• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
No he didn't. He said having them move as a duo took a lot of processing power on the 3DS, and that he and his team tried to get them to work, but eventually had to give up.

Implying they ran out of time to fix their issue.
I doubt they'd spend even more time trying to fix something that obviously doesn't work

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I doubt they'd spend even more time trying to fix something that obviously doesn't work
Well considering the character is practically done (complete for Wii U) and they have all this time to work on stuff, they might as well try to fix it. Or all that time used on the character would be for nothing.

mark welford

Smash Ace
that guy with the DLC leak said he would show more today if some of you guy don't know in the DLC leak he showed a corrected roster with characters misplaced from their series like Dr. Mario and Dark pit back with their series he also showed Wolf, Mewtwo, Bandana Dee and Isaac being DLC characters I don't know what to do my heart wants it to be real but my mind says it is fake.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
that guy with the DLC leak said he would show more today if some of you guy don't know in the DLC leak he showed a corrected roster with characters misplaced from their series like Dr. Mario and Dark pit back with their series he also showed Wolf, Mewtwo, Bandana Dee and Isaac being DLC characters I don't know what to do my heart wants it to be real but my mind says it is fake.
C'mon know, he isn't gonna post anything

Burruni

Smash Hero
look I am not going to argue if he doesn't post anything by my deadline I will call it fake say whatever you want I am not responding back.
Honestly, there's a lot of things that make me doubt that leak. The one that is the absolute largest is that the icon for Bandana Dee (A character I've wanted and have been supporting for a while) is a blatant "American Kirby" edit of his Return To Dreamland artwork with angry eyebrows.

There are many other things I could list, but I'll just be brief and say that I do not believe this leak though Mewtwo is confirmed, Wolf is in the top 3 for other Veteran DLC, and I believe BanD is a strong choice for newcomers.

We'll see though.

Edit: Ice Climbers were said to work perfectly fine for the WiiU version but the team came across problems when trying to get them programmed on the 3DS in a way that was reliable to keep the 60fps gameplay. Not that they COULDN'T work, they were just a hassle and obstacle that were bypassed to make sure the game did not get delayed again. Now that the constraining factors are more limited in the DLC stage, I believe that they are VERY likely to be included... they just have a gameplay style too unique (:rosalina: is the closest thing and it is still a stark difference) and were chosen by Sakurai to be the NES ambassadors in Melee. If so-called "Sakurai Bias" could put in a massive amount of Uprising Content between the two games, I feel like that can only help Popo and Nana's chances even more.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
like I said I am willing to give the guy a chance if not shown by midnight I will call it fake and it is not unusual for renders and poses to be reused.

Burruni

Smash Hero

Just putting this out here. My hopes for DLC. I know my arrangement is a little janky but at least it's still better than the 3DS menu. I kid, I kid. But this is the 3DS+5 route.

I believe Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Lucas all are "Top Priority" characters, but of the three Lucas has the worst hopes to return.

Sneaky Spirit as the only Smash Run enemy without an associated playable character (other than the Ice Climbers' Polar Bear) and Gematsu being a very strong leak for being so early on and having having at best 9 and worst 8 of the 11 characters listed depending on your stance of "Pokemon from Pokemon X/Y," and his one deconfirmation was someone who was considered and replaced by Robin for being a more interesting fighter.... I believe in a Rhythm Heaven character and I personally like Marshal more than Chorus Men as a fighter. I dunno. Someone who has that kind of accuracy with getting Wii Fit Trainer in two bursts, one being before the game was announced and the other being before the April Direct is someone to still give a bit of support in my eyes.

Bandana Dee is still a character who has become as important to his series recently as Rosalina has in Mario with a unique weapon with the closest one on the roster being Marth's Falchion and that he is a character made by Sakurai in Sakurai's home series makes me really believe in him. I could go more straw-grasping and highlight the Kirby & Waddle Dee PotD last week and stuff... but that's just trying to make more out of what is there.

None of us truly know who will be DLC. This is a mixture of my wants and who I expect.

D

Deleted member

There are people who actually believe the fake DLC vid could be anything other than fake?
The character icons were poorly edited, using in-game shots of Wolf and Isaac in Brawl, taking Bandana Dee's EXACT render from RtDL and giving him the "angry eyes", using Mewtwo's direct model from the 50-Fact Extravaganza while flipping it the other way, all while having them all zoomed out (or zoomed in incorrectly in Bandana Dee's case), and the established roster pattern of where the characters are placed is shattered entirely.

Furthermore, Mewtwo's not even finished yet. How would the "leaker" have access to him and 3 other characters in some "DLC Demo" (as of a recent picture he supposedly posted)?
There's no possible way it's a legit leak, so don't even give it the benefit of the doubt. The fool is banking on gullibility.

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I just want see what he does out of amusement.
He dug himself this hole, now let's see him try to squirm out.

Burruni

Smash Hero
What is this leak? From the information given in this thread, it sounds pretty fake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFNhYHPAhhg
This video, which frankly just shows a still image, no cursor, no icons selected, top-screen only "update" to the 3DS roster with the clones relocated to their proper spots and the addition of dlc characters.

1) Mewtwo, not supposed to be ready until Spring.
2) Wolf, whose icon is at a strange focus and scale compared to the other icons.
3) Isaac from Golden Sun who is barely seen as an icon and was not seen as an Assist trophy in the 3DS version nor were there any Golden Sun trophies.
4) Bandana Dee whose icon a) looks particularly flat, unlike the other renders in the "leak" and b) looks exactly like an edit of his Return to Dreamland artwork but with "American Kirby" style angry eyebrows put in... as I stated earlier this page.

This is from the position of the VERY cynical.

Edit: The uploader said he'd post something new as an update to this minimal and very fake-looking evidence. But considering how the Tower of Smash leaker "updated" to prove himself after the 50 fact extravaganza, it is false until proven real.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFNhYHPAhhg
This video, which frankly just shows a still image, no cursor, no icons selected, top-screen only "update" to the 3DS roster with the clones relocated to their proper spots and the addition of dlc characters.

1) Mewtwo, not supposed to be ready until Spring.
2) Wolf, whose icon is at a strange focus and scale compared to the other icons.
3) Isaac from Golden Sun who is barely seen as an icon and was not seen as an Assist trophy in the 3DS version nor were there any Golden Sun trophies.
4) Bandana Dee whose icon a) looks particularly flat, unlike the other renders in the "leak" and b) looks exactly like an edit of his Return to Dreamland artwork but with "American Kirby" style angry eyebrows put in... as I stated earlier this page.

This is from the position of the VERY cynical.

Edit: The uploader said he'd post something new as an update to this minimal and very fake-looking evidence. But considering how the Tower of Smash leaker "updated" to prove himself after the 50 fact extravaganza, it is false until proven real.
Also, I noticed this:
upload_2014-11-1_13-19-9.png

Is it just me, or is there nothing on the bottom screen?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Also, I noticed this:
View attachment 28769
Is it just me, or is there nothing on the bottom screen?
This just further supports the theory that it is an edit of the CSS image that someone made, saved onto their SD card and then loaded up on their 3DS. Also, the poster said that he a) may or may not have a video today, "tomorrow at the latest." Because... when you already have a capture device and show this it's so much harder to get a 1 minute match with one or more dlc characters and b) plans to remove THIS video because it's gotten "too popular" and doesn't want a strike against the account.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Yeah, I'm thinking that the video leak of those DLC characters is fake. I've seen that exact Bandana Dee artwork before, and I don't even play Kirby.

Getting back on topic, I'm starting to think that DLC Characters are gonna be made available at least once a month or two apart starting with Mewtwo, Wolf being the second, and random order after that.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Honestly speaking isn't there anything more interesting than discussing a clearly fake leak?
Right now... not really. At this stage, it's "I think THIS character I like is likely to come in" vs "No MY DLC picks are gonna be in!" for the most part. We don't have the same official information that can be pushed to newcomers that we could pre-release at this point. The matter then turns to analyzing any leak, no matter how credible, to no end. This one is just being brought back up because the poster earlier promised more footage later today.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I appreciate his commitment, if nothing else.

It at least gives us something mildly enjoyable to to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom