• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

?????????????

Smash Master
please stop! I am already devastated over the fact that wolf is possibly not there.
Devastated? Don't joke about the word. Devastated is losing someone important in your life. Devastated is losing everything you hold dear. Devastation is war and death and starvation.

This is a ****ing video game.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Recognizing a narrow-minded decision makes me narrow-minded? I suppose that gives legitimacy to "takes one to know one", at least. xD

But seriously, this pointless. Hope Wolf is playable for ya!
Please stop, Masked Man is not playable :c

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
What is that image with the already leaked characters + the six "?" ???
It's new leak or what?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
There may have been some complaints about Brawl's starting roster being too small not being bulked up with more slots. That's just throwing it out there as I don't know. But I'm still confident in my opinion when I say that roster size is cheesy easy.
idk it just feels wierd, the less characters to unlock the less gameplay there is, which isn't a good thing. In order to play a game and not get bored that has unlockability, add more than a average amount (just like how mario kart 8 did that too, you can get all the characters in less than a day, then that its, what else to do)

mark welford

Smash Ace
Devastated? Don't joke about the word. Devastated is losing someone important in your life. Devastated is losing everything you hold dear. Devastation is war and death and starvation.

THAT IS THE THING I AM NOT JOKING I AM IN FULL OUT ANGER, DISGUST AND SADNESS!

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
idk it just feels wierd, the less characters to unlock the less gameplay there is, which isn't a good thing. In order to play a game and not get bored that has unlockability, add more than a average amount (just like how mario kart 8 did that too, you can get all the characters in less than a day, then that its, what else to do)
At that point, it's probably going to be playing Smash Run for 3 years straight mixed with Online Play for 4 years straight.

Still, I'd like the roster size to be 30 - 32. However a big roster like that may lead to a bigger roster at it's reaching end. . .maybe 55.

?????????????

Smash Master
I AM DONE! y'all think of me however y'all to think of me y'all comments is not doing anything to change my mind!
Super. Then I think of you as a whiny kid.

Case in point.

Are you seriously telling me that you're posting on a website for the sole enjoyment of Super Smash Bros. just because Wolf is in Brawl? Cause that's what it sounds like. Like the rest of the game is utterly pointless without Wolf. Like the rest of the characters and features and gameplay of the game are absolute garbage not worth spending a dime on, because one character is gone.

And it'd be one thing if it was Mario or Link, but it's Wolf. Of all people, Wolf.

MagnesD3

Smash Master

Also using the word devastated is completely okay to use, its up to each person to determine the context of which a word is usable for them.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Well to be fair, different people tend to have different ideals on what is considered "precious" to them.
So while it's certainly melodramatic at best, it's possible.

Well, there are other unlockables (such as stages and the like). There's more to it than just characters.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
So you equate not having a character in a video game to the same amount of tragedy as losing a loved one?

With all due respect, you sound exactly like the niece I babysit, crying hysterically because I won't let her have 3 scoops of ice cream instead of 2 -_-

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Aside from an outdated bit of Chrom and nothing to have ever said when Rosalina would be shown, the leak doesn't have errors anywhere near that of... Well, most leaks, I guess. At least in terms of "leaks that don't stay forever in limbo for not being confirmable nor deniable", anyway.
And don't forget Shulk reveal, and besides, Why is an outdated leak reliable? It is probably wrong about the chorus men and was wrong about Shulk reveal date, if the leak is outdated, then we can't trust it anymore

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Super. Then I think of you as a whiny kid.

Case in point.

Are you seriously telling me that you're posting on a website for the sole enjoyment of Super Smash Bros. just because Wolf is in Brawl? Cause that's what it sounds like. Like the rest of the game is utterly pointless without Wolf. Like the rest of the characters and features and gameplay of the game are absolute garbage not worth spending a dime on, because one character is gone.

And it'd be one thing if it was Mario or Link, but it's Wolf. Of all people, Wolf.
The judgement is so strong when you dont have a right to judge. Different people are different, just because you play this game for a certain reason doesnt mean that everyone else does or has to.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
And don't forget Shulk reveal, and besides, Why is an outdated leak reliable? It is probably wrong about the chorus men and was wrong about Shulk reveal date, if the leak is outdated, then we can't trust it anymore
But he got Shadow the Hedgehog right.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
The game is automatically inferior without Wolf? That is exactly what I mean by "narrow minded"

Recognizing a narrow-minded decision makes me narrow-minded? I suppose that gives legitimacy to "takes one to know one", at least. xD

But seriously, this pointless. Hope Wolf is playable for ya!
I can say the roster is inferior in my eyes if I want to but I was actually referring to the fact the 3ds is inferior when compared to the wii u version.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
Maybe, but we all know Vaati is. :awesome:
You already know that Tetra is my most wanted Zelda character, but one of my biggest reasons for that is because I'd like to see more Toon series Zelda characters in general. I prefer that art style, and we already have 4 "realistic style" Zelda characters.

So, I guess I'm saying that, AFTER Tetra, Vaati would be my next wishful pick for a Zelda newcomer. And I just wanted you to know that.

read my signature: Only god can judge me!
I'm not judging you, just giving my opinion. If you're going to rebuke me, do it on topic.

Tell me why I should care so much that Wolf is gone. What made Wolf such an important Nintendo character to be in SSB?

MagnesD3

Smash Master
You already know that Tetra is my most wanted Zelda character, but one of my biggest reasons for that is because I'd like to see more Toon series Zelda characters in general. I prefer that art style, and we already have 4 "realistic style" Zelda characters.

So, I guess I'm saying that, AFTER Tetra, Vaati would be my next wishful pick for a Zelda newcomer. And I just wanted you to know that.

I'm not judging you, just giving my opinion. If you're going to rebuke me, do it on topic.

Tell me why I should care so much that Wolf is gone. What made Wolf such an important Nintendo character to be in SSB?
If you dont care about star fox then you will not care about wolf being gone. A second option is if you didnt play with Wolf then why would you care about him being gone. A third option is that if you dont care about smash properly repping each franchise with every series all star characters then why would you care.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
If you dont care about star fox then you will not care about wolf being gone. A second option is if you didnt play with Wolf then why would you care about him being gone.
I love Star Fox, I've played all the games, I even liked Star Fox Adventures, I still own and play Star Fox 64, and Wolf is one of my favorite characters to play as in SSBB.

I care that Wolf is gone, but I don't believe that he was a central character to the roster. If he was cut to prioritize every other character we have in SSB4, I think that's fair.

Now then...why am I wrong?

Morbi

Scavenger

I will be devastated if Wolf is not in the game; honestly, his non-inclusion seems on par with war, death, and starvation. I suppose I can also throw pestilence in there to complete the pattern.

mark welford

Smash Ace

you might not care but I do I just ask for one thing it is just I can't even get that one thing I did not ask for any newcomers I did not ask for all this outrageous stuff I just asked for one thing and I can't even get that! that is why I am upset.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
If you dont care about star fox then you will not care about wolf being gone. A second option is if you didnt play with Wolf then why would you care about him being gone.
He never mentioned, or even insinuated either of those things :p

In the beginning, the world was without purpose, without form, people rioted in the streets and preferred Playstation All Stars instead of Smash Bros. Then a mighty God came down from the heavens and said "Let their be hope", and thus, Wolf was born.

:troll:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I will be devastated if Wolf is not in the game; honestly, his non-inclusion seems on par with war, death, and starvation. I suppose I can also throw pestilence in there to complete the pattern.
I thought you were happy that there was now a Wolf-esque costume for Fox? Didn't you say that you always wanted Wolf to be a clone of Fox?

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I love Star Fox, I've played all the games, I even liked Star Fox Adventures, I still own and play Star Fox 64, and Wolf is one of my favorite characters to play as in SSBB.

I care that Wolf is gone, but I don't believe that he was a central character to the roster. If he was cut to prioritize every other character we have in SSB4, I think that's fair.

Now then...why am I wrong?
Look if you dont think he matters enough after playing the Star Fox series then there is nothing that I can say that will convince you period. I listed all the conditions and If you think Fox and Falco properly represent star fox in smash than theres nothing I can say except I guess you just didnt love Wolf enough.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
This Wolf discussion reminds me of an old comic book adage. Every character is someone's favorite. Some people like Batman and some people love Ambush Bug. So is true with Smash. Every character is someone's must have, and certain characters are deal breakers.

I can understand someone not getting the game because Ridley is not playable (and some have said exactly that). I can understand someone not getting the game because Mewtwo wasnt put back in it. So I can surely understand someone not getting the game because Wolf has been cut from it.

People make their economic decisions for their own reasons. Smash, like any game, is a personal experience. If you arent personally gonna get what you are looking, then its alright to not buy the game. It's not a narrowminded view.

For example, when Street Fighter 3 first came out, they cut most of the characters aside from like Ryu and Ken. So as a SF fan, it made sense not to play it. By SF3: Third Strike, favorites like Fei Long and Blanka still werent in the game, so it still made sense not to buy it.

Morbi

Scavenger
I thought you were happy that there was now a Wolf-esque costume for Fox? Didn't you say that you always wanted Wolf to be a clone of Fox?
Case and point. There is no reason to be devastated from my subjective perspective. I am already content as I interpret him to be in the game. Albeit, he is not named as I would have liked; however, I am still certain that he is on the disc regardless.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Sakurai: Here it is, the next Smash Bros! We've spent a long time perfecting it to the point that you will all have a fun time with it! It's got fluid gameplay, tons of stages, and a wide variety of characters!

Sakurai: At least 48, maybe more! Unfortunately, like I said a year ago, we may have had to cut some characters. I'm sorry to say that Ice Climbers, Snake, Wolf-

BUT LAST GAME, LAST GAME HAD WOLF!

Sakurai: Well, um, yes, but remember, I may have not even shown them all to you! And hey, I could add them in as DLC later! And besides, I've added in a ton of new things that I'm sure you'll like and have fun with!

I DONT CARE HOW FUN THEY ARE!

And people wonder why Sakurai is stressed and ill from the effort of making these games :urg:

?????????????

Smash Master
you might not care but I do I just ask for one thing it is just I can't even get that one thing I did not ask for any newcomers I did not ask for all this outrageous stuff I just asked for one thing and I can't even get that! that is why I am upset.
I see. I will apologize if I am wrong, but it seems to me that you are young. It's difficult for me to know when we're on an online forum, but I am over 20 years old, so it's a shift for me.

Growing up with the Super Smash Bros. series, I always wanted Little Mac. But if he doesn't get in, that doesn't ruin the game for me, because more than, Super Smash Bros. is my favorite video game series, and Nintendo is pretty much one of my favorite things ever. I simply can't be upset at the prospect of a collective crossover of my favorite video game series ever, even if it doesn't include my favorite character.

You can still hope. We don't know if Wolf is cut, you can advocate for him as DLC if he is, and even if those don't happen, you can wish for his return in the next game. I just don't see the point in denying yourself this game even if it doesn't have your favorite character.

If Wolf was really the sole reason you played SSB, then so be it; I won't judge you. But I would find it odd since Wolf is part of the Star Fox series, and I would assume you enjoy that series and could at least enjoy Fox in SSB4.

Look if you dont think he matters enough after playing the Star Fox series then there is nothing that I can say that will convince you period. I listed all the conditions and If you think Fox and Falco properly represent star fox in smash than theres nothing I can say except I guess you just didnt love Wolf enough.
The main theme of the Star Fox series is the teamwork of the Star Fox team; having the team work together to accomplish missions. Wolf plays a part as a rival, which is significant, but not as significant as the teammates, who are central to the adventure, or the main villain, who is the entire motive behind the adventure.

Wolf is cool, but he's hardly a central part of the games. They gave him much larger roles in newer Star Fox games, but there are still generally more important villainous Nintendo characters we have yet to see, such as K. Rool and Ridley. In the face of those, I don't believe Wolf is as big of a priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom