• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Shaq just Tweeted the Direct.

Shaq Fu in Sm4sh hype is real.

So popularity does affect who is DLC. Wolf incoming
Rayman as well :troll:

If people could vote for Ridley and Virdi that would be great. Absurd popularity is would at least look nice for smash 5. . .

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
Smash bros ballot? Nice. I have to get Roy in Smash 4... Maybe Wolf. Maybe someone completely new.

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
What about the Splatoon characters as DLC? That would be pretty cool, even though I'm not too excited about the game itself.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Not to rain on anybody's parade, but seriously...don't start speculating anybody else showing up. As cool as that would be, I would absolutely NOT expect it.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment. Chances are its just Mewtwo. If we get a bonus character, good. But please, do yourselves favors and don't expect anybody else.
And then Lucas was announced. :p

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't like how Nintendo had Cat Mario on the ballot in the video... almost implying that they are considering Cat Mario or they want Cat Mario. I don't want another Mario... I think I will vote for Meowth instead of Cat Mario.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So much for Sakurai being overworked.

I don't think I'll believe him about his arm or him being stressed ever again.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Wait, I just realized....what if we use the poll as a chance to get Ridley in as a playable fighter? That could be pretty huge, especially since getting K.Rool and Ridley in the same game would finally let us have all four of Nintendo's biggest villains settle it in Smash.

START THE RIDLEY SUPPORT THREAD! :p

Real talk here guys. Like actually serious.

Don't vote for characters than stand no chance. Im not voting for Viridi. Don't vote for no ones who have no chance.

This will actually affect the outcome of both Smash 4 and smash 5.
Take this seriously and vote for actual important characters

and remember this affects smash 5 as well so vote for deconfirmed characters as well like Ridley

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So much for Sakurai being overworked.

I don't think I'll believe him about his arm or him being stressed ever again.
Sakurai's arm fell off a long time ago. He just grew it back, that's why we're gonna get more characters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo without moveset revamps looks... Rather stiff. I hope for the best, but at least his Confusion can reflect now...

WHOA SAKURAI WTF MAN!? I hope you at least buffed up all his stats. U Smash can kill okay, cool. But... What else? IS HE BETTER THAN IN MELEE!? GET TO THE ****ING POINT!?

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Mewtwo, Lucas, and the ability to request a character?

This is a dream come true.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Personally, I just voted for Ridley (and left an explanation that took up the entire character limit), so hopefully enough people vote for Ridley and K.Rool that they become the next DLC fighters.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
This pretty much confirms future character DLC.

The question now is now "when?", but rather, "who?"

oni's right, this is something that people ought to think long and hard about. For the first time in the history of Smash, Sakurai is letting us offer our feedback directly, and that's going to make a huge difference.

I'm going to wait a while before I cast my vote. I want to make sure I know exactly what I'm doing before jumping straight in.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I kinda went ahead and voted for Professor Layton. Wether I went ahead of myself or not I don't know. But he is my personal most wanted character and I kinda figured that for other big guns there are a lot of people rooting for them anyway. They did say that you can vote for your favourite Videogame Character, not just Nintendo character so I figured most can go so long as they are a little on the reasonable side....

Who knows how this will go....

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I already voted for Snake. There goes my vote LOL

But in all seriousness, the biggest challenge now is who to vote for. There's too many characters that have potential.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
AND JUST WHAT GOOD DOES THIS MONKEY SUIT SERVE FOR!? I ALREADY GOT DIDDY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom