• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I did:

I still am a little butthurt *sniffle*
I like Jiggs, I'd be terribly sad to see her go.

But I'd still sooner toss her out before anyone else, I'm sorry.

But don't worry, she's not going anywhere.

...And neither are the others.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
My roster:

Mii Fighters are isolated from the roster because you can select them via pressing a button (ex. L button) to open up the menu that displays system's Miis. The Lock is an icon for DLC that does the same thing, but for DLC characters.

Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Impa are clones. I'm not too sure on Impa because she doesn't physically look like Sheik so I don't know if she could've began life as an alt costume. But I don't know who else could get the same treatment as Lucina, which is the same treatment I think Doc and Dark Pit would be getting.

tl;dr: This is basically the Ninka_Kiwi / Vaanrose leak that also adds Marshal, Mewtwo and Impa.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So guys. . . .
There's still 18 Smash Brothers left TBA = To Be Announced.
Listing them off for reminder of forgetting:
:drmario::mewtwomelee::pichumelee::roymelee::younglinkmelee: / :falco::ganondorf::popo::ivysaur::jigglypuff::lucas::gw::ness2::rob::snake::squirtle::warioc: & :wolf:.

If you HAD to choose only 8 to return who'd they be? listing in order doesn't matter.
1. Mewtwo
2. Ganondorf
3. Ice Climbers
4. Mr. Game and Watch
5. Ness
6. R.O.B
7. Wario
8. Wolf

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Do you guys think hades or Dark Pit have a better chance??? I'm kinda scared hades might make it in, take ganon's moveset, and ganondorf wields swords...
Black Shadow will kindly take Ganon's hand-me-down move-set before this Hades dares to try.:4falcon:

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Thats awful, Starfox is supposed to be a team. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Then tell this divisive fanbase to unite and lobby for 7 SF reps, instead of saying, "3 is fine." Get Fox, Falco, Wolf, Leon, Slippy, Peppy, Panther. You wanna be a team?! WELL LET'S ACT LIKE IT. LET'S FLOOD SAKURAI WITH REQUESTS FOR SMASH 5 AND GET EVERY STAR FOX CHARACTER EVER IN.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Starbound Starbound
Your roster is fine for the most part, besides the general voting would say 7 reps of Mario & cutting Falco is insayian. But I'd play the roster still. Oh & you'd be getting "what! no ridley or K.rool?!"

I still rate it :4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon: out of 10 HYESZ!

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Then tell this divisive fanbase to unite and lobby for 7 SF reps, instead of saying, "3 is fine." Get Fox, Falco, Wolf, Leon, Slippy, Peppy, Panther. You wanna be a team?! WELL LET'S ACT LIKE IT. LET'S FLOOD SAKURAI WITH REQUESTS FOR SMASH 5 AND GET EVERY STAR FOX CHARACTER EVER IN.
I am a team but I dont think we will ever go past 4 reps. It would take somebody pretty important and new for there to be an important enough 5th rep. (Andross..? Yeah I know pipedream). I love all starfox characters but realisticly only believe in and want Fox the protagonist, Falco the second in command/rival, Wolf the anti hero/rival, and Krystal the Love Interest/Telepath/Actual Plot device/Fighter.

P.S. I really hope fox gets an alt with James's shades on.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So guys. . . .
There's still 18 Smash Brothers left TBA = To Be Announced.
Listing them off for reminder of forgetting:
:drmario::mewtwomelee::pichumelee::roymelee::younglinkmelee: / :falco::ganondorf::popo::ivysaur::jigglypuff::lucas::gw::ness2::rob::snake::squirtle::warioc: & :wolf:.

If you HAD to choose only 8 to return who'd they be? listing in order doesn't matter.
Ness, Falco, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Mr Game and Watch, Wario, Roy, and (Oh what the heck could hurt?) Snake.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I am a team but I dont think we will ever go past 4 reps. It would take somebody pretty important and new for there to be an important enough 5th rep. (Andross..? Yeah I know pipedream). I love all starfox characters but realisticly only believe in and want Fox the protagonist, Falco the second in command/rival, Wolf the anti hero/rival, and Krystal the Love Interest/Telepath/Actual Plot device.

P.S. I really hope fox gets an alt with James's shades on.
I'm gonna throw that dumb idea out there, but how about James McCloud from F-Zero?:4falcon:

Their lores are too similar that must be a tease of them being cross-over worthy of universes, plus G-diffusers

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I am a team but I dont think we will ever go past 4 reps. It would take somebody pretty important and new for there to be an important enough 5th rep. (Andross..? Yeah I know pipedream). I love all starfox characters but realisticly only believe in and want Fox the protagonist, Falco the second in command/rival, Wolf the anti hero/rival, and Krystal the Love Interest/Telepath/Actual Plot device.
I only want 4 myself. Fox, Falco, Wolf and Krystal would do it for me. There's just not exactly a gigantic amount of in-house support for Krystal. She's sorta the scapegoat atm.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Any roster that doesn't have bandana dee, is a waste of eye use. Jk, but I seriously want Bandana Dee over any character. My other two characters that are on my wishlist aren't likely, so he is my best shot.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I only want 4 myself. Fox, Falco, Wolf and Krystal would do it for me. There's just not exactly a gigantic amount of in-house support for Krystal. She's sorta the scapegoat atm.
An unfortunate truth of ignorant people, but hey even the most wanted newcomer is one of the most hated/fought against, with the amount of poor games the sf series has (unfortunately) we are lucky we have the support we have. The only thing that pisses me off is all the fans that left after brawl, I mean where the hell did they go lol. I mean if I recall correctly Krystal had more support than wolf back in the day (even though he was more worthy).

Just think star fox hasnt had a game in years and Krystal is still one of the most requested characters, that says somethin.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
It takes one good looking HD trailer of her in action to gain fans.:4pacman:

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
So,

I'm playing Kid Icarus Uprising and I notice that there are only KI characters in the game.

Later, I was playing Kirby Returns to Dreamland and it's only Kirby Characters.

Samurai is bias.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Tbh, I would want Fox, Krystal, and Wolf in the game. Falco's specials could be put into fox's custom moves, and I think we would be set. I just don't see krystal happening is the thing...
I thought that at first but then I slowly fell in love with falco and saw how actually different his playstyle is, cutting him would be a huge loss to the smash fanbase so its best we get a newcomer with no cuts or just no cuts.

Morbi

Scavenger
Dark Pit would be great, but I'm afraid for alternate color schemes from the two, how would they be different enough to be noticable what character they are at first glance?
I do not believe that anyone answered this question, so I have the honor! It is theorized that Dark Pit will have the darker variants of certain colors. For instance; if you recall, Yoshi technically has two blue options and I suppose two red (pink) options. Dark Pit could be attributed a darker blue for his blue team color whilst Pit retains his default blue (which is fairly light). That should make Dark Pit discernible from Pit. Pit does not have a saturated red palette either, he takes the pink approach just as Peach did in Melee.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
the starfox fanbase is divided yet the characters they support are teammates guess some people never heard the saying that if a house is divided it can not stand

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I do not believe that anyone answered this question, so I have the honor! It is theorized that Dark Pit will have the darker variants of certain colors. For instance; if you recall, Yoshi technically has two blue options and I suppose two red (pink) options. Dark Pit could be attributed a darker blue for his blue team color whilst Pit retains his default blue (which is fairly light). That should make Dark Pit discernible from Pit. Pit does not have a saturated red palette either, he takes the pink approach just as Peach did in Melee.
You dont support Dark Pit right, I mean you just act like you do correct? (sarcasm imo is harder to pick up on the internet) I feel like you started trolling hard after that dumb leak with Dr. and Dark Pit in and Duck hunt dog. I understand the troll, but I just wanna make sure. (Because DarkPit is an awful pick imo)

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
ITS OVER! Run for your lives!!!

*Ahem* anyways....

I'm still holding on to that thought that Wario will be unlockable. Maybe thats why they're holdin him...
They showed off a buncha characters first that may as well be sure unlockables though, they'd only have held Wario back if Sakurai buffed him like he did Yoshi.

Morbi

Scavenger
You dont support Dark Pit right, I mean you just act like you do correct? (sarcasm imo is harder to pick up on the internet) I feel like you started trolling hard after that dumb leak with Dr. and Dark Pit in and Duck hunt dog. I understand the troll, but I just wanna make sure.
I am not sure where this erroneous presumption was conceived. I DO support Dark Pit, I thought that that much was blatantly obvious. I supported Dark Pit before that leak was actualized, as I did with Dr. Mario. I started supporting those characters after Sakurai asserted...

However, even though Lucina shares her physical stats and techniques with Marth, the characteristics of their attacks differ. When two such similar characters function in an even slightly different manner, I give them a separate spot on the roster since that will affect battle records and whatnot. In that sense, you could say she was very lucky to join the fray!

Trust me, I do not copy and paste this quote for my health.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Wario Imo would only be unlockable if something changed in his playstyle or if he is being hyped up in a villain trailer or both.

I am not sure where this erroneous presumption was conceived. I DO support Dark Pit, I thought that that much was blatantly obvious. I supported Dark Pit before that leak was actualized, as I did with Dr. Mario. I started supporting those characters after Sakurai asserted...

However, even though Lucina shares her physical stats and techniques with Marth, the characteristics of their attacks differ. When two such similar characters function in an even slightly different manner, I give them a separate spot on the roster since that will affect battle records and whatnot. In that sense, you could say she was very lucky to join the fray!

Trust me, I do not copy and paste this quote for my health.
Oh :( thats to bad.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
MorbiddenAllTrueism is true to her support, may I assist you completing Dark Pit's 23 unique flavors?:shades:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom