• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Guys, we're getting a little bit off topic. Let's get back on track here.

As much as I don't think we're getting anymore DLC after Mewtwo, I'm beginning to see some hope, but for anymore DLC for this title, I think it's either at E3 or never again.
We've heard literally nothing since Mewtwo. How are you beginning to see some hope?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That's the whole point. I would not expect Sakurai to reveal all the DLC at such short notice. I just think E3 is long enough to wait after the 50 fact extravaganza, that's all.
So you didn't think we'd get any DLC past Mewtwo, and because there hasn't been any more DLC revealed you now think we are going to get some at E3...

Alright.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
We'll get Wolf revealed at E3 along with the first trailer for the new Starfox, and they'll have a deal where if you buy the new Starfox you'll get a code to unlock Wolf for free... or we'll just get nothing... OR WE'll GET K. ROOL... or nothing.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Fixed that for you. :p
0/10 no Reggie

We'll get Wolf revealed at E3 along with the first trailer for the new Starfox, and they'll have a deal where if you buy the new Starfox you'll get a code to unlock Wolf for free... or we'll just get nothing... OR WE'll GET K. ROOL... or nothing.
I see Lucas in that signature. Is he just there? Is he just gonna hang out over there and accept his fate?
Or is it in your icon? You don't mention Ridley because he's been deconfirmed (oh by the way I totally called that,you guys don't logic with my logic with Shokio's logic) and Mewtwo is already DLC.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
0/10 no Reggie

I see Lucas in that signature. Is he just there? Is he just gonna hang out over there and accept his fate?
Or is it in your icon? You don't mention Ridley because he's been deconfirmed (oh by the way I totally called that,you guys don't logic with my logic with Shokio's logic) and Mewtwo is already DLC.
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking me. I want Lucas mainly because he was my main in Brawl, and I also love his game and I think he has a good chance of being DLC, but I also don't think he's nearly as necessary or deserving as other characters.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking me. I want Lucas mainly because he was my main in Brawl, and I also love his game and I think he has a good chance of being DLC, but I also don't think he's nearly as necessary or deserving as other characters.
You see those four eyes?
Half of those were your DLC choices.
Is Wolf and King K. Rool the only DLC choices? I don't think so,that's my main point here.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
You see those four eyes?
Half of those were your DLC choices.
Is Wolf and King K. Rool the only DLC choices? I don't think so,that's my main point here.
I just have those 4 because I thought it'd look cool to have the eyes of Nintendo's 4 biggest antagonists not currently in the game. The characters in my signature are ones that I support and I think have a good chance of being DLC. I'd also include Rayman to that list.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just have those 4 because I thought it'd look cool to have the eyes of Nintendo's 4 biggest antagonists not currently in the game.
lolno.
The biggest antagonists in Nintendo are most-likely Bowser,Ganondorf,Ridley,and King Dedede (He's becoming more of an anti-hero now,actually)
1/4 right isn't going to cut it. King K. Rool is close,but he isn't the most recognized. Wolf is basically the :4darkpit:of StarFox. He's just a rival of sorts that first poses as a threat but later isn't as much of a threat and more of a nuisance. And Mewtwo...what? The villains of Pokemon are the organizations' leaders. Giovanni,Maxie,Ghetsis,those guys. Is the movie even canon? In-game,he's just a pokemon that you find,fight,and catch him. He just has a cruel backstory when it comes to the games. I hope I don't cause something from this.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
lolno.
The biggest antagonists in Nintendo are most-likely Bowser,Ganondorf,Ridley,and King Dedede (He's becoming more of an anti-hero now,actually)
I just have those 4 because I thought it'd look cool to have the eyes of Nintendo's 4 biggest antagonists not currently in the game.
The reading is weak with this one lol.

In all honesty, cut veterans are most likely due to the fact that nearly everywhere these veterans have fans. There is a reason that the wanted lists here and in Japan have characters like Wolf, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Roy, and Snake (not likely for dlc due to licensing stuff). These characters make the most sense not only from a fan demand section, but also from a developmental standpoint, as the characters due have some form of a base for development (Roy due to being a clone that could be luigified, Ice Climbers due to working on the Wii U version, Wolf and Lucas due to specials in the game, Snake due to Brawl data imports?).
Outside of these characters, it would be up to newcomers. Chorus Kids have a leg up on the rest due to some work on them having been done early in development, as seen by the RH logo. K Rool has fan popularity, a likely revival with DKCR3, and represents a franchise that did kinda get shafted for a newcomer. I guess Inkling has a shot due to the massive buildup Nintendo is having for Splattoon.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
lolno.
1/4 right isn't going to cut it. King K. Rool is close,but he isn't the most recognized. Wolf is basically the :4darkpit:of StarFox. He's just a rival of sorts that first poses as a threat but later isn't as much of a threat and more of a nuisance. And Mewtwo...what? The villains of Pokemon are the organizations' leaders. Giovanni,Maxie,Ghetsis,those guys. Is the movie even canon? In-game,he's just a pokemon that you find,fight,and catch him. He just has a cruel backstory when it comes to the games. I hope I don't cause something from this.
"Nintendo's biggest antagonists NOT CURRENTL Y IN THE GAME" as in Nintendo's biggest antagonists, not counting the ones currently playable in Smash Bros.
an·tag·o·nist
anˈtaɡənəst/
noun
  1. a person who actively opposes or is hostile to someone or something; an adversary.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I just beat classic mode on 9.0 difficulty.....the struggle was real....

How does the community here feel about Master Core?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let me just ask you this. What would you do if Miyamoto makes the whole "Year of StarFox" thing official at E3? True he probably might not, but I'm still kinda curious.

I've seen weirder propaganda before, golden. Trust me.
I'll go "Ah. So there really is a 'Year of Star Fox'." and move on with my life.

It still wouldn't mean we're getting both Wolf and Krystal as Smash DLC.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Personally I think we will see Wolf as DLC.

But both? Yeah, no.

Let me just ask you this. What would you do if Miyamoto makes the whole "Year of StarFox" thing official at E3? True he probably might not, but I'm still kinda curious.

I've seen weirder propaganda before, golden. Trust me.
Year of Luigi was only a thing because of all the Luigi-centric games coming out in that time period. One Starfox game isn't going to cut it as "Year of Starfox".

I'd love a Year of Starfox... but it's not something that makes a whole lot of sense.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
...and because it was Luigi's 30th anniversary.
Yeah it was a nice little cherry on top of that rather pointless marketing gimmick.

They should've fixed their priorities on making sure people knew what a Wii U actually was instead of going "LOOK ITS STILL LUIGI!!" but watareyagonnado, it's Nintendo. :rolleyes:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Part of me still wishes Sakurai saw Hawlucha's design first....

Hawlucha would have been pretty interesting, but I'm quite disappointed that everyone is forgetting the obvious best candidate for a playable 6th gen Pokemon.

Not even joking. :estatic:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hawlucha would have been pretty interesting, but I'm quite disappointed that everyone is forgetting the obvious best candidate for a playable 6th gen Pokemon.

Not even joking. :estatic:
The Broken Image Pokémon?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
*deleted accidental sceptile post from long ago*

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Personally I think we will see Wolf as DLC.

But both? Yeah, no.

Year of Luigi was only a thing because of all the Luigi-centric games coming out in that time period. One Starfox game isn't going to cut it as "Year of Starfox".

I'd love a Year of Starfox... but it's not something that makes a whole lot of sense.
Unless they announce a Star Fox Tv show, have Starfox XMario Kart 8 :4fox::4falco::wolf: playable, and do some cool Star Fox themed promotions.
lolno.
:wolf: does some pretty bad*** things in the Starfox series, that and he's not a flawed clone of Fox who came out of a mirror.
As for Pokemon, Mewtwo is considered a villian because he's the most savage pokemon, and because all the evil team leaders, without their pokemon would be nothing and get trashed in seconds by the likes of :4mario::4link::4dk::4fox::4ness::4samus::4falcon: as well as :4bowser::4ganondorf::4wario::wolf::4bowserjr::4dedede::4metaknight:.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
[quote="[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]] Mewtwo is considered a villian because he's the most savage pokemon, and because all the evil team leaders, without their pokemon would be nothing and get trashed in seconds by the likes of.[/quote]
I think Mewtwo is considered a villain because many use the word 'villain' and 'antagonist' synonymously.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mewtwo is not a villain or an antagonist. He's just a random rare Pokemon that happens to be overpowered and notoriously difficult to catch in a remote location. It wasn't like Mewtwo showed up every now and then as an obstacle for Red to overcome or he plotted world domination or something evil.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think Mewtwo is considered a villain because many use the word 'villain' and 'antagonist' synonymously.
I'll have to agree with this. Mewtwo is kind of evil but not really a villain, he's just getting revenge half the time. Characters like Bowser, K. Rool and Ridley are villains for sure though, Wolf? Not so much. Dedede? Eh, maybe.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Mewtwo is the main antagonist in the first movie, even if he becomes less of one in the end (he still plotted to do horrible things). And the Smash games are influenced by the Pokemon anime to a certain degree.

It won't be too much of a stretch for me if they portray Mewtwo a little villainous. Event 51 in Melee has Mewtwo teaming up with villains, so they wanted him to be some sort of antagonist there. Smash is non-canon anyway, so it shouldn't matter too much. Honestly, we have to wait and see how they'll portray Mewtwo.

In the games, a lot of the time Mewtwo's entries make references to how he's savage, aggressive, and lacks heart. So while this doesn't necessarily mean he's a villain, we could see how GF wanted to portray him in terms of character.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Evil villain scale
King of Evil:4ganondorf:

Pretty Evil Ridley Krool

Does some pretty bad things, and don't have good morals, but do sometimes team up with the hero, mostly for personal gain:4bowser::4wario::wolf:

Tragic villain:mewtwopm:

Evil jerk:4dedede::4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:

Honorable villain:4metaknight:

Not really evil just antagonizing:4darkpit:

Deemed evil by the fans:4duckhunt::4villager::4rob:(certain :4mii:s):4diddy:

Eviler than all those guys one who buys amiibos so others can't get them or have to pay a huge sum of money to get them.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
lolno.
Your inability to read caused something.

Seriously, read before you brag.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
In order for a character to be a villain they have to be "evil", but how would you define someone as being evil? To me it's someone who performs a high degree of bad or wrong things in order to harm others.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
In order for a character to be a villain they have to be "evil", but how would you define someone as being evil? To me it's someone who performs a high degree of bad or wrong things in order to harm others.
:4ganondorf: King of evil (every Zelda game he's in)
:4bowser: Guilty of multiple kidnappings, and attempted murder of Toads and Mario Bros. (various titles)
:4wario: Robbery, corruption, guilty of murder, kidnapping, Vandalism. (Wario master of Disguise, Mario power tennis, Warioware, Wario Land series)
:wolf: Murder, treason, and Larson. (Star Fox Command)

These 4 have all done some pretty dastardly deeds, and most of them canon to their home games.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Mewtwo's only role as a villain is the first film. Which ends with him understanding the error in his ways, the plot continuing in Mewtwo Strikes Back where he is a primary protagonist. Another Mewtwo appears in Genesect and the Legend Awakened, who is also a primary protagonist in that film.

I don't think it's really fair to consider him a villain, especially since Dedede and Meta Knight aren't really considered villains either (Though Greninja is because of it's role in the Diancie film [Judging by a previous Conquest event at least, but it could just be because of it's Dark typing too...]).

Last edited:

Cool Typhlosion

Smash Apprentice
Evil villain scale
King of Evil:4ganondorf::4ness:

Pretty Evil Ridley Krool

Does some pretty bad things, and don't have good morals, but do sometimes team up with the hero, mostly for personal gain:4bowser::4wario::wolf:

Tragic villain:mewtwopm:

Evil jerk:4dedede::4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:

Honorable villain:4metaknight:

Not really evil just antagonizing:4darkpit:

Deemed evil by the fans:4duckhunt::4villager::4rob:(certain :4mii:s):4diddy:

Eviler than all those guys one who buys amiibos so others can't get them or have to pay a huge sum of money to get them.
you forgot Ness so I put him up there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom