• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I agree with this sentiment, with 4 veterans yet to be determined and only five more slots on top of our 14 (17 counting all other leaked characters aside from Dr. Mario); I believe that betting in favor of at least one of those remaining spaces being a veteran is logical at worst. If not, we certainly have more newcomers than Brawl which would be a wonderful surprise given Sakurai's stance on the roster size. Albeit, a great portion of the newcomers are clones. But whatevs.
I'm not so sure anymore, i mean Wolf has grey fur, and we all know Sakurai hates grey fur.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I agree with this sentiment, with 4 veterans yet to be determined and only five more slots on top of our 14 (17 counting all other leaked characters aside from Dr. Mario); I believe that betting in favor of at least one of those remaining spaces being a veteran is logical at worst. If not, we certainly have more newcomers than Brawl which would be a wonderful surprise given Sakurai's stance on the roster size. Albeit, a great portion of the newcomers are clones. But whatevs.
Yeah but for some reason i think we are going to get only 3 more characters not 5 :dr-_-:

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm not so sure anymore, i mean Wolf has grey fur, and we all know Sakurai hates grey fur.
This is true; however, Sakurai also loves "dark" forms of characters. Wolf is close enough to Dark Fox. :troll:

If Wolf is cut, I do hope that he is offered as a costume via Grey Fox... but we meet the original crux of that prospect. Sakurai hates grey fur.
:wolf:

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
This is true; however, Sakurai also loves "dark" forms of characters. Wolf is close enough to Dark Fox. :troll:

If Wolf is cut, I do hope that he is offered as a costume via Grey Fox... but we meet the original crux of that prospect. Sakurai hates grey fur.
The problem is that if Snake gets cut, using Grey Fox's name would be against copyrights :troll:.

Maxilian

Smash Ace

Do you imagine getting a "wolf" as a palette for Fox (only colors, not even a costume), the biggest slap in the face Sakurai could give to wolf fans/players :troll:

Morbi

Scavenger
Do you imagine getting a "wolf" as a palette for Fox (only colors, not even a costume), the biggest slap in the face Sakurai could give to wolf fans/players :troll:
Probably, I am not most Wolf fans, but I would be very pleased with that result. Then again, I am content with Falcondorf whilst most Ganon fans want him to be more reminiscent to canon Ganon. In my subjective opinion, if you are in the game in some way, shape or form... that is better than not being in the game at all.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Probably, I am not most Wolf fans, but I would be very pleased with that result. Then again, I am content with Falcondorf whilst most Ganon fans want him to be more reminiscent to canon Ganon. In my subjective opinion, if you are in the game in some way, shape or form... that is better than not being in the game at all.
So would you be ok if he and the rest of the Star Wolf team were bosses?

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
How is 2 out of 14 (That we know about) a great portion? :p

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Not only would I be okay with that, it would be preferable. I suppose it depends though, are Pigma and Krystal on the team or not? :wolf:
Pigma and Andrew are dead, and Krystal is Fox's Waifu so no :awesome:
But you get the smug Panther Carosso and Leon Powalski :wolf:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Oh and i just saw the Bayonetta 2 Direct thing, so Bayonetta will be revealed, nuff' said.

mark welford

Smash Ace
agreed but I would for one of those slots to be wolf and I think for sure he is in the wii u version of the game.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Maybe we'll get a miniature version of Ganondorf this time, so that he becomes top tier. Yes that would work, we'd call him:
GANONDWARF!
descarga (18).jpg

epicgordan

Smash Ace
3DS Final Roster.png

Let me explain: The second to last row is reserved for characters that were not planned for the initial finalized roster, or were of incredibly low priority. For sure, Dr. Mario, Dixie Kong, Impa, Dark Pit, and Lucina are clones or semi clones. However, there is quite a story with Ridley and Mewtwo.

I cannot say with much certainty if they were the last characters added to the roster, but my guess would be that they were put down there in order to avoid ruining the structured order of the CSS. Mewtwo could have been added after receiving a ton of requests to bring him back, and thus was placed here in this row to avoid moving around the roster too much.

As for Ridley, my guess is, Sakurai had an idea on a unique gameplay mechanic, but due to the length of time to create a 100% unique moveset to satisfy the unique functions, decided to take two shortcuts. First, he had Ridley borrow a number of moves from Charizard; the second was the removal of aerials altogether, and I'll tell you why: Because Ridley is strictly an aerial fighter, he is never actually on the ground and is thus always hovering. The unique mechanic and his similarities to Charizard (both being dragons) helped make Ridley an easy late addition to make.

Everything else in the CSS follows the mold carefully. Shulk is still grouped with the third party characters for the sake of rudimentary roster placement.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I found this and it sums up the leak pretty well:

I think R.O.B. was a bad choice however, I think Black-Paint Pit would make a better Yzma.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I've wanted a character to be 100% in flight the whole time, someone like Ridley can introduce & patent the very first air-fighting. Thinking about it it'd be no walk in the park to design, but I've wanted a play-style like that for quite some time when I got into other fighting games. Anytime Ridley got launched downward to the stage ground, he'd have a regular meteor landing & gets up like anyone else with a roll / stand-up / wake-up attack, but he'd take to the air again hovering for his idle animation. Something like that would be interesting to see played.
EDIT: Lmao @ NeonBurrito NeonBurrito 's Emperor's New Groove.:cool: You may edit your post just for Dark Pit Yzma.:yoshi2: R.O.B. can be principal Amzy

Last edited:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I found this and it sums up the leak pretty well:

I think R.O.B. was a bad choice however, I think Black-Paint Pit would make a better Yzma.
uhm was ROB, one of the most important characters in SSE, an iconic nintendo face through history, unexpected in some form?

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
View attachment 24025

Let me explain: The second to last row is reserved for characters that were not planned for the initial finalized roster, or were of incredibly low priority. For sure, Dr. Mario, Dixie Kong, Impa, Dark Pit, and Lucina are clones or semi clones. However, there is quite a story with Ridley and Mewtwo.

I cannot say with much certainty if they were the last characters added to the roster, but my guess would be that they were put down there in order to avoid ruining the structured order of the CSS. Mewtwo could have been added after receiving a ton of requests to bring him back, and thus was placed here in this row to avoid moving around the roster too much.

As for Ridley, my guess is, Sakurai had an idea on a unique gameplay mechanic, but due to the length of time to create a 100% unique moveset to satisfy the unique functions, decided to take two shortcuts. First, he had Ridley borrow a number of moves from Charizard; the second was the removal of aerials altogether, and I'll tell you why: Because Ridley is strictly an aerial fighter, he is never actually on the ground and is thus always hovering. The unique mechanic and his similarities to Charizard (both being dragons) helped make Ridley an easy late addition to make.

Everything else in the CSS follows the mold carefully. Shulk is still grouped with the third party characters for the sake of rudimentary roster placement.
Needs more Vaati and Snake. :awesome:

Kriven

Smash Journeyman
I've wanted a character to be 100% in flight the whole time, someone like Ridley can introduce & patent the very first air-fighting. Thinking about it it'd be no walk in the park to design, but I've wanted a play-style like that for quite some time when I got into other fighting games. Anytime Ridley got launched downward to the stage ground, he'd have a regular meteor landing & gets up like anyone else with a roll / stand-up / wake-up attack, but he'd take to the air again hovering for his idle animation. Something like that would be interesting to see played.
I believe Firebrand from Marvel vs. Capcom 3 plays like this.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I believe Firebrand from Marvel vs. Capcom 3 plays like this.
Guess I forgot to add in my first sentence the words "in Smash Brothers"
I've wanted a character to be 100% in flight the whole time, someone like Ridley can introduce & patent the very first air-fighting in Smash Brothers.

My bad.:laugh:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

Advance upon my position.
MFW Ridley's air game is no match for Jigglypuff's.

Groose

Smash Champion
Today is the last day to rate in the RTC, you all should rate today, it feels bittersweet, as I won't be seeing much of @ Groose Groose anymore after the ratings, I gotta make my rating count. :p
Not true. See, I've always felt kind of handicapped by running Rate Their Chances. It's just taken up so much of my time (one to two hours every single day) that I really haven't really had time to do anything else on the board. Now that I don't have to spend such a large amount of time in one single thread, I can finally return to visiting all sorts of threads. I'll definitely be around quite a bit, and you'll be seeing my name in far more than the RTC thread.

Heck, maybe I'll actually have time to try to keep up with this thread again. Haven't done so since I first joined, and that was well over a year ago.

ManInTransit

Smash Rookie
NNID
ManInTransit
3DS FC
1203-9234-1405
Also, hate to say this, but if Dr. Mario does make the cut, Dr. Luigi will probably be there too. He got a WiiWare title.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Mr. L. seems like a better alt attire for Luigi. I mean c'mon, Sakurai loves dark type characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom