• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, I decided to rethink one thing about my roster. I'm keeping it somewhere on the optimistic-yet-realistic line. It had one more character than my previous rosters, but this amount just...makes more sense to me. Essentially, it's still under the assumption that Shulk and Chorus Kids are in. And then there are just two other newcomers. Four newcomers is the absolute MOST I can see being revealed from here on in.

So yeah. I think those two would be K. Rool and a truly retro Nintendo character who offers something gameplay-wise. Hence Muddy.

D

Deleted member

In general, people's prediction rosters are getting bigger and bigger. I'm sure that the roster will be bigger than most of us originally expected, but I feel like people are starting to get greedy like back before brawl was out.
I just hope not too many people get their hopes up for a 50+ roster.
Well, I'm very aware that the roster I just posted is more than wishful thinking. I made it with both popular characters in mind, and characters I want in, while not stretching the limit too far. Obviously, 58 characters isn't the most likely thing to happen. I generally think the rosters most people make are more so wish lists with a somewhat reasonable size limit, as oppose strictly thinking what the final roster will be.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
I'm bad at photoshop so I'll just list off my waned roster...Y'Know what? Screw it, I'm feeling luck tonight. This is my roster prediction!

Mii Fighter and Random relegated to the top right hand corner.
1st Row
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina & Luma, Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Mega Man
2nd Row
Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Villager, Little Mac, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Shulk, Sonic
3rd Row
Fox, Falco, Wolf, Pit, Palutena, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, Captain Falcon Pac Man
4th Row
Olimar, Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Wii Fit Trainer, Ness, Ice Climbers, Chorus Men or Marshall, Rob, Mr Game & Watch, Snake

51 Characters in total if you count all three Miis. So yeah that's my roster, now if you'll excuse me Ridley, K Rool and Isaac fans are already at my house with pitchforks, bye!

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Did someone say Tetris?

On a serious note, I don't understand why people think Chorus Men / Kids are likely. I'm all for a Rhythm Heaven rep, but why them over every other single Rhythm Heaven character? Is it because Gematsu? Along with that, the fact that having partner characters (Rosalina / Ice Climbers) has been stated to give the 3DS a hard time, what makes people think that having 12 Chorus Kids on screen at once is a reasonable request?

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I'm bad at photoshop so I'll just list off my waned roster...Y'Know what? Screw it, I'm feeling luck tonight. This is my roster prediction!

Mii Fighter and Random relegated to the top right hand corner.
1st Row
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina & Luma, Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Samus, Ridley, Mega Man
2nd Row
Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Villager, Little Mac, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Shulk, Sonic
3rd Row
Fox, Falco, Wolf, Pit, Palutena, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Mewtwo, Lucario, Greninja, Pac Man
4th Row
Olimar, Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Wii Fit Trainer, Ness, Ice Climbers, Chorus Men or Marshall, Rob, Mr Game & Watch, Snake

51 Characters in total if you count all three Miis. So yeah that's my roster, now if you'll excuse me Ridley, K Rool and Isaac fans are already at my house with pitchforks, bye!
I'm a fan of all three. Can I get three pitchforks?

Seriously though, pretty good roster.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I still don't understand why people are so uncertain of the roster breaking 50, I mean it just makes so much sense when you think about returning veterans and the next couple of newcomers, I feel like at least 50 is guaranteed, and I don't even feel like an optimist in the slightest for saying that. A good chunk of the veterans left are the clones/semi-clones and the rest are incredibly unique characters, I don't really see why we would end up with most of them getting cut. I mean is it completely unreasonable to think Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Snake would be the only cuts? (Or hell maybe even have Snake return as well while we're at it even though my faith for that particular pipe dream isn't very strong)

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Okay, but before you do that, I'm picturing a golem constructed from Tetriminos.
There's a lack of Block Golem in this and I apologize.

I actually don't play Tetris that much...but here we go!

Tetris Block
Falls into Place!

Its idle form is an upright J tetromino (Γ). It shifts into different block formations for its attacks and Special Attacks. For example, its neutral air is a square tetromino, and its crouch is a horizontal I tetromino.
  • Neutral Special - Row: Hold to charge. The higher the charge, the more blocks appear over Tetris Block. On release, they hard drop around Tetris block, bursting on contact. At maximum charge, a row of ten drops, obviously with Tetris block counting as two, and explodes on contact. Tetris blocks that appear during charge are not touchable, just like Ness' pre-PK Flash.
  • Side Special - Rotate: Turns into a S or Z shape and rotates clockwise or counter-clockwise depending on the direction. Knockback direction changes depending on rotation and direction.
  • Up Special - Double Flip: Something Tetris blocks don't usually do, which is flipping and not constantly falling. Tetris Block will flip upwards twice in the I Shape.
  • Down Special: Hard Drop: Like a ground pound. If on the ground, it flies in the air, then drops to the ground. If in the air, it will drop immediately. It drops in a horizontal I Shape.
  • Final Smash- Quadruple Clear: Various Tetris blocks fall, forming a four lines that clear simultaneously. The falling blocks and the ensuing explosion cause massive damage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Did someone say Tetris?

On a serious note, I don't understand why people think Chorus Men / Kids are likely. I'm all for a Rhythm Heaven rep, but why them over every other single Rhythm Heaven character? Is it because Gematsu? Along with that, the fact that having partner characters (Rosalina / Ice Climbers) has been stated to give the 3DS a hard time, what makes people think that having 12 Chorus Kids on screen at once is a reasonable request?
I for one stuck with Chorus Men even after Gematsu because I think a trio of characters that move as one would be much cooler than the somewhat more generic(IMO) Wrestler or Karate Joe. At the end of the day, I don't really care which Rhythm Heaven character gets in, just as long as Sakurai makes them look cool.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
@artisticgamerxl
Your roster prediction overall is fairly good.

My rating: :4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon: out of 10 HYESZ!
You having 20+ newcomers is exactly what I like & want, more the better.
Thanks for Sharing~

@ Opossum Opossum
Your roster prediction overall is realistic as you say, not going too overboard. But I like a bit overboard

My rating: :4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon: out of 10 HYESZ!
You have the necessary 18 newcomers in Sm4sh to make it a well-deserving sequal with Muddy Mole as the star attraction of your roster.
Thanks for Sharing~

@ MegaLagann MegaLagann
Your roster prediction is fairly good & not too far out in huge numbers, why?!:p

My rating: :4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon: out of 10 HYESZ!
You have the necessity of barely hitting 18 as my requirement of that score.
Thanks for Sharing~

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Here is my slightly realistic wish roster, which is jam packed full of forum favorites. <3

Paper Mario ✔
Dixie Kong ✔
Ganon ✔
Krystal ✔
Mewtwo ✔

Looking pretty good. I'd take Sceptile over Jigglypuff but I doubt that'll happen. I'd also personally replace Snake or Duck Hunt Dog with Bandana Dee.

9/10, good job.

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359
Something I realized that I really want to happen:

New Ganondorf moveset

Black Shadow gets Falcondorf set.

Not sure why, but I would really enjoy this.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
3DS Full 54 Character Roster.png

This is my wish roster.
It's almost exactly the same as my prediction roster.

Before you roll your eyes, the point I was making is that I am mostly content with what we have, plus a few more.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Impa is more likely than R.O.B. and Lucas?
Both R.O.B. and Lucas are on the "most likely cut" list from nearly everyone I've talked to about it (though feel free to correct me if you have some reason they're likely to stay, that's based just on hearsay).

Impa at least has the trophy tease from the Direct working in her favor.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Here is my Optimistic Prediction, at 58 characters.

ADDITIONS
My roster has 55 characters (plus 3 third parties), for a total of 58. I find it on the optimistic side, absolutely, but I think we will have secret characters in the game for sure, and I just cannot fathom the highly wanted characters of Mewtwo, K Rool, and Ridley not being put in at this time- but I'm not going to get into that, there are many places that discussion is happening at every moment. I'll just put it in as Sakurai is not an idiot. I would also say the fact that we have not seen any of the main old series characters revealed points more heavily that we still could; the big power house reveals would be saved for last. *ignore this statement if you must in judging my roster, we can debate on it separately*

Paper Mario- If we have two Link's, it just seems strange to me to not have two of Nintendo's mascot. I believe, sincerely, this is a huge reason we had Dr Mario in the first place. Paper Mario represents a part of the major Series that we never get any chunk of in smash. Now that a tidbit as been released, he will either be deconfirmed as a part of the stage, AT, or, more.

Dixie- Old awareness, female representation in this game (and she was one of the first known-female main characters we had in Nintendo), her recent rise to stardom again, unique abilities to play.

King K Rool- Kremlings, Falling Boxing Lights, DK64 fan, lack of info, my persona Smash Run experience, Cranky Kong trophy, etc-etc-etc

Vaati- Next most recurring Zelda villain. Flying. Wind mage. Toon helps the dreadful second Link not standout as much. Possible ties to other Zelda villains it seems? Again, some personal bias is in here.

Ridley- He is a playable boss (or something of the sort), or playable. Again, Sakurai is not an imbecile, and I think it would require an extreme level of daftness to do what he has done and not have the character be in. We can argue this game is not fan service- that is why we don't have Shrek. It has been proven to be quite a high level of fan service, he just gives the fans better-than-what-they-wanted.

Duck Hunt Dog- "Retro" if we get one. Cartoon fun animal character to represent Nintendo history, as well as Peripheral of the Nintendo Zapper (which was quite a big deal). Highly original move set and expressive character seem to be on point with what Sakurai looks for, and he is an old game franchise, which Sakurai said he loves.

Shulk- Eh, why not?

Sceptile- Insert my monster post here.

Chibi Robo- Slight bias. I believe I remember Sakurai said something about him at one point; he has a prominent series, unique ideas, is adorable, another electric user we could use. Honestly wouldn't even mind if he needs to be a Pikachu clone. We need more robots!

Isaac- Not fully sure, honestly. Yet I think he has a high probability, we know he is on the radar for Sakurai as he was an AT, has a strong fan base, original move set, and Palutena's push ability seems to be a derivative of his Move; her trailer confirmed for me she, like the Mii's, takes her moves from other characters, as she said she 'does it better than other characters.'

Marshall- Rhythm Heaven sells highly. Creators of Wario ware. Sakurai has said specifically he is a fan of Warioware. It is a unique character. And while others do not believe the video leak, to me, it looks quite legitimate.

Like many, I only cut Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur. This is difficult, because Squirtle is my favorite character in fiction/video games at least. I'd personally cut Jigglypuff, Falco, Lucas, if I were trying to keep the roster down- but after some recent evidence I just do not see this being very likely anymore.

OTHER EXPLANATION
Newcomers are in red border.

I have my main 6 likely (ish) DLC candidates to the side, explained below. And other possibilities (which are mostly just ones that I want) at the bottom.

I divided them into new series representation, and old series representation.

Also; I believe that Mii fighters are just a create-a-character. Everything we have seen about them points to the fact that they are just this, under a Nintendo name of 'Mii.' They do not even have an intro poser on the site, nor an icon. I count them as 0 characters.
  • They have 0 unique moves (other than Final Smash)
  • None of them has a set 'standard' of what they are. If you said 'Mii Fighter' there is no default.
  • They will not come up when we select 'random' characters
  • We cannot use them in online battles (the icon would just go dim? That would look hideous if in regular CSS slot)
  • I cannot see how it would work for them to be just another icon, where upon clicking it you would have too many other options- to create new or use a stored one, which of the three options, then create more and more.
It just doesn't make any sense.
Therefore, just as I believe it is in Mario Golf, it is a separate bar at the bottom of the page, as is the random bar.
Again, though, the characters in yellow on the bottom of the roster are ones I could see being DLC, but would mostly just want and wanted represented. The roster is the top 58 plus 6 DLC. Maybe a few of the bottom ones would be included; I'd imagine 6-10 Downloaded characters *unless other teams paid to develop them, see below*

DLC
I think there will definitely be DLC: Nintendo has shown a very intelligent awareness as to how much both casual and competitive players love Smash Bros; it was the prime of E3, and had an entire tournament, multiple treehouse viewings, a private roundtable that we could not see but all tuned in to hear (genius), EVO tournament, handheld tournament since, Best Buy demo, and a pure direct for it. All within a few months. We have seen a catering to both sides of the field, with modes available to both fanships, attention to characters on both edges, and additions for both sides as well. The tournaments have bridged the gap as well!

DLC will be a prime way for them to continue to market new franchises to continue to win victory in the video game industry. I think they will utilize DLC to really hype new franchises they are starting to get them into consumer homes as important characters; primarily with Splatoon's Inkling, but likely with Codename Steam as well. I put Captain Toad here because it is a sister Series to Mario, has been receiving a lot of attention (and hinting), and because Nintendo, now aware of Toad's prominence to fans, has a huge reason to add him into a roster he was missing in as much as Ridley is. Somewhat marketing as well.

It would also be the prime way to add third party characters- third parties pay for the development, and at paying for cost, get the advertising of having their characters in Smash (since it should be clear by now to outside parties, being in smash is a victory if you are a video game developer). This is why I have added both Bomberman and Rayman into that category.

Other DLC I Have added as hugely likely are for game releases- this is the Krystal/Bowser Jr category. Mario games are always being released, and Star Fox Wii U is going to come out sometime.
Otherwise we could see many other characters as DLC; it would be strange not to have a Pokemon character.
I think we will get DLC for a good amount of time, quite frankly. It may be incorrect, but this is Nintendo's ... most hyped franchise. I think they are finally respecting that.

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
3.0 Roster2.png

Well since we're posting rosters, I guess I'll post mine.

It has 54 characters. 52 slots if you count random. Mii Fighters would not be separate; they just looked better that way on my roster.

Mostly a prediction roster. Bandanna Dee is a bit of a reach, and Plasm Wraith is my token wishlist character. The others are my actual predictions.

Stuff on the right is DLC. Pichu represents a Melee veterans pack.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Is it really that hard to add Isaac to your rosters, guys? Do you hate him that much? Are you having trouble finding pictures or something?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
View attachment 21713
Well since we're posting rosters, I guess I'll post mine.

It has 54 characters. 52 slots if you count random. Mii Fighters would not be separate; they just looked better that way on my roster.

Mostly a prediction roster. Bandanna Dee is a bit of a reach, and Plasm Wraith is my token wishlist character. The others are my actual predictions.

Stuff on the right is DLC. Pichu represents a Melee veterans pack.

Thoughts?
Way to steal my thunder.... :p

You already mentioned the two that most would likely have a problem with. I honestly don't know what Plasm Wraith is, and Bandana Dee may be a reach.
Otherwise, you only added Ridley, K Rool, Chorus Kids, and Shulk, who are all rather widely discussed.
Fairly safe choices.

Is it really that hard to add Isaac to your rosters, guys? Do you hate him that much? Are you having trouble finding pictures or something?
Do you not see him on mine?
I even list out all my newcomers just to make it clear.
Goes back to this

Way to steal my thunder.... :p

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Both R.O.B. and Lucas are on the "most likely cut" list from nearly everyone I've talked to about it (though feel free to correct me if you have some reason they're likely to stay, that's based just on hearsay).
There is far more reason to keep them than there is to cut them.
Especially R.O.B.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
There is far more reason to keep them than there is to cut them.
Especially R.O.B.
I'm all for keeping R.O.B. I don't see why we'd cut him. He may not have been the best character in Brawl, but he had a unique and fun play style. But I do hear a lot of people saying he won't be back.

Lucas never really sat well with me. We never got his game over here, and he was just a Ness clone. I can see him being cut now that his "relevancy" is gone. Not that I want him cut (I'll take all the old vets back this time), I just see him as one of the definite potentials.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I see Falco/Wolf listed far more often than ROB
Though, I think you are overlooking the Snake/Ivysaur/Squirtle, who are basically assumed cut by everyone.

I'm so fancy.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I see Falco/Wolf listed far more often than ROB
Though, I think you are overlooking the Snake/Ivysaur/Squirtle, who are basically assumed cut by everyone.

I'm so fancy.
I did totally forget those guys. I guess they're just so assumed to be cut that everyone has already forgotten, and thus never talks about them.

I've noticed R.O.B. more than Falco or Wolf, mostly because no one can ever agree which of those two would be cut.

I don't get why people think that it's a bad thing to get characters whose games haven't released in their country.
It's not bad, it just means that I have no connection to the character at all, no investment in them. The fact that he's a clone just makes this worse.

I mean, if there was something unique about him, I could grab that and be like "yes, this is Lucas, he's awesome. Because <reason>" (see Marth). If he was a character I knew, even as a clone, I could be like "yes, he's in the game, awesome, I love that guy" (see Lucina).

Without either of those, though... There's nothing holding me to the character. He just seems like a Ness rip-off, to be honest. It's disappointing, but it's just all I have to go on.

If they bring him back, make him stand out more.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Let's review some rosters, because I'm bored and I have no clue who I really want in Smash 4.

First up, @ Kenith Kenith . I feel like this is a very solid roster, as it includes a reasonable amount of characters, being 54. Along with that, we have a Dixie Kong, the villainous triforce that everyone loves (King K. Rool / Ridley / Mewtwo), Ghirahim (first Zelda newcomer since Melee), and Paper Mario. It seems like it could be realistic, but seems perhaps a little too optimistic, knowing Sakurai. The roster also stays very safe, but I have nothing against that, I love most the newcomers on there.
Pros
- Newcomers that are highly requested.​
Cons
- That being said, most of those newcomers play it safe.​

8/10

Second, it's @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon . Standing at a large 58 characters, but it's cool, because it's an optimistic roster. Newcomers include Paper Mario (always good), Dixie Kong, the villainous triforce + Vaati, Duck Hunt Dog, Sceptile, Shulk, Chibi Robo and Isaac. First thing off the bat, is that Duke nearly covers the most common character requests in one, and shoves the rest into DLC. While I think DLC could work well, I think that 20 DLC characters is way too much. Especially having 3rd party DLC characters. Having 78 characters on the roster is way too :083:.

Other than that, it doesn't play very safe. Chibi Robo, Marshall, Vaati, Duck Hunt Dog, and Sceptile aren't your common choices when you think of newcomers in Smash Bros 4. But I like that. It brings a more Sakurai-rational approach to things, thinking outside the box.

Pros
- Unique newcomers that are outside of the box and don't play it safe
Cons
- 58 Characters + 20 DLC Characters is way too much, even for an optimistic standpoint.
9/10

I'm sorry if none of this makes sense, it's late and I'm tired, but I really wanted to do this so I can keep conversation up.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
First up, @ Kenith Kenith . I feel like this is a very solid roster, as it includes a reasonable amount of characters, being 54. Along with that, we have a Dixie Kong, the villainous triforce that everyone loves (King K. Rool / Ridley / Mewtwo), Ghirahim (first Zelda newcomer since Melee), and Paper Mario. It seems like it could be realistic, but seems perhaps a little too optimistic, knowing Sakurai. The roster also stays very safe, but I have nothing against that, I love most the newcomers on there.
I appreciate the compliments, but...

Cons
This should not be a con.
My reasoning for including those characters is independent from any other users.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Let's review some rosters, because I'm bored and I have no clue who I really want in Smash 4.

Pros
Cons
8/10

Second, it's @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon . Standing at a large 58 characters, but it's cool, because it's an optimistic roster. Newcomers include Paper Mario (always good), Dixie Kong, the villainous triforce + Vaati, Duck Hunt Dog, Sceptile, Shulk, Chibi Robo and Isaac. First thing off the bat, is that Duke nearly covers the most common character requests in one, and shoves the rest into DLC. While I think DLC could work well, I think that 20 DLC characters is way too much. Especially having 3rd party DLC characters. Having 78 characters on the roster is way too :083:.

Other than that, it doesn't play very safe. Chibi Robo, Marshall, Vaati, Duck Hunt Dog, and Sceptile aren't your common choices when you think of newcomers in Smash Bros 4. But I like that. It brings a more Sakurai-rational approach to things, thinking outside the box.

Pros
- Unique newcomers that are outside of the box and don't play it safe
Cons
- 58 Characters + 20 DLC Characters is way too much, even for an optimistic standpoint.
9/10

I'm sorry if none of this makes sense, it's late and I'm tired, but I really wanted to do this so I can keep conversation up.

Oh; no no; the bottom characters arent real DLC, just ones I'd LIKE as DLC. I'll clarify that in my post.
Thanks for your views man.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I really want Ganondorf to be his Hyrule Warriors version now. Complete with the hair and the swords.
Or, at least this...

Twilight Princess design with a giant sword that looks like a cross between Demise's Sword and the Ganon's sword from Melee that everyone wanted but never got.

Please Sakurai.

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
I think he won't reveal ganon until shulk is revealed i bet ganon is revamped with a sword and will be fighting shulk in the trailer. I do think we get another character at the end of next week though most likely a vet.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Can we derive any character info from this?

This [Single today] is to bring items of equipment screen field smash. From among the items you have, it is deviated while touching the starting! Buttons stuffed like a lunch box, it is also possible to change the put position. and (followed)

ENGLISH

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I really want Ganondorf to be his Hyrule Warriors version now. Complete with the hair and the swords.
Or, at least this...

Twilight Princess design with a giant sword that looks like a cross between Demise's Sword and the Ganon's sword from Melee that everyone wanted but never got.

Please Sakurai.
I can't give anymore yes to this :crazy::eek:

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Sorry to de-rail the topic, but going to the Gender swaps being :4robinm:, who can choose male or female at the start, along with :4villager: & :4wiifit: who both had alternate palettes sharing 2 for each of their genders. Would they separate the slots out so both genders have their own slot, or just different costumes with the male / female wearing ?

Hypothetically if this was to happen, we've all been dead wrong & the slot number would be 60 at least. That said for Gender swap slots / costumes, :4sonic: / Amy without hammer?

Edit: I'll post my roster later today & will rate everyone's Prediction Roster that I have not done so yet.
Also, :4pikachu: with those contest outfits?!

ENGLISH
To start:

1. That is a huge list of items, that up/down scrolling green bar on the side is so tiny!
  2. The big numbers beside the Equipped look to increase each time you level up, and / or increase each time you yourself level up, could go both ways when leveling that gear up. Reason why Power Bomb costs so much skill points when equipping it as it is a level 4 item compared to your other low level items. Yet Spinning Blades only level 3 is just as much skill as your Power Bomb so that tells us there's better equipment in the roster that you have to find & collect when going on Classic mode farming items. So maybe when you up the stakes on your Fighter Balance, the drops will be more rewarding. Finally the 25 / 25 shows your maxed out on how much items you can equip since they all cost a certain amount of skill points.
  3. Favoritism, he clearly Favorited the best items on that page. (Obviously)

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Sorry to de-rail the topic, but going to the Gender swaps being :4robinm:, who can choose male or female at the start, along with :4villager: & :4wiifit: who both had alternate palettes sharing 2 for each of their genders. Would they separate the slots out so both genders have their own slot, or just different costumes with the male / female wearing ?

Hypothetically if this was to happen, we've all been dead wrong & the slot number would be 60 at least. That said for Gender swap slots / costumes, :4sonic: / Amy without hammer?

Edit: I'll post my roster later today & will rate everyone's Prediction Roster that I have not done so yet.
Also, :4pikachu: with those contest outfits?!
But female robin is still robin, female villager is still villager, male WFT is still WFT. Amy is not Sonic

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I did totally forget those guys. I guess they're just so assumed to be cut that everyone has already forgotten, and thus never talks about them.

I've noticed R.O.B. more than Falco or Wolf, mostly because no one can ever agree which of those two would be cut.

It's not bad, it just means that I have no connection to the character at all, no investment in them. The fact that he's a clone just makes this worse.

I mean, if there was something unique about him, I could grab that and be like "yes, this is Lucas, he's awesome. Because <reason>" (see Marth). If he was a character I knew, even as a clone, I could be like "yes, he's in the game, awesome, I love that guy" (see Lucina).

Without either of those, though... There's nothing holding me to the character. He just seems like a Ness rip-off, to be honest. It's disappointing, but it's just all I have to go on.

If they bring him back, make him stand out more.
Lucas is not a clone. There's more to a character than just special moves. His A moves are different from Ness's. And we still haven't factored in differing properties of their special moves yet. In other words, you don't play Lucas the same way you play Ness despite their superficial similarities.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

You mentioned all Avatar characters...

But female robin is still robin, female villager is still villager male WFT is still WFT. Amy is not Sonic
Sakurai stated characters can have different names and voices and still be the same character slot.

Lucas is not a clone. There's more to a character than just special moves. His A moves are different from Ness's. And we still haven't factored in differing properties of their special moves yet. In other words, you don't play Lucas the same way you play Ness despite their superficial similarities.
He is still a clone; he is based off a the same 'DNA,' if you will. It's just like if you cloned a person; they would have the same genetics, but different memories. The specials are the same, which is akin to them having the same DNA, and the varied A attacks are the differences in how they relate to the world because of their past experiences.

Clone.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
  1. Link
  2. Pit
  3. Palutena, but doesn't wear a belt, or does she?
  4. Toon Link
That's all I got.
Though those items have limited charges to use them, so maybe the items don't mean anything. This is fair game for all characters, but I wouldn't want that where's the fun in that? Brawl SSE separated out the stickers among certain characters who could use them, hopefully same applies here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom