• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
There are actually a number of things going on tomorrow. Tropical Freeze's release in NA being one of them. It's also the anniversary of the Japanese release of Star Fox SNES, AND it's also the anniversary of the Japanese release of the original Famicom Legend of Zelda.
Triple reveal of Diddy, Falco, and Ganondorf confirmed.

So, no Fire Emblem, no Krystal, no Ganondorf, no love, no life, no Ridley or K. Rool. Getting strung out on topics here, so Lip then?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
We're going to get all the reveals tomorrow!!!

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned that the WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING banner hasn't gone away on the smash site. I don't think that necessarily means anything, but... yeah. Seems like people normally bring it up.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I can almost guarantee you that Mario will not get ANOTHER newcomer. Bowser getting changed was because he was crap in both games he showed up in, and he needed to be redone. Not some ploy for Bowser Jr. to get in.
this

only way i see mario getting a newcomer is paper mario or the "spinoffs"

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well, now that I think about it, with Tropical Freeze releasing over a week ago in Japan (Which is why I say said Nintendo Direct delivered a heavy blow to Dixie's chances) we're probably not going to get a Diddy release tomorrow...and I think that it'll just be a stage at best. However, I do think we may see a character next week to round out the month, which could end up being either Diddy or someone completely random.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Is it wrong that I'm still looking out for Bowser Jr.?
No. I don't mean it like that. But there is a clean cut difference between supporting and expecting.

@ Hotfeet444 Hotfeet444 that's actually true. We haven't gotten a veteran for the month, so it's either tomorrow or next week that we're getting something. Hmmmm...

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, now that I think about it, with Tropical Freeze releasing over a week ago in Japan (Which is why I say said Nintendo Direct delivered a heavy blow to Dixie's chances) we're probably not going to get a Diddy release tomorrow...and I think that it'll just be a stage at best. However, I do think we may see a character next week to round out the month, which could end up being either Diddy or someone completely random.
My top 6 choices :

1.Diddy
2.Wario
3.Game and Watch
4.Ness
5.ROB
6.Cpt.Falcon

I didn't put Yoshi because March 14th.

andimidna

Smash Master
I "insulted" Ghirahim because you insulted Bandana Dee.

Also, you called Bandana Dee lame, that's an insult and your opinion.
I called Ghirahim unlikely, that is not an insult ,and is also the truth.
He's just a generic orange circle with eyes... but ok.
Ghirahim was a pretty intriguing villain, and he actually did things.

What made you love Waddle Dee so much, I'm so confused by this...
Not trying to be offensive... I just don't understand what made you so attached to him.
Yeah well, Nintendo's "official" heights aren't much to go by at all, they're really skewed compared to the in-game models. I mean, Link comes up to just under Ganondorf's shoulders in Brawl, but he only comes up to his crotch in Twilight Princess. Even just a head or so taller would look better.
[collapse=]
[/collapse]
Woah... Midna's a lot shorter than I thought!
And Ganondorf is a lot taller than I thought he'd be... that's a pretty neat size comparison.
Tiki SHOULD happen, Tiki is a character whose reputation in the Fire Emblem series dwarfs all the possible newcomers as well as Ike. She's tied with Marth for appearing in the most Fire Emblem titles (At five in total) and is much more unique overall than practically any of the possible Fire Emblem newcomers. But no, because she's not a lord she can't get any recognition whatsoever...and that's quite sad to be honest. :c

And going off a patter made by someone like Sakurai...HAH! Nobody can easily predict Sakurai like that. :p
Yes! And I thought she had been in more games than Marth. Marth was in FE1, FE3, Shadow Dragon, and Awakening as DLC... what's the last?
I really want to play as a Manakete, and I think she's the only possible one...
Smash Bros can never have enough dragons.
There will always need to be more dragons.
Always.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
We're going to get all the reveals tomorrow!!!

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned that the WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING banner hasn't gone away on the smash site. I don't think that necessarily means anything, but... yeah. Seems like people normally bring it up.
The banners gone? Hmm.. Here we go again then. :O

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
No. I don't mean it like that. But there is a clean cut difference between supporting and expecting.
Perhaps. I just know that Bowser Jr. could potentially offer his own unique mechanic while utilizing his magic brush; I've brought it up before. But the main issue pretty much comes when people think about the paintbrush being used too much like a sword.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
No, the banner is still there. However that doesn't mean there can't be a new reveal. I think it could be argued it's more likely in a lot of situations for a new reveal to happen when it gets taken down.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
My top 6 choices :

1.Diddy
2.Wario
3.Game and Watch
4.Ness
5.ROB
6.Cpt.Falcon

I didn't put Yoshi because March 14th.
I don't know about Wario...Wario for some reason seems to click best with the long awaited release of Mario Kart 8. I wouldn't mind seeing Game & Watch though, he's always fun to watch and I'd like to see how Sakurai could up the expressions G&W gives, as his were some of the most priceless in Brawl...even when he's almost got no face. :p

Espio264

Smash Ace
Here's a nugget of speculation:

Dedede: Friday the 10th of Jan (6 weeks ago)
Lucario: Friday the 31st of Jan (3 weeks ago)
Little Mac: Friday the 14th of Feb (1 week ago)

Tomorrow's Friday. It's been a boringish week. Reveal Imminent?

Though it is Sakurai. So... Game & Watch on Monday.

Also, you guys are right. Xenoblade is beautiful.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Tomorrow? How about Falco? Seeing as the anniversary of the original Star Fox is tomorrow, I don't see why not.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's either gonna be Diddy, some info on a move, or just something pretty much pointless and insignificant. Those are my bets.

As for a Mario newcomer, it's extremely unlikely at this point. I simply can't see such a big franchise getting two new additions.

If we do get another Mario newcomer, it probably be someone who would be an easy semi-clone like Dr. Mario, though I would think he would have changed at least a little bit from Melee.

Bowser Jr. could also be a clone, but due to their differences physically and in fighting tactics, I don't see that as being very likely either.

Overall, a second Mario newcomer is extremely unlikely.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Also, you guys are right. Xenoblade is beautiful.
This guy gets it. I think if more people saw the possibilities of what can come from that game, that they would be a lot more open to Shulk and other stuff that can come from it. It really is great.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Here's a nugget of speculation:

Tomorrow's Friday. It's been a boringish week. Reveal Imminent?
There was a new item.
There was the quote "Smash isn't always true up to scale"
And we got a 3DS Stage update.

I think our week is fine.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
No, the banner is still there. However that doesn't mean there can't be a new reveal. I think it could be argued it's more likely in a lot of situations for a new reveal to happen when it gets taken down.
I dunno dude. I remember back in October after Sonic was revealed that banner went down and everyone was like "oh man, character incoming" and it turned out we didn't see anything until the absolutely random reveal of Marth in November.... I love it when Sakurai is random like that. Wish he'd do that more.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Perhaps. I just know that Bowser Jr. could potentially offer his own unique mechanic while utilizing his magic brush; I've brought it up before. But the main issue pretty much comes when people think about the paintbrush being used too much like a sword.
Well, I have no doubt that Bowser Jr. could be a unique and very fun character. I was sort of looking forward to a paint brush based moveset back when Jr. was considered the most likely Mario rep. But at this point, since we already have Rosalina, AND with all the talk of limiting the roster size, I rather doubt that they'll add another Mario character this time around. Seems a bit excessive when they're plenty of other characters and series that deserve some attention as well.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Tomorrow? How about Falco? Seeing as the anniversary of the original Star Fox is tomorrow, I don't see why not.
Because I want it so bad. That's why not. We can't have the things that I want.

JGL cast as the new Batman. Nope.
The Civil Wars to stay together. Nope.
Carrie Underwood not to marry that other dude and run away with me. Not a chance.

Falco's the man. We'll have to wait. But if he is announced tomorrow, you can have all my tear stained cookies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well,if Diddy isn't coming,nor Falco,Star Fox Stage reveal?
That's always a possibility, seeing as the Mario Galaxy stage was revealed to represent the anniversary of Super Mario Galaxy, though the confirmation was made after the game's anniversary in Japan.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
If the past anniversaries say anything, anniversaries don't always equal character reveals.
Weren't both Peach's and Little Mac's reveals part of an anniversary reveal?

Yes! And I thought she had been in more games than Marth. Marth was in FE1, FE3, Shadow Dragon, and Awakening as DLC... what's the last?
I really want to play as a Manakete, and I think she's the only possible one...
Smash Bros can never have enough dragons.
There will always need to be more dragons.
Always.
She was also in the remake of the third Fire Emblem, which was a Japanese only game and where Marth got his design from for this Smash Bros. Also, not sure if you saw this but:

I made the design of Tiki being accompanied by an ethereal form of her Dragonstone spirit. Now that I think about it, this style has a serious Jojo-esque style to it. :p

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also, I still want Diddy to be revealed as soon as possible so the Diddy+Dixie thing can hopefully die out for good.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I want to try something.

A game where someone chooses their ten most wanted newcomers, and someone has to pick two of them and make their own list.
Just for a bit.

1. Ghirahim
2. Lucina
3. Midna
4. Paper Mario
5. Plusle & Minun
6. Yuga
7. Tabuu
8. Dimentio
9. Jill Valentine
10. Nightmare (Soulcalibur)

Is this OK?
I'm just going to go off yours instead of refreshing to see how many have been done :p
And I'll take 3 instead of 2 :o

1. Midna and Wolf Link
2. Palutena
3. Anna and Tiki
4. Chrom and Lucina
5. Dixie Kong
6. Bayonetta
7. Ghirahim or Impa
8. Krystal
9. Lip or Takamaru (or both)
10. Captain Syrup

Espio264

Smash Ace

She was also in the remake of the third Fire Emblem, which was a Japanese only game and where Marth got his design from for this Smash Bros. Also, not sure if you saw this but:

I made the design of Tiki being accompanied by an ethereal form of her Dragonstone spirit. Now that I think about it, this style has a serious Jojo-esque style to it. :p
Would you hit me if I said I like your fluffy Charizard?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Lucario was also revealed for Brawl's anniversary IIRC. (which is something that I'm pretty sure no one around here predicted)

Anniversaries have only coincided with reveals a small handful of times, usually reveals coincide with game release dates, or sometimes even nothing. Something Starfox related is possible, but not something I would count on.

andimidna

Smash Master

Wow! I like all of the shading! :bee:
And being able to be portrayed in a Jojo-esque style seems to be an important requirement this time around, so she's got that going for her!
Are you going to make a moveset for her :o

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Wow! I like all of the shading! :bee:
And being able to be portrayed in a Jojo-esque style seems to be an important requirement this time around, so she's got that going for her!
Are you going to make a moveset for her :o
I will sometime in the future, seeing as I made a design for Mother Brain and made a moveset for it as well. But I already have the specials and Final Smash down pat.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
1. Midna and Wolf Link
2. Palutena
3. Anna and Tiki
4. Chrom and Lucina
5. Dixie Kong
6. Bayonetta
7. Ghirahim or Impa
8. Krystal
9. Lip or Takamaru (or both)
10. Captain Syrup
You've also got a few that I'll gladly take.
0. Snake
  1. King K. Rool
  2. Ridley
  3. Krystal
  4. Takamaru
  5. Lip
  6. Decloned Ganondorf
  7. Pac-Man
  8. Mewtwo
  9. Palutena
  10. Roy Shulk
Honorable mentions to Banjo and Rayman, who would both be above even K. Rool if they actually had a chance.

Espio264

Smash Ace
No, but the artist who drew what I based it on probably would. :p

I just used Nowi's dragon design for the drawing as both her and Tiki's designs look almost identical save for color. :p
Well see, now it looks like a scaly Leafeon.

Either way, I like your art, I like his art, and I need to get back to my own art.

And for the sake of discussion, FALCO IS THE MAN.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
He's just a generic orange circle with eyes... but ok.
Ghirahim was a pretty intriguing villain, and he actually did things.

What made you love Waddle Dee so much, I'm so confused by this...
Not trying to be offensive... I just don't understand what made you so attached to him.
I love Bandana Dee because I love Kirby games and I love Waddle Dees.
It's not that hard to understand XD

And also... I never said something bad about Ghirahim's role or uniqueness, I only said he is unlikely...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom