• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Would any of the other boxers aside from King Hippo would incline you to buy a new Smash game more? I still think King Hippo is pretty much a huge contender.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Would any of the other boxers aside from King Hippo would incline you to buy a new Smash game more? I still think King Hippo is pretty much a huge contender.
King Hippo wouldn't even do that for me, so no. The fact that it's a new Smash, however, would be enough for me. :grin:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I do see Hippo as perfect Assist Trophy material, and I could see how he would work as a fighter, I just don't see him making it. Doc Louis is basically Little Mac's Palutena, so I understand his appeal as well.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I do see Hippo as perfect Assist Trophy material, and I could see how he would work as a fighter, I just don't see him making it. Doc Louis is basically Little Mac's Palutena, so I understand his appeal as well.
That image.

THAT IMAGE.

Still sad that there's no Doc's Advice for every opponent. Such potential.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'd personally like to see a new protagonist (the female boxer sounds brilliant) with a whole new cast of opponents. :3
We all have our ideas for where to take Nintendo franchises (I am still shocked that Nintendo hasn't taken what I see as an obvious step and made Wart, Mouser, Birdo, and the rest of the Sub-con enemies into Yoshi enemies. He already fights Shy Guys and he could really use his own big bad.)

I have been saying for a while that a Punch-Out game that features a fight through the women's division would be a very fresh experience. You still need Mac, and you still need Doc, but they can both play some sort of training role. The idea I was playing with was having Doc's daughter be the protagonist, as that would create a very strong link between the new game and the original series. You could have familiar Punch-Out faces as trainers or characters that are some how relations (hey, Aran Ryan mentions having a sister.) It would be hilarious if Glass Joe's protege ended up being one of the toughest boxers in the game.

That image.

THAT IMAGE.

Still sad that there's no Doc's Advice for every opponent. Such potential.
Lol, you know what I meant!

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
We all have our ideas for where to take Nintendo franchises (I am still shocked that Nintendo hasn't taken what I see as an obvious step and made Wart, Mouser, Birdo, and the rest of the Sub-con enemies into Yoshi enemies. He already fights Shy Guys and he could really use his own big bad.)

I have been saying for a while that a Punch-Out game that features a fight through the women's division would be a very fresh experience. You still need Mac, and you still need Doc, but they can both play some sort of training role. The idea I was playing with was having Doc's daughter be the protagonist, as that would create a very strong link between the new game and the original series. You could have familiar Punch-Out faces as trainers or characters that are some how relations (hey, Aran Ryan mentions having a sister.) It would be hilarious if Glass Joe's protege ended up being one of the toughest boxers in the game.
Oh my god yes.

This is beautiful.

Lol, you know what I meant!
Oh I know exactly what you meant my friend~ ;3

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Him getting his own game is a great start. He needs to show up in more games... where he's shown doing different things (giving supporters moveset ideas). Hell, have him be a composite character in Smash where he uses some moves from his own game and some moves from the original Toad in SMB2 and some moves from the Toads in NSMB games.
Your saying captain toad needs to be in a variaty of games to get in smash.

:4darkpit: And :4alph: (alph) and :4greninja: and :4shulk:and :4lucina: and :4robinm:/:4robinf: all had only 1 game made when they got in smash 4 give 2 or 3 games

As a matter of fact :4greninja: got in before he even exsisted, smash bros 4 was greninjas first game ever pokemon X and Y was his second game

D

Deleted member

By that logic, Lucas' first game was Brawl, not Mother 3.

Aside from that, anyone with proper reading comprehension would realize that "new Pokémon addition being mandated before X/Y's announcement" =/= "Greninja was decided to be a Newcomer before X/Y's announcement".

Last edited by a moderator:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
By that logic, Lucas' first game was Brawl, not Mother 3.

Aside from that, anyone with proper reading comprehension would realize that "new Pokémon addition being mandated before X/Y's announcement" =/= "Greninja was decided to be a Newcomer before X/Y's announcement".
Exactly thus added before he even exsisted

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Have we really gone back to arguing semantics in the time I was gone?

Hi guys! What character are we fighting over this week?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Greninja_(SSB4)

Read now.

"Roster was established early in development that mandated a new pokemon character, before pokemon X and Y was announced."

Im right and you know it.
No. You're dead wrong and its laughable.

Pokemon X and Y came out a year before those smash games, so his first game is and will always be X and Y.

And if you still think that development = a game, then you're even more wrong as Greninja's was included in Smash based on designs made for X and Y meaning, X and Y created him before Smash did.

Your logic makes absolutely no sense.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Your logic makes absolutely no sense.
It does to him. Therefore, it should to the rest of us. That's how the internet works. :p

But now that I think about it, the point he made that mattered is pretty eye opening. That IS a LOT of 1-offs that made it into Sm4sh. I'd say Greninja is an exception, though, because he's a Pokemon, and...you know....Pokemon.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It does to him. Therefore, it should to the rest of us. That's how the internet works. :p

But now that I think about it, the point he made that mattered is pretty eye opening. That IS a LOT of 1-offs that made it into Sm4sh. I'd say Greninja is an exception, though, because he's a Pokemon, and...you know....Pokemon.
Indeed, he was not a one-off character by the time Smash 4 was released. Again, because he was a Pokemon.

They always make spin offs.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Indeed, he was not a one-off character by the time Smash 4 was released. Again, because he was a Pokemon.

They always make spin offs.
That's true, actually. Forgot about the spin-offs. Was just considering how he's coming back for every next installment no matter what pretty much.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Part of me still wishes Sakurai saw Hawlucha's design first....

Last edited by a moderator:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Alright just to explain

I just see words different

I consider the whole added before x and y announcement i see it as, added before greninja exsisted

So if im seeing it wrong ok im seeing it wrong. (I just my way of saying how greninja was added.)

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Bald Bull would be the best bet since he's appeared in all but one punch out game, heck he was even in the spin off game arm wrestling.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Bald Bull would be the best bet since he's appeared in all but one punch out game, heck he was even in the spin off game arm wrestling.
But can he release the bogus?

One thing about Bald Bull is that he actually fought Doc Louis back when Doc was an active boxer. He mentions Doc in both the Wii and NES games.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Artsy Omni released a new video about thanking the people to subscribed to him (from less than 500 to over 20,000), and an apology for those who were genuinely angry at him or disappointed.

He's such a great guy. I think what he did was great and a net positive for Rayman fans. They got some great art and some amazing exposure. I would eat an earthworm if he did Bandana Waddle Dee.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Can't say that I'm a Hawlucha fan. I'm actually glad that Greninja was decided upon.

However, Brave Bird Talonflame would've been great.
B - Brave Bird
Side B - Brave Bird
Up B - Brave Bird
Down B - U-Turn Brave Bird

Very unique.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If we're talking Pokemon. We need Stunfisk. I mean, look at him!

Why hasn't this gorgeous face been in Smash yet? I for one blame Sakurai bias.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Artsy Omni released a new video about thanking the people to subscribed to him (from less than 500 to over 20,000), and an apology for those who were genuinely angry at him or disappointed.

He's such a great guy. I think what he did was great and a net positive for Rayman fans. They got some great art and some amazing exposure. I would eat an earthworm if he did Bandana Waddle Dee.
I would actually not be surprised if he's the guy who made that (fake) leaked image of Ness some time ago.

image.jpg

I mean, if you look at it this way, the Rayman leak and this both look pretty convincing, so as long as he doesn't try to pull a fast one by leaking a buncha characters like an espresso crazed woodpecker, it's fine by me.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
All of them and none of them would. All of them would because I'm a huge punch out fan and want all of them. None of them would because I'm a huge smash brothers fan and saying it would incline me to buy the game more, when I would already be fully inclined to purchase the game is odd.

That said, Bald Bull, Doc Louis, and King Hippo win for most iconic

But Glass Joe could be smash brothers' new Pichu/Dan Hibiki.

Don Flamenco.... Would be hilarious.

And Great Tiger has magic. MAAAGIC

But I want Soda Popinski with Alternate Skin: Vodka Drunkenski. So I can beat my friends and the winner can be vodka. And then we can make that a drinking game.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Guys, we're getting a little bit off topic. Let's get back on track here.

As much as I don't think we're getting anymore DLC after Mewtwo, I'm beginning to see some hope, but for anymore DLC for this title, I think it's either at E3 or never again.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Guys, we're getting a little bit off topic. Let's get back on track here.

As much as I don't think we're getting anymore DLC after Mewtwo, I'm beginning to see some hope, but for anymore DLC for this title, I think it's either at E3 or never again.
We had a topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom