• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
In terms of DLC, I see Wolf, Lucas, Dixie as the most likely. Not sure about the rest. Would love K. Rool more than anything, but Dixie seems more likely at the moment.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
In terms of DLC, I see Wolf, Lucas, Dixie as the most likely. Not sure about the rest. Would love K. Rool more than anything, but Dixie seems more likely at the moment.
I dunno. The only thing Dixie really has over K. Rool is Tropical Freeze, K. Rool wins out in every other area (popularity, iconic status as main DK villain, originality, first DLC character picked was the most popular and most wanted overall). I'd honestly like both, and most seem to think Dixie is more likely, but I honestly think K. Rool is ahead at this point ever so slightly.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I dunno. The only thing Dixie really has over K. Rool is Tropical Freeze, K. Rool wins out in every other area (popularity, iconic status as main DK villain, originality, first DLC character picked was the most popular and most wanted overall). I'd honestly like both, and most seem to think Dixie is more likely, but I honestly think K. Rool is ahead at this point ever so slightly.
I think the 'flavor of the month' tone this game seems to have pushes the chips in Dixie's favor. I still would very much like her inclusion mind you, I'd just like Rool's more.

Forgot mention Isaac. I think he's a possibility, especially since his Assist Trophy is still MIA.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
There's definitely not an obvious winner here. On one hand, Dixie seems more likely at first glance due to being popular, important, and having a prominent role in a very recent and successful Donkey Kong game. And frankly, I think that does make her quite likely as far as DLC characters go. On the other hand, K. Rool is even more popular, has more overt potential as a Smash character than Dixie, and while he hasn't appeared in a Donkey Kong game in awhile, his importance to the series as a whole is undeniable (his trophy in Smash even outright refers to him as the Bowser of the Donkey Kong series). K. Rool has always been one of the most popular Smash requests, and considering that the first DLC character was literally THE most popular Smash request, it bodes well for K. Rool.

At this point, with so little knowledge on how DLC characters are chosen, it's difficult to label one as more likely than the other. But personally, I think both have a fair chance, and at least one of them is likely going to make it in. Either way, both would be fantastic choices for the roster.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There's definitely not an obvious winner here. On one hand, Dixie seems more likely at first glance due to being popular, important, and having a prominent role in a very recent and successful Donkey Kong game. And frankly, I think that does make her quite likely as far as DLC characters go. On the other hand, K. Rool is even more popular, has more overt potential as a Smash character than Dixie, and while he hasn't appeared in a Donkey Kong game in awhile, his importance to the series as a whole is undeniable (his trophy in Smash even outright refers to him as the Bowser of the Donkey Kong series). K. Rool has always been one of the most popular Smash requests, and considering that the first DLC character was literally THE most popular Smash request, it bodes well for K. Rool.

At this point, with so little knowledge on how DLC characters are chosen, it's difficult to label one as more likely than the other. But personally, I think both have a fair chance, and at least one of them is likely going to make it in. Either way, both would be fantastic choices for the roster.
I do agree. The two of them are very close, I just think K. Rool has a slight edge. Ideally we'd get both in the same pack. K. Rool is more iconic to Nintendo that Dixie and more popular, but Dixie is also an extremely iconic character in her own right. And its not like I hate Dixie or anything. She's my favorite DK character, with K. Rool my second. I just want K. Rool more for Smash because he is more iconic than Dixie and I feel he deserves it ever so slightly more, but in an ideal situation, we'd get both of them.

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
Dixie seems more probable. Afterall she was going to be in Brawl, meaning Sakurai would probably consider her over any other DK newcomers. Would love to see both K. Rool & Dixie though.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Dixie seems more probable. Afterall she was going to be in Brawl, meaning Sakurai would probably consider her over any other DK newcomers. Would love to see both K. Rool & Dixie though.
True, but she was going to be a partner for Diddy, ala Ice Climbers. So it's hard to say what that could mean.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
True, but she was going to be a partner for Diddy, ala Ice Climbers. So it's hard to say what that could mean.
This is the big problem. She was planned in Brawl... as a partner for Diddy. She's the ONLY character in the Forbidden 7 who we know the role for. When Dixie was planned as a partner for Diddy, that was when she was going to be playable. As her own character, though, although she does have a unique mechanic, she still looks similar to Diddy, and her role in the DK franchise is not as big as K. Rool's.

As a huge Dixie fan myself, I know how hard it was seeing Dixie absent for about 8 years following DKL3.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Yeah, we know Sakurai considered Dixie as a partner for Diddy but now that that's no longer going to happen it could have completely changed things. We actually know nothing about how Dixie and K Rool compare individually in Sakurai's eyes.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
You know, considering that Blaziken already has an in-game role in Smash, I wonder if there will be any Pokemon DLC character to promote Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah, we know Sakurai considered Dixie as a partner for Diddy but now that that's no longer going to happen it could have completely changed things. We actually know nothing about how Dixie and K Rool compare individually in Sakurai's eyes.
You bring up a valid point, actually. What if Sakurai doesn't think she is worth adding alone?
That right there would make King K. Rool more likely, would it not?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
We won't see the Duck Hunt trailer tomorrow unless the Climbers are good to go. I'm 99% sure they will be in that trailer.
Care to explain this statement?

You know, considering that Blaziken already has an in-game role in Smash, I wonder if there will be any Pokemon DLC character to promote Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire?
I doubt it. Maybe a new stage...? Pokémon already has a good amount of reps. (Not saying that it can't take more)

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Sceptile would tie in with ORAS quite nicely. It would complete the trifecta and we would have representation from almost every gen. But alas DLC chars take a bit of time to create, and we already have Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
We already have more than enough Pokémon characters in Smash. Funny how people complain about a certain franchise having 3 reps but still want 20 Pokémon reps.

D

Deleted member

It's gonna be Swampert since he's a bro.

(But seriously, Mewtwo's probably the only Pokémon DLC.)

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
We already have more than enough Pokémon characters in Smash. Funny how people complain about a certain franchise having 3 reps but still want 20 Pokémon reps.
But bias though. Out of like 700 pokes we only get like 5. :troll: I'm not advocating for Sceptile, just saying that it would tie in nicely. Now characters I would advocate for are
Impa
Bayonetta
Wonder Red
Krystal over Wolf

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sceptile would tie in with ORAS quite nicely. It would complete the trifecta and we would have representation from almost every gen. But alas DLC chars take a bit of time to create, and we already have Mewtwo.
If they choose a G3 Pokemon as DLC for that reason it should be Grovyle, not Sceptile.
Grovyle looks cooler, and in Smash stats don't matter, so there's literally no reason not to choose him.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
If they choose a G3 Pokemon as DLC for that reason it should be Grovyle, not Sceptile.
Grovyle looks cooler, and in Smash stats don't matter, so there's literally no reason not to choose him.
@Rebellious Treecko pls. Grovyle does look cool, but personally I prefer Sceptile. I wouldn't mind Grovyle at all though if there was a chance.
:4falco::falco::falcomelee:

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
@Rebellious Treecko pls. Grovyle does look cool, but personally I prefer Sceptile. I wouldn't mind Grovyle at all though if there was a chance.
:4falco::falco::falcomelee:
Well, it's less preference and more that Grovyle actually has some importance outside of the main games (Mystery Dungeon) which would (hypothetically) put him over Sceptile who is pretty much known just as his evolution.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

If not on the stats side (which, as you pointed out, don't matter), I love the simpler design.

But I'll just take Mewtwo for now.

D

Deleted member

I swear, if DH's trailer shows the Ice Climbers being shot down, I'm going to laugh so damn hard.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
:c

Anyway, Pokémon reps? After Mewtwo I think the cast of Pokémon is perfect and complete.
So how about Star Fox Zelda reps? Midna/Wolf Link combo would be the most unique, but I'm all for Impa.
What would you guys think of costume DLC? Like 2 new alts to even it out to ten, or am I getting too greedy?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom