• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Good thing Dark Pit started out non-playable, then became playable in Brawl.
Link & Pit in this case are quite familiar. Dark Link & Dark Pit have quite the similarities in Smash History.:troll:
Edit: Oops, meant to say Dark Link started out non-playable, my mistake.:yeahboi:

Last edited:

wwlogan

Smash Rookie
NNID
wwlogan
There's always the possibility we could get a curve ball just like we got with Fire Emblem: Awakening and get a different character from Xenoblade instead of Shulk.
That's true though it's kind of a different case with Robin since even though we didn't get Chrom we still got a main protagonist. With Shulk it's pretty much inarguable that he's the main protagonist and best suited to represent Xenoblade in Smash.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
That also reminds me, titular characters like Sonic, Pac-man, & Megaman. . .how many AT's will we expect from them? Especially other characters that fly solo on their own series like Wario & Yoshi. Should we expect more AT's from them & their series?

Edit: Possibly for the first time in Smash History since AT's introduced in Brawl, (Pokeballs did it well since Smash 64) would it be improbable to suggest characters like Snake becomes an AT? Thoughts are welcome

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
You know what, in a weird twist of events I'm suddenly excited for miis in that they're probably the only way for me to play as Layton in this installment. I mean, him not being in is sad, but at least a Layton mii is easy to create and top hats exist.

Espio264

Smash Ace
My mindset on both Isaac and Shulk, to quote the great Samuel L. Jackson:

"THE ABSENCE OF EVIDENCE IS NOT THE EVIDENCE OF ABSENCE."

As for Dark Link, hell if everybody else is getting a Dark Clone, then why not? I can't wait for Dark Ganondorf. They're gonna have to pixelate all that evil, like nudity on TV.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
My mindset on both Isaac and Shulk, to quote the great Samuel L. Jackson:

"THE ABSENCE OF EVIDENCE IS NOT THE EVIDENCE OF ABSENCE."

As for Dark Link, hell if everybody else is getting a Dark Clone, then why not? I can't wait for Dark Ganondorf. They're gonna have to pixelate all that evil, like nudity on TV.
I can't wait for Dark Dark Pit

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
When has personality ever mattered in Smash Bros? Most of the characters in Smash don't have personalities.

:4mario::4peach::4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja::4diddy::4dk::4littlemac::4link::4tlink::4megaman::4mii::4pacman::4villager::4wiifit:

And that's just from Smash 4 alone.
DK has a personality; he's very fun loving and laidback, and Villager's personality can be determined through in game decisions.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It didn't? I was just curious if that Dark Link guy actually has a personality in Link Between Worlds, I have literally percent of a clue of what the game has.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
It pleases me that you did not add :4lucario: to your list. Because we all know how much personality Sean Schemmel has.
Say what? Lucario has zero personality. In the movie, all he did was spam aura sphere. His expression was stoic the entire time. He was a mannequin out there! :troll:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Do you know Spoiter tag can also be used to hide actual spoilers? Please, use it. :)
Now to me all the content promoted of ALBW to me makes sense... Bos taurus's organic manure!!
Do you know Tags instead of Quotes, so the pic doesnt appear again making the damage harder to be fixed?

I already said sorry, stop it!!! :urg:

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman

Surprised you guys aren't talking about Bandana Dee's Appearance! All you guys do is talk about Dark Pit.

Let's enjoy Bandana Dee's confirmation for a minute. :troll:

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
That border editing is deesastrous
It's almost as if Sakurai went to google images, copied the first picture of Bandana Dee he saw, and pasted it onto the POTD in a rage comic maker.

Oh poor Sakurai, getting exhausted as he gets down to the wire. :joyful:

Breaking News

Guys, Guys, Guys!

I found more leaks! And guess what!? They are of the characters that I wanted! What are the odds?

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
*comes to this thread*
*sees Dark Pit discussion #10,473,916*
*leaves thread*
To be just, I brought up Dark Link, but I should have known it would escalate to Dr. Pepper standards.:urg:
Say what? Lucario has zero personality. In the movie, all he did was spam aura sphere. His expression was stoic the entire time. He was a mannequin out there! :troll:
What(?). Saying game complete.:troll:
I geese Zero personality is better than negative personality, I can dig it. Pressing B to shoot is professional too:smirk:. Lmao fun post

@ Gold_Jacobson Gold_Jacobson Your additions are getting hilarious

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Oh Dark Pit again?:

"Watch out haters, because I'll be coming to join the battle as a newcomer!"
NO!
I actually tried to start a Dark Pit conversation and everyone turned away. DONE! Done I am with all of it!
...I Hate you all.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
NO!
I actually tried to start a Dark Pit conversation and everyone turned away. DONE! Done I am with all of it!
...I Hate you all.
You want to talk about Dark Pit? Sorry friend. My knowledge of him is non-existent, however, I am willing to discuss Toadette, Daisy, Pink Gold Peach and Baby Wario.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
All Gold_J needs now is a Dark Pit breaking news image leak, & complete.:smirk:
You want to talk about Dark Pit? Sorry friend. My knowledge of him is non-existent, however, I am willing to discuss Toadette, Daisy, Pink Gold Peach and Baby Wario.
Mario custom move is Toadette as the counter.
Daisy may actually be a playable clone character to Peach.
Pink Gold Peach will be Peach's 2ndary clone character via DLC.
& Baby Wario is Poison Mushroom Wario.:troll:

@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon 3daysgrace Never too Late. Surely you can't be serious when saying done. Dark Pit has so much elemental potential to bring in Darkness-based moves, like Dark Link will.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
*Toad mushes your face!* Toad joins the battle, when he is being used Toadette replaces him as Peach's special!, Toadette: "Leave it to mEEAAHHH!!*

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
All Gold_J needs now is a Dark Pit breaking news image leak, & complete.:smirk:

Mario custom move is Toadette as the counter.
Daisy may actually be a playable clone character to Peach.
Pink Gold Peach will be Peach's 2ndary clone character via DLC.
& Baby Wario is Poison Mushroom Wario.:troll:
I can actually see Toadette as a customizable option for Peach's neutral B. Daisy I think can be an alt with voice change. Pink Gold Peach can be an alt for Princess Peach... Baby Wario can take Waluigi's spot in Smash 5; right now I can't think of a role for him other than something minor like an assist trophy, which he totally deserves.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I can actually see Toadette as a customizable option for Peach's neutral B. Daisy I think can be an alt with voice change. Pink Gold Peach can be an alt for Princess Peach... Baby Wario can take Waluigi's spot in Smash 5; right now I can't think of a role for him other than something minor like an assist trophy, which he totally deserves.
Tbh I see Toadette in Peach custom-moves as well. Daisy can get the past treatment Lucina was going to have. PGP could be Peach's Metal Box proc. And that would really be suffering to Waluigi. He tries so hard & he's a busted AT.:urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom