• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Not really. Lana has more of a chance of coming back, but only because there's a high likelihood of future Hyrule Warriors games, especially if HW sells quite well (and so far it has exceeded expectations). Geno has no chance of ever appearing in a game again. So in a sense, she's in a better situation. SLIGHTLY better.

Not everyone. A lot of people legitimately think that because Cranky appeared as a playable character in ONE DK platformer after years of being an NPC throughout the DKC games, that he's extremely likely to be chosen as a playable character when as a whole he's far more interesting as an NPC than he is playable. Honestly, Cranky loses his charm being made playable, because his charm was in him complaining to you and saying how he'd always be able to beat the game in a flash.
Geno actually have HUGE chance of appearing in a game again http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/08/13/where-mario-luigi-dream-team-and-super-mario-rpg-collide IGN interviewed a couple of Alphadream execs who helped make Mario & Luigi: Dream Team who elaborated on the proper way to go about giving Geno and Mallow minor roles in future RPG games.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
StarFox could get two DLC characters just fine. Miyamoto has already said that 2015 is the year of StarFox, so it's not just the revival of the franchise or the new game, it's a triple threat.
Just because it's a year of Star Fox, that doesn't mean we'll automatically get two Star Fox characters. Maybe we'll get Wolf back to go along with it, but two characters seems like a stretch. Especially since they may not even be able to complete those two DLC characters in the span of a single year.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Just because it's a year of Star Fox, that doesn't mean we'll automatically get two Star Fox characters. Maybe we'll get Wolf back to go along with it, but two characters seems like a stretch. Especially since they may not even be able to complete those two DLC characters in the span of a single year.
Idk, I'm thinking Sakurai's not telling us everything and holding back that he's been working on Krystal ever since he got back from E3 when Miyamoto declared all of it, y'never know.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Idk, I'm thinking Sakurai's not telling us everything and holding back that he's been working on Krystal ever since he got back from E3 when Miyamoto declared all of it, y'never know.
That sounds like more of a baseless conspiracy theory than a logical deduction. I don't think you can use that as a justification for Krystal being "likely."

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Pokémon is my favourite Nintendo franchise but I think 6 reps is enough representation. A Hoenn dlc stage would be sweet though and maybe some dlc pokeball Pokémon or items. (How about the Pokéflute?)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
StarFox could get two DLC characters just fine. Miyamoto has already said that 2015 is the year of StarFox, so it's not just the revival of the franchise or the new game, it's a triple threat.
That's right.. there's a new Star Fox coming. :colorful:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, there's Duck Hunt's trailer. I guess there's nothing really new aside from that.

We won't see the Duck Hunt trailer tomorrow unless the Climbers are good to go. I'm 99% sure they will be in that trailer.
Out of curiosity, why did you think this would be the case?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well, that was a pretty great Duck Hunt trailer~

The Bandana Dee content was nice, too - they really do resemble Smash colours ahahah~

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
So uh

Duck Hunt Dog and the Ducks shows up on the Duck Hunt stage even when you're playing as Duck Hunt.

They're pretty big too.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

DeeLC is practially confirmed.
Well, Bandana Dee is definitely becoming (if he wasn't already) a main Kirby character. On the other hand, it seems like he's becoming the "Toad" of the Kirby series; he's just there to make the game multiplayer, and they made multiple of him to accomplish that.

All that being said, I think Bandana Waddle Dee is in a fairly good position for DLC, but he's not a guarantee (nobody is).

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
That Duck Hunt trailer...

Retro goodness always makes me smile. :)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Young Link's chances got even better! PARTY TIME!
Kind of doubt that Young Link will be DLC, barring a DLC pack of all the cut Melee characters (which in itself doesn't seem that likely).

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Realistically, I can see a DLC pack that includes Bandana Dee and a Kirby and the Rainbow Curse stage.

That stage would be perfect for Wii U.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, Bandana Dee is definitely becoming (if he wasn't already) a main Kirby character. On the other hand, it seems like he's becoming the "Toad" of the Kirby series; he's just there to make the game multiplayer, and they made multiple of him to accomplish that.

All that being said, I think Bandana Waddle Dee is in a fairly good position for DLC, but he's not a guarantee (nobody is).
This kinda reiterates my whole opinion of Bandana Dee. He's in literally the EXACT same position as Toad, except he's even less iconic to Kirby than Toad is. Yeah, I consider him a possibility, but a rather low one.

Also did they just retcon the thing about Cranky Kong being the Donkey Kong in Donkey Kong?

Because retro DK turned into modern DK.
That's what I've been trying to explain for a long time. Nintendo just blatantly ignores the whole Cranky theory and acts like Retro DK and Modern DK are the same character. They've always done this, having Cranky as the Retro DK was Rare's thing.

For Hyrule Warriors, yes.
Well, I think pretty much everyone thinks Skull Kid is basically confirmed for HW at this point. I'm more curious about the second character in the MM DLC pack. Skull Kid is the obvious first choice, the second is more questionable...

Oh, and the DAMN TP PACK! Which I was hoping would get its contents confirmed... ugh...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
We've just been at it all day huh? :laugh:

Anyway, I seriously doubt any Majora's Mask DLC.

I'd love to be proven wrong though. :upsidedown:
Majora's Mask DLC for what? Hyrule Warriors? Because Majora's Mask DLC is CONFIRMED for Hyrule Warriors. If you mean Smash, yeah, its not happening.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Mewtwo's DLC will come out Spring 2015!
Majora's Mask 3D also comes out Spring 2015!
Cut Veteran Pack confirmed. :seuss:
Admittedly, if Young Link is in fact the DLC Character that the Zelda franchise ends up getting, I'll probably just be cracking up at everyone's reaction to even care that much. Could you even imagine? :laugh:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Young Link's best hope would be a "Melee Pack" DLC and even then his chances would be questionable imo considering we already have two Link's. And a third one is highly doubtful, especially when you consider Sakurai's thoughts on "Yet another plain old sword wielder" which didn't do Chrom many favors.

But that's just my opinion.... *Shrugs*

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
But his inclusion already has been justified in Melee, unlike Chrom. :p

I need some more straws to grasp in regards to this Direct and Smash Bros.!

@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 . You're good at this. What else besides Majora's Mask 3D could be vaguely hinting at something related to Smash?
I dunno, not really any notable releases during Spring I can think of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom