• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Well it's good most of you are not hyped, since i can confirm this is the final roster.

?????????????

Smash Master
I'm very hyped. I've been making videos about what this game could be like for over 5 years. Actually getting to see it and play it is so exciting for me.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Just in case people missed this "leak", still don't know what to think about it.
This is not a leak; it's legitimate info.

Friday and Saturday, there was an event in Japan where people could play the final retail build of Smash 3DS. Smashboards user Zipzo, who attended the event, covertly took snapshots of the snazzy new costumes available (which, as you can see, includes a Fierce Deity skin for Link and an Alph costume for Olimar).

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Well it's good most of you are not hyped, since i can confirm this is the final roster.
My level of hype is decent. When a few surprises are revealed within this week, then maybe my hype level of 50% will go to 55%. I'm only buying 5mash so ofc now it's obvious I'm not that hype for Sm4sh.

CadePirate

Smash Apprentice
This is not a leak; it's legitimate info.

Friday and Saturday, there was an event in Japan where people could play the final retail build of Smash 3DS. Smashboards user Zipzo, who attended the event, covertly took snapshots of the snazzy new costumes available (which, as you can see, includes a Fierce Deity skin for Link and an Alph costume for Olimar).
Yeah, sorry I just caught up. Just got on the internet for the first time today.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Yeah, sorry I just caught up. Just got on the internet for the first time today.
It's been Crashboards this past weekend due to people flooding the site to get the latest in Final Build Impressions.

I recommend you visit this thread here; check the first and second posts in particular, which compile a bunch of interesting and significant information and impressions concerning what to expect from the retail version of Smash 3DS.

:4pacman:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
i really dont want the roster we have from the japenese event to be the starting roster, it feels wierd to have the starting roster to have all 3rd party characters at the start.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
i really dont want the roster we have from the japenese event to be the starting roster, it feels wierd to have the starting roster to have all 3rd party characters at the start.
There may have been some complaints about Brawl's starting roster being too small not being bulked up with more slots. That's just throwing it out there as I don't know. But I'm still confident in my opinion when I say that roster size is cheesy easy.
Mario (Early), Mario (Mid), and Mario (End).
Baby Mario (Yoshi), Mario (Fire), Mario (Ice), Mario (Tanooki), Mario (Star form), Mario (Frog), Mario (Hammer), Mario (Double cherry = Double Mario), Mario (Cat), Mario (acorn flying squirrel), Mario (Golden Flower), Mario (Earily), Mario (Mid), Mario (End) there ya go all done @ GunGunW GunGunW
Also Baby Mario, Super Mario, Super Mario 2, Super Mario 3, Super Mario 4, and Marigi.
Mario series. . . confirmed for 50+ characters. Metroid & DK combined only have a total of 8 playable fighters.:troll:

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
well it does for me we are two different people so stop trying to force your ideals on me
Don't take it personal mate, but one must ask himself if the "The game is ruined by one character not being in" mentallity is really worth it. Like are you telling me that one character is the only reason you have enjoyed the Smash series so far?

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Force my ideals? What ideal am I forcing, exactly?
Its more of like your trying to tell him he is wrong with how he wants to handle his money. If he doesnt want to pay 40 dollars for an inferior version of smash that doesnt have a character that was his favorite from the previous game then he shouldnt be expected to buy it. Him buying it could send sakurai the message that what he did was right. (Now sakurai may not give a **** but this is the ideal behind capitalism)

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
Force my ideals? What ideal am I forcing, exactly?
that I should get the game and enjoy it I have said this time and time again that I will not get the game if wolf is not in it I said I was a very picky and particular person and just because I won't get the game for one reason you call me narrow minded we might be physically the same but we have different personalities I am not like you you are not me so you are the narrow minded one!

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
that I should get the game and enjoy it I have said this time and time again that I will not get the game if wolf is not in it I said I was a very picky and particular person and just because I won't get the game for one reason you call me narrow minded we might be physically the same but we have different personalities I am not like you you are not me so you are the narrow minded one!
Meh. Your loss then.

Don't take it personal mate, but one must ask himself if the "The game is ruined by one character not being in" mentallity is really worth it. Like are you telling me that one character is the only reason you have enjoyed the Smash series so far?
Seriously. If I could go into a candy store and pay 40 bucks to eat all I could as long as I wanted, I wouldn't whine that my favorite candy was there. Focusing on one aspect of something blinds you from anything else it has to offer. That is the definition of narrow minded.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Rather than expanding your knowledge of other characters by getting to know them, one you're familiar with is the only thing you care about in an overly expansive game series like Smash... Kind of defeats the point of playing Smash Bros. in the first place.

Each to his own and I'm not judging, but I can see why others are is my point.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Its more of like your trying to tell him he is wrong with how he wants to handle his money. If he doesnt want to pay 40 dollars for an inferior version of smash that doesnt have a character that was his favorite from the previous game then he shouldnt be expected to buy it. Him buying it could send sakurai the message that what he did was right. (Now sakurai may not give a **** but this is the ideal behind capitalism)
The game is automatically inferior without Wolf? That is exactly what I mean by "narrow minded"

Recognizing a narrow-minded decision makes me narrow-minded? I suppose that gives legitimacy to "takes one to know one", at least. xD

But seriously, this pointless. Hope Wolf is playable for ya!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom