• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
She can be both. Smash is full of composite characters. Pilots aren't restricted from using staffs. Combat-wise, which is the focus of Smash, she's most associated with her staff.

I didn't ask if you saw reason for Sakurai to add Krystal, nor did I touch on her chances. I said if he did.
And no, that isn't the sole reason for making her unique. How about the fact that she has potential none of the other SF characters have and potential none of the existing characters in general have? That's what Sakurai looks for, according to him.

Comparing an existing character added as originally a clone is not the same as a character added with the initial intent to be unique. And the staff is associated with Krystal more than any other method of grounded combat. I assume you're suggesting she use... what? The Assault weapons? Those, first off, are also only in one game. Second, the other characters use them, that makes them less associated solely with Krystal. Sure, Fox uses the staff, but it's Krystal's staff. You're saying she should limit the thing she's closest associated with from one game, and the rest of her moveset be comprised of things from... solely another game that is associated with every character, and capable of use by every character. That doesn't make a lot of sense. Sakurai looks for individuality when making movesets... not something three characters and two semi-clones who people want to see be diversified could already do.

And not closely associated with her enough? Because it's from one game? Sheik was from one game and became HER OWN CHARACTER as part of Zelda. Never mind that Zelda herself only took from one game.

You're suggesting Krystal use material from her games that the other SF characters also use in the games. It could work, but limiting the staff to one move while focusing on standard SF attacks any of them would be capable of? That's uniqueness taking away from the character. If the staff takes up the majority of the moveset, unless we get another staff wielder who uses it in the same way as Krystal, that's adding to the uniqueness of the character. You're pretty much saying giving Krystal moves shared between all the SF characters in their games makes her more unique.

Sakurai adds two kinds of characters: original ones and ones based off existing ones. In this conversation we're assuming Krystal would be an original one. When adding original characters, Sakurai looks for what sets them apart, and highlights that. What sets Krystal apart is her staff.

If you didn't split up my posts into partial sentences you'd see we're talking about the hypothetical situation in which she's original Noah, not cloned.

I don't recall you ever being the only one to "realize" something before it happened, and if you'd like to prove otherwise, I'm more than willing to listen. Maybe you think you're the only one who comes up with stuff simply because you don't realize you share the general opinion, such as when you claimed Sakurai followed your prediction for Little Mac's moveset, which was pretty much the general prediction for Mac's moveset. What is this pattern?

If you don't see how you being the only one claiming something doesn't exactly make it credible... I honestly have nothing to say.

Not if you're going to assume your single opinion is more valid than that of the majority, no.

Well that's good to know, considering we were talking about the importance of a character who would get in solely due to popularity should he ever be included.

She received a huge amount of attention compared to any character who wasn't Fox, including the other Star Fox members, which is not the case in later titles. It's not the actions of the role nearly as much as the importance and attention given to it that defines its size, and hers was second to Fox.

And maybe check your numbers again, Adventures was the best selling of the three.

You're under the assumption Krystal can't both primarily use her staff and share moves with Fox? Ofc she could. The staff has a shield which could be used as a reflector, the staff can propel her upwards. Also, I hope these 9 characters don't involve cloned or semi-cloned ones, because we're not talking about clones here. Just because the staff is her main weapon doesn't mean nothing from Assault would be included, like I said, Smash has composite characters. The thing is though... she only demonstrates non-vehicular combat in two games... and you want to relegate one of them, the one she demonstrates individuality and unique potential solely to a single move and have the majority of her moveset comprised of things Sakurai could just further luigify one of the two semi-clones with. In no way is that close to what Sakurai does with original characters. He doesn't focus on what makes them similar, he focuses on what makes them different, even if there is a shared move here or there - which usually only happens when there is a lack of material to draw from or characters share the same integral and iconic moves, which Krystal doesn't.
I've already debunked this repeatedly.

So if you want to continue this I'd rather you repost this through a PM so as to avoid this thread going through the same conversation over and over again and getting questions from people who clearly weren't following along with either of us.

That and I keep better track of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I posted this post on another thread but it got closed for some reason. Anyways, I guess i'll just post it here.

@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy Keep in mind that i'm not against the inclusion of any of these characters. These are just my predictions as to who might not make the cut for SSB4. Hell, i'd love to see Snake return to SSB4.

Here are my predictions as to who's not making it into SSB4.

Ike: His game was almost 10 years ago. I figured that he made it into Brawl since he was the popular Fire Emblem character at the time but that has since changed. I would be surprised to see him again in SSB4.

Snake: Excluding that one 3DS game, Snake hasn't appeared in a Nintendo console for quite some time now. This and the fact that Sakurai doesn't want a lot of third party characters also lessens his chance due to the popular inclusion of Megaman and the returning Sonic.

R.O.B: I think he was a one time only deal. It was just Nintendo's way to showcase the history of the NES. Would be surprised to see him return.

Lucas: The hype for Mother 3 has fizzled out since Brawl's release. I don't think Lucas will end up in SSB4 mainly due to the fact that the Mother franchise isn't really active anymore. Ness is the only lock when it comes to Mother related characters.

Kanto Pokemon Trainer: I do believe that a Pokemon Trainer will be playable in SSB4 but not the Kanto one. I think Nintendo is going to roll with a more recent trainer from the Unova/Kalos region and they will use PKMN from one of the 2 regions. That's just my guess.

Ganondorf (possibly): He hasn't appeared in a Nintendo game (excluding Brawl) since 2006. Sure, he was in ALBW but not in the main villain role. I could see him not returning to SSB4 but given the fact that he was present in Melee and Brawl, I wouldn't could him out just yet.

So who do you see not returning to SSB4?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Snake: Excluding that one 3DS game, Snake hasn't appeared in a Nintendo console for quite some time now. This and the fact that Sakurai doesn't want a lot of third party characters also lessens his chance due to the popular inclusion of Megaman and the returning Sonic.

Ganondorf (possibly): He hasn't appeared in a Nintendo game (excluding Brawl) since 2006. Sure, he was in ALBW but not in the main villain role. I could see him not returning to SSB4 but given the fact that he was present in Melee and Brawl, I wouldn't could him out just yet.

First things first, Snake isn't going anywhere, but I'm tired of explaining this so please refer to this post.

Second, you think Ganondorf would ever get cut? That's just insane.

There is a very high probability that no one will be cut, especially because "they haven't appeared recently." Sakurai doesn't make cuts for the sake of making cuts.

?????????????

Smash Master
I posted this post on another thread but it got closed for some reason. Anyways, I guess i'll just post it here.

Actually, I think most if not all characters will return. Mind if I challenge your ideas a bit?

Ike: Ike has become one of the most recognized and referenced Fire Emblem characters. Frankly, if Lucario has returned, I don't see why Ike shouldn't be in a similar boat.

Snake: As you say, Sakurai dictates who the third party characters are. That being the case, I find it strange that he would turn away Snake, the very first 3rd Party Character he allowed in SSB in the first place.

ROB: We have never seen a character representing their own franchise get cut before. Not to say it couldn't happen, but if Mr. G&W didn't get cut between Melee and Brawl, I don't see why that makes ROB such as likely cut.

Lucas: Lucas is the main protagonist of the latest MOTHER game. Given that he was intended to replace Ness entirely back in Melee, I don't think being cut is near guarantee.

Kanto Pokemon Trainer: This Trainer was picked above more recent Trainers in Brawl. Why would that change now?

Ganondorf: This is the main villain of the Zelda series. Besides that, they're already referencing Ocarina of Time 3D in the 3DS version of the game with Gerudo Valley as a stage.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Here's a question...am I the only one who thinks R.O.B. could use a new Final Smash? I know the Diffusion Beam is far from being a bad final smash, in fact it's actually one of the better ones, but I just don't feel random lasers really feels true to ROB, so I thought of one better, It's called "Stack-Up".

Basically ROB disappears and a giant ROB appears in the background, who will begin stacking giant blocks on to the stage that will crush oppponents and deal high amounts of damage. After a few seconds the giant ROB will disappear and Normal ROB will appear back on the stage. Any thoughts?

andimidna

Smash Master
You've also got a few that I'll gladly take.
0. Snake
  1. King K. Rool
  2. Ridley
  3. Krystal
  4. Takamaru
  5. Lip
  6. Decloned Ganondorf
  7. Pac-Man
  8. Mewtwo
  9. Palutena
  10. Roy Shulk
Honorable mentions to Banjo and Rayman, who would both be above even K. Rool if they actually had a chance.
That's funny, if I'd kept going I would have had #11 Mewtwo, #12 Ridley, #13 Shulk, #14 Pac Man, #15 Cranky Kong
Hooray for liking some of the same characters! :o

I love Bandana Dee because I love Kirby games and I love Waddle Dees.
It's not that hard to understand XD

And also... I never said something bad about Ghirahim's role or uniqueness, I only said he is unlikely...
Oh, ok. That's all fair.
I just think people give too much credit to the likelihood of the toon characters (ToonZelda/Tetra, Tingle, Vaati)
And not enough credit to the non-toon characters (Ghirahim, Midna, Impa)

Any Impa debates took place in my absence?
Other than mentioning her right now?...
I think I mentioned her once another time, but other than that, hopefully no.
Impa debates are dangerous...

Is anybody optimistic about possibly getting something good tomorrow? Diddy? A nice looking HD stage perhaps?

On a side note, I may change my profile picture to a different Booker I found. You'll all have to give feedback considering everybody gets upset when I get rid of Booker.
I like Ike, and Radiant Dawn's anniv. is Saturday. I'm hoping he'll show up. Paving the way for some FE newcomers later!

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Let's talk about gen 3 Pokemon Trainer as a second Trainer.
View attachment 8913
This one in case you're wondering which. Could it happen on a 45 slot roster? Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken?

@ Rebellious Treecko Rebellious Treecko : That's right...what if all your dreams came true? ^
So I come back here and find out that I was randomly tagged. Still don't get the tagging system, but whatever.

Um.

I wouldn't mind too much. It's the ideal combination.
However, If I had my way, I'd have the Grovyle from PMD2 as a character.

Two Grovyles would be redundant, so May/Brendan's Pokemon would be Treecko, Marshtomp, and Blaziken instead.

I know it's not the ideal choice, but there's no point of having a generic Grvoyle* when there's already one with more personality in as a fighter.

Between the two choices, a Grovyle as part of a Hoenn Trainer's Pokemon is much more likely.

*Keeping that accidental typo in for no reason.

-----

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy Keep in mind that i'm not against the inclusion of any of these characters. These are just my predictions as to who might not make the cut for SSB4. Hell, i'd love to see Snake return to SSB4.

Ike: His game was almost 10 years ago. I figured that he made it into Brawl since he was the popular Fire Emblem character at the time but that has since changed. I would be surprised to see him again in SSB4.

R.O.B: I think he was a one time only deal. It was just Nintendo's way to showcase the history of the NES. Would be surprised to see him return.

Lucas: The hype for Mother 3 has fizzled out since Brawl's release. I don't think Lucas will end up in SSB4 mainly due to the fact that the Mother franchise isn't really active anymore. Ness is the only lock when it comes to Mother related characters.

Kanto Pokemon Trainer: I do believe that a Pokemon Trainer will be playable in SSB4 but not the Kanto one. I think Nintendo is going to roll with a more recent trainer from the Unova/Kalos region and they will use PKMN from one of the 2 regions. That's just my guess.

Well, let's see if I can keep this short and sweet...

Ike: Radiant Dawn was about 7 years ago. And aside from Awakening (where he does get a little reference), those games are the most recent Fire Emblem games. I don't think it's necessary to cut him out.

Snake: Snake didn't appear on a lot of Nintendo consoles before Brawl, either. I think if he made it into the game once, he can certainly do it again.

R.O.B: I don't think the history of the NES has become any less important over the years.

Lucas: Even if the Mother series is inactive, its games still left quite an impact, and Lucas is the main protagonist of the latest installment. But I will say he's probably among the more likely to be cut due to time constraints.

Kanto Trainer: I don't see why they would "update" the trainer. Think about this: why did they add in the original Pokemon Trainer when he wasn't the latest Pokemon Trainer? That would have been the fourth generation trainer. I think it says a lot that we saw the original over the latest then, and I don't see why that would change.

Ganondorf: He's still the overall main antagonist of the Zelda series, and has at least been referenced and acknowledged as such even when he hasn't directly appeared (Skyward Sword). That, and when he was initially added in Melee, he hadn't appeared in the latest game, Majora's Mask. He's also already been in two Smash games in a row, so it's be pretty odd to take him out at this point.

EDIT: Well, looks like Pizzadudemanguy beat me to it...

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I just think people give too much credit to the likelihood of the toon characters (ToonZelda/Tetra, Tingle, Vaati)
And not enough credit to the non-toon characters (Ghirahim, Midna, Impa)
I think there's a good reason for that...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Keep in mind popularity does account for the inclusion of some characters, and Ike in particular has become a huge fan favorite. Sakurai has once even stated that they understand every character has their own share of fans and won't cut them for the sake of having cuts.

Snake can return just as easily as Sonic. Heck, he was the first third party character ever introduced into Smash, he opened the door for both Sonic and Mega Man. The reason Snake was added was due to Hideo Kojima, the creator of Metal Gear, asking for Snake to be included. Kojima happens to be a good friend of Sakurai's as well. If Kojima wanted Snake in once, I don't see why he wouldn't want Snake to return.

In a similar regard, Mr. Game & Watch was Nintendo's way to showcase the history of and numerous games on the Game & Watch system, and he returned in Brawl easily.

Ganondorf is the main antagonist of Zelda and a fan favorite. Again, recency is not nearly enough to keep a character from returning.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
First things first, Snake isn't going anywhere, but I'm tired of explaining this so please refer to this post.

Second, you think Ganondorf would ever get cut? That's just insane.

There is a very high probability that no one will be cut, especially because "they haven't appeared recently." Sakurai doesn't make cuts for the sake of making cuts.
Well I know that i'm no stooge for sure :laugh:! I'm just guessing that he won't make it due to Sakurai's stance on too many 3rd party characters. if he's in, then that's great! I loved playing him as Brawl.

As for Ganondorf, it's a long shot. The fact that he was present in Melee and Brawl probably gives his spot some security. It's just that he's been so inactive in Nintendo games as of late so who knows?

A character not making a recent appreance does play in to there chances of not making the roster. Roy was most likely cut due to his game being dated. I can assume something similar may happen with Ike.

Character cuts are inevitable. It happened in Brawl and it will most likely happen again in SSB4.

@SaturnGamer64

They were already cut from Brawl lol. Unless you were being sarcastic.

Last edited:

Gune

Smash Lord

Dunno duncare I just want my boy ness.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well I know that i'm no stooge for sure! I'm just guessing that he won't make it due to Sakurai's stance on too many 3rd party characters. if he's in, then that's great! I loved playing him as Brawl.

As for Ganondorf, it's a long shot. The fact that he was present in Melee and Brawl probably gives his spot some security. It's just that he's been so inactive in Nintendo games as of late so who knows?

A character not making a recent appreance does play in to there chances of not making the roster. Roy was most likely cut due to his game being dated. I can assume something similar may happen with Ike.
Except, Roy is the main protagonist of only one Fire Emblem game. Ganondorf on the other hand, is the main antagonist of several Zelda games, and the series as a whole as well.

Another thing I should note: Marth is pretty much Fire Emblem's mascot, but isn't the main protagonist of Fire Emblem: Awakening, the most recent Fire Emblem game, and yet he returned.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Character cuts are inevitable. It happened in Brawl and it will most likely happen again in SSB4.
See, this is where you are wrong, you should probably check your information before saying things.

The only character purposely cut was Pichu, Young Link was replaced with Toon Link. Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario were planned to return but didn't make it due to time constraints (caused by Sonic). Inactivity means absolutely nothing, or have you forgotten the retro characters? Particularly in the case of Ganondorf, as he's the main antagonist of Zelda. Cuts are not inevitable, Sakurai has stated that he hates cuts, and that no cuts have been made so far, so everyone will be returning unless time constraints come up again, and unless another Sonic comes out of nowhere, that won't happen this time. Plus Brawl was the only case of cuts so far, how does a single time mean that it's going to happen again? Two times is barely a pattern, but just once? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I think no cuts is the most likely option.
I hate when people use "well there was cuts from Melee to Brawl" and an article where Sakurai explains some characters might not return due to time but he'll try adding them, as evidence for cuts.
I especially hate when people bring up Mewtwo and Roy when talking about cuts for Smash 4.
Pichu was intended to be an underdog and was terrible on purpose, Sakurai thought people would like the concept of an underdog character, they didn't. That was an obvious cut.
Young Link was also one of the many last minute clones added in Melee, although... he's literally the same person as OoT Link, who was also playable. Even though Zelda and Sheik were in one slot with 2 movesets... Link was on 2 slots with 1 moveset, I found this very awkward... yet of course Sakurai just had to return the weird concept of 2 Links... making half of the Zelda slots clones again, but at least in Brawl and Smash 4 they aren't literally the same person.
These were the obvious cuts, and well... I'd consider Dr. Mario an obvious cut too... but for some reason even HE was intended to return in Brawl. Him and Mewtwo were cut because of time constraints. The only character I could've seen get removed is Toon Link... but he returned already. I honestly think he was the most likely cut, and still do, which means I now think there will be no cuts by default.
Ike is the FE rep of the West. We only have 1 game for every other lord, and 2 for Ike, nuff and Marth is the only other lord with multiple games... not much more needs to be said.
If Ganondorf was going to be cut, why Twilight Princess designs? I like to think these are Zelda U designs, but since that's not confirmed yet.... If Ganondorf was to be cut, we'd see SS Link and Zelda.

Wolf is a villain, we leik villains. Wolf just needs to be Falco'd, and Falco just needs to be Falco'd some more.

Lucas is still the main protagonist of the most recent Mother game, so there is nobody to replace him, and I don't see a character being removed without any sort of replacement and having that just be OK.
ROB has a unique moveset. Nuff said.
Kanto Pokemon Trainer... well I actually have a unique idea for him, but nobody likes it but me :(
Snake... watch out... pizzadudemanguy is gonna get you...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Actually, I think most if not all characters will return. Mind if I challenge your ideas a bit?

Ike: Ike has become one of the most recognized and referenced Fire Emblem characters. Frankly, if Lucario has returned, I don't see why Ike shouldn't be in a similar boat.

Snake: As you say, Sakurai dictates who the third party characters are. That being the case, I find it strange that he would turn away Snake, the very first 3rd Party Character he allowed in SSB in the first place.

ROB: We have never seen a character representing their own franchise get cut before. Not to say it couldn't happen, but if Mr. G&W didn't get cut between Melee and Brawl, I don't see why that makes ROB such as likely cut.

Lucas: Lucas is the main protagonist of the latest MOTHER game. Given that he was intended to replace Ness entirely back in Melee, I don't think being cut is near guarantee.

Kanto Pokemon Trainer: This Trainer was picked above more recent Trainers in Brawl. Why would that change now?

Ganondorf: This is the main villain of the Zelda series. Besides that, they're already referencing Ocarina of Time 3D in the 3DS version of the game with Gerudo Valley as a stage.
- I believe the title of most recognized FE character goes to Marth lol. He's been the poster boy for that franchise so only he is a lock (and already confirmed) for SSB4.

- I'd say Snake's chances of being in SSB4 are better than the rest of this list. After all, he and the creator of Metal Gear are good friends so that increases his chances of making it in.

- IDK, he just seems like one of the more "prone to be cut" type of characters. I would be surprised if he makes it in to SSB4.

- That was back before Melee. things changed. Ness is the poster boy for Earthbound related games in Smash. That being said, the series probably needs a 2nd representative so him being cut is iffy.

- Nintendo might want to showcase the newer generation of Pokemon over the older ones. That's just my guess. I personally prefer the older Pokemon to the newer ones so if he remains, that would be just fine.

- I'm thinking Nintendo would go with someone newer like Ghirahim from Skyward Sword. I suppose Ganondorf is an established veteran in Smash so he probably has a good chance of making it in.

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman

I am really hoping you are wrong if Ganondorf gets cut for not being in any recent games then going by that logic King K Rool won't be in the game either so you better be wrong or all my hopes and dreams will be destroyed

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
@ pikachugamer21 pikachugamer21 I'm hoping he returns as well lol. He was one of my top secondaries in Melee.

Anyways, changing gears. This is a list of people that I want to be included to SSB4.

Waluigi: One of the Mario series most underrated character. He needs to appear.

Chunky Kong: Would be a pretty neat DK rep. I think he fits in to Smash fairly well.

Young Link: Maybe not as a standout character. Have him be an alternate costume for Toon Link. #makeithappenSakurai

Ghirahim: The newer more reconizable Zelda villian. Could easily have a great moveset.

Mewtwo: One of the most requested characters to return to Smash. I feel he'll defiantly get in to SSB4.

Black Shadow: A 2nd rep for F-Zero

Lyn: A female FE rep. She's popular due to being the first FE character to be shown in North America.

Roy: Maybe as an alt for Marth? Pretty please?

Issac/Felix: Would love for Golden Sun to have a playable rep in Smash.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
...Isn't it strange to be okay with cutting Ganondorf and Ike for lack of recency, but advocate for adding Black Shadow and Chunky Kong?

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
@ pikachugamer21 pikachugamer21 I'm hoping he returns as well lol. He was one of my top secondaries in Melee.

Anyways, changing gears. This is a list of people that I want to be included to SSB4.

Chunky Kong: Would be a pretty neat DK rep. I think he fits in to Smash fairly well.

Young Link: Maybe not as a standout character. Have him be an alternate costume for Toon Link. #makeithappenSakurai

Ghirahim: The newer more reconizable Zelda villian. Could easily have a great moveset.

Lyn: A female FE rep. She's popular due to being the first FE character to be shown in North America.

Waluigi: YES

Chunky Kong: I dunno. Donkey Kong characters are cool though.

Young Link: Instead of Pichu?

Ghirahim: He's cool but I'm pretty sure there aren't going to be cuts.

Black Shadow: Samurai Goroh

Lyn: Would be cool but I like Tiki and Anna better.

Roy: Yes please.

Isaac/Felix: Isaac is pretty likely for the "other" rep. But Ray...

Welcome to Smashboards. You'll be glad you didn't join GameFAQs or whatever.

...Isn't it strange to be okay with cutting Ganondorf and Ike for lack of recency, but advocate for adding Black Shadow and Chunky Kong?
Those were the characters he wants. Not a prediction.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well to be fair, the F-Zero series has never had a 2nd rep and the DK series has only had 2 reps. Not to mention there hasn't been a lot of games for either of the two for awhile.

And i'd love for Ganondorf to come back. I just don't see it as a lock though.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Dixie and Cranky?
Dixie would be somewhat too similar to Diddy IMO. And Cranky...well I don't think he fits well in Smash.

I think Chunky would be a better rep for DK in smash (at least in my opinion).

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Dixie would be somewhat too similar to Diddy IMO. And Cranky...well I don't think he fits well in Smash.

Technically almost anyone can fit well in Smash considering Captain Falcon had no unique moves. And Sakurai will probably make them fit well anyway.

Cranky has potions, barrels, and cane attacks. Tell me what Chunky can do.

andimidna

Smash Master

Mewtwo: One of the most requested characters to return to Smash. I feel he'll defiantly get in to SSB4.

Waluigi: A 6th Mario rep that has been in 0 canon games. He has done nothing notable, and for doing nothing and still having a fanbase, I'd dare call him overrated. Underrated character usually aren't seen as good candidates anyways. I don't see him fitting with the current Mario cast.

Chunky Kong: Why Chunky? Here's how I rate DK character's likelihood:
1. Dixie (TF's 3rd character)
2. K Rool (main villain with a lack of recent roles)
3. Cranky (TF's 4th character)
4. None (I doubt there will be none, but these are the 3 likely options)
5. Funky (MKWii and SMS, one of the less important characters to actually get in spinoffs, is in TF as a storekeeper)
6. Tiny (SMS, female)
7. Kritter (SMS, villain, MSC, lack of recent roles)
8. Kiddy (was theorized to be the 4th TF character and earned popularity because of the speculation, but no real reason to be added)
9. Chunky (the 5th Kong in an old game)
10. DK Jr (NES Remix game)
11. Wrinkly (female, no other reason)
12. Candy (female, no other reason)
Reasons get a lot harder as you go down the line of obscurity. And going past this would be difficult.
Chunky's cool, but he isn't the most popular, recent, or habe the most moveset potential. Not a villain or a female... but I think it's neat to see him getting remembered.

Young Link: As an alt you say? Sure, that sounds great. ALttP Link was a color for Toon Link in Brawl I think.

Ghirahim: I'd love this.

Mewtwo: of course!

Black Shadow: I feel pretty confident he'd be a clone of Brawl Captain Falcon or Brawl Ganondorf. Sakurai Goroh seems more likely, but I'm not too sure about F-Zero reps, I'm not knowledgeable on F-Zero.

Lyn: I love Lyn. But her game was before Brawl, and there are so many new characters that have beaten her popularity because of Awakening. Her game was the most popular for a while... but Awakening beat it and is the most recent too, I think we should expect something from Awakening instead.

Roy: Alt for Marth? Hmm... idk.

Isaac/Felix: Golden Sun rep:
1. Isaac
2. Matthew
3. Felix
4. Jenna

So I'd go with Isaac, and I think he has a 50/50 shot. Maybe, maybe not. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

So, those are my opinions, but I feel like making a roster, so I'll post one here with our character ideas. And I'll make sure to remove who you removed too (gonna be a small roster)

?????????????

Smash Master

Lanky would be pretty fun too with his ability to stretch.

As for characters I myself would like to see...I like Paper Mario, K. Rool, Tetra, Ridley, Hades, Krystal, Meowth, Mewtwo, Takamaru, Chrom, Isaac, and Shulk.

Little Mac was my most wanted character, but now he's been added!

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Technically almost anyone can fit well in Smash considering Captain Falcon had no unique moves. And Sakurai will probably make them fit well anyway.

Cranky has potions, barrels, and cane attacks. Tell me what Chunky can do.
Well he did have a bunch of moves from DK64 (i.e. Giant Punch and stuff). His final smash could be him getting bigger and everyone that comes in to contact with him gets damaged a lot or something.

@ ????????????? ????????????? I almost forgot about Lanky. He would be a good choice as well.

Paper Mario sounds like a good fit. Meowth was supposed to be in SSB64 so I hear but was cut. Would be cool if he somehow made it into a future Smash game.

Last edited:

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Well he did have a bunch of moves from DK64 (i.e. Giant Punch and stuff). His final smash could be him getting bigger and everyone that comes in to contact with him gets damaged a lot or something.

@ ????????????? ????????????? I almost forgot about Lanky. He would be a good choice as well.

Paper Mario sounds like a good fit. Meowth was supposed to be in SSB64 so I hear but was cut. Would be cool if he somehow made it into a future Smash game.
I'm pretty sure it wasn't Meowth because he was too hard to make with polygons or something and Jiggz was much easier. It's a shame.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi: A 6th Mario rep that has been in 0 canon games. He has done nothing notable, and for doing nothing and still having a fanbase, I'd dare call him overrated. Underrated character usually aren't seen as good candidates anyways. I don't see him fitting with the current Mario cast.
A character's popularity doesn't rely on whether the games they appear in are canon or not. Simply their characteristics in design and concept. He's just popular. Not overrated by any means of the word.

andimidna

Smash Master

I was just about to ask if you had 3 more characters you wanted, because I'm making you a roster and there was no way to shape it w/o 3 blank spaces, OK... I'll post it in a sec.

A character's popularity doesn't rely on whether the games they appear in are canon or not. Simply their characteristics in design and concept. He's just popular. Not overrated by any means of the word.
I think it would be awkward having Wario and Waluigi represent different series.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
I like Waluigi in the games he's in because of his ridiculous design and comic hilarity, plus he's usually pretty good; bombs in Mario Kart, being an awesome pitcher in baseball, and a good defender in tennis.

But I've never been interested in seeing him playable in SSB. Sure, he's funny, but he just looks like an entirely excessive character even in the Mario franchise to me, with an abundance of other characters that have more significant roles. I also don't see what he could add that other Mario characters couldn't do better or are already doing.

...But that's always been my opinion on Waluigi.

andimidna

Smash Master

SMX Roster Roster.png

Here's your roster, 'cause I'm bored!
Tell me if I you don't like something, or if I forgot something.
EDIT: or even if you just want a different icon for a character. And if you've already been to the Roster Maker thread, disregard my post

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom