• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
In resume, we need underage female blue haired swordsmen mages tactician Lords...
Which is pretty much female body type 1 Robin with blue hair with the right equipment minus the Lord part.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
In resume, we need underage female blue haired swordsmen mages tactician Lords...
Which is pretty much female body type 1 Robin with blue hair with the right equipment minus the Lord part.
Can she have twintails? She'd be kawaii as hell. :p

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Definitely Hector; he is man personified. :p That and we sort of need an older gentleman in SSB.

Or Cervantes and his glorious walrus beard.
Alright, we've addressed the healers, we've addressed the lords, we've addressed the tacticians, we've addressed the big bad bruisers, we gave a small nod to the dancers.

Mamkutes or Laguz ? Probably not since transforming characters are all gone now.

D

Deleted member

I know that Mewtwo blows the "Trophies =/= DLC" theory out of the water, but a lack of a few certain trophies has me curious....
I mean, we got a bunch of Other M trophies, but none of them are of Anthony?
We get trophies of Magolor, the Lor Starcutter, and even Galacta Knight, but no Waddle Dee?

I know Melee has at least one example of a missing trophy that makes no sense (Diddy Kong), but did Brawl have any examples of this?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I know that Mewtwo blows the "Trophies =/= DLC" theory out of the water, but a lack of a few certain trophies has me curious....
We get trophies of Magolor, the Lor Starcutter, and even Galacta Knight, but no Waddle Dee?

I know Melee has at least one example of a missing trophy that makes no sense (Diddy Kong), but did Brawl have any examples of this?
Roy comes to mind, and to add more salt to the wound, he was considered for Brawl like Mewtwo and still didn't get one.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Paula and Poo don't have trophies, but Jeff has one (well, maybe this is because he is an AT).
The Striker Daisy trophy instead of a normal Daisy trophy.
The Falco (Command) trophy inclusion, but the lack of, for example, Fox (Command).
The inclusion of the Baby Mario and Baby Peach trophies with the lack of Baby Luigi trophy.
Tiny and Lanky trophies, but no Chunky trophy.
Etc.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Hey, it was worth hoping for some Donkey Kong stuff besides the bare minimum. ****ing Gogoat, should have been Rambi...
Yeah, I'm still waiting for some decent DK music.

But, about Golden's question.
I don't know, I just think trophies are pretty random and that the lack of some of them means nothing, sadly.

D

Deleted member

Roy comes to mind, and to add more salt to the wound, he was considered for Brawl like Mewtwo and still didn't get one.
Brawl's trophies reused models from existing non-Smash games if the models weren't made for Brawl itself.
Roy didn't have any model outside of Melee, same with Dr. Mario (until Dr. Mario Online Rx, which came out after) who was also planned for Brawl and didn't make it.

Paula and Poo don't have trophies, but Jeff has one (well, maybe this is because he is an AT).
Jeff was an AT and Paula and Poo did not have models from their game to use.

The Striker Daisy trophy instead of a normal Daisy trophy.
A better example, but not quite the same as Diddy completely lacking a trophy in Melee while K. Rool and Dixie had one and my previous examples of Anthony and Waddle Dee.

The Striker Daisy trophy is treated as Daisy's trophy in general, just like her Tennis and Baseball trophies in 3DS and Wii U, respectively.

The Falco (Command) trophy inclusion, but the lack of, for example, Fox (Command).
Honestly, the trophies themselves don't really make sense other than for filler purposes considering they're extraneous trophies for characters that have trophies already. Wolf not having an Assault trophy and Fox, Wolf, and every other Star Fox character other than Falco not having a Command trophy doesn't really come up as an issue.

The inclusion of the Baby Mario and Baby Peach trophies with the lack of Baby Luigi trophy.
Probably the strongest example here, though it can probably be explained by Baby Peach being one of the babies that can ride Yoshi in Yoshi's Island DS while Baby Luigi isn't, since the Yoshi trophies are limited to just Yoshi, his Final Smash, Baby Mario, and Baby Peach in Brawl and focus on the Yoshi sub-series as opposed to appearances outside it.

It could be argued that since Baby Luigi is typically the one who needs rescuing that he should've got a trophy, though. *shrugs*

Tiny and Lanky trophies, but no Chunky trophy.
Tiny and Lanky have models from Barrel Blast to use. Chunky does not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
1. That's because Adam Malkovich, not Anthony would be the third metroid representative.
2. Kirby doesn't need four reps.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Definitely Hector; he is man personified. :p That and we sort of need an older gentleman in SSB.

Or Cervantes and his glorious walrus beard.
Or adult Isaac :p

He obviously doesn't fit into FE but does have an awesome beard, and badass powers.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
1. Opinion.
2. Opinion.
No, Anthony Higgs is not as important to Metroid as Adam Malkovich is.

Adam- 2 games
Anthony- 1 game

And for the second one, I just know you too well as a bandana Dee propaganda boy. I didnt say Kirby doesn't deserve a fourth rep, I just said it's not needed. I actually wouldn't mind Bandana Dee, but I don't think he has enough moveset potential going for him. If his spear were like the Monado, Krystal's staff, or like Samus' arm cannon, then maybe, but it's just a plain ordinary everyday spear, so no.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Adam- 2 games
Anthony- 1 game

And for the second one, I just know you too well as a bandana Dee propaganda boy. I actually wouldn't mind Bandana Dee, but I don't think he has enough moveset potential going for him. If his spear were like the Monado, Krystal's staff, or like Samus' arm cannon, then maybe, but it's just a plain ordinary everyday spear, so no.
Toad- like 100 games
Rosalina- like 8 games?

Seriously?

"And for the second one, I just know you too well as a bandana Dee propaganda boy. I actually wouldn't mind Bandana Dee, but I don't think he has enough moveset potential going for him. If his spear were like the Monado, Krystal's staff, or like Samus' arm cannon, then maybe, but it's just a plain ordinary everyday spear, so no."

That's your opinion.
You are not Sakurai.

D

Deleted member

1. That's because Adam Malkovich, not Anthony would be the third metroid representative.
2. Kirby doesn't need four reps.
I'm going to humor you and act like I'm taking you seriously.

You actually believe that Anthony and Waddle Dee are missing trophies because "Adam would be the third Metroid character" (which would not be the case) and because "Kirby doesn't need four characters"?
Let me repeat that.

Anthony Higgs, despite being one of the major elements of Other M, is excluded from being a trophy simply because Adam would be a character in Smash before him. And yet trophies of MB, Madeleine, Ridley's pre-evolved states, and a few bosses and enemies are acceptable?
Waddle Dee, despite being an important aspect of Return to Dream Land, is excluded from being a trophy because Kirby doesn't need a 4th character. So why do Magolor and Galacta Knight have trophies?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Toad- like 100 games
Rosalina- like 8 games?

Seriously?

"And for the second one, I just know you too well as a bandana Dee propaganda boy. I actually wouldn't mind Bandana Dee, but I don't think he has enough moveset potential going for him. If his spear were like the Monado, Krystal's staff, or like Samus' arm cannon, then maybe, but it's just a plain ordinary everyday spear, so no."

That's your opinion.
You are not Sakurai.
I don't doubt that a Toad will get his/her chance someday, whether it's Toadsworth, Captain Toad, or Toadette. The question isn't "Will toad ever happen?" it's more "When?" Just like when we finally got multiple representatives for Kirby in Brawl.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970

Adam- 2 games
Anthony- 1 game
This is rather pointless as neither of them are even remotely important to the franchise as a whole, however, Adam is dead. If he appears in another game it will (Probably) be as a computer like he was in Fusion. Anthony however is still alive, and was just about the only well received character to come out of Other M. He has a fairly decent shot of returning in a future game.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Why are we talking about that pile of waifu garbage Other M? Nothing from Other M should be in this game character wise.

I refuse to get 100% trophies because of Adam Buttface

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why are we talking about that pile of waifu garbage Other M? Nothing from Other M should be in this game character wise.

You have issues if you're serious.

It's a game. Might as well look at the positives. It's not the game who must not be named or anything.

It's just a bad game and the waifu thing you're talking about is actually a cultural dissonance.

Other M is plagued by bad writing and sloppy dialogue but its not sexist any more than any other Nintendo game is.

And Awakening is the waifu/husbands thing. Not Other M.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
You have issues if you're serious.

It's a game. Might as well look at the positives. It's not the game who must not be named or anything.

It's just a bad game and the waifu thing you're talking about is actually a cultural dissonance.

Other M is plagued by bad writing and sloppy dialogue but its not sexist any more than any other Nintendo game is.

And Awakening is the waifu/husbands thing. Not Other M.
The reason I say "waifu" when talking about that game is because, well, of this

Samus's love for "the Baby"

The co-creator removed all of the prime games so he could have his own personal story with Samus

and wrost of all

Other M

M Other

Mother

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
The reason I say "waifu" when talking about that game is because, well, of this

Samus's love for "the Baby"

The co-creator removed all of the prime games so he could have his own personal story with Samus

and wrost of all

Other M

M Other

Mother
The things you are complaining about in of themselves aren't terrible, Samus caring for the baby and the mother symbolism aren't necessarily bad things, but the way they were carried out was atrocious.

Also this:
http://moonbase.rydia.net/mental/blog/gaming/metroid-other-m-the-elephant/article.html

I'd personally prefer Nintendo to sweep Other M under the rug, but if there was any good thing to come out of Other M it was Anthony. I'd be perfectly fine with him appearing in future installments, and would only be slightly miffed if he got in as Smash DLC/Smash 6 before Ridley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom