• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
Not necessarily. They're still using the TP artstyle, she still has some popularity, and she's really, really unique, which is something Sakurai is huge on this time. It could happen. I would say she's on par with Ghirahim.

Here you go. A probable roster with all the good newcomers replaced with lame ones.
:laugh:Thanks!
Tingle, Pacman, Miis, yup.
But you forgot to replace Ridley with Anthony, and Palutena with Eggplant Wizard :awesome:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm not surprised that actual undeniable evidence is being dismissed by bias based on no evidence. Guess there's no point trying to convince people otherwise. I'm not saying you can't have faith that a character won't be a clone, and I'm sure exceptions CAN happen. But, at least base it on SOMETHING if you're gonna argue to the death about it, people. Especially when you're proposing that something that's never happened is going to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
:laugh:Thanks!
Tingle, Pacman, Miis, yup.
But you forgot to replace Ridley with Anthony, and Palutena with Eggplant Wizard :awesome:
I didn't want it to cross into joke post territory.
People actually ask for these guys.

Well then my vote is for Leif if is true that he can use the three main type of weapons, he could bring a lot to the table with great moveset potential and type of fighting switching between axes, swords and lances.
.n_n.
Wait, you mean, for SSb4?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Oh, I think there are some xenoblazes people who flat out hate Chrom... but I guess that is mostly based on disliking support for him.
I've met some really arrogant supporters of Chrom before, so yes I dislike the support he has.
@ FlareHabanero FlareHabanero
I feel like in Japanese media boldness/brashness is the primary sign of a good leader, even if it isn't realistic. "I've got the willpower, I can't be defeated! ... SPIN ON!"
Still no excuse to just simply ignore character development.

Beside, Fire Emblem games when localized overhaul the script to begin with, so that point should be irrelevant to begin with.

andimidna

Smash Master
So... looks like a lot of people are saying Robin is the only FE character in existence that can possibly be unique... Discuss mah girl Tiki:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I've met some really arrogant supporters of Chrom before, so yes I dislike the support he has.
I pretty much hate any supporters of overly similar characters. Because the supporters are in denial that they would ever even be considered a semi-clone. Which is just all of the sudden unheard of in the Smash universe because the first couple reveals are completely unique characters...just like every other Smash installment...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So... looks like a lot of people are saying Robin is the only FE character in existence that can possibly be unique... Discuss mah girl Tiki:

Not going to happen.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I want to try something.

A game where someone chooses their ten most wanted newcomers, and someone has to pick two of them and make their own list.
Just for a bit.

1. Ghirahim
2. Lucina
3. Midna
4. Paper Mario
5. Plusle & Minun
6. Yuga
7. Tabuu
8. Dimentio
9. Jill Valentine
10. Nightmare (Soulcalibur)

Is this OK?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion

Still no excuse to just simply ignore character development.

Beside, Fire Emblem games when localized overhaul the script to begin with, so that point should be irrelevant to begin with.
Oh, does FE drastically change character representations in localization? Interesting. Though, of course, they can't change the course of the story, really.

It's a decently good excuse for character development not meeting your expectations... I mean, Japanese game made by Japanese people for the Japanese culture? If the audience wants a game with simple character quirks, unrealistic wartime representation, and otherwise Anime-ish characters, that's what we're gonna get.
(on the whole I don't actually feel like Chrom is any more or less "good" character than any other FE character when it comes to characterization/writing/personality)

Edit: @Ken, that game seems like it'd be enough of a thing to warrant its own thread. Could be interesting.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Actually, when we take a look at his comparison to Samus, Ganondorf being 7'6" and Samus being 6'3", it's not really that far off.
Yeah well, Nintendo's "official" heights aren't much to go by at all, they're really skewed compared to the in-game models. I mean, Link comes up to just under Ganondorf's shoulders in Brawl, but he only comes up to his crotch in Twilight Princess. Even just a head or so taller would look better.
[collapse=]
[/collapse]

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Not necessarily. They're still using the TP artstyle, she still has some popularity, and she's really, really unique, which is something Sakurai is huge on this time. It could happen. I would say she's on par with Ghirahim.
And do you think that's something good? XD

Here you go. A probable roster with all the good newcomers replaced with lame ones.
So...Bandana Dee is lame?
I officially hate you.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Saturn...

I don't mean to bring ya down or anything like that but... Didn't you use to support Ninten and Metal Mario?
Yes. But, I don't see how that's relevant now. In fact I still technically support them as requests. Why? (actually I use to support Samurai Goroh as a unique character not too long ago before I discovered the clone pattern)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Tiki SHOULD happen, Tiki is a character whose reputation in the Fire Emblem series dwarfs all the possible newcomers as well as Ike. She's tied with Marth for appearing in the most Fire Emblem titles (At five in total) and is much more unique overall than practically any of the possible Fire Emblem newcomers. But no, because she's not a lord she can't get any recognition whatsoever...and that's quite sad to be honest. :c

And going off a patter made by someone like Sakurai...HAH! Nobody can easily predict Sakurai like that. :p

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Yeah, I definitely associate Krystal more with the Starfox Adventures character than her appearances afterwards. It was her entry into the series, and I don't see why she would get associated with the things that make her the same as other SF characters instead of what makes her different.

...:(
The cat's toooo Biggggg. Haha, he's actually really freaky looking. I would have never guessed that he was a cat.
And, as always, I refuse to acknowledge Sonic side characters until they add a pangolin.

La la laaaa why the frig won't Sonic let me in, I'm like the only creature in the world that actually moves around by rolling, laaaaaaa.
I mean the game has you play as krystal for like the first hour, its clearly her most iconic entry because you find out why she is special and how awesome her staff was (even though I really want a game that focuses on her lost homeworld and family, hell we dont even know her last name)

josh bones

Smash Lord
...:(
The cat's toooo Biggggg. Haha, he's actually really freaky looking. I would have never guessed that he was a cat.
And, as always, I refuse to acknowledge Sonic side characters until they add a pangolin.
Big is the main character of sonic and everyone knows that, sonic getting in over twice is a disgrace

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'd love to have Tiki in the game, she's a good character with some good potential to add to the game.

Oh, does FE drastically change character representations in localization? Interesting. Though, of course, they can't change the course of the story, really.
Depends on the character, some like Henry and Gregor got a lot of character changes while those like Robin are relatively the same aside from a few dialogue lines.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
And do you think that's something good? XD

So...Bandana Dee is lame?
I officially hate you.

I don't find Ghirahim likely. I'm far too pessimistic to expect anything I want.
Also, you can't insult me about Ghirahim and then immediately get upset about me not liking Bandana Dee.
Not how this works.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I mean the game has you play as krystal for like the first hour, its clearly her most iconic entry because you find out why she is special and how awesome her staff was (even though I really want a game that focuses on her lost homeworld and family, hell we dont even know her last name)
As far as she goes for me, I think: 1. Staff, 2. Psychic.
I'd definitely like to see a Star Fox game that lets you learn more about the characters themselves, investigate sidequests and the such. Yeah... basically a space-anthro Mass Effect with sweet starship combat.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Clearly his most iconic entry

Also I don't recall us every figuring out why Krystal was so special or anything about her besides she was an unreliable guardian of Dinosaurs.

Her staff is cool...but, ya know what else is cool?
ICE CREAM!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't find Ghirahim likely. I'm far too pessimistic to expect anything I want.
Also, you can't insult me about Ghirahim and then immediately get upset about me not liking Bandana Dee.
Not how this works.
I "insulted" Ghirahim because you insulted Bandana Dee.

Also, you called Bandana Dee lame, that's an insult and your opinion.
I called Ghirahim unlikely, that is not an insult ,and is also the truth.

Last edited:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Does anyone have a new topic? Because it's this ignorance that caused the last thread to be locked, and I'm not interested in sitting through inane dribble for the next hour. :glare:

Seriously people, this ain't entertaining, it ain't worth our time, it ain't fun.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Does anyone have a new topic? Because it's this ignorance that caused the last thread to be locked, and I'm not interested in sitting through inane dribble for the next hour. :glare:
We could always talk about Ganondorf. Or Lip. Anything but Fire Emblem.

[collapse=]Also, if you would kindly get this message across to Saturn for me (don't tell him I said it, lest he ignores it), if he believes so adamantly in a "clone pattern," then he better prepare himself for Krystal, because we've gotten one Star Fox character per game, you know, a pattern. :troll: [/collapse]

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I "insulted" Ghirahim because you insulted Bandana Dee.

Also, you called Bandana Dee lame, that's an insult and your opinion.
I called Ghirahim unlikely, that is not an insult ,and is also the truth.
You also added an "XD" emote suggesting you were mocking me. If you just wanted to say "Ghirahim is unlikely" you could have just said it. Or better yet, not, because I already know.
And btw I put him on there as a joke. Frankly, I didn't even know you were here.

What are you referring to specifically? Krystal? In which case, yes, let's change...
...back to Lucina!! Jk.

We should officially discourage talk of Mii, Pacman, and Krystal.

A serious topic?

meself said:
I want to try something.

A game where someone chooses their ten most wanted newcomers, and someone has to pick two of them and make their own list.
Just for a bit.

1. Ghirahim
2. Lucina
3. Midna
4. Paper Mario
5. Plusle & Minun
6. Yuga
7. Tabuu
8. Dimentio
9. Jill Valentine
10. Nightmare (Soulcalibur)

Is this OK?

Last edited:

Shotguner159

Smash Apprentice
Tiki would be very cool, but I personally think she doesn't have a chance in making it, even though he fire-based dragon powers would be cool to see in Smash.
Wouldn't Tiki use ice over fire, seeing as that's what she used back in FE3, and what she uses in Awakening?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Let's talk about gen 3 Pokemon Trainer as a second Trainer.
upload_2014-2-20_19-52-29.jpeg

This one in case you're wondering which. Could it happen on a 45 slot roster? Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken?

@Rebellious Treecko: That's right...what if all your dreams came true? ^

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
You also added an "XD" emote suggesting you were mocking me. If you just wanted to say "Ghirahim is unlikely" you could have just said it. Or better yet, not, because I already know.
And btw I put him on there as a joke. Frankly, I didn't even know you were here.
If someone posts the words Bandana Dee or an image of him in a thread, I will be there :evil:

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master

Also I don't recall us every figuring out why Krystal was so special or anything about her besides she was an unreliable guardian of Dinosaurs.

ICE CREAM!
Her family on her home planet was eradicated by someone (still unknown) so she went hunting to find out who did it to make them pay, she received a distress signal from dinosaur planet and went to investigate, it was a ruse created by general scales who in turn was being controlled by (SPOILER), (Spoiler) lured her into a trap to use either her specific powers or her races powers since she was the last of her kind inside a krystal to help have a power source to trap the krazoa spirits so (Spoiler) can (spoiler).

Anyways your banjo comparison is foolish as 1 it was a kart game and 2 banjo had clearly not been developed as a character, Banjo Kazooie was originally called Project Dream and was going to be a game with pirates, some assets remained like clanker, and a level was reused in DK 64, and the main pirate was in banjo tooie as a callback.. Anyway the point is thats a terrible comparison, and now you are informed on what was special about krystal in that game and the reason you start out playing as her.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
What are you referring to specifically? Krystal? In which case, yes, let's change...
...back to Lucina!! Jk.

We should officially discourage talk of Mii, Pacman, and Krystal.

A serious topic?
I was referring to the stupid talk of Krystal ever ending up a clone, which is ALWAYS brought up whenever someone mentions or supports Krystal, and I don't feel like putting up with it. Even Pac-Man talk would be better, hell, even FIRE EMBLEM TALK would be better at this point. It's nothing more than an opinion at this point, and saying it's anything but is just obnoxious. :glare:

In other words, go for Lucina talk, it's a hell of a step in the right direction. :p

We could always talk about Ganondorf. Or Lip. Anything but Fire Emblem.

[collapse=]Also, if you would kindly get this message across to Saturn for me (don't tell him I said it, lest he ignores it), if he believes so adamantly in a "clone pattern," then he better prepare himself for Krystal, because we've gotten one Star Fox character per game, you know, a pattern. :troll: [/collapse]
Ganondorf just leads to talk of how he shouldn't use a sword and brute strength is part of his character more than anything, Lip is an alright discussion and you know how Fire Emblem is...which is why I support Tiki. :p

And yeah, if that pattern holds true, it will be Krystal and she WILL be a staff fighter...it's basically how Rosalina uses things she's associated with but never uses in-game, the Staff is owned by Krystal.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Let's talk about gen 3 Pokemon Trainer.
View attachment 8913
This one in case you're wondering which. Could it happen on a 45 slot roster? Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken?
That is one attractive 10 year old.

Joking aside, May as a Trainer would kill three birds with one stone. Mudkip (memetic) Grovyle (Mystery Dungeon) Blaziken (super popular).

It'll never happen with 45 characters though...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

ICE CREAM!
That's a mismatch if I can put my two cents in here. People don't say that Krystal is most iconic with the staff because it's her first game. They say that because it was her most unique role before becoming nothing more than the new member of Star Fox.

Listen, I think Krystal is lame, and I don't think she's getting in Smash Bros., but the difference here is that Banjo made a name for himself in his own series rather than Diddy Kong Racing. Krystal is known for her appearances in Star Fox, but the most popular appearance is Adventures.

All I have to say with Krystal, is that if she ISN'T going to use her staff, then she simply isn't going to get in to Smash Bros. Period. There is no excuse for Star Fox to have 3 semi clones of the same character. That's overkill and improper for a series the size of Star Fox.

Yeah, I'm biased, but I actually used to support Krystal. Now I don't.

EDIT: Also, another Pokemon Trainer is basically not going to happen. I can almost guarantee that.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
That's a mismatch if I can put my two cents in here. People don't say that Krystal is most iconic with the staff because it's her first game. They say that because it was her most unique role before becoming nothing more than the new member of Star Fox.

Listen, I think Krystal is lame, and I don't think she's getting in Smash Bros., but the difference here is that Banjo made a name for himself in his own series rather than Diddy Kong Racing. Krystal is known for her appearances in Star Fox, but the most popular appearance is Adventures.

All I have to say with Krystal, is that if she ISN'T going to use her staff, then she simply isn't going to get in to Smash Bros. Period. There is no excuse for Star Fox to have 3 semi clones of the same character. That's overkill and improper for a series the size of Star Fox.

Yeah, I'm biased, but I actually used to support Krystal. Now I don't.

EDIT: Also, another Pokemon Trainer is basically not going to happen. I can almost guarantee that.
Most popular, yes. But, I wouldn't say it's her most well known appearance.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I was referring to the stupid talk of Krystal ever ending up a clone, which is ALWAYS brought up whenever someone mentions or supports Krystal, and I don't feel like putting up with it. Even Pac-Man talk would be better, hell, even FIRE EMBLEM TALK would be better at this point. It's nothing more than an opinion at this point, and saying it's anything but is just obnoxious. :glare:
In other words, go for Lucina talk, it's a hell of a step in the right direction. :p
YAY! I'll just quote myself:

"I think Lucina has more potential to be unique than Chrom.

Firstly, Chrom is somewhat meant to be a fusion of elements of Marth and other FE lords (since Awakening is reinventing the series), while Lucina, while bearing a Marth disguise, has a unique backstory and motives from Marth.

I also think that her standard moves would be different too, due to the unique way she wields her sword. Her specials could be based off
of different Skills from Awakening, for example, as dashing stab based on Luna.

The biggest thing, however, is the Marth disguise. I think that having the ability to swap between normal Lucina and disguised Lucina, each with unique sword attacks and properties, would be really cool and would represent the "stance character" everyone talks about.

And she's female! Girl power!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom