• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
"At least two new DKC installments" might not even come out before next Smash. Talk about an arbitrary quota, especially when just one new DKC is enough to prompt zealotry over what a "shoo-in" Dixie is.
Then again we had Kid Icarus Uprising. :4palutena::4darkpit:
So my reason is somewhat flawed. You are right about that.

"Exists in a new game."
Actually that's not what people say much of most of the time. I still hear people say popularity being a factor for a character to a shoo-in in most of the threads I visit here.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
General rule of thumb in Smash: don't create rules. Don't follow Sakurai's self-established rules either. Otherwise, you will be fooled, time and time again.
If we assume that, then we'll go no where in speculating and create again the disaster of what the pre-Smash 4 speculation was. :p

Most of the rules Sakurai has said in interviews have applied to many of the newcomers added in the base game. Best not to go the other route either.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If we assume that, then we'll go no where in speculating and create again the disaster of what the pre-Smash 4 speculation was. :p
Most of the rules Sakurai has said in interviews have applied to many of the newcomers added in the base game. Best not to go the other route either.
Not really. I'm referring to the "criteria" that was created during Brawl that many people cited when supporting their characters. When I know Sakurai didn't follow that nearly as closely as them, or maybe at all.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Not really. I'm referring to the "criteria" that was created during Brawl that many people cited when supporting their characters. When I know Sakurai didn't follow that nearly as closely as them, or maybe at all.
He did state that there would be a new direction for new characters added for SSB4 before the games were announced in E3 2013. In retrospect, we should have realized the criteria was different when he said that in many interviews,

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
There is a distinct lack of Bear Reps in Smash. Brash the Bear is the perfect remedy to this problem.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Going back on Sandbag as a newcomer, imagine playing Home Run Contest as it. Oh how surreal that would be.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Who is brash the bear? I'm being honest here, I really don't know who Brash the Bear is.
He's one of the Brothers Bear who challenged you to a time attack challenge in Donkey Kong Country 3. It's understandable why he's forgotten like the other bears and Kiddy Kong since DKC3 was considered the weakest of the trilogy.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, he certainly wasn't a shoo-in for the initial roster, that's for sure, despite being regarded as an absolute guarantee for the longest of time.

Oh, and don't forget Chrom. (And for that matter, every character on the Gematsu leak)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, he certainly wasn't a shoo-in for the initial roster, that's for sure, despite being regarded as an absolute guarantee for the longest of time.

Oh, and don't forget Chrom. (And for that matter, every character on the Gematsu leak)
Missing the joke bud.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Just imagine if there happened to be a contest where the winner with most votes actually was guaranteed to be in Smash.

Just think.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
What's the point?
Shoo(shoe)-in = definitely gonna happen.
Mewtwo's definitely gonna happen because we've been told he's gonna happen.

Just imagine if there happened to be a contest where the winner with most votes actually was guaranteed to be in Smash.

Just think.
Goku could have a pretty unique moveset. :4dedede:

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Just think.
Considering the winner of such a contest would likely have been Mewtwo anyway, it probably wouldn't have changed too much.

Missing the joke bud.
You never let me have any fun... :sadeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom