• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I've lost almost all hope for Paper Mario, but I hope there will be some Assist Trophies or items from the series. I want to see a Rawk Hawk stage hazard on the Wii U stage. . . If we see one.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I've lost almost all hope for Paper Mario, but I hope there will be some Assist Trophies or items from the series. I want to see a Rawk Hawk stage hazard on the Wii U stage. . . If we see one.
I think, considering we have a Paper Mario stage on 3DS based with Sticker Star, I don't why we can't have a TTYD stage on consoles (with a hint of the original).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I recall back in Red/Blue that the opinion split on the three starters. For a time, Blastoise was as or more popular. How did Charizard even beat a ****ing turtle with canons on his shoulders? What is this I don't even... Guess all the cool genwunners died off.
That depends entirely on the circle of friends you hanged out with, it was impossible to get a general conseus because of the weak state of the internet at the time. I'm fairly certain Charizard has always been the most popular though, dragons are always popular.

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359
Please Understand.
byg92.jpg

This Smash Brothers game is going to be the best so far, regardless of the characters in it. Everyone will fall in love with characters they never thought they would. Just be happy that the game is almost out, and enjoy it when it is.

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
I would love to see the Theater make it in as Wii U exclusive. As for Assist Trophies, I would like to see Vivian or Goombario.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
That depends entirely on the circle of friends you hanged out with, it was impossible to get a general conseus because of the weak state of the internet at the time. I'm fairly certain Charizard has always been the most popular though, dragons are always popular.
Sure dragons are always popular. Problem is Charizard is a lizard with wings. Without his mega evolution, he's simply not an official dragon type. Dragonite 4 Smash. I wouldn't be certain Charizard was the most popular btw. The consensus was that Venusaur was the best starter to breeze through the game and so he had his following. Blastoise was already superior to begin with (Ash knew this FACT ALL TOO WELL. HIS FIRST CHOICE WAS SQUIRTLE BEFORE GARY NINJA'D HIM. :troll:), and then of course there was Charizard.

Come at me, Wario. For old time's sake.

Edit: Since this is a character discussions thread, Blastoise has equaled the amount of Pokeball appearances Charizard has and each time his assists were superior, better range. Charizard's flamethrower was too small and he never focused it in one direction the way he needed for maximum damage! Seriously, Blastoise 4 smash ALSO.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Well we do know that Venusaur is the best of the three.

...At least he doesn't need a Mega Stone to be good.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Sure dragons are always popular. Problem is Charizard is a lizard with wings. Without his mega evolution, he's simply not an official dragon type. Dragonite 4 Smash. I wouldn't be certain Charizard was the most popular btw. The consensus was that Venusaur was the best starter to breeze through the game and so he had his following. Blastoise was already superior to begin with (Ash knew this FACT ALL TOO WELL. HIS FIRST CHOICE WAS SQUIRTLE BEFORE GARY NINJA'D HIM. :troll:), and then of course there was Charizard.

Come at me, Wario. For old time's sake.
Proof: His Japanese name is called Lizardon
Detective Conan Case Closed.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Please Understand.
View attachment 24530
This Smash Brothers game is going to be the best so far, regardless of the characters in it. Everyone will fall in love with characters they never thought they would. Just be happy that the game is almost out, and enjoy it when it is.
But they are all boring humans with swords.

I don't recall posting this roster, so if I already did, well, here it is again:

View attachment 24531

Bottom row are alts.
This roster is great but I still think Ridley will be playable.

Last edited:

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
Good point, but still how did someone get the game before it's release?
During this point in time, copies of the game will be made available for stock and ONLY for the purposes of stock in order to commence preparations towards selling the game within the specific release date (9/13/14). This is common business practice and is used everywhere, we can't get it yet, but the people who stock it see it (or take it if that's their kinda thing...) Basically the stuff you see on the store first day isn't flown in first day as well (though on some occasions that happens...) but Nintendo barely let's that happen. What you are presumably seeing is a man who works at a local trade store in the stock room taking a picture of the game before it is officially, (and may I add legally) out.

Hope that explains it. :)

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
All of you are wrong, the best Kanto starter was and always will be :4pikachu:

Plus, even if Charizard is just a lizard, Blastoise is just a turtle, and Venusaur is a flower so...

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

Plus, even if Charizard is just a lizard, Blastoise is just a turtle, and Venusaur is a flower so...
I would agree if a thunderstone accidentally fell on him. As Raichu you can be seen with him in public. Otherwise, he's pathetic. The issue with yellow version IIRC is that you can't evolve your starter Pikachu, which is obviously a major disappointment. :troll:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I would agree if a thunderstone accidentally fell on him. As Raichu you can be seen with him in public. Otherwise, he's pathetic. The issue with yellow version IIRC is that you can't evolve your starter Pikachu, which is obviously a major disappointment. :troll:
Except in Smash Bros., where he's better than every other Pokemon in the game :4yoshi:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
But they are all boring humans with swords.
Barring Lucina since she's a clone, we're talking about 5 sword users in a 50 man roster here.

7 if you want to include Shulk (if a lightsaber thing or whatever is your idea of a sword) and Mii Swordfighter. Here's the catch, none of them play like anyone else.

...So what's the problem?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Barring Lucina since she's a clone, we're talking about 5 sword users in a 50 man roster here....So what's the problem?
I would count Shulk as a sword user.
Put besides that: 6/50, versus:

Mario, Luigi, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Sheik, all punch and kick.
And that's just the humanoid characters.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace

Damn you Yellow Version. I would say calling Blastoise a turtle an understatement, since he is a Tortoise, & those are far more badass than mere turtles.:shades: Venusaur is basically a Lizard Toad Flower. Weird since it's the Seed Pokemon.:ohwell:
Charizard

Blew your mind, didn't I?
Char. . .Cha? . . .Lizard. . .Chalizard. . .Chameleon Lizard!

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Damn you Yellow Version. I would say calling Blastoise a turtle an understatement, since he is a Tortoise, & those are far more badass than mere turtles.:shades: Venusaur is basically a Lizard Toad Flower. Weird since it's the Seed Pokemon.:ohwell:

Char. . .Cha? . . .Lizard. . .Chalizard. . .Chameleon Lizard!

Well, Yellow is also objectively the best because you can get all Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur as well. :bluejump:

cothero

Smash Lord
Barring Lucina since she's a clone, we're talking about 5 sword users in a 50 man roster here.

7 if you want to include Shulk (if a lightsaber thing or whatever is your idea of a sword) and Mii Swordfighter. Here's the catch, none of them play like anyone else.

...So what's the problem?
Actually, there are 9 sword users: Link, Toon Link, Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Meta Knight, Shulk and Mii Swordfighter.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
You wanna get technical, we got multiple Sword-wielding users that scales more than 10 right now:

:4greninja::4kirby::4myfriends::4link::4lucina::4marth::4megaman::4metaknight::4mii::4pit::4robinm::4shulk::4tlink:

Characters who have a slashing attack that I'm aware of:
:4bowser::4charizard::4greninja::4kirby::4myfriends::4link::4lucina::4marth::4megaman::4metaknight::4mii::4peach::4pit::4robinm::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4zelda:

Last edited:

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
Last edited by a moderator:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Blastoise is a shellfish, don't you guys read the Pokedex?:troll:

Anyway, why can't you like all three starters, like me? Charizard WAS the most popular, and still is, hence why he's here without the other two. I'm raising both a Lure Ball Blastoise (shhhh) and a shiny Charizard on Y right now. Charizard is cool. Blastoise is cool. Venusaur is cool.

Niala

Smash Ace
There's also solosis and duosion.

:denzel:

But yeah, Pokémon etymology is quite fun. Some of them are very noticeable, but there are some I had to look up, most notably Elgyem and Beheeyem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom