularity. They're obviously just going to go for some of the most requested characters, and characters like
Agnes Oblige
Cross
Masked Man
Dr. Kawashima
Melia
Prince Sable
Classic Ganon
Lip
King Hippo
Mike Jones
Don't have a chance in hell of getting that many votes, no matter how many times you and your friends vote for them.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
I voted Ridley because hope is still alive in my heart. I see no harm in this, as my other most wanted (King K. Rool, Isaac, Dixie Kong, Wolf) will still get plenty of votes, I'd think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom