• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
In other words, you want Red to be out there taking it on the chin? Fat chance. Pokemon trainers are cowards.
Pokemon Trainer is far less of a coward than Lucas, far less than Luigi. In fact, he takes on tremendous dangers all the time.

I'm adding you to the list of shame.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
This is far better reasoning than to suggest "they're saving characters for the next game." That's the worst excuse ever, Sakurai has flat out stated he makes each game like its the last. He'll pile in as many characters as he possibly can.
I guess, didn't need to be rude about it :/

DLC Wise I see us getting:
-Any cut vet minus Snake and Melee cuts except Mewtwo. Even Ivysaur and Squirt have a shot.

Newcomer Wise King K Rool is for sure. A RH character is also possible I guess. Not sure about who else. I'd like a certain Fire Emblem character (Anna or Micaiah) but I doubt it.
Hmm... I personally feel Mewtwo has a bigger shot at a chance than Ivysaur and Squirtle, but that may be just me.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Pokemon Trainer is far less of a coward than Lucas, far less than Luigi. In fact, he takes on tremendous dangers all the time.

I'm adding you to the list of shame.
Well okay then! Blacklist me! At least Lucas and Luigi don't have a team of six pocket monsters to do their dirty work for them. Also, Luigi frightens easily, but he always does what he has to do. His emotions do not reflect his resolve. Remember that.

Naoshi

Nowadays Luigi gives them the death glare... I think that whole cowardly personality is a ruse! I'm onto that green plumber...

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
We've been taken on an all expense paid ruse cruise, compliments of Luigi. He would have us believe he's a timid plumber when in reality he's hyper competitive and seriously angry.

Naoshi

I sure hope he has an angry face at times in this installment. I want to take a snapshot of him holding the blue shell with a menacing face. lol

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I guess, didn't need to be rude about it :/

Hmm... I personally feel Mewtwo has a bigger shot at a chance than Ivysaur and Squirtle, but that may be just me.
Yeah, I may have worded that wrong. The only ones I think don't have a chance at DLC are Snake, Roy, Young Link, and Pichu. I do think Mewtwo has a better chance than Ivy or Squirt.

Naoshi

Yeah, I may have worded that wrong. The only ones I think don't have a chance at DLC are Snake, Roy, Young Link, and Pichu. I do think Mewtwo has a better chance than Ivy or Squirt.
Oh! Now I get it! My bad, I should've looked at your signature too since it has Mewtwo as well.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Putting Squirtle in with Geninja would make no sense. And they can't just over rep gen 1, no matter how much we like it, it's logical. I'm sorry you loved the trainer and love gen 1, but an X/Y rep made the most sense.
Of course they cannot over rep gen 1. It just epends what you think 'over rep' means. It is by far the most iconic one, and all generations of pokemon are NOT made equal, not even in terms of content (nmerically OR in terms of what they introduce). In that regard, gens 2 and 5 really dont even matter.

Now, please explain to me why you think Greninja is a spiritual successor to Squirtle. I went in depth as to how this doesn't even make sense without a grass starter, particularly since they play nothing alike. This is more akin to Lucario being a spiritual successor to Pichu. I ask you to explain this to me.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Of course they cannot over rep gen 1. It just epends what you think 'over rep' means. It is by far the most iconic one, and all generations of pokemon are NOT made equal, not even in terms of content (nmerically OR in terms of what they introduce). In that regard, gens 2 and 5 really dont even matter.

Now, please explain to me why you think Greninja is a spiritual successor to Squirtle. I went in depth as to how this doesn't even make sense without a grass starter, particularly since they play nothing alike. This is more akin to Lucario being a spiritual successor to Pichu. I ask you to explain this to me.
I could give a cow turd about gen 5, but NEVER say Gen 2 really doesn't matter.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Looking at Greninja, he's more of a Sceptile spirtual successor. Fast mixed-attackers that broke the archetypes of their typing. Grass-types, I think - I'm not that knowledgeable on Pokémon -, were more special-based and kind of sluggish while Sceptile was physical and hella fast. Water-types are bulky, but Greninja's a glass cannon who's also hella fast. That said, Serperior would make far more sense as a Sceptile spirtual successor since they're both fast Grass-types.

Blastoise was a tank; Greninja's a bomber.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Things I wish to see in Sm4sh:

I wish to have Ness with Paula, Jeff, and Poo as alts. (but I know it will never happen :()

Captain Falcon's Final Smash to look something like this:

I can only dream, can't I? :grin:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero

The first part is subjective, because every generation has sold well.

The second part, all I meant, is that putting two water starters in would be asinine. So they picked the more recent one to rep their newest game, the one people are aware of. Yea gamers know squirtle, but the average 10 year old now hasnt even seen a gameboy advance unless he's a hardcore pokemon fan. People on these boards get hung up on their favorites, and thats fine. But between an old water starter from a gen thats over 15 year olds, and the most recent one from a game thats still popular, you take the new one every time. You love trainer, we know that, I liked him too, but he's not gonna work in this game and theres no logical way to justify including a second water starter and the least popular starter from gen 1's least popular evolutionary line.

tl;dr There's no way to justify 2 water starters in the same game without cutting other pokemon, and who from the list is less important than squirtle (besides arguably jigglypuff who relavence to smash probably redeems her)

GrandHc

Smash Rookie
Don know if this was mentioned or not (new to this thread): http:// www .gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/70005736/795485966
(Remove the spaces between www)

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Feraligatr would of been swell for Melee. That ship is sailed and it's a shame that time ran short. Pichu didn't really exemplify the best of gen 2.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Hey guys, look what I found on my computer! It's my very first Smash 4 prediction roster from right after E3 2013!!! I was (and am) really against cuts, and this was my "optimistic version of the roster," as I had another one that capped at 45 characters. I didn't do all that bad with guessing new comers, I guess. Didn't really do all that well, either, lol.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
And why is snake lumped with them? While mewtwo who is still in no better positioning then he was before is somehow possible?
I really don't think if Snake isn't on the main roster (I thought he was until recently) that they have no plans to add him. I just think if they are going to put in a 3rd party he makes it on the main roster.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I really don't think if Snake isn't on the main roster (I thought he was until recently) that they have no plans to add him. I just think if they are going to put in a 3rd party he makes it on the main roster.
Theres nothing to say that it couldnt happen though. And if that job listing for smash bros 6 means anything we might get a super version of the game sometime next year. Even if he isnt on the main roster, there is always the possibility if DLC or another release happens.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Theres nothing to say that it couldnt happen though. And if that job listing for smash bros 6 means anything we might get a super version of the game sometime next year. Even if he isnt on the main roster, there is always the possibility if DLC or another release happens.
DLC, based on that listing and the treatment other Nintendo games have received recently, is near guaranteed in my mind.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
What would the super version be called? Super Super Smash Bros.? Ultra Super Smash Bros.? Hyper Super Smash Bros.? SSJ2 Smash Bros.?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
What would the super version be called? Super Super Smash Bros.? Ultra Super Smash Bros.? Hyper Super Smash Bros.? SSJ2 Smash Bros.?
Ultimate Nintendo vs Sega vs Capcom vs Namco 2.

And guys look at this, I made it when Rosalina got announced and I joined the forums.. hahaha (I had bias against Pac and Little Mac):

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Ultimate Nintendo vs Sega vs Capcom vs Namco 2.

And guys look at this, I made it when Rosalina got announced and I joined the forums.. hahaha (I had bias against Pac and Little Mac):

You actually liked chrom and shulk back then? I thought you hated them
BTW I wouldn't touch that roster with a 6ft pole :troll:

Last edited:

Naoshi

I could give a cow turd about gen 5, but NEVER say Gen 2 really doesn't matter.
Gen 2 is the best! HIGH FIVE! *high five*

Unfortunately, Nintendo really doesn't care about gen 2 when it comes to Smash Bros. Gen 2's only rep was a joke pokemon (who was also a last minute addition), and Brawl remixed songs from Gens 1, 3, and 4... but 2 was left out in the cold with just the Melee remix. I always wanted to see a Johto stage but it may never happen... :(

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
You actually liked chrom and shulk back then? I though you hated him
BTW I wouldn't touch that roster with a 6ft pole :troll:
Oh, this was before I played Awakening. And it's not like I don't like Shulk, it's just his hype died with everyone saying he was a shoe-in.

And yeah, I understand some of this is a bit questionable haha.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Still think Blaziken is a perfect addition to smash (All about gen 3 :awesome:) but it won't happen...

Oh, this was before I played Awakening. And it's not like I don't like Shulk, it's just his hype died with everyone saying he was a shoe-in.
And yeah, I understand some of this is a bit questionable haha.
Ah. Yeah I agree, I almost disliked shulk for that reason only, but that just didn't seem fair to the character. And now I like him...funny how that worked out XD

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I guess since we are all showing our first rosters, I may as well show mine that was made by one of my first internet friends that was made back in September of 2012
EDIT:Minus the Hardin. I was a huge Lyn supporter back then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom