• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I find that the best sarcasm is when people actually think you are 100% serious. My sarcasm online is exactly how it is in real life: too good!.
Well there's a very simple reason.

You left home without this.

:troll:
That would be too easy for people. When I post, I want you to think hard and well and determine if there is a joke or not.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I find that the best sarcasm is when people actually think you are 100% serious. My sarcasm online is exactly how it is in real life: too good!.
If people can't tell that you're being sarcastic...

Is it really good sarcasm?

Regardless, if Ridley is a stage hazard, when do you think we'll know?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That would be too easy for people. When I post, I want you to think hard and well and determine if there is a joke or not.
This sums up my entire life on Smashboards.

Months ago. We've been waiting way too long for such a dissapointment.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi

Sarcasm is like a lie, you're really good if you are not caught.
Anyway, Ridley has a good chance to be revealed at E3 like most characters will be. If he is not, then my hopes and dreams are shattered.

I kind of guessed (which is why the emoticon was added later) but I wasn't sure. Sarcasm unfortunately doesn't carry well in text, particularly since this type of argument can get serious.
The way the sentence was written, I thought it was pretty obvious that the message about Shokio was sarcastic, but I guess I should be more obvious.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Has anyone said Ridley yet? That's what 4chan obviously jumped to. I thought of Olimar first, tbh.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

Has anyone said Ridley yet? That's what 4chan obviously jumped to. I thought of Olimar first, tbh.
Ohohoho,
Only thing against Ridley now is his possible stage hazard inclusion. Which is highly unlikely in the first place, so Ridley is looking better than ever! Expect Zero Suit Samus in the coming months guys, because we may be getting Ridley as our next Newcomer.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ohohoho,
Only thing against Ridley now is his possible stage hazard inclusion. Which is highly unlikely in the first place, so Ridley is looking better than ever! Expect Zero Suit Samus in the coming months guys, because we may be getting Ridley as our next Newcomer.
Since there's certainly going to be a new reveal in light of the VC GBA games, I'm expecting ZSS then, since Zero Mission.
Not Isaac though, because he's unlikely and we haven't gotten a newcomer for a release date yet.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
And thus finally being too big is confirmed NOT to be a problem.

Doshin the Giant and Kraid can now join in.

I'm only partially kidding. I'd love to see exactly what Sakurai would do with Doshin.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
And thus finally being too big is confirmed NOT to be a problem.

Doshin the Giant and Kraid can now join in.

I'm only partially kidding. I'd love to see exactly what Sakurai would do with Doshin.
Yeah, I have too. Maybe the more damage he takes, the more red he turns, and the more red, he turns slower and more powerful.
Kraid should be an Assist Trophy. He could make the stage turn upside down :troll:
Inkay should be a Pokeball that does that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you had to choose a new series character other than Shulk or Isaac, (Examples: Saki, Ray, Sukapon) Who is your favourite, who is the most likely, and who is the most unique?
Aside Shulk AND Isaac, I would say I want a Wonder from Wonderful 101, as someone who still hasn't finished it yet.

As for most likely, I would say Takamaru, followed by Lip who has more gameplay potential.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
It's understandable, I play a ton of fighting games myself although Smash is my favorite next to Darkstalkers. But anyways, we're talking about Blazblue, basically the sister series to Guilty Gear. Also, quick question to other Blazblue fans...who in the Nintendo universe could encompass THIS guy:

Bet you thought my main would be someone like Makoto or Litchi eh? Nope, this is my Blazblue Main...and his theme is kickass. :p
I don't have much knowledge on blazblue, but I think Vaati could be a good potential choice for something Arakune-like. Vaati has shapeshifting, curses and summoning abilities.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
If you had to choose a new series character other than Shulk or Isaac, (Examples: Saki, Ray, Sukapon) Who is your favourite, who is the most likely, and who is the most unique?
Hmm. Other than Isaac? Dillon.

Technically he's a mash up character of Sonic the Hedgehog(Spin dashing), Andy from Advance Wars(upgrading machinery) and Muddy Mole(Digging).

Also Duck Hunt Dog is pretty up there for me. Loved that game.

As for the most unique? Hard to say considering very few people thought Rosalina would play like THAT. Anyone can technically be unique, which is why I always find it hard to answer this.

If Rosalina was the only newcomer from a veteran franchise, who would you want to be newcomers so you won't be disappointed for the lack of Ridley/KRool/Waluigi/Palutena/Dixie/etc?

Mine would be Takamaru, Duck Hunt Dog, Wonder Red, Chibi Robo, Dillon, Shulk, Isaac, Saki, Mii, Andy/Sami and Lip.
Dillon, Duck Hunt Dog, Isaac, Andy/Sami, Lip, Chibi Robo, Some sort of Rhythm Heaven rep, Mach Rider, Doshin the Giant and Shulk I guess. I wouldn't be disappointed with Saki or Wonder Red either though.

For third parties; Pac-man, Bomberman or Rayman are fine by me.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Ironic that I was just ripping on Shokio last night, and here we are witha pic of the day that basically, FINALLY puts the "too big" argument to rest.

Finally. Now detractors can come up with real reasons for him to be excluded. My guess is, you can't!

?????????????

Smash Master
Ironic that I was just ripping on Shokio last night, and here we are witha pic of the day that basically, FINALLY puts the "too big" argument to rest.

Finally. Now detractors can come up with real reasons for him to be excluded. My guess is, you can't!
Been talking on Miiverse. People are more open to it, but some refuse to let it die. Saying that Ridley is an exception and he'd be impossible, and to take a look at the games he's in. That's about as far as they can go, though.

One kid I talked to is convinced this Pic of the Day was created solely to troll Ridley supporters. What a weirdo.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So, Sakurai talking about character sizes and all of a sudden everyone is expecting Ridley?

:rolleyes:

?????????????

Smash Master
So, Sakurai talking about character sizes and all of a sudden everyone is expecting Ridley?

:rolleyes:
No. Ridley could still be an assist trophy, boss, or stage hazard.

For me, this changes nothing. I never believed that Sakurai gave a **** about canon sizes. This just further proves that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not exactly. More excited about the fact that people don't really get to use that argument anymore.
It was a stupid arguement anyway. But honestly, expecting Ridley just because of this is even more stupid.

If this is the biggest thing Smash related people can talk about, I see why people say the Smash fanbase is seriously ****ed.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Not exactly. More excited about the fact that people don't really get to use that argument anymore.
It was already so boneheaded to begin with, I hardly think that anything that Sakurai says will change their minds.
As my good friend said when talking about some knucklehead administrator over at the Call of Duty Wiki, "You could be Mark Rubin, game code in hand, and still wouldn't convince him."

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If Rosalina was the only newcomer from a veteran franchise, who would you want to be newcomers so you won't be disappointed for the lack of Ridley/KRool/Waluigi/Palutena/Dixie/etc?

Mine would be Takamaru, Duck Hunt Dog, Wonder Red, Chibi Robo, Dillon, Shulk, Isaac, Saki, Mii, Andy/Sami and Lip.
Kawashima, Sable, Takamaru, Shulk, Mii, and Pac-Man from the top of my head. :p

?????????????

Smash Master
Still looking at Miiverse reactions. After quite a bit of argument, there seems to be three sides:

1.) Post doesn't make a difference to them. They already liked/disliked the idea of Ridley, but believe this is directly irrelevant and dumb to argue about.

2.) This heightens Ridley's chances, hints directly towards him, or even confirms him.

3.) Random insults hurled at Ridley. (e.g. he'd be a disgrace, take a look at his size in SSBB, Trevor from GTA has better chances)

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am still not buying the idea of Mii, PacMan and Ridley.

Mii is a terrible idea, and Villager has made him redundant I feel.
PacMan is nearly not as ´classic´ or needed as people say, and in fact, Namco´s involvement shouldn´t mean anything at all. If it would, we would´ve seen items or stages from Namco games already.
Ridley just has far too many issues to be made as a playable character, even though I´d like to be proved wrong, I don´t think the Smash team is capable enough to make a truely balanced, non-awkward, functional Ridley moveset.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Sometimes I wish you guys could at least explore all of the choices people suggest in Smashboards. Lip and Takamaru aren't the only available retros Sakurai could consider, nor Isaac and Saki are the only logical new series choices just because they were ATs in Brawl.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
PacMan is nearly not as ´classic´ or needed as people say, and in fact, Namco´s involvement shouldn´t mean anything at all. If it would, we would´ve seen items or stages from Namco games already.
Not nearly as 'classic' as people say? He's the original video game mascot! If it weren't for him, we probably wouldn't even have a Smash Bros. right now. Pac-Mania is what propelled video games into mainstream media, and was the first commercially successful video game character.

I mean seriously, who is more classic than Pac-Man? Pong?

Maybe Namco won't have any effect on the roster, but to say he's not as Classic as people make out is such a load. He IS the classic video game mascot and the one that popularised 'characters' in video games. His success indirectly allowed everyone on the roster to become stars.

Dislike him by all means, but at least respect what he did for video games.

?????????????

Smash Master
Sometimes I wish you guys could at least explore all of the choices people suggest in Smashboards. Lip and Takamaru aren't the only available retros Sakurai could consider, nor Isaac and Saki are the only logical new series choices just because they were ATs in Brawl.
Well, my favorite "new series" choice is Shulk. Takamaru is my favorite retro rep, but I also like Muddy Mole and Donbe.

Last edited:

SSJ Kirby

Smash Apprentice
My completely unrealistic giga roster. I just hope there's at least one other F-Zero character in the game; although I doubt it.

?????????????

Smash Master
My completely unrealistic giga roster. I just hope there's at least one other F-Zero character in the game; although I doubt it.
I know this is your dream roster, but there's a few characters I want to know about because I'm genuinely curious.

Why Dr. Luigi, O2, Starman, Jenny, Rouge, and Glover?

Am still not buying the idea of Mii, PacMan and Ridley.

Mii is a terrible idea, and Villager has made him redundant I feel.
Ridley just has far too many issues to be made as a playable character, even though I´d like to be proved wrong, I don´t think the Smash team is capable enough to make a truely balanced, non-awkward, functional Ridley moveset.
While I don't think Mii and Pac-man are terrible ideas, I generally don't care for them.

For Ridley...I think the Smash team is capable enough, but it will take effort. It depends more on if Sakurai thinks he's worth it, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Shulk is my character of choice for new series. I'm not really into Saki myself. I genuinely support the popular choices though.

SSJ Kirby

Smash Apprentice
I know this is your dream roster, but there's a few characters I want to know about because I'm genuinely curious.

Why Dr. Luigi, O2, Starman, Jenny, Rouge, and Glover?
I wouldn't say it's my true dream roster, because even then I was trying not to oversaturate it with Mario characters.

1. I always loved playing as Dr. Mario in Melee, and it seems a lot of people would like to seem him return, so I thought, "Why not Dr. Luigi instead?" Maybe I'm just a bit biased for liking the man in green a tad more.
2. to me is the coolest Kirby villain, sans Nightmare. A lot it probably has to do with the nostalgia of playing Kirby 64 for hours on end back in the day.
3. Starman is really just my favorite Mother enemy, so not much more than that.
4. Now with Sonic characters... well, I hate 99% of them. Can't stand Amy or Shadow, etc. The roster adjusts for characters already in the game, and Sonic looked a tad bit lonely, so I added the only other Sonic character I like.
5. I thought about Team Rocket instead of Jenny, but she seemed like a better choice. I figured she could work as either a physical combatant or a Pokemon Trainer replacement, overall I think it'd be neat to see her high kickin' some necks.
6. Glover... oh dear Glover. Glover was one of my favorite games for the N64, how could I not? I also figured he'd make a better character than Master Hand as an unlockable, seeing as it's really just a dwarfed version with a ball.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom