• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
Looks pretty good. One thing though...I'm pretty sure Professor Layton is a third party character. Still think he's reasonable enough of a choice, maybe, but if he's third party, you might want to reorganize him into the bottom row. Up to you.
I was thinking about replacing him with isaac from golden sun, i wasnt sure if layton was 3rd party or not. Thanks for your input.

Staarih

Smash Master
I don't think Shulk is a shoe-in, but I personally consider Chrom as one. I've never played a Fire Emblem game so I have little basis on... anything, but then again I can use my little knowledge to make a statement that Chrom is actually a character which not only is a main character in Awakening, but also interests a non-FE-fanatic like me the most. It's not really a thing of uniqueness, since anything can be made unique, it's just a thing of image and recognizability. I'd presume the "poster boy" -image he seems to have may attract many gamers who are not familiar with Fire Emblem, sort of like Marth did in Melee, and also gives him an edge over other seemingly popular choices (Lucina and Avatar/Robin I guess?). But maybe that's just me. The Fire Emblem fans are very dedicated to the series, so hopefully I won't get much bashing when I state that Chrom is one of the characters I truly believe is a shoe-in (the others being Palutena and Mewtwo - all other characters' inclusion I see as up in the air still). Call me surprised if it doesn't happen haha.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Hola,
Why are Chrom and Shulk "shoe-ins"?
Personally: 5/10
Ridley, Takamaru, Lip +3
No K. Rool or Krystal -4
Layton -1
Random slot and bad organization -2

On a prediction level: 7/10

No one is a shoe-in, but certain characters are more likely than others. And certain characters will never happen, like Layton.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
I will propose you an interesting dilemma, if you have to choose between the following groups :
  • K Rool and Dark Samus
  • Ridley and Dixie Kong
So, who would you choose ? K. Rool's group or Ridley's group ?
It's hard to believe that both will make the cut, so I don't think this is unreasonable.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I will propose you an interesting dilemma, if you have to choose between the following groups :
  • K Rool and Dark Samus
  • Ridley and Dixie Kong
It's hard to believe that both will make the cut, so I don't think this is unreasonable.
I'd honestly go with Ridley's, I do think that Ridley has waited long enough to be in Smash. That and I want to laugh in the faces of the many too-bigots I've faced. :laugh:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
  • K Rool and Dark Samus
  • Ridley and Dixie Kong
Riddies and Dixie.
He seriously needs to get in this game. King K Rool has been out of the spotlight a while, Dixie Kong hasn't, and Ridley hasn't either.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
  • K Rool and Dark Samus
  • Ridley and Dixie Kong
As much as I like K. Rool. I'm not a fan of Dark Samus. Dixie Kong is tolerable, so I would go with option B: Ridley and Dixie

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
  • K Rool and Dark Samus
  • Ridley and Dixie Kong
Option B: Dixie and Ridley are both characters I support. Dark Samus not so much.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
It seems like a one-sided dilemma^^' So everyone here will choose Ridley's group. I think I am one of the only ones wanting to play as Dark Samus.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
It seems like a one-sided dilemma^^' So everyone here will choose Ridley's group. I think I am one of the only ones wanting to play as Dark Samus.
I did support Dark Samus back when I was first beginning Smash speculation, and still do to an extent. I just don't want to see it before Ridley.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I don't think Dixie is getting in. If she is, it's going to be a Wolf-esque situation where she's just like "Oh, here's another character that we just had some extra time to finish".

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
  • K Rool and Dark Samus
  • Ridley and Dixie Kong
I would probably take Ridley and Dixie. I do really want K. Rool, but I want Ridley more. More or less because there's been so much "debate" (if you can even give it such a civilized title) over him, and I'd very much like to see that put to an end.

Although why should we chose? I think it's quite likely K. Rool and Ridley can get in.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
How about a different dilemma:
Ridley and Dark Samus, or
King K. Rool, and Dixie Kong?
Well, in terms of likelihood, that would definitely go to King K. Rool and Dixie. I still doubt we'd get four DK reps, but it's certainly more likely to get four than most other series.

But I'd still probably have to take the Ridley package. Again, there's been too much invested in the character to just let him slip out of this game.

D

Deleted member

I'd take the Ridley and Dark Samus package.

...even at the expense of K. Rool, it leaves opening for Cranky.

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
Personally: 5/10
Ridley, Takamaru, Lip +3
No K. Rool or Krystal -4
Layton -1
Random slot and bad organization -2

On a prediction level: 7/10

No one is a shoe-in, but certain characters are more likely than others. And certain characters will never happen, like Layton.
How is it bad organization if i grouped each character by series? I just did it horizontally...

?????????????

Smash Master
Between the Rildey/Dixie and Dark Samus/K. Rool, I'd take Ridley/Dixie.
Between the K. Rool/Dixie and Ridley/Dark Samus, I'd take K. Rool/Dixie.

Um...I guess I, uh...just don't like Dark Samus. Sorry.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Quotes like these really detract people away from what their actual chances are, I personally think he's got a fair chance, but it's not big of a chance as Pac-Man.

How is it bad organization if i grouped each character by series? I just did it horizontally...
It looks fine with the organization actually, it's just normally RPG characters have their own row, and Layton is a third party, so i suggest you move him between Pac-Man and Mii.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Between the Rildey/Dixie and Dark Samus/K. Rool, I'd take Ridley/Dixie.
Between the K. Rool/Dixie and Ridley/Dark Samus, I'd take K. Rool/Dixie.

Um...I guess I, uh...just don't like Dark Samus. Sorry.
You don't like an evil alien version of Samus?? I bet you're the kind of person who doesn't like Dark Link or Dark Pit either!
Shameful!

I don't think Dixie is getting in. If she is, it's going to be a Wolf-esque situation where she's just like "Oh, here's another character that we just had some extra time to finish".
Probably. Though that could go for several characters. Chrom, Lucina, Toon Zelda, Dark Samus...
Half of these I would actually be okay with.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Dark Samus is actually a lot different from Samus than Dark Link and Pit are to their counterparts, but she's not high up on my list anyway.

YEAH, HOW DARE YOU
Shh I'm just playing it up to make him feel bad.

Actually, Dark Pit is apparently his own thing too, but Dark Link, obviously, is a little more...well, palette-swappy.
Not that I want any of them.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
You don't like an evil alien version of Samus?? I bet you're the kind of person who doesn't like Dark Link or Dark Pit either!
Shameful!
Actually, that's pretty accurate. Dark Samus is fine; it's a separate entity that does have abilities of it's own. I simply think that the character has less overall significance than Dixie, K. Rool, and Ridley...by a pretty good margin.

However, I DO have a stigma against "Dark" characters. I think it's a generally overhyped gimmick and unimaginative. For instance, I really liked the idea of Magnus as Pit's rival. He's Pit's opposite in many ways...so why did they even have to create a "Dark Pit"? In my opinion, it would have been better to just up-play Magnus' role.

The only thing I like less is "Baby" characters.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Actually, that's pretty accurate. Dark Samus is fine; it's a separate entity that does have abilities of it's own. I simply think that the character has less overall significance than Dixie, K. Rool, and Ridley...by a pretty good margin. However, I DO have a stigma against "Dark" characters. I think it's a generally overhyped gimmick and unimaginative. For instance, I really liked the idea of Magnus as Pit's rival. He's Pit's opposite in many ways...so why did they even have to create a "Dark Pit"? In my opinion, it would have been better to just up-play Magnus' role.
The only thing I like less is "Baby" characters.
I like Dark characters as a game mechanic. As an actual character, however, not as much.

However, babies are disturbing, so I hate baby characters a lot of much.
Which I why would support Stork for Yoshi's Island.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I think every character should get a "Dark" character swap! Dark Samus, Dark Link, Dark Pit, Blood Falcon, Claus, Possessed Luigi, Psychopath Jigglypuff... Yep...

AND BABY VERSIONS OF EVERY CHARACTER?
Baby Falcon Pawnchh!

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
image.jpg
So i'm not sure if this forum had touched upon this photo yet, as I wasn't a member till after this photo was revealed. But it was the Nintendog looking at the T.V. set, but zoomed in closely, a character that resembles Ness is on the screen, although, it could be a villager or Mario. However, i thought it would be interesting to show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom