• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
14,000? That it?

Never mind the fact that, yeah that wasn't all geno supporters like @ A Distant Demon A Distant Demon said, but the video wasn't even that huge if it only got that many views.
People were spreading it a lot in the internet I have find a lot of who talked about this

Also here is the massage from square Enix I finally found it

also I don't have enough time to replay to everyone here

Attachments

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Ugh... I disliked that idea... I mean, only the same Pokemon and no newcomers? I was so glad we did get one even if it was Greninja.

I am kinda surprised that people aren't clamoring for SSB4 Pokemon + Squirtle + Ivysaur... I guess the Smash fanbase don't really want any more Pokemon now that they have Mewtwo? At least the Pokemon fanbase got a newcomer.

I wish that we would get two Pokemon newcomers in SSB5... Meowth and the obligatory new gen Pokemon... in addition to the SSB4 Pokemon + Squirtle + Ivysaur (I liked them in Brawl).

Ugh... talking about Pokemon in Smash is so demoralizing for Meowth/Pokemon anime fans... knowing that Meowth will never ever be playable in Smash and the number of Meowth supporters isn't big enough to get Nintendo's attention... nor are they loud enough to get their attention... and the obligatory new gen Pokemon is pretty much a shoo-in even though it doesn't exist right now.
Meowth's situation is pretty interesting. He is easily one of the most recognizable and iconic Nintendo characters (who haven't been playable in Smash) and who has been around in the anime from the beginning and is still around yet despite all this gets very little support within the Smash fanbase.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
People were spreading it a lot in the internet I have find a lot of who talked about this

Also here is the massage from square Enix I finally found it also I don't have enough time to replay to everyone here
You do realise how vague that statement is? They do not support that game, as SMRPG can be bought on the Wii VC. The topic at hand is Geno.

:231:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
You do realise how vague that statement is? They do not support that game, as SMRPG can be bought on the Wii VC. The topic at hand is Geno.

maybe because the publisher of SMRPG is nintendo but square are just developer just like donkey kong contry was developed by Rare so nintendo has the right to the game and because they have nothing to do with Geno so they want you to contact to nintendo if you want it

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
maybe because the publisher of SMRPG is nintendo but square are just developer just like donkey kong contry was developed by Rare so nintendo has the right to the game and because they have nothing to do with Geno so they want you to contact to nintendo for it
Did you contact Nintendo?

maybe because the publisher of SMRPG is nintendo but square are just developer just like donkey kong contry was developed by Rare so nintendo has the right to the game and because they have nothing to do with Geno so they want you to contact to nintendo for it
But nintendo owns everything from dkc. :confused:

And we know square owned geno from mario and luigi. . .

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
But nintendo owns everything from dkc. :confused:

And we know square owned geno from mario and luigi. . .
that cameo was made in 2003 we are not in that year anymore its not impossible that Geno is owned by alphadream (maybe nintendo) anything can change in the future you can easily see how alphadream cares about Geno and mallow than square enix does, they even said they have NO problem on using them wich means its 100% safe for them to use Geno in any game if they wanted

that cameo was made in 2003 we are not in that year anymore its not impossible that Geno is owned by alphadream (maybe nintendo) anything can change in the future you can easily see how alphadream cares about Geno and mallow than square enix does, they even said they have NO problem on using them wich means its 100% safe for them to use Geno in any game if they wanted
but you can't compare DKC, in which nintendo always owned evreything, to Geno in whcih Square has always owned everything

So why did IGN did make interview with alphadream but not square Enix if they wanted Geno and mallow back?
Because alphadream made a mario and luigi game worth interviewing about, not square.

Geno is owned by square. there really isn't any doubt here. I also would love to see an email about geno just to see who has the more generic email because square's is pretty good.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So why did IGN did make interview with alphadream but not square Enix if they wanted Geno and mallow back?
That interview was about Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, you know.

After reading it entirely, all I got was that Alphadream looks up to SMRPG for inspiration and such, and they are interested to use Geno and Mallow if they can. That's pretty much it. There is no mention of them getting the rights to Geno and Mallow. If they actually did that, it would have been a headline across Nintendo fan sites, and you wouldn't have been arguing with us.

In other words, cross your fingers and hope.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That interview was about Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, you know.

After reading it entirely, all I got was that Alphadream looks up to SMRPG for inspiration and such, and they are interested to use Geno and Mallow if they can. That's pretty much it. There is no mention of them getting the rights to Geno and Mallow. If they actually did that, it would have been a headline across Nintendo fan sites, and you wouldn't have been arguing with us.

In other words, cross your fingers and hope.

There's also a key detail; the producer from AlphaDream was the co-director of SMRPG.
That's why SMRPG is brought up and that's why he was asked about Geno and Mallow, for he had prior experience with those characters.

He doesn't own them. But if anyone would have reason to contact Squeenix about licensing the characters out for use, it'd be him.
That's what Geno Boost and Rasheem the Dream need to realize instead of using deluisional fanboy logic to claim AlphaDream owns them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
There's also a key detail; the producer from AlphaDream was the co-director of SMRPG.
That's why SMRPG is brought up and that's why he was asked about Geno and Mallow, for he had prior experience with those characters.

He doesn't own them. But if anyone would have reason to contact Squeenix about licensing the characters out for use, it'd be him.
That's what Geno Boost and Rasheem the Dream need to realize instead of using deluisional fanboy logic to claim AlphaDream owns them.
No JUST No don't mix me with Rasheem the dream I am not that kind of a person

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Ah. I guess it really does come down to hope then.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
And yet it's 2015 now and AlphaDream really cares so much that they still haven't included Geno in a new game since that miniscule and overlooked cameo. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member

Ah. I guess it really does come down to hope then.

That it does. That it does.

Though it still wouldn't make Geno a likely candidate for Smash.
For that, Nintendo would need to just buy out his rights completely and make him more of an active character like at least Rosalina.

That's odd. It says that oni333 quoted me. But he didn't.

I'm happy to see that some people still support Geno. I had thought that everyone had given up on him. Kinda like the Toad supporters.
misclick and I edited the quote out. my bad

and i'm a toad supporter :c I like captain more but both are awesome

I still have no idea how Geno support even came to be in the first place. He has never been a major character and always been obscure. an extreme case of bandwagoning? I clearly wasn't around for the brawl days

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Black Mage has appeared in two Mario sports titles.

No kidding, he's got about as much chance of appearing as any Square Enix character.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I still want to get a VERY clear answer to know wich company is actually owns Geno I want To hear something from Nintendo about him, we already heared square Enix saying "we have nothing to do with him...you should contact to Nintendo for it" but I really want to hear what will Nintendo say about Geno then we will get a very clear answer because the last time Nintendo talked about Geno was in 2006 but what will Nintendo say about him now?

Last edited:
I still want to get a clear answer to know wich company is actually owns Geno I want To hear something from Nintendo about him, we already heared square Enix saying "we have nothing to do with him...you should contact to Nintendo for it" but I really want to hear what will Nintendo say about Geno then we will get a very clear answer because the last time Nintendo talked about Geno was in 2006 but what will Nintendo say about him now?
they didn't even say that. they said they had nothing to do with the game as in VC of smrpg
It was a cookie cutter auto-reply with nothing to do with Geno just like I said it would be.
Nintendo will probably do the same thing

Black Mage is teh best SE "rep"

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
That it does. That it does.

Though it still wouldn't make Geno a likely candidate for Smash.
For that, Nintendo would need to just buy out his rights completely and make him more of an active character like at least Rosalina.
Nintendo already killed rosalina personality she was awesome in Mario galaxy but after that she just become like daisy I don't want Geno to be ended up like her I only want to see him in a game with a story or fighting not something like Mario party

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Nintendo already killed rosalina personality she was awesome in Mario galaxy but after that she just become like daisy I don't want Geno to be ended up like her I only want to see him in a game with a story or fighting not something like Mario party
Being in a fighting or sports game doesn't destroy a character. Hardly.

Though Baby Rosalina kind of did. >_>

Geno Boost

Smash Master
image.jpg

Even if Geno wasn't in super smash I still like how sakurai gives like to Geno from a person who was begging him to be in ssb4 and I like how sakurai likes Geno in the inside but he doesn't do something for him in his game not even a trophy or a song. he never did gives a like to someone who asked him for king k. Rool and Lucas and other characters that isn't in ssb4 but he did this for Geno
This user is not me. This happend before 2 month before ssb4 was released

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure that's a fake Sakurai account.
Nope it's the real one it's Japanese and he only talks Japanese and you can search his account he only follows Nintendo

EDIT: congratulation for the people who liked his post because they probably doesn't have Instagram or didn't even search his name or didn't do some research about him sakurai has Instagram since 2014

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I still want to get a VERY clear answer to know wich company is actually owns Geno I want To hear something from Nintendo about him, we already heared square Enix saying "we have nothing to do with him...you should contact to Nintendo for it" but I really want to hear what will Nintendo say about Geno then we will get a very clear answer because the last time Nintendo talked about Geno was in 2006 but what will Nintendo say about him now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom