• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Well, my dear Ridley supporters, Mega Man brings a 3rd party to the table with the ability to do stuff. And Toon Zelda could swith between her and Tetra like Samus and ZSS in Brawl.
Actually, I couldn't care less about Ridley. I want him in because he deserves it.

With that said, why can't Ridley "do stuff"? He's been around long enough to have plenty of moves.

Also transformation characters are gone, so that kills the chances of Toon Zelda switching between Tetra.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man Andy from Advance Wars would be awesome in Smash Bros. If I were Sakurai i'd add him and Isaac in as the perfect reps for the GBA era.

FalcoPaunch!121

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-9681-7388
Man Andy from Advance Wars would be awesome in Smash Bros. If I were Sakurai i'd add him and Isaac in as the perfect reps for the GBA era.
If the leaked roster were false, then those would be in my top 5 newcomers.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Sigh... Pigley. Seriously.Stinks.Like.A.Space.Pirate. Why do people want a Charizard clone!
Because people want another Metroid character. Metroid being one of Nintendo's biggest franchises (I'd say their 5th biggest, behind Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, and Kirby), having the Metroid representation being two different versions of Samus is pretty unfair. The thing is, Ridley has been in nearly all Metroid games, and is easily the main villain behind Mother Brain. (If any of this is inaccurate, feel free to call me out, I've barely played any Metroid). Also, he's a dragon, and dragons are cool.

Saying Ridley would be a Charizard clone is like saying Mega Man / Samus are clones, Link / Marth are clones, and Zelda / Peach are clones.

FalcoPaunch!121

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-9681-7388
Because people want another Metroid character. Metroid being one of Nintendo's biggest franchises (I'd say their 5th biggest, behind Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, and Kirby), having the Metroid representation being two different versions of Samus is pretty unfair. The thing is, Ridley has been in nearly all Metroid games, and is easily the main villain behind Mother Brain. (If any of this is inaccurate, feel free to call me out, I've barely played any Metroid). Also, he's a dragon, and dragons are cool.

Saying Ridley would be a Charizard clone is like saying Mega Man / Samus are clones, Link / Marth are clones, and Zelda / Peach are clones.
Dark Samus or Anthony or Sylux for Smash 5!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I'm pretty sure Ridley is the main antagonist of Metroid.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Literally the only two realistic characters I want in smash left.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Sadly I think this was their last chance for both of them. Intelligent Systems needs to make a new Advance Wars and Camelot a new Golden Sun.
This is sadly true. And their last releases were the worst ones in the series (according to reviews and sales and such). Maybe by the 5th they'll be retro candidates :awesome:

FalcoPaunch!121

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-9681-7388
Sadly I think this was their last chance for both of them. Intelligent Systems needs to make a new Advance Wars and Camelot a new Golden Sun.
Isaac has lots of support and could easily get the Lil' Mac treatment. Felix and Matthew could be alts. GSDD is bad, but still counts as a GS game, does it not?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Isaac has lots of support and could easily get the Lil' Mac treatment. Felix and Matthew could be alts. GSDD is bad, but still counts as a GS game, does it not?
If support really mattered to Sakurai then Ridley, King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Dixie and Isaac would be playable in this game.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Wario is the best GBA rep and we have him already.

Would not oppose Andy though. Advance Wars is so good.

Last edited:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Why do you like Doc? I would support Ridley over Doc. No offense.
Keep in mind that the leaker has stated that it isn't all the characters, so even if it's 100% real, I'd say there's room for 5 more characters.

Personally, my extra 5 would be Snake, Wolf, Lucas, Ridley, and K. Rool.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Keep in mind that the leaker has stated that it isn't all the characters, so even if it's 100% real, I'd say there's room for 5 more characters.

Personally, my extra 5 would be Snake, Wolf, Lucas, Ridley, and K. Rool.
Personally, I'd fit Mewtwo somewhere in there.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Ideally, my 5 would be Krystal, Snake, Dixie, Paper Mario and Ridley. I'm bracing myself for Toon Zelda, Chibi-Robo, Black Shadow, Pichu (why not?) and SoPo ("You see guys? I can make the climbers work." /mangles the character).

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina::drmario:(Bowser Jr):4yoshi::wario::4dk::4diddy:(Dixie)
:4link::4tlink::4zelda::4sheik::ganondorf:(Impa):4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4shulk::4villager:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::jigglypuff::mewtwopm::4samus::4zss:(Ridley):4pit::4palutena:(Dark Pit)
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4wiifit::4littlemac::4olimar::4falcon::ness2::rob::gw::4fox::falco:
(Duck Hunt Dog) (Mach Rider):4pacman::4sonic::4megaman:
:4mii:
This is my final prediction roster, we lost :snake::wolf::ivysaur::squirtle::lucas:, so 34 characters return from brawl and we gained 20 newcomers, if this is the roster then it's the best roster that they have ever done

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Actually, I couldn't care less about Ridley. I want him in because he deserves it.

With that said, why can't Ridley "do stuff"? He's been around long enough to have plenty of moves.

Also transformation characters are gone, so that kills the chances of Toon Zelda switching between Tetra.
Y'know, with how transformation was taken out due to performance issues, I wonder if future SSB's will take another stab at it. Melee didn't have any issues for whatever reason, but Brawl did because it was trying to look much better graphically and maybe the amount of everything the Wii had to process took a toll on performance. With a more powerful system(s), I don't think it'd be an issue.

Who knows, maybe Zelda and Sheik will become one again.

Toon Zelda will probably take the Phantom Slash attack, but I think she shouldn't. Instead, I think Toon Zelda should be able to switch from Toon Zelda and a Phantom Knight like in Spirit Tracks. Why? Well, regular Zelda is more like a powerful mage who's kind of slow while Sheik is more like a thief who's quick and upfront. Toon Zelda could be more like an archer-mage - the most memorable thing about her to me is her aiding Link in Wind Waker with the bow - and like Toon Link, is faster than her regular self. Possessing the Phantom Knight would make her into, well, a knight who's strong, slow, and powerful. This would make her much more different than Zelda/Sheik since she'd be Toon Zelda/Phantom Knight.

That said, if Toon Zelda took regular Zelda's move set albeit modified to fit her stubby legs and arms while Zelda becomes more like Twilight Princess and Hyrule Warriors Zelda who used a rapier, then Toon Zelda/Tetra would work. Tetra would be the first knife-wielding character so Tetra being a clone won't matter. Speaking of which, I think the team didn't want to include Tetra since if Toon Zelda/Tetra was supposed to exist and transformation being an issue, then including them now might not be a good idea. Hell, it'd be worse if they included them, but Toon Zelda was Tetra's Final Smash - I don't know, Toon Zelda could shoot a Triforce beam or something.

Toon Sheik makes no sense besides being an adorable character option.

Toon Ganon is already unique... Man's got a badass robe and dual swords.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina::drmario:(Bowser Jr):4yoshi::wario::4dk::4diddy:(Dixie)
:4link::4tlink::4zelda::4sheik::ganondorf:(Impa):4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4shulk::4villager:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::jigglypuff::mewtwopm::4samus::4zss:(Ridley):4pit::4palutena:(Dark Pit)
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4wiifit::4littlemac::4olimar::4falcon::ness2::rob::gw::4fox::falco:
(Duck Hunt Dog) (Mach Rider):4pacman::4sonic::4megaman:
:4mii:
This is my final prediction roster, we lost :snake::wolf::ivysaur::squirtle::lucas:, so 34 characters return from brawl and we gained 20 newcomers, if this is the roster then it's the best roster that they have ever done
Needs more Snake, Wolf, and Vaati. More Lucas would help too.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I don't see the real point in cutting Wolf to be honest. Isn't he almost as time consuming as Toon Link is? They should have cut him instead. He's another Link...

Thinking about it, Dr. Mario should have been in Brawl over Young/Toon Link even.

That's why I'm 95% sure Wolf is back. Sakurai isn't that stupid.

And the NOA guy saying "Or Wo-- Oh, I can't talk about that yet"

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I don't see the real point in cutting Wolf to be honest. Isn't he almost as time consuming as Toon Link is? They should have cut him instead. He's another Link...
Sakurai said that a younger Link is important, so yeah.

That's why I'm 95% sure Wolf is back.

And the NOA guy saying "Or Wo-- Oh, I can't talk about that yet"
That's not what JC said. He said "Yeah. Just like-" but stopped himself there, answering someone's question about Fox getting a stun gun for customization. JC could have referred to Falcon.

And even if he was going to mention Wolf (we can't know for sure), he could have easily said "Just like Wolf in Brawl". It means nothing, really. Don't get your hopes up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom