• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
And I must say, the way people have lost love for movesets in this thread does make me a bit sad. :c
Because gameplay doesn't matter at all and all that matters is being relevant.

But seriously, I do understand where you're going with this. I mean a moveset can change the opinion of something.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
*Pac-Man stuff
If you want to convince people of Pac-Man you need to drastically change the move set you suggested. Would suggest the ghosts as a down special.

I don't like the ghosts being involved. Pac-Man doesn't command ghosts at all in most of his known games.
Wii Fit Trainer doesn't hula hoop or play soccer.

Last edited by a moderator:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Christ, is he at it again? Let's see the hypocrite get himself out of this one.

You said Rosalina did not have anything to suggest Luma would be controlled in her move set. That is simply not true. Stuff doesn't just not exist because you don't recognize it.
Oh really? Tell me, when did Rosalina ever throw Lumas around in Super Mario Galaxy? You only think it's apparently obvious that she would throw them around after seeing her do so in Smash. You're the one that's blatantly lying when you say that you knew she would do it, or should I remind you how you think Krystal would be a Fox clone instead of using her staff that does, in fact, exist, that she did in fact use, and that is in fact related to her. So, you so obviously knew that Rosalina was going to puppeteer a Luma if she got in, then explain why you try to ignore the existence of potential in other characters, or are you just biased?

Pro tip: Stop digging yourself a hole.

Last edited:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Because gameplay doesn't matter at all and all that matters is being relevant.

But seriously, I do understand where you're going with this. I mean a moveset can change the opinion of something.
It's true, sadly many don't care anymore. Ah well, doesn't mean I don't. :p I just enjoying designing how characters can work, it's basically what my profession is going to be in the Videogame industry when I'm out of college. Speaking of which, I've got work to do, so for now I'll just be in the shadows while you all discuss...stuff. :p

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
As probably the biggest Pac-Man hater on this site, I think Pac-Man has a really good chance of happening. So much that he was on the alt of my last roster. Disclaimer: I do not AT ALL base my proposal of Pac-Man on anything related to the coincidental fact that Namco is working on the game.

What's funny is that Pac-Man could actually have a pretty unique move set. The most unique thing being the ghosts. So if people thing Pac-Man can't be unique, try to focus more on the game's source material and not just the character itself.

I actually would not hate Pac-Man if he used his classic design. Which of course he would if he was in.
Nope, smashchu has you beaten on the level of pac-hate :laugh:

Yeah, but that fits her because she's a fitness trainer, of course health-related things are going to be involved in her moveset.
Pac-Man commanding ghosts is unfitting.
Exactly, this is why I had the ghosts chasing pacman in his side special and back-aerial. As throwbacks to the arcade.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey guys...

Let's remember not to get aggressive with each other. Insults and rude behavior will not be tolerated. That goes for EVERYONE.

So play nice. :p

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Nope, smashchu has you beaten on the level of pac-hate :laugh:
actually,

nobody knows my innermost amount of hate for this overrated slice-missing pie, as I try to be civil around here. but really, it's the most amount of hate I have felt towards an idea.

......so guys, how's life? mine's great! :awesome:

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Hey guys...

Let's remember not to get aggressive with each other. Insults and rude behavior will not be tolerated. That goes for EVERYONE.

So play nice. :p
^^^
This.
An argument is just bound to happen between jamesdenaux and saturn at any moment now...

actually,

nobody knows my innermost amount of hate for this overrated slice-missing pie, as I try to be civil around here. but really, it's the most amount of hate I have felt towards an idea.

......so guys, how's life? mine's great! :awesome:
Overrated? Have you been to smashboards?...nah, ain't gonna start one.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Just let it go please.

Oh really? Tell me, when did Rosalina ever throw Lumas around in Super Mario Galaxy? You only think it's apparently obvious that she would throw them around after seeing her do so in Smash.
Rosalina is often seen with Luma. You can easily predict that Luma would be part of her move set, thus Luma would most likely do something like that.

You're the one that's blatantly lying when you say that you knew she would do it
For the last time: Please stop putting words in my mouth.

or should I remind you how you think Krystal would be a Fox clone instead of using her staff that does, in fact, exist, that she did in fact use, and that is in fact related to her.
Should I remind you of Ganondorf's sword, Toon Link's Skull Hammer, and Lucas's different PSI that does in fact exist, that they did in fact use, and that is in fact related to them.

And that they DON'T in fact use in Super Smash Brothers.

So, you so obviously knew that Rosalina was going to puppeteer a Luma if she got in, then explain why you try to ignore the existence of potential in other characters
I actually ignored Rosalina before she was revealed. But, if I were to have come up with a unique move set I would have incorporated Luma is some way.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
^^^
This.
An argument is just bound to happen between jamesdenaux and saturn at any moment now...
Well if it does, I'm willing to infract both sides.

So, play nice! :D

So...

Anyone think any other assist trophies will get the Little Mac treatment?

Also, when do you think Palutena will be revealed?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I know this is pretty random, but any guesses as to who the last revealed newcomer(s) are going to be? They tend to be the hardest to choose from (as far as I'm aware of). The only characters I can even think of guessing of are Mama (from the Cooking Mama franchise) or a Smash representative (either Sandbag or a Primid; that really common green enemy that appeared in SSE mode)
I doubt it is Pac-Man... if he's in, Nintendo would be showing Pac-Man before the game comes out...

Maybe the Wandering Heroes or the Labrador Retriever Nintendog... as modern WTF characters... or the Duck Hunt Dog or Captain N... as retro WTF characters... just my guess.

Or Toad! :awesome:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
But, if I were to have come up with a unique move set I would have incorporated Luma is some way.
would you? would you really? because I doubt it.

even if you did it would never be to the extent it actually is.

I'm hoping Issac gets promoted. he's awesome:grin:

as for palutena, no freaking clue.

Last edited:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

So...

I don't really know, possibly Saki or possibly Isaac, but other then them nothing else really comes to mind. And Palutena may possibly be revealed at E3 as part of a three newcomer release, possibly along with Ridley and Mewtwo's return, it'd be one hell of a way to build up hype in the closing months before the game's release.

And James, don't feed the socially-deprived animals please. It's just not the time nor the place.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
would you? would you really? because I doubt it.

even if you did it would never be to the extent it actually is.
I think it's a pretty obvious idea, dude.

yeah, but the miis in wii fit do, that's still WAY closer than to pac-man commanding ghosts.
How? And how is Pac-Man controlling ghosts or releasing them any more strange than Ice Climbers shooting the icicles?

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ

So...

I don't really care for any of the characters who were assist trophies. I say let Issac, saki, and the rest stay in their capsules...forever. Little mac was the only cool one IMO.

Last edited:

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman

So...

The one Assist Trophy that I believe has a pretty darn good chance would have to be Isaac. Those that I would actually like to see (and have a somewhat decent chance) would be Waluigi and Tingle.

Palutena will probably be held off for a while... I don't see her getting revealed next Direct, but who knows. I certainly don't.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't really care for any of the characters who were assist trophies. I say let Issac, saki, and the rest stay in their capsules...forever. Little mac was the only cool one IMO.
You want Waluigi in his capsule?
Off with his head.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Little Mac and Samurai Goroh are the only Assist Trophies I think will make it. Golden Sun isn't really a major mascot franchise of Nintendo.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

So...

In regards to Assist Trophy's being promoted, I personally don't expect any more. But that's more of a purely personal standpoint on the characters, as I think the most obvious candidates for being promoted have something about them that makes them, in my eyes, less likely candidates for the roster. However, it's certainly possible to see more of them. I would say the most likely of the bunch would be characters like Isaac, Samurai Goroh, or Tingle, with Isaac being the most probable of the bunch as a good miscellaneous character choice. I don't immediately recall any other prominent assist trophy characters who might be promoted, but those three strike me as the most plausible.

As for Palutena? No clue when she'll be revealed. Although at this point, I do think she has a very good shot at being on the roster, which I suppose is what matters in the end.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think the fairy will replace the HC. Also,that's not Navi,it's Tatl.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
If you want to convince people of Pac-Man you need to drastically change the move set you suggested. Would suggest the ghosts as a down special.

Wii Fit Trainer doesn't hula hoop or play soccer.
Pac-Man controlling the ghosts is more-so just out of character than anything else. That's not to say it couldn't happen (Neither my nor Bluepikmin's thoughts has anything to do with that), but...it would just seem odd. At least to me anyway. That's what Blue was implying
Wii Fit Trainer doing those thing doesn't seem as out of character as Pac-Man controlling the things trying that normally try to kill him. As a character that is seen doing various fitness related activities, it's not unreasonable to see her/he playing soccer or hula-hooping. Despite not actually happening in-game, it still in character.

Oh really? Tell me, when did Rosalina ever throw Lumas around in Super Mario Galaxy? You only think it's apparently obvious that she would throw them around after seeing her do so in Smash. You're the one that's blatantly lying when you say that you knew she would do it, or should I remind you how you think Krystal would be a Fox clone instead of using her staff that does, in fact, exist, that she did in fact use, and that is in fact related to her. So, you so obviously knew that Rosalina was going to puppeteer a Luma if she got in, then explain why you try to ignore the existence of potential in other characters, or are you just biased?

Pro tip: Stop digging yourself a hole.
I'm too lazy to go back and read this whole argument. I've only read what you responded to, but based on that that's not what he was saying.
He didn't previously think that before the reveal that Rosalina would control Lumas as part of her moveset. He's merely pointing out in hindsight that, given what we know about her abilities, it's not that unreasonable to think that Rosalina could actively control Lumas on the battlefield. Rosalina does have a little foundation, in other words. It's not completely out of character.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I think it's a pretty obvious idea, dude.
if you say so......

How? And how is Pac-Man controlling ghosts or releasing them any more strange than Ice Climbers shooting the icicles?
well, Icicles are inanimate objects......

and if they are actually alive, which I don't think they are, they are LITERALLY HITTING THEM FORWARD WITH THEIR HAMMER. it's probably against their will.

I don't see Pac-Man getting in without the ghost move
I'm holding you to this

Last edited:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
What is most important about Pac-Man? Eating
What should be the most important part of Pac-Man's moveset? Eating through pellets, Fruits and Power Berries
Why should he use Ghosts? No good answer possible. He isn't Doranjo. It's like Mario sending out Goombas for an attack, or Link throwing out Octoroks, or Samus throwing out Metroids, or Kirby throwing out Waddle Dees...starting to see why this is a stupid idea yet?

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Hey guys, I can see where saturn is coming from. He believes that the ghosts are iconic enough to be in his moveset. I agree, I just believe they should be used as enemies and not allies. Lets just change the subject. Its not healthy to start another argument over tiny things.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Actually it is. That is a very classic and iconic Nintendo franchise. You can't say the same for Golden Sun. Popular yes. But, iconic and major? No.
Golden Sun was one of THE big games on the GBA. It sold millions.

It's iconic for sure and more major than other series already in.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Pac-Man controlling the ghosts is more-so just out of character than anything else. That's not to say it couldn't happen (Neither my nor Bluepikmin's thoughts has anything to do with that), but...it would just seem odd. At least to me anyway. That's what Blue was implying
Wii Fit Trainer doing those thing doesn't seem as out of character as Pac-Man controlling the things trying that normally try to kill him. As a character that is seen doing various fitness related activities, it's not unreasonable to see her/he playing soccer or hula-hooping. Despite not actually happening in-game, it still in character.
Releasing ghosts and having them try to kill characters like they do in the game is unfitting? And what about the icicles that try to kill Ice Climbers? They control those.

I don't see how this is any less fitting than that or R.O.B.'s lasers. Or Mr. Game & Watch swinging a turtle at you when he normally jumps on them.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What is most important about Pac-Man? Eating
What should be the most important part of Pac-Man's moveset? Eating through pellets, Fruits and Power Berries
Why should he use Ghosts? No good answer possible. He isn't Doranjo.
Oh,hey,I have a question for you,do you want ROB in? Because I heard you wanted ROB to destroy some specific people :dazwa:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Oh,hey,I have a question for you,do you want ROB in? Because I heard you wanted ROB to destroy some specific people :dazwa:
Of course I want R.O.B. in, he has no reason to leave, was a fun character in Brawl, and was unique in his own sense. And yes, Gameradar needs to just burn...their online series is so painful to watch I'm shocked how many people watch it. Ah well, it's clear that Youtube loves stupidity...*Cough* Shokio *Cough*

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Golden Sun was one of THE big games on the GBA. It sold millions.

It's iconic for sure and more major than other series already in.
And yet it's hardly remembered by anyone outside the internet and never referenced by Nintendo in anything else. It's not as major as the IPs that have gotten in. (with the exception of retros of course).

Popular and iconic are not the same thing.

EDIT: Hold on I just noticed this. You said it was more major than Animal Crossing, Mario, Punch-Out, Sonic, Wario, Pikmin, and Wii Fit!?!?

His goal is to RUN from the ghosts. Not summoning them like Shang Tsung
Mr. Game & Watch's goal is to jump over turtles. Not ***** slap people with them. It's also Villager's job to PLAY Balloon Fighter. Not BE him.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Just let it go please.
Rosalina is often seen with Luma. You can easily predict that Luma would be part of her move set, thus Luma would most likely do something like that.
For the last time: Please stop putting words in my mouth.
Should I remind you of Ganondorf's sword, Toon Link's Skull Hammer, and Lucas's different PSI that does in fact exist, that they did in fact use, and that is in fact related to them.
And that they DON'T in fact use in Super Smash Brothers.
I actually ignored Rosalina before she was revealed. But, if I were to have come up with a unique move set I would have incorporated Luma is some way.
Joy. You think I'm flaming? Please do point out where I'm flaming, I was not rude to you, did not insult you, and did not call you any names. Unless calling someone out on being a hypocrite is flaming. I'm terribly sorry if you think I'm flaming you, but I'm just not, please stop putting words in my mouth.

Please explain this logic, Ganondorf so obviously would have used his sword, but did not. Rosalina so obviously would use her Lumas and did, so which is it? Will other characters be clones because of Ganondorf, or will they be unique and use things that they can use, like Rosalina? You can't have it both ways, Saturn. You say that Rosalina has her Luma because it was obvious she would get it, yet she couldn't have been a clone like Ganondorf? You contradict yourself.

You would have included Lumas in Rosalina's moveset, yet you entirely ignore the fact that Krystal would use her staff, and instead relegate her to a clone. You're just trying to cover yourself, and doing a terrible job at it. What is so inherently different about Rosalina that she couldn't possibly be a clone, yet Krystal would?

Do note, and be sure to read this so you don't start something again: I am not trying to start an argument, and as I said before, I am not flaming you. If you are going to respond to this, please be civil about it. I have nothing against you, Saturn, I'm trying to be nice here, there is no reason for us to argue.

I'm too lazy to go back and read this whole argument. I've only read what you responded to, but based on that that's not what he was saying.
He didn't previously think that before the reveal that Rosalina would control Lumas as part of her moveset. He's merely pointing out in hindsight that, given what we know about her abilities, it's not that unreasonable to think that Rosalina could actively control Lumas on the battlefield. Rosalina does have a little foundation, in other words. It's not completely out of character.
This is exactly the point I am trying to make, he is claiming, in hindsight, that Rosalina would obviously use her Lumas. In fact, not even in hindsight, since he just said "I actually ignored Rosalina before she was revealed. But, if I were to have come up with a unique move set I would have incorporated Luma is some way." which to me, seems to imply that he thinks she would have used Lumas before seeing her do so in her reveal. I'm simply pointing out, that either he is being hypocritical, or he has some major bias against Krystal, as he has, on multiple occasions, said that she would be nothing more than a Fox clone and would never use her staff. As you can see in the above quote as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom