• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Excuse me if I'm late but has anyone noticed the Pokemon in the back of this pic?

It appears to be the Pokemon League stage and an assortment of Dragon type Pokemon appear in the background. I'm assuming this stage switches between different lairs of the Elite Four. I would presume that Pokemon of the respective types (Dragon, Steel, Water, and Fire) will also appear. I might be going out on a limb here but could their be a stage boss for the final stage where you would normally face the champion? Diantha's Mega-Gardevoir would be my assumption, but what does everyone else think?
I'm probably guessing that the Pokemon are just spectators.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Excuse me if I'm late but has anyone noticed the Pokemon in the back of this pic?

It appears to be the Pokemon League stage and an assortment of Dragon type Pokemon appear in the background. I'm assuming this stage switches between different lairs of the Elite Four. I would presume that Pokemon of the respective types (Dragon, Steel, Water, and Fire) will also appear. I might be going out on a limb here but could their be a stage boss for the final stage where you would normally face the champion? Diantha's Mega-Gardevoir would be my assumption, but what does everyone else think?
I actually did notice it, but didn't really care to look too far into it. I'm not going to expect a boss, but wouldn't complain if we saw one.

Something else I picked up on, have we seen any 3DS stage bosses? I mean, I know about Find Mii, but have we seen definitive screenshots of being like....being a boss? Kinda leads me to Boss Battles being Wii U exclusive.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I remember the pre E3 IgN predictions for Smash Bros.....

One guy predicted Miis, Pac-Man, and Palutena.

One guy predicted Captain Falcon and Ness.

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359
I actually did notice it, but didn't really care to look too far into it. I'm not going to expect a boss, but wouldn't complain if we saw one.

Something else I picked up on, have we seen any 3DS stage bosses? I mean, I know about Find Mii, but have we seen definitive screenshots of being like....being a boss? Kinda leads me to Boss Battles being Wii U exclusive.
I believe Dr. Wily's Castle also appears on the 3DS version along with the Yellow Devil. And the Yellow Devil is the only CONFIRMED stage boss yet so far. However, I do believe something unusual is going on in the Pyrosphere...

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
@ ~Krystal~ ~Krystal~
Nice roster overall, glad to see Krystal is in there otherwise I'd question your username's reasoning with the roster you made.
My rating: :4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon: out of 10 HYESZ!
Reasons: you having over 20+ newcomers was a good addition to get 8 falcons from me, & adding in Sceptile as my bias' extra falcon point you recieved 9/10. Thanks for Sharing~

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Am i the only one who thinks that this whole boss stage hazard thing looks incredibly underdeveloped so far? i mean for what a big deal they made out of it in the direct, we have only seen Yellow devil. I think that either they're trying to hype the concept a lot and save the stages with them for the end, or just decided that it should be a one or two stage only thing, wich considering how the matches at Willy's castle played out at E3, i could see why.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
@ RoysOurBoy RoysOurBoy
Nice finalized list without counting DLC.

But when I notice your DLC I can't help but smile.

Final rating without DLC: :4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon: out of 10 HYESZ!
Reason: Having at least 18 newcomers in the roster. Mewtwo is the exception.
Rating including your DLC: :4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon: out of 10 HYESZ!
Thanks for Sharing~

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359
Since you asked nicely.

Rayman has no chance of getting in before Isaac. DLC or no. Sceptile is less likely to get in than K. Rool. Impa is more likely than R.O.B., Lucas, and Chorus Men.
Thank you! I knew I was forgetting someone, I meant to have Isaac as DLC but I couldn't remember him for the life of me.

As for King K. however, I'm sorry to everyone but I don't think he is likely. I would love to see him in and if you have a compelling argument for him I'd love for you to prove me wrong.

BTW I really, really, want to add Impa, I see her as the most likely Zelda newcomer. I just couldn't find myself adding her as anything but DLC at this point. She'll make my next roster.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Damn I wish more of you watched Yu Yu, There's a scary golem dude in season 1 that sounds perfect for a Tetris monster. He comes apart and reforms and sheet, it's too dope

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
As for King K. however, I'm sorry to everyone but I don't think he is likely. I would love to see him in and if you have a compelling argument for him I'd love for you to prove me wrong.
Throw his lack of recency out the window and you have a near flawless candidate. That's my argument.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Black Shadow (though it was a few posts up)....

....it is his birthday tomorrow. :awesome:

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359
Throw his lack of recency out the window and you have a near flawless candidate. That's my argument.
That's what K's problem is. He hasn't appeared in a major DK game in years. One hope I do see for him is that Mario Super Sluggers didn't forget him. Do you know who developed MSS? Namco Bandai. I'm grasping straws though.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Speaking of Black Shadow (though it was a few posts up)....
....it is his birthday tomorrow. :awesome:
Wait, an anniversary for Black Shadow, and one day after Hyrule Warriors' release date?

Did someone say, "dual Ganondorf and Black Shadow reveal"? (The former taking a new moveset, the latter taking his old one?)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is it. Roster.png

Dark Pit plus Ghirahim plus Bandana Dee equals best roster. Also Snake and a lack of Krystal. 58 characters including Miis. My personal perfect case scenario involves adding Black Shadow, Isaac, Ray 01, and K. Rool. 62 characters, so unless we get DLC, it won't happen. I had to make a few sacrifices.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
That's what K's problem is. He hasn't appeared in a major DK game in years. One hope I do see for him is that Mario Super Sluggers didn't forget him. Do you know who developed MSS? Namco Bandai. I'm grasping straws though.
He may not have appeared in years, but think about it this way:

He hasn't appeared in years, but he's STILL among the most popular candidates for Smash. Think about how big a character has to be for that to happen.

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359
View attachment 21703

Dark Pit plus Ghirahim plus Bandana Dee equals best roster. Also Snake and a lack of Krystal. 58 characters including Miis. My personal perfect case scenario involves adding Black Shadow, Isaac, Ray 01, and K. Rool. 62 characters, so unless we get DLC, it won't happen. I had to make a few sacrifices.
Not big on Bandana Dee, but overall very nice roster!

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
In general, people's prediction rosters are getting bigger and bigger. I'm sure that the roster will be bigger than most of us originally expected, but I feel like people are starting to get greedy like back before brawl was out.
I just hope not too many people get their hopes up for a 50+ roster.

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359
He may not have appeared in years, but think about it this way:

He hasn't appeared in years, but he's STILL among the most popular candidates for Smash. Think about how big a character has to be for that to happen.
Personally, I just can't see it happening. I would love to see K. Rool. LOVE to. Just can't see it. Hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom