• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I don't see Mewtwo on the Character Select Screen at the moment, do you? :4dedede:
The characters confirmed all last year and the year before werent playable yet either, the game wasn't out.
But they were confirmed. That's what the phrase is about, a shoo-in to be confirmed.

Semantically, Mewtwo is disqualified. He has been confirmed.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You guys just deconstructed my joke...

Who does that?

Anyways.

Here's a challege for ya.

Make a moveset (at least B moves and how they would funtion) for one of these characters.

Isaac
Chibi-Robo
Andy
Inkling
Ray Mk III
Wonder Red

It's a first party new series extravaganza!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I was getting frustrated that the conversation went on for so long, and seemed to be legitimately confusing others.

Chibi, Isaac, Bomberman.... something about SmashFlash is really nice. If it threw in Andy I'd say it hits all the most needed series. Throw in Ray MK and I'd just about keel over.

D

Deleted member

YHere's a challege for ya.

Make a moveset (at least B moves and how they would funtion) for one of these characters.

Isaac
Chibi-Robo
Andy
Inkling
Ray Mk III
Wonder Red

It's a first party new series extravaganza!
Only one question: besides Andy and Inklings, do we have proof that these characters are owned by Nintendo, not like Banjo-Kazooie ?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Only one question: besides Andy and Inklings, do we have proof that these characters are owned by Nintendo, not like Banjo-Kazooie ?
Um...

Yes we do...

Nintendo owns the rest as much as they own Pokemon.

They may share the rights but they still own it technically.

Another company would have to buy it from them to get the right to work with those series.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Um...

Yes we do...

Nintendo owns the rest as much as they own Pokemon.

They may share the rights but they still own it technically.

Another company would have to buy it from them to get the right to work with those series.
By "proof", I mean if during credits of their games the message "copyright Nintendo" thingy is mentioned

I think it is a good way to know the "right owning" thing.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Literally all of them.
Yup. The games and IPs are shared by Nintendo and the developer but the rights to the characters are owned by Nintendo.

Edit: I think I posted something incorrect before.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
You guys just deconstructed my joke...

Who does that?
Jacques Derrida~ ;3

Wonder Red
Note: All of Wonder Red's special moves can be charged to increase power, at the cost of speed. Hitting him when he's doing this will cancel the attack.

Neutral B - Unite Hand

Strikes with a mighty fist. High damage and knockback, increased massively when charged at the cost of speed.

Custom 1 - Unite Sword

Slashes with a valiant blade. Can be strung together up to four times even when charged, but it's relatively weak.

Custom 2 - Unite Claw

Cuts with beautiful claws. Can cut up to ten times in quick succession for minimal damage, can be charged to release flurries of ice blasts.

Side B - Unite Gun

Shoots energy bullets from a giant gun. Can fire up to four times for minor damage, can be charged for a huge bazooka blast that does good damage.

Custom 1 - Unite Bowgun

Launches heart-shaped arrows from a wondrous crossbow. Can fire one arrow at a time for moderate damage or charged to do linger damage.

Custom 2 - Unite Goggles

Fires powerful lasers from shiny goggles. Size and damage of laser increases as charged as follows: short-ranged sparks, long-ranged weak laser, long-ranged strong laser, long-ranged piercing laser.

Up B - Unite Whip

Lashes a thorny whip that can latch onto nearby ledges. Increases range when charged, at the cost of speed, serves as a tether grab when off-stage.

Custom 1 - Unite Drill

Dash upwards with a fabulous drill. Travels at a diagonal angle for continual damage and travels further when charged, at the cost of speed.

Custom 2 - Unify Boomerang

Spins through the skies with wondrous blades. Slices upwards for continual damage and travels further when charged, at the cost of speed.

Down B - Unite Hammer

Slams down with an earth-shattering hammer. Strikes straight ahead slowly and powerfully for immense damage and knockback.

Custom 1 - Unite Bomb

Tosses a time-slowing bomb. Releases a black hole that slows down opponents for a few seconds, size and duration increases when charged, does no damage or knockback.

Custom 2 - Unify Naginata

Creates a wall of whirling spear blades. Does continual damage and reflects projectiles, size and duration increases when charged, can't be canceled when used, can't move when used.

Final Smash - Unlimited Form

Activate Unlimited Form to increase speed, strength, defense and jump. All powers are automatically fully charged. Can still take damage and be launched. Lasts twenty seconds before returning to normal.

Does this work?

I had fun writing this~

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Jacques Derrida~ ;3

Note: All of Wonder Red's special moves can be charged to increase power, at the cost of speed. Hitting him when he's doing this will cancel the attack.

Neutral B - Unite Hand

Strikes with a mighty fist. High damage and knockback, increased massively when charged at the cost of speed.

Custom 1 - Unite Sword

Slashes with a valiant blade. Can be strung together up to four times even when charged, but it's relatively weak.

Custom 2 - Unite Claw

Cuts with beautiful claws. Can cut up to ten times in quick succession for minimal damage, can be charged to release flurries of ice blasts.

Side B - Unite Gun

Shoots energy bullets from a giant gun. Can fire up to four times for minor damage, can be charged for a huge bazooka blast that does good damage.

Custom 1 - Unite Bowgun

Launches heart-shaped arrows from a wondrous crossbow. Can fire one arrow at a time for moderate damage or charged to do linger damage.

Custom 2 - Unite Goggles

Fires powerful lasers from shiny goggles. Size and damage of laser increases as charged as follows: short-ranged sparks, long-ranged weak laser, long-ranged strong laser, long-ranged piercing laser.

Up B - Unite Whip

Lashes a thorny whip that can latch onto nearby ledges. Increases range when charged, at the cost of speed, serves as a tether grab when off-stage.

Custom 1 - Unite Drill

Dash upwards with a fabulous drill. Travels at a diagonal angle for continual damage and travels further when charged, at the cost of speed.

Spins through the skies with wondrous blades. Slices upwards for continual damage and travels further when charged, at the cost of speed.

Down B - Unite Hammer

Slams down with an earth-shattering hammer. Strikes straight ahead slowly and powerfully for immense damage and knockback.

Custom 1 - Unite Bomb

Tosses a time-slowing bomb. Releases a black hole that slows down opponents for a few seconds, size and duration increases when charged, does no damage or knockback.

Creates a wall of whirling spear blades. Does continual damage and reflects projectiles, size and duration increases when charged, can't be canceled when used, can't move when used.

Activate Unlimited Form to increase speed, strength, defense and jump. All powers are automatically fully charged. Can still take damage and be launched. Lasts twenty seconds before returning to normal.

Does this work?

I had fun writing this~
This sounds really fun. This is the kind of stuff I was hoping to see.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Jacques Derrida~ ;3

Neutral B - Unite Hand

Custom 1 - Unite Sword

Custom 2 - Unite Claw

Side B - Unite Gun

Custom 1 - Unite Bowgun

Custom 2 - Unite Goggles

Up B - Unite Whip

Custom 1 - Unite Drill

Down B - Unite Hammer

Custom 1 - Unite Bomb

Does this work?

I had fun writing this~
You sir and or madam get the "Stylish~" on the Style awards~!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Isaac
Chibi-Robo
Andy
Inkling
Ray Mk III
Wonder Red
I don't enough about any of these to do this, sadly.
Except Inkling! :D
Inklings moveset revolves around stage control via ink. Their standard moves have them use their squirt run and some melee attacks.

Entrance:
The Inkling rises out from the floor in squid form and becomes human, leaving behind a starting area of ink for them to use.

Neutral Special move: Ink Bomb:
Inkling tosses out a proximity bomb that explodes only when an enemy approaches it, and spreads ink in its place.

Side Special move: Ink Roller:
Inkling pulls out a huge Ink Roller and rolls it on the ground, leaving behind a huge trail of ink. It does little damage but covers the stage fast.

Up Special move: Squid Jump:
Inkling turns into a squid and flies upward in an arc, repeatedly damaging any who come in contact with them. If they land in a spot with no ink, this move will have huge landing lag.

Down Special move: Squid Surf:
Inkling turns into a squid and hides in their ink. In this form they move very quickly through ink. If this move is done over the stage with no ink, they will move very slow and will be vulnerable to attack. They can use Squid Jump to burst out of the ink quickly.

Final Smash: Ink Storm:
Inkling pulls out a huge bazooka and fires an ink blob that turns into a huge tornado that knocks enemies off the stage and covers it in ink.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Inklings moveset revolves around stage control via ink. Their standard moves have them use their squirt run and some melee attacks.

Entrance:
The Inkling rises out from the floor in squid form and becomes human, leaving behind a starting area of ink for them to use.

Inkling tosses out a proximity bomb that explodes only when an enemy approaches it, and spreads ink in its place.

Inkling pulls out a huge Ink Roller and rolls it on the ground, leaving behind a huge trail of ink. It does little damage but covers the stage fast.

Inkling turns into a squid and flies upward in an arc, repeatedly damaging any who come in contact with them. If they land in a spot with no ink, this move will have huge landing lag.

Inkling turns into a squid and hides in their ink. In this form they move very quickly through ink. If this move is done over the stage with no ink, they will move very slow and will be vulnerable to attack. They can use Squid Jump to burst out of the ink quickly.

Inkling pulls out a huge bazooka and fires an ink blob that turns into a huge tornado that knocks enemies off the stage and covers it in ink.
My hype for this is too hype. If there was a hype meter to messure my hype they would need, like, 7 cause I just break 1 of them trying to solo my hype

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Entrance:

Also very interesting.

The only ones left out of the ones I mentioned are...

Isaac
Andy
Chibi-Robo
Ray MK III

Any ideas people?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I have an general idea for Isaac and Andy's moveset but I don't want to actually make one without really knowing what they can do.
I'd make a Chibi-Robo moveset, but I think SSF2 beat all of us to it.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Monolith is owned wholly by Nintendo.

Camelot is not.

So Monolith is first party. Thus Xenoblade is.
Meh. A Nintendo character is still a Nintendo character, regardless of being a lesser-known second or first-party characters, which really has no effect on their chances of being in as a playable character. A lesser-known third-party character like, say, Agnes, is a whole different matter, of course.

There is a distinct lack of Bear Reps in Smash. Brash the Bear is the perfect remedy to this problem.
No, THIS is the best DK Rep!:p

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
We have too many Isaac movesets in our thread so I don't know which one to post ...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If Isaac uses a longsword and Earth magic, then I could his moveset revolving around using his Earth magci to deal damage and cover a huge range, while he uses his longsword when enemies get in his face.

Probably not how it would work, though.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
I'm really starting to think that Mewtwo DLC is all we're getting as far as DLC characters. We would've heard about more DLC coming by now.
No we wouldn't have. Mario Kart 8 DLC wasn't announced until 3 months after the game was released, and Smash DLC is much, much more complicated then Mario Kart. We probably won't hear about additional characters until a few months after Mewtwo is released. (E3 perhaps)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Inspired by a conversation my brother and I had about this very character...~

Neutral B - Infantry

Summons an Infantry unit to gun down the enemy. Appears directly ahead and fires two bullets before disappearing. Bullets do moderate damage, no knockback.

Custom 1 - Mech

Summons a Mech unit to blast away the enemy. Appears directly in front and fires a single slow-moving yet powerful rocket. Rocket does decent damage, moderate knockback.

Custom 2 - Motorbike

Summons a Motorbike unit to drive through the enemy. Appears directly in front and dashes forward, firing two bullets before disappearing. Bullets do minor damage, no knockback.

Side B - Tank

Summons a Tank unit to charge through the enemy. Drives forward through enemies and will vanish when it hits a wall or edge. Decent damage, moderate knockback.

Custom 1 - Medium Tank

Summons a Medium Tank unit to demolish the enemy. Slow and powerful, can only hit one enemy before vanishing. High damage, decent knockback.

Custom 2 - Recon

Summons a Recon unit to pierce through the enemy. Quick and agile, it will vanish when it hits a wall or edge. Minor damage, minor knockback.

Up B - Helicopter

Summons a Helicopter unit to take to the skies. Carries directly upwards before departing, can be angled slightly. No damage.

Custom 1 - Fighter

Summons a Fighter unit to fly through the skies. Carries diagonally upwards before departing, can't be angled. No damage.

Custom 2 - Jet

Summons a Jet unit to soar across the skies. Carries horizontally before departing, can't be angled. No damage.

Down B - Battleship

Summons a Battleship unit that launches a cannon blast. A reticule appears and travels forward as the attack is held, and is fired at an upward angle before landing on the ground when released. Decent damage and moderate knockback.

Custom 1 - Submarine

Summons a Submarine unit that fires a torpedo blast. A reticule appears and travels forward as the attack is held, and is fired straight ahead at a fast pace when released. Great damage and minor knockback.

Custom 2 - Cruiser

Summons a Cruiser unit that fires a rocket blast. A reticule appears and travels diagonally upwards as the attack is held, and is fired directly upwards when released. Minor damage and great knockback.

Final Smash - Victory!

Triggers a story sequence wherein the CO commands their army to capture the opponent's HQ, culminating in a devastating missile strike. Hits a single opponent for powerful damage and knockback.

D

Deleted member

I'm really starting to think that Mewtwo DLC is all we're getting as far as DLC characters. We would've heard about more DLC coming by now.
If Mewtwo is a testing ground like they claim he is, then it would be more bizarre if they had announced something, especially considering Mewtwo isn't even out yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I don't know whether or not we will see additional DLC characters beyond Mewtwo, but it's definitely way too early to say "we would have heard more by now." The game wasn't released that long ago, their first DLC character is still in development, and according to them, Mewtwo will serve as a sort of test for the potential of DLC. The fact that we haven't heard anything else is only natural, and should be expected.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I don't know whether or not we will see additional DLC characters beyond Mewtwo, but it's definitely way too early to say "we would have heard more by now." The game wasn't released that long ago, their first DLC character is still in development, and according to them, Mewtwo will serve as a sort of test for the potential of DLC. The fact that we haven't heard anything else is only natural, and should be expected.
They could just quietly work on more characters,but just not release them.

If this is real, it means that they worked on Mewtwo (the announced),but also worked on Lucas (an unannounced) Sakurai might have changed his mind after he made the "no more DLC after Mewtwo at the moment" statement.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970

If this is real, it means that they worked on Mewtwo (the announced),but also worked on Lucas (an unannounced) Sakurai might have changed his mind after he made the "no more DLC after Mewtwo at the moment" statement.
That isn't real for a plethora of reasons, not limited to Lucas being in the clone section, and even then being in the wrong place of the clone section (It's ordered chronologically like the rest of the roster) and Mewtwo having his tail behind him on the bottom screen, but lacking it in the character select screen. (Stupid mistake)

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
That isn't real for a plethora of reasons, not limited to Lucas being in the clone section, and even then being in the wrong place of the clone section (It's ordered chronologically like the rest of the roster) and Mewtwo having his tail behind him on the bottom screen, but lacking it in the character select screen. (Stupid mistake)
His head and the red bar block it.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

That's clearly fake, you know.

His head and the red bar block it.
No, they wouldn't. Not on the left side, at least. It's just missing there.

Last edited:

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Again, Mewtwo has been stated to be a test, so going by that, they won't decide what to do about DLC until after his release which could be as late as June, honestly the soonest I think we will hear of more DLC, if it gets the green light, will be summer, and the soonest we will get any more DLC will be holiday season 2015, and then hopefully followed up with more in spring 2016, like they did with Mario Kart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom