• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Sakurai said that a younger Link is important, so yeah.

That's not what JC said. He said "Yeah. Just like-" but stopped himself there, answering someone's question about Fox getting a stun gun for customization. JC could have referred to Falcon.

And even if he was going to mention Wolf (we can't know for sure), he could have easily said "Just like Wolf in Brawl". It means nothing, really. Don't get your hopes up.
It was "Or Wo-" not "Just like"

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wait... Mach Rider? How's he gonna fight? Is he going to pull some Final Fantasy: Advent Children-type combat?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
How are you people getting Wolf from that?! He says "dude... wait." Are you reading his lips?

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Because Shrek hasn't been confirmed yet.
You have no idea how much that would work if I still had my old sig.

Snake doesn't appear on the game cover and isn't announced yet like the rest of the 3rd parties, I'm convinced that the 5 characters that weren't on that leak are Ridley, Impa, Mach Rider, Dixie Kong and Mewtwo
We don't even know if the other 3 3rd party characters will be on the back of the game yet since all we've seen is the front and they aren't on there either.

Also, the leak with the 5 other characters you have is apparently debunked by @vaanrose

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I don't see the real point in cutting Wolf to be honest. Isn't he almost as time consuming as Toon Link is? They should have cut him instead. He's another Link...

Thinking about it, Dr. Mario should have been in Brawl over Young/Toon Link even.

That's why I'm 95% sure Wolf is back. Sakurai isn't that stupid.

And the NOA guy saying "Or Wo-- Oh, I can't talk about that yet"
That's what bothers me. Wolf was fairly similar to Fox, but vastly different compared to Link and Toon Link. Same could be said for Lucas.

D

Deleted member

Toph is actually the one that says "Or Wo-", listen closely and you can tell it is his voice.

(I suggest playing the video at 0.5 speed.)

JC only says "dude...wait" as @ ~Krystal~ ~Krystal~ pointed out.

Last edited by a moderator:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
You certainly maintain an odd definition of "realistic.". :troll:
Well realistic to the other characters I want (Shuckle, Black Knight, Young Link, and Happy Mask Salesman to name a few). If Black emo angsty angry dark pit is in, anything is possible :troll:

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Posted this earlier on the ESRB leak thread and on the RTC thread, but it pertains here as well, so I'll mention it again..
If the Esrb are in the US, And the game's rating was revealed on the 16th of June, That means that the leaked images/videos were taken in the previous weeks.
This would be in english 3 months before the US release date on October 3rd.
I'm almost positive this isn't the whole roster; An English copy wouldn't be nearly complete nearly 3 months before release with complete translated content. Not to mention that the second to last row has one missing slot, which would be AWFUL Graphic design. I don't know how long it takes to program in characters, but I'm pretty sure 3 months would be enough time to add or finish polishing veterans or unfinished newcomers.
Don't give up hope because your character, veteran or newcomer, wasn't in the leak.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Posted this earlier on the ESRB leak thread and on the RTC thread, but it pertains here as well, so I'll mention it again..
If the Esrb are in the US, And the game's rating was revealed on the 16th of June, That means that the leaked images/videos were taken in the previous weeks.
I'm almost positive this isn't the whole roster; An English copy wouldn't be nearly complete nearly 3 months before release with complete translated content. Not to mention that the second to last row has one missing slot, which would be AWFUL Graphic design. I don't know how long it takes to program in characters, but I'm pretty sure 3 months would be enough time to add or finish polishing veterans or unfinished newcomers.
Don't give up hope because your character, veteran or newcomer, wasn't in the leak.

See there are a few things that bother me though.

1. All-Star mode is locked in the picture apparently. However, not only is Nintendo supposed to show all locked content to ESRB, but All-Star mode is never shown on the menu unless you can play it.

2. Adding content after ESRB views that game I'm pretty sure is against the rules. You can only add it as DLC. Hence "Online Interactions are not rated by the ESRB"

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
You have no idea how much that would work if I still had my old sig.

We don't even know if the other 3 3rd party characters will be on the back of the game yet since all we've seen is the front and they aren't on there either.

Also, the leak with the 5 other characters you have is apparently debunked by @vaanrose
We have indeed seen the back of the game and it doesn't show snake, I highly doubt Snake is returning at this point, I'm still convinced those character might get in

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Thjis is very posible, i want to add, regarding said leak that it seems that it was somewhat old, and it was only knew to only a select few which the leaker probably trusted wouldn't reveal the info. then came this guy who was shown the video and spoiled the beans creating all the drama.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina::drmario:(Bowser Jr):4yoshi::wario::4dk::4diddy:(Dixie)
:4link::4tlink::4zelda::4sheik::ganondorf:(Impa):4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4shulk::4villager:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::jigglypuff::mewtwopm::4samus::4zss:(Ridley):4pit::4palutena:(Dark Pit)
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4wiifit::4littlemac::4olimar::4falcon::ness2::rob::gw::4fox::falco:
(Duck Hunt Dog) (Mach Rider):4pacman::4sonic::4megaman:
:4mii:
This is my final prediction roster, we lost :snake::wolf::ivysaur::squirtle::lucas:, so 34 characters return from brawl and we gained 20 newcomers, if this is the roster then it's the best roster that they have ever done
I like the fact that you remember Dr Mario, but not Ice Climbers. Oh how much they would hate to be thrown off the top of the summit and never be heard from again

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
We have indeed seen the back of the game and it doesn't show snake, I highly doubt Snake is returning at this point, I'm still convinced those character might get in
Snake's all about stealth. If he was caught, then that means he failed.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I don't recall seeing it, unless you mean that one image from a while back, which obviously isn't the back of the game, but more of a promotional image, since it didn't even have all the names of the different companies credited.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I don't recall seeing it, unless you mean that one image from a while back, which obviously isn't the back of the game, but more of a promotional image, since it didn't even have all the names of the different companies credited.
No, they just weren't all credited since they aren't on the case. For instance, Intelligent Systems isn't on Melee's box art.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace

1. All-Star mode is locked in the picture apparently. However, not only is Nintendo supposed to show all locked content to ESRB, but All-Star mode is never shown on the menu unless you can play it.

2. Adding content after ESRB views that game I'm pretty sure is against the rules. You can only add it as DLC. Hence "Online Interactions are not rated by the ESRB"
But you see, For all we know the esrb could have rated the game back in...Say, June, but the rating was withheld to the public until the robin/lucina trailer. this would be a fairly old build (3-4 months, In ENGLISH no less), so possibly in that time they could have made changes like removing the lock or not show all star until unlocking all characters... Or perhaps all star appears when you unlock all stages but doesn't allow access until all characters are unlocked, or vice versa.
Also in theory there could be a Day One patch, but who knows? We'll just have to wait and find out.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
But you see, For all we know the esrb could have rated the game back in...Say, June, but the rating was withheld to the public until the robin/lucina trailer. this would be a fairly old build (3-4 months, In ENGLISH no less), so possibly in that time they could have made changes like removing the lock or not show all star until unlocking all characters... Or perhaps all star appears when you unlock all stages but doesn't allow access until all characters are unlocked, or vice versa.
Also in theory there could be a Day One patch, but who knows? We'll just have to wait and find out.
For sure. I mean, I'm not saying it can't happen. But thinking about it, why would the leaker say "I haven't unlocked all the characters" when everything he showed us was from an ESRB DVD? That wording strikes me odd, since technically, he isn't playing the game. I didn't even think about that until now. I'm thinking there are still four more characters at least, but still.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord

Only general gameplay and the most objectionable content needs to be shown to the ESRB. If anything added later doesn't exceed what was already shown, it doesn't matter. The ESRB doesn't view everything.

D

Deleted member

Would the same thing apply to veteran characters? ERSB already reviewed them. Dunno how it works though :p

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well the social thread is dead again.

Damn that fourth Chaos Emerald.

So, still holding out hope that Sakurai held back some characters from being shown to the ESRB?

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
I'm not taking anything as fact until I have official word. The only thing I'm 100% convinced about is Bowser Jr. as a newcomer, along with obvious returners like Wario and Ganondorf.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm not taking anything as fact until I have official word. The only thing I'm 100% convinced about is Bowser Jr. as a newcomer, along with obvious returners like Wario and Ganondorf.
To be fair, Ganondorf was spotted in the "official" trailer. You do not really need "official word" to discern his inclusion.

Last edited:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I share the same stance. The roster pic just has so many things wrong with it.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
okay so the "final" roster is pretty much known, but i wish they would at least include more music from nostalgic games, even if they don't have viable characters, like this one from UN Squadron.. couldn't at least be an alternate track on a star fox level or something? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSFm_EaLRmQ

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You clearly have the right mindset for this. Nothing is truly a known fact until it's officially confirmed, of if there's decisive evidence that proves it beyond any shadow of doubt. We cannot say that something is absolutely going to happen unless we really know that something is absolutely going to happen.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
You clearly have the right mindset for this. Nothing is truly a known fact until it's officially confirmed, of if there's decisive evidence that proves it beyond any shadow of doubt. We cannot say that something is absolutely going to happen unless we really know that something is absolutely going to happen.
Bam, Ganondorf cut for Groose. That's what you get for leakin'. :p

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
okay so the "final" roster is pretty much known, but i wish they would at least include more music from nostalgic games, even if they don't have viable characters, like this one from UN Squadron.. couldn't at least be an alternate track on a star fox level or something? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSFm_EaLRmQ
That music would rock on the Pilot Wings Resort Stage.

Edit: The Selection on the U.N. Squadron game has the same Game Mode Selector Guy as Street Fighter 2 the World Warrior had (or something that looks similar).

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Bah, Everything's confirmed, Wolf is gone, it's over guys, FIN.
No new Metroid rep? Not even Anthony? No new DK rep? Not even Cranky? That's it. I'm travelling into the future to stop myself from pre-ordering this game. This roster is the final straw. I will be buying it on day 2. Sakurai, you had your chances.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
That music would rock on the Pilot Wings Resort Stage.

Edit: The Selection on the U.N. Squadron game has the same Game Mode Selector Guy as Street Fighter 2 the World Warrior had.
That would fit great, nintendo needs to start hitting up third parties more for music and stage themes at least..really make smash bros an homage to nintendo and video game glory years.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
As someone who wants groose, I'd take that, never really liked falcondorf anyway
It just stinks that Ganondorf had the Falcon moveset to begin with, I mean he is the main villain of Zelda. The Great King of Evil should get something of his own for being such a huge entity from the Zelda Universe.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I guess I was getting greedy wanting Mewtwo and King K to make this roster really good. I ended up getting two other characters I wanted less (Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr. in the stupid Clown Car) and end up losing two of the vets I liked.

Don't be greedy guys.

I really hope this isn't the final roster.

It just stinks that Ganondorf had the Falcon moveset to begin with, I mean he is the main villain of Zelda. The Great King of Evil should get something of his own for being such a huge entity from the Zelda Universe.
Well Ganondorf wouldn't be in melee otherwise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom