• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Why is Lemmy grabbing a dragonball?
And for everyone complaining about only one person being bowser jr at a time, I'm pretty sure lemmy just confirmed that there's over 9000 palette swaps.
How does Lemmy Confirm That?
Oh the missed opportunity of not having Dark Samus as one of the last clones at least.
Guess I'll have to resort to P:M to have a Fast Falling Samus. :p
She was already confirmed Assist Trophy so she wasn't gonna be a clone anyway.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well we have Wendy O. Koopa, so it's not like we're lacking in the furry bait sexy female department. :troll:

Possibly Dixie too.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
So, has it been confirmed what Skull Kid does? In the direct, it doesn't look like what he's supposed to do. . . You know, the one thing we all think of when we hear the name, "Skull Kid"

Burruni

Smash Hero
So, has it been confirmed what Skull Kid does? In the direct, it doesn't look like what he's supposed to do. . . You know, the one thing we all think of when we hear the name, "Skull Kid"
He mirrors the effect of Palkia. He rotates the screen 180 degrees.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
One winged angel plays in my head whenever I see this cut.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Still better than Nightmare.

lol turn the screen dark. So much more you could do with Mr. Shades.

ManInTransit

Smash Rookie
NNID
ManInTransit
3DS FC
1203-9234-1405
Posted this in its own thread and a moderator closed it, thankfully. I didn't realize this thread existed. Anyway, I'm copy/pasting my post. I haven't read all 1417 pages of character ideas, so some of these might be repeats, but let me know your thoughts.

So, I am relatively new to the forums. I am unsure of where to post this, but I wanted to get my thoughts out there and if the mods need to move my text to another thread, please feel free to do so.

Below is a list of what I think are potential playable characters that I have been wanting in the game. I have included some sample abilities, but by no means have I established a full moveset. These are up for debate and I would love your input.

Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
Touchdown has a BEAM SWORD guys. I know Shulk has overshadowed him at this point, but I think this Wii exclusive character is a no-brainer.

A "Triple Threat" Team: The Chorus Boys OR The Elite Beat Agents (Rhythm Heaven / Elite Beat Agents)
There has been discussion over The Chorus Boys making an appearance in the final game or as DLC (which is a rumor that has been negated on this forum), but I have yet to see any mention of another moderately successful music/rhythm game on the DS that happens to feature another set of three. Ideally, I think Agent J would be the ideal leader of the group, because he is featured on the box art and in all promotional material, but there is the opportunity for costume changes to Agent Spin, Chieftan or the Elite Beat Divas. Perhaps even Commander Kahn can be his own hidden character...

Professor E-Gadd (Luigi's Mansion, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon)
I know Luigi's final smash uses the Poltergeist 3000, but I think E-Gadd would have an interesting moveset, bashing people with the vacuum of the machine for his A moves and sucking as a standard B. I can see the screen shot now, Kirby and E-Gadd side-by-side, sucking with their respective B moves. Ah, Sakurai, make my dreams come true...

Melee Tribute Fighter (Super Smash Bros.)
Bear with me on this one, but if there was a Pokemon Trainer style character that could sub out Dr. Mario, Roy and Mewtwo, there's a chance it could work. Of course, the Down B would be missing from each of these characters' movesets, but those can be re-tooled, as many moves have been for this game.

The Mayor (Pikmin 2)
This may seem like a joke, but I would be giddy if they added The Mayor as a character. He wouldn't be a clone character. In fact, I don't think he should command Pikmin at all, but instead have moves based on money and various objects you can find in the Pikmin series. Final Smash: Make It Rain! (Gold coins come flying down from the sky.)

Tetra (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
I think if we can have Toon Link, we should have Tetra. She is spunky and could potentially have some different moves than Zelda/Sheik.

Ms. PAC-MAN (Ms. PAC-MAN)
Once again, if we have PAC-MAN, I don't see how we can't license the female counterpart. At least give it to us as an alternate costume.

Tails, Knuckles, etc. (Sonic Series)
People have talked enough about more Sonic characters making an appearance, so I won't dwell, but there's definitely potential there.

Paper Mario (Paper Mario Series)
"Oh, but he's a clone!" WRONG! The Paper Mario series capitalized on a lot that was wonky with the Mario RPG style, sometimes even making fun of Nintendo's former wrongdoings, but turned it into something with fan appeal and its own, unique voice. The party members were all unique and stylized. And of course, Mario has a ton of killer paper-themed moves, such as paper airplane, scissors and let us not forget the infamous hammer! Especially considering that Nintendo just released another Paper Mario title on the 3DS (incidentally, with Bowser Jr. as a primary villain), it's very possible he will appear. At the very least, can we get a Paper Mario: Sticker Star stage for 3DS and, even more hopeful, the Shadow Queen as an assist trophy? Think about it.

Billy Hatcher (Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg)
I never played this GC title, but it had a following, at least for a while. People may have forgotten about it by now, but he's an original, Nintendo exclusive character and I would hate to see him overlooked.

Agnès Oblige (Bravely Default)
Still haven't gotten around to trying Bravely Default, but there are four playable characters to choose from in that game. If one should make it, we need another female rep. Although Nintendo is making good in the women department. (Rosalina, Lucina, Palutena, etc.)

Aeron (Pandora's Tower)
A Wii exclusive. He might just be another swordfighter, but he's got a killer whip.

Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
Much speculation about this one. She may be deemed "too inappropriate" but that didn't stop Sakurai from adding a booty-shorts costume for Zero Suit Samus.

Vaati (The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass)
This game is in desperate need of villains and if they're waiting this long to announce Gannondorf, they may as well bring Vaati into the mix. He's got cool dark moves that rival Metaknight and since Skull Kid has been announced as an assist, this is kind of all the hope left for another Zelda villain.

Porky (Earthbound, Mother 3)
Another villain. He could ride around in his mechanical suit or use that for his final smash. Point is, his moveset would be different from Ness and Lucas because he is a boss character. Also, he appeared on Brawl, if that helps his cause.

Duck Hunt Dog (Duck Hunt)
You've heard this one before. Yadda, yadda. He'd be a fun quirk character, though. Kind of like R.O.B. in Brawl.

Dig Dug (Dig Dug)
Nintendo may have exhausted a lot of their budget on PAC-MAN, but I think this guy is way cooler. I grew up on he and PAC-MAN. One of those joysticks that you plug into the TV with five or so retro games on it. One of my favorite toys.

Petey Piranha (Super Mario Sunshine)
He was a boss in Brawl, but if they scaled him down in size, he could be a powerhouse like Bowser. Plus, as I mentioned, this game is severely lacking in villains.

Phoenix Wright (Phoenix Wright Series)
Yes, he was in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Yes, he is licensed to Capcom. Yes, he is not a typical "fighter". However, all of his games have been for Nintendo systems (excluding the recent iOS releases). Don't you think Nintendo might have some stock in bringing him on board?

Alucard (Castlevania Series)
I mean, who wouldn't want to play as Dracula? And the original Castlevania, after being released on primitive PC's for the time, debuted on a Nintendo system. Again, licensing, but Nintendo is already stretching themselves out, so it's always possible.

Ravio (The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds)
A major stretch, especially considering that Nintendo would jump on the Nabbit train before going with this guy. But he's still interesting enough to make him at the very least an assist trophy who gives out items.

Derek Stiles & Angie (Trauma Center Series)
They'd have to license from Atlus, but Trauma Center has only ever been on the DS and ported to the Wii to take advantage of touch / wiimote controls. I couldn't tell you what his moveset would look like, but he could probably bring some GUILT into the mix.

Krystal OR Slippy Toad (Star Fox Series)
Enough people want Krystal, but I think Slippy Toad would be hilarious. Maybe he's the one character in the game who trips.

Luneth (Final Fantasy III)
This game had a port on the DS when it initially came out. If Square-Enix won't license Sora, maybe they can give a little and let at least one of the four main protagonists make an appearance. Although the "faceless fighter" slot has already been given to The Villager, so I can't say my hopes are high.

I might've missed a few, but that is my working list. Also, it's late and my brain is foggy. Thoughts on this? Any other characters that realistically you would like to see?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
One thing still strikes me as odd for all this ESRB information that isn't a detail of design or me just griping about character choice. This is one really weird thing, in my eyes.

For the way the story goes, the North American ESRB received a video of gameplay about, primarily, new fighters and trophies that would correlate to information not already known about the game.

Here are the categories that'd most likely be judged in severity for this game and the things shown in the leaked videos and the swarm of pictures released the same day.

Cartoon/Fantasy Violence (Bowser Jr., Shulk?, Ganondorf?)
Crude Humor (:warioc:, his trophy stating the Waft is back was likely enough)
Simulated Gambling (Lottery for trophies)
Suggestive Themes (The trophies of Tharja & Krystal)

This all fairly adds up. Dr. Mario would basically be as he was in Melee, a pallet-changing clone with a few minor property changes on moves. Dark Pit would be using weapons the same as Pit (clone), or of the same tier for ESRB qualification (unique).

But... Duck Hunt. I really don't understand why this character wasn't seen. Say at least one of the multiple leakers who all somehow have parts of this information saw a match that contained the character, but couldn't capture it to post. Alright. Fairly reasonable. Then they should have been able to at least describe how his moveset works, akin to B-Jr. and Shulk in the Ninka leak.

I feel like the character representing a game that used a light gun to simulate killing ducks in hunting season would be one that would have required reviewing.
could likely pass for E10+, but I feel he would have needed to be shown.

That is something that just kinda unnerves me about how all these pieces align.

Food for thought about the lack of information about a probable-through-leak newcomer that I feel should've been seen by one of the people distributing the information about the video that would have been sent into the ESRB for review.
What I've been hearing is that this isn't the only video Nintendo has sent to the ESRB, and that it is an ongoing process because of the size of the game. The tag name "ESRB0083" is meant to signify that this is the 83rd Smash video that Nintendo has submitted. Duck Hunt was probably shown in greater detail in a later video.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Posted this in its own thread and a moderator closed it, thankfully. I didn't realize this thread existed. Anyway, I'm copy/pasting my post. I haven't read all 1417 pages of character ideas, so some of these might be repeats, but let me know your thoughts.

So, I am relatively new to the forums. I am unsure of where to post this, but I wanted to get my thoughts out there and if the mods need to move my text to another thread, please feel free to do so.

Below is a list of what I think are potential playable characters that I have been wanting in the game. I have included some sample abilities, but by no means have I established a full moveset. These are up for debate and I would love your input.

Touchdown has a BEAM SWORD guys. I know Shulk has overshadowed him at this point, but I think this Wii exclusive character is a no-brainer.

A "Triple Threat" Team: The Chorus Boys OR The Elite Beat Agents (Rhythm Heaven / Elite Beat Agents)
There has been discussion over The Chorus Boys making an appearance in the final game or as DLC (which is a rumor that has been negated on this forum), but I have yet to see any mention of another moderately successful music/rhythm game on the DS that happens to feature another set of three. Ideally, I think Agent J would be the ideal leader of the group, because he is featured on the box art and in all promotional material, but there is the opportunity for costume changes to Agent Spin, Chieftan or the Elite Beat Divas. Perhaps even Commander Kahn can be his own hidden character...

I know Luigi's final smash uses the Poltergeist 3000, but I think E-Gadd would have an interesting moveset, bashing people with the vacuum of the machine for his A moves and sucking as a standard B. I can see the screen shot now, Kirby and E-Gadd side-by-side, sucking with their respective B moves. Ah, Sakurai, make my dreams come true...

Bear with me on this one, but if there was a Pokemon Trainer style character that could sub out Dr. Mario, Roy and Mewtwo, there's a chance it could work. Of course, the Down B would be missing from each of these characters' movesets, but those can be re-tooled, as many moves have been for this game.

The Mayor (Pikmin 2)
This may seem like a joke, but I would be giddy if they added The Mayor as a character. He wouldn't be a clone character. In fact, I don't think he should command Pikmin at all, but instead have moves based on money and various objects you can find in the Pikmin series. Final Smash: Make It Rain! (Gold coins come flying down from the sky.)

I think if we can have Toon Link, we should have Tetra. She is spunky and could potentially have some different moves than Zelda/Sheik.

Once again, if we have PAC-MAN, I don't see how we can't license the female counterpart. At least give it to us as an alternate costume.

People have talked enough about more Sonic characters making an appearance, so I won't dwell, but there's definitely potential there.

"Oh, but he's a clone!" WRONG! The Paper Mario series capitalized on a lot that was wonky with the Mario RPG style, sometimes even making fun of Nintendo's former wrongdoings, but turned it into something with fan appeal and its own, unique voice. The party members were all unique and stylized. And of course, Mario has a ton of killer paper-themed moves, such as paper airplane, scissors and let us not forget the infamous hammer! Especially considering that Nintendo just released another Paper Mario title on the 3DS (incidentally, with Bowser Jr. as a primary villain), it's very possible he will appear. At the very least, can we get a Paper Mario: Sticker Star stage for 3DS and, even more hopeful, the Shadow Queen as an assist trophy? Think about it.

I never played this GC title, but it had a following, at least for a while. People may have forgotten about it by now, but he's an original, Nintendo exclusive character and I would hate to see him overlooked.

Still haven't gotten around to trying Bravely Default, but there are four playable characters to choose from in that game. If one should make it, we need another female rep. Although Nintendo is making good in the women department. (Rosalina, Lucina, Palutena, etc.)

Aeron (Pandora's Tower)
A Wii exclusive. He might just be another swordfighter, but he's got a killer whip.

Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
Much speculation about this one. She may be deemed "too inappropriate" but that didn't stop Sakurai from adding a booty-shorts costume for Zero Suit Samus.

This game is in desperate need of villains and if they're waiting this long to announce Gannondorf, they may as well bring Vaati into the mix. He's got cool dark moves that rival Metaknight and since Skull Kid has been announced as an assist, this is kind of all the hope left for another Zelda villain.

Another villain. He could ride around in his mechanical suit or use that for his final smash. Point is, his moveset would be different from Ness and Lucas because he is a boss character. Also, he appeared on Brawl, if that helps his cause.

You've heard this one before. Yadda, yadda. He'd be a fun quirk character, though. Kind of like R.O.B. in Brawl.

Dig Dug (Dig Dug)
Nintendo may have exhausted a lot of their budget on PAC-MAN, but I think this guy is way cooler. I grew up on he and PAC-MAN. One of those joysticks that you plug into the TV with five or so retro games on it. One of my favorite toys.

He was a boss in Brawl, but if they scaled him down in size, he could be a powerhouse like Bowser. Plus, as I mentioned, this game is severely lacking in villains.

Yes, he was in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Yes, he is licensed to Capcom. Yes, he is not a typical "fighter". However, all of his games have been for Nintendo systems (excluding the recent iOS releases). Don't you think Nintendo might have some stock in bringing him on board?

I mean, who wouldn't want to play as Dracula? And the original Castlevania, after being released on primitive PC's for the time, debuted on a Nintendo system. Again, licensing, but Nintendo is already stretching themselves out, so it's always possible.

A major stretch, especially considering that Nintendo would jump on the Nabbit train before going with this guy. But he's still interesting enough to make him at the very least an assist trophy who gives out items.

They'd have to license from Atlus, but Trauma Center has only ever been on the DS and ported to the Wii to take advantage of touch / wiimote controls. I couldn't tell you what his moveset would look like, but he could probably bring some GUILT into the mix.

Enough people want Krystal, but I think Slippy Toad would be hilarious. Maybe he's the one character in the game who trips.

This game had a port on the DS when it initially came out. If Square-Enix won't license Sora, maybe they can give a little and let at least one of the four main protagonists make an appearance. Although the "faceless fighter" slot has already been given to The Villager, so I can't say my hopes are high.

I might've missed a few, but that is my working list. Also, it's late and my brain is foggy. Thoughts on this? Any other characters that realistically you would like to see?
Suda51 has stated to no longer have interest with Nintendo. Travis is solely from M rated games for SO many reasons.

The EBA are LUCKY if they get to be an AT.

E. Gadd isn't happening.

Pokemon Trainer was Scrapped and ZSS/Sheik were removed from their other halves because the 3DS version can't handle a multi-moveset character. So your Melee hero is scrapped.

Pikmin isn't going to get a second representative. The moves you mentioned are better spent on Meowth or Fire Emblem's Anna.

Tetra is a contender IF Zelda's getting a 6th character.

Ms. Pacman/Tails/Knuckles/PheonixWright have 0% chance of being a separate character until Nintendo buys Namco/Sega/Capcom.

Paper Mario isn't likely at this point.

Billy Hatcher belongs to Sega. So he's another Tails/Knuckles case.

Agnes/Luneth would NOT be Square Enix's representative. It'd be someone much more iconic in FF, Dragon's Quest, or Geno. And we're just not seeing a 4th third party rep in the game.

Never heard of Aeron, even in the 100+ Mega Roster thread.

Bayonetta is 2lewd4Smash and what could have been with her is in ZSS.

Vaati's a less likely Tetra. Ravio's impossible at this point.

Porky/Krystal/Slippy are not gonna happen especially since their franchises are clinging to reps as is.

Dig dug isn't going to happen.

Petey is incredibly unlikely, basically impossible.

Alucard's another case of there's not gonna be a 4th 3rd Party.

Derek has no place because he's, once again, 3rd party and we already have a Doc people are upset are on the roster.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW

The Mayor (Pikmin 2)

Aeron (Pandora's Tower)

Bayonetta (Bayonetta)

Dig Dug (Dig Dug)

I put a strike through on the ones I like

Last edited:

ManInTransit

Smash Rookie
NNID
ManInTransit
3DS FC
1203-9234-1405
Are you trolling right now?
No, I am not trolling. Those are just my ideal candidates. I was trying to be original while confining myself to what might actually be possible, but I admit a lot of them are stretches.

Suda51 has stated to no longer have interest with Nintendo. Travis is solely from M rated games for SO many reasons.

E. Gadd isn't happening.

Pokemon Trainer was Scrapped and ZSS/Sheik were removed from their other halves because the 3DS version can't handle a multi-moveset character. So your Melee hero is scrapped.

Pikmin isn't going to get a second representative. The moves you mentioned are better spent on Meowth or Fire Emblem's Anna.

Ms. Pacman/Tails/Knuckles/PheonixWright have 0% chance of being a separate character until Nintendo buys Namco/Sega/Capcom.

Agnes/Luneth would NOT be Square Enix's representative. It'd be someone much more iconic in FF, Dragon's Quest, or Geno. And we're just not seeing a 4th third party rep in the game.

Porky/Krystal/Slippy are not gonna happen especially since their franchises are clinging to reps as is.

Derek has no place because he's, once again, 3rd party and we already have a Doc people are upset are on the roster.
Valid points. If the EBA at least made it to Assist Trophy status, I would be happy.

I put a strike through on the ones I like
Thanks for your input! Those are some of my favorites too. ;)

Perhaps I'll get my chance... another day...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
No, I am not trolling. Those are just my ideal candidates. I was trying to be original while confining myself to what might actually be possible, but I admit a lot of them are stretches.
Stretches? A giant list of pretty much impossible characters is realistic to you?

Christ, even if they were possible, we'd be getting into a near 100 character roster. Your expectations are insane.

Last edited:

ManInTransit

Smash Rookie
NNID
ManInTransit
3DS FC
1203-9234-1405
Stretches? A giant list of pretty much impossible characters is realistic to you?

Christ, even if they were possible, we'd be getting into a near 100 character roster. Your expectations are insane.
It's not an expectation, it's a wish list. We're allowed to dream, right?

ManInTransit

Smash Rookie
NNID
ManInTransit
3DS FC
1203-9234-1405
Awesome wolf wanting and a massive furry fandom that followed Krystal with a few guys like me who wanted her in cuz they cared about starfox and thought her Moveset would be cool.
I remember Krystal being a major contender on forums at the time. Fox and Falco have become "the industry standard" but there is hope out there!

D

Deleted member

A second sonic rep wouldn't be too out there in the near future. If you had to name a third party that majorly affected Nintendo, Sega would be the one that came to mind. These two were the combatants of what was pretty much the first console war.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
A second sonic rep wouldn't be too out there in the near future. If you had to name a third party that majorly affected Nintendo, Sega would be the one that came to mind. These two were the combatants of what was pretty much the first console war.
There will never be two third parties from the same company. Its bad enough that this is supposed to be a Nintendo all-stars game and has three third parties(I'm not complaining though, I love all three) but to add even more from the same third party company is ridiculous and gives the company too much representation

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
There will never be two third parties from the same company. Its bad enough that this is supposed to be a Nintendo all-stars game and has three third parties(I'm not complaining though, I love all three) but to add even more from the same third party company is ridiculous and gives the company too much representation
If a company gains a close relationship than I could see a possibility of two 3rd party characters from the same series. But, I seriously doubt something like this will happen. Especially since, like you said, this is a game dedicated to Nintendo All-Stars.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

E. Gadd isn't happening.

I'm sorry, but yes, you can consider Paper Mario likely.

I already stated this multiple time, but MOST (only few exceptions) stages has at least one playable rep. The stage having literally the name of the series would mean that it's not really a mario location, because they interpret the location as the series itself, not a location in a series. With a TTYD section, it's quite unlikely to not have a stage on WiiU (again, already stated why, but it's just not consistent to not have one).

The leak? doesn't change anything because the stage is in the leak and the name got confirmed already and if you're about to bring repping, then I'm done because 4 fe rep and so far, 7 mario rep. That also ignores own series possibility (imo, I think it's more likely with the way the stage was teased).

5 slots remaining: Ridley, mewtwo, wolf OR lucas, ice climbers and him. I don't think it's far fetched to have one cut of the 3, but again, that's really hard to speculate on cuts so, let's consider everything.

Dr mario? Tell me how it has to do something and I'll talk. Same for jr.

It mostly relies on that stage. Without it, I wouldn't even say unlikely but [in the dark] which means not enough evidences and really hard to put a conclusion. Tough, that would be highly subjective, but here, the leak doesn't change the stage.

So, the "at this point" implied "since the recent leak" and I tell you, nothing changed.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
He pretty much has a better chance than most other characters, given that he's an alternate Mario.
In retrospect to many characters, and almost all characters on his list, he has a better chance than them.

However, with the limited number of slots left on the roster if the ESRB leak is correct for the full roster bar 5 characters, I doubt that he will be one of those five. We have a number of veterans, with varying chances, fighting for those slots (:popo::icsmelee:, :lucas:,:wolf:,:squirtle:, :ivysaur:, :mewtwopm:) alongside a narrowing pool of newcomers. He has a better chance than some, or most deppending on the size of the pool that you look at. However, we are looking at 1-3 newcomers left (in my opinion) and of them I don't see Paper Mario being one.

He's possible, but not likely. That's MY opinion. There's evidence for him. There's evidence for others. In 10 days we'll know for sure. You can consider him likely, but that doesn't always mean you should, and I don't. I'm not telling you to feel the same, but I am asking you understand I have a differing opinion.

Last edited:

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Does anyone think mewtwo and ridley have a chance to make it in?
Mewtwo is a veteran, a hugely iconic and currently relevant Pokémon, and one of the most requested characters worldwide so he has a stronger case for inclusion than pretty much anybody else not already on the leaked roster.

Ridley's pretty much a coin toss at this point.

D

Deleted member

I already stated this multiple time, but MOST (only few exceptions) stages has at least one playable rep. The stage having literally the name of the series would mean that it's not really a mario location, because they interpret the location as the series itself, not a location in a series. With a TTYD section, it's quite unlikely to not have a stage on WiiU (again, already stated why, but it's just not consistent to not have one).
Isn't the paper mario stage currently unnamed? Where did you get this name?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Isn't the paper mario stage currently unnamed? Where did you get this name?
The stage is literally named Paper Mario in the magazine scans from Famitsu, although it might not be localized as that. Honestly, it makes sense to call it Paper Mario, since its a general representation of Paper Mario overall.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The stage is literally named Paper Mario in the magazine scans from Famitsu, although it might not be localized as that. Honestly, it makes sense to call it Paper Mario, since its a general representation of Paper Mario overall.
Yeah but also that it consider the series to be the location itself which is what makes this name weird to get that much broader in series rep considering there's a TTYD section.

Because then, it's not just for 3ds, but more global so, it wuld have good chances to be repped on WiiU. Which is why it makes me feel like it's a tease.

mark welford

Smash Ace
if correct with the 5 slots wolf could be like brawl a late unlockable in the game that all-star picture confirms that there are characters left and I know what I am about to say is going to get quoting me but here goes I think there is no way those 5 slots left are all newcomers at least one of them in my opinion will be a veteran.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
if correct with the 5 slots wolf could be like brawl a late unlockable in the game that all-star picture confirms that there are characters left and I know what I am about to say is going to get quoting me but here goes I think there is no way those 5 slots left are all newcomers at least one of them in my opinion will be a veteran.
I agree with this sentiment, with 4 veterans yet to be determined and only five more slots on top of our 14 (17 counting all other leaked characters aside from Dr. Mario); I believe that betting in favor of at least one of those remaining spaces being a veteran is logical at worst. If not, we certainly have more newcomers than Brawl which would be a wonderful surprise given Sakurai's stance on the roster size. Albeit, a great portion of the newcomers are clones. But whatevs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom