• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Funny, I had a dream a few weeks ago where Venusaur was confirmed for the game.
Considering how Charizard and Lucario both have Mega Evolution-centric Final Smashes and how Mewtwo inevitably probably will as well, having those 2 in having said Final Smashes makes sense.

Plus they literally are the box art Pokémon. Add in the fact aside from K. Rool and Ridley there are no real noticeable newcomer heavyweight candidates, as well as Blastoise's and Venusaur's unique traits, and quite frankly it fits into the roster very well.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Blaziken or Sceptile

Yesterday and this morning, 42 of you voted on one of these two pokemon to likely be or should be in Smash Bros 4 if a Generation 3 spot is available.

Who won!!!!!?

The results are here!

And here is the data to prove it:

That debate can be put to rest. :joyful:

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
If I were to have voted, I would've voted for Blaziken honestly. And I don't really care for him too much.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Nope, that is not what I think. Hyperbole is taking the base of someone's argument and exaggerating it to highlight the flaw in logic. That is what was being done above.

As for an impossible option, I wouldn't count anyone as impossible, just highly improbable.

Krystal, Isaac, K Rool, Ridley,
Dixie, Banjo, Skull Kid, Bowser Junior

I love the Kirby Hats!
The K Rool hat is creepy as ****. Doubt Sakurai would even try that to Kirby

Well...now that Meta Knight is revealed, they missed the shot to reveal Ridley

:troll:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
smash is the only place where it is ok to hit girls
Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Soul Cailbur, Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, Arcana Heart, Mortal Kombat, Marvel vs. Capcom, Skullgirls, King of Fighters, Fatal Fury, Dead or Alive.......

Those are only examples in fighting games fyi.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Soul Cailbur, Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, Arcana Heart, Mortal Kombat, Marvel vs. Capcom, Skullgirls, King of Fighters, Fatal Fury, Dead or Alive.......

Those are only examples in fighting games fyi.
well I knew that and I was joking you don't have to be rude about it

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
So what do you think the next trailer will be:

DK Trailer
Villains Trailer
Star Fox Trailer
LoZ Trailer
Or none of the above?
I'mmm gonna have to go with a Star Fox trailer. Seems to be the most underdeveloped of the major first party franchises. A villains trailer is also possible, but then it's iffy. I don't consider Mewtwo a villain, Ridley is 50/50 to me, and K. Rool with Ganondorf would be the only pairing I could see transpiring. Whether that's hype worthy enough for a trailer is subjective, but I guess it could get the Zelda and DK fans going.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I'mmm gonna have to go with a Star Fox trailer. Seems to be the most underdeveloped of the major first party franchises. A villains trailer is also possible, but then it's iffy. I don't consider Mewtwo a villain, Ridley is 50/50 to me, and K. Rool with Ganondorf would be the only pairing I could see transpiring. Whether that's hype worthy enough for a trailer is subjective, but I guess it could get the Zelda and DK fans going.
You mean underveloped as in that we haven't seen much of it in the game? or as in that it needs more than 3 characters?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

DK Trailer
Villains Trailer
Star Fox Trailer
LoZ Trailer
Or none of the above?
None of the above, we are going to get a continuation trailer of the Kid Icarus reveal; Dark Pit is, more likely than not, going to be confirmed here.

Morbi

Scavenger
why not starfox? if any series deserves a trailer it starfox because we have been in the dark too long about the series
A Star Fox trailer seems more likely than the rest of the options, if you ask me. It depends on whether or not Krystal is in the game, I suppose, as we would not get a trailer just to reveal Falco and Wolf (though it would be nice).

Where's the Paper Mario option?
He can crash Dark Pit's party, all characters that are unwanted are welcome in Dark Pit's trailer.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

DK Trailer
Villains Trailer
Star Fox Trailer
LoZ Trailer
Or none of the above?
If I were to guess... Well, I can't guess on just one. There's no way I can predict which one of these exact trailers will happen.

But if I were to list the ones I find likely (in no specific order)...

-Ridley Trailer
-DK Trailer
-Shulk Trailer
-Villains Trailer

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
why not starfox? if any series deserves a trailer it starfox because we have been in the dark too long about the series
Well, that would assume we would be getting a new Star Fox rep (because two veterans would warrant a video), and the only vviable, yet not likely, choice is Krystal. So, yeah, I don't believe we're seeing a Star Fox video

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
But if I were to list the ones I find likely (in no specific order)...

-Ridley Trailer
-DK Trailer
-Shulk Trailer
-Villains Trailer
Now, I shall list all of the ones that could happen (in a very specific order):

- Shulk Trailer
- Ridley Trailer
- Villains Trailer
- DK Trailer
- Zelda Trailer
- Isaac or Rhythm Heaven Trailer
- Everything else

mark welford

Smash Ace
there should be a 4in1 reveal I mean combining the shulk and villain trailer where they show falco fighting wolf and ganondorf and just when he is about to be defeated shulk steps in and save falco I can picture it in my mind right now that would be awesome AWESOME! trailer

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
there should be a 4in1 reveal I mean combining the shulk and villain trailer where they show falco fighting wolf and ganondorf and just when he is about to be defeated shulk steps in and save falco I can picture it in my mind right now that would be awesome AWESOME! trailer
That sounds like quite a lot of characters revealed at once.
Something I highly doubt will happen unless this is a general trailer like the one at E3 2013.

He can crash Dark Pit's party, all characters that are unwanted are welcome in Dark Pit's trailer.

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I seriously have to wonder about the absence of Fox in any reveal trailers. I mean, let's look at the veterans featured in Villager's trailer: Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, and Pit. Now let's look at who has shown up in other newcomer trailers:

Mario - Mega Man, WFT, Rosalina, Greninja, and Pac-Man
DK - Mega Man and Rosalina (and Pac-Man to a degree)
Link - Mega Man, WFT, Greninja, and Palutena
Samus - Little Mac and Greninja
Kirby - Mega Man, WFT, Rosalina, Greninja, and Palutena
Fox - None... hmmm....
Pikachu - Greninja
Pit - Palutena

With each being a "mascot" for the different franchises in the first trailer, I see each showing up in a subsequent trailer. Fox trailer, here we come.

*Disclaimer* - There is something glaringly missing from this post: the Fire Emblem trailer. No previously revealed characters were featured in that one, but that doesn't really affect my stance that Fox will still find his way into a trailer, maybe with Ridley Shulk?

Morbi

Scavenger
I seriously have to wonder about the absence of Fox in any reveal trailers. I mean, let's look at the veterans featured in Villager's trailer: Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, and Pit. Now let's look at who has shown up in other newcomer trailers:

Fox - None... hmmm....
Pikachu - Greninja
Pit - Palutena

With each being a "mascot" for the different franchises in the first trailer, I see each showing up in a subsequent trailer. Fox trailer, here we come.

*Disclaimer* - There is something glaringly missing from this post: the Fire Emblem trailer. No previously revealed characters were featured in that one, but that doesn't really affect my stance that Fox will still find his way into a trailer, maybe with Ridley Shulk?
I could see Team Star Fox tracking down Ridley for his bounty. I am not sure if there are any inherent correlations between Star Fox and Xenoblade as there are between Star Fox and Metroid. I suppose it could happen, it is not as though the trailers have to make sense. Albeit, Sakurai clearly ships Donkey Kong with Star Fox (based on SSE). So that might be a thing.

That sounds like quite a lot of characters revealed at once.
Something I highly doubt will happen unless this is a general trailer like the one at E3 2013.

Believe it or not, Dark Pit is actually not that wanted.

Monkeymaner

Smash Cadet
middle of the dessert , on a horse with no name
NNID
Monkeymaner

Fox - None... hmmm....
Pikachu - Greninja
Pit - Palutena

Fox was in Palutena's trailer , but only in the gameplay section

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Fox was in Palutena's trailer , but only in the gameplay section
I meant "featured", like in the movie portions. Sorry if I was unclear. The gameplay portions are cool, but it's not the same. My issue is that each of the mascot characters were featured in short bits in the Villager trailer, but Fox is the only one not to be featured in another newcomer trailer. I'll be surprised if he doesn't show up in one before it's all over.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
For trailers, I think they will do the cross-game or some contrasting again, like how they did FE vs. Captain Falcon.

Given this game is about crossovers, better cross it up.

So, what cross overs do you guys want to see?

Shulk versus Ghirahim!

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Sup guys, I'm back here. With plenty of quotes:
So I made a new Roster, now with 54 characters!
After reviewed the roster, I give you an above decent critique: :4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon: out of 10 HYESZ!You pass with a fairly good score having more than 18+ brand newcomers.:) Thanks for Posting.
Guys I noticed something. Look at Meta Knight's right shoulder pad here. Look at the scratch marks.

They appear to be there in most of the screens we've seen so far. Either that or it's being covered. Except one...

They're not there. Visible battle damage confirmed, or just a shot from earlier in development? I personally hope this means battle damage will be implemented, but that's just me. Thoughts?
Looks more like over-speculation of the added detail in each picture. Could just be an added detail to emphasize some origin of Yarn Kirby? Looks like it's keeping his pauldrons on his shoulders so they don't fall apart? No steam either to notify us he's at high% so it'd have to be a mid-way visual difference, or right before steaming high %.
Reviewing your favorite roster, I give a rating of: :4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon: out of 10 HYESZ! Your roster passed with an above average score for having 18+ brand newcomers. Thanks for Posting.
@Capt. Butt Stallion your avatar reminds me of my 10th grade vice principle or captain falcon being a lawyer all I'm saying is nice goatee you got there
@Capt. Butt Stallion 's avatar reminds me of a cross-over of Harvey Birdman & Captain Falcon. MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Blaziken or Sceptile

Yesterday and this morning, 42 of you voted on one of these two pokemon to likely be or should be in Smash Bros 4 if a Generation 3 spot is available.

Who won!!!!!?

The results are here!

And here is the data to prove it:

That debate can be put to rest. :joyful:
FINALLY! Sheesh.
smash is the only place where it is ok to hit girls
Don't you mean, Smash girls?:smirk:
None, It's Shulk time!
Thanks to @ScatmansWorld25 , It's actually Reyn Time.:awesome:

To be in current discussion of the likely trailer we'll see, I'm atm very indecisive & can't make a solid prediction of what it may be. StarFox looks really lacking right now. So does F-Zero:4falcon:. And Falcon deserves to be in another trailer testing the Smash newcomers like he did Chrom & Lucina. But StarFox, Villains, a finished up Pokemon trailer to decide Sceptile/Blaziken/Diancie, Mewtwo, & Purin would clear that up fairly well to end Pokemon's trailers. So would LoZ. . . .ugh can't decide.:urg:

Last edited:

saggernaut724

Smash Rookie
NNID
sagwinsl
3DS FC
4785-6664-3260
For trailers, I think they will do the cross-game or some contrasting again, like how they did FE vs. Captain Falcon.

Given this game is about crossovers, better cross it up.

So, what cross overs do you guys want to see?

Shulk versus Ghirahim!
Shulk, Link, and Sheik versus Ghirahim would be pretty cool. I think the aforementioned Team Starfox versus Ridley idea would be really interesting, as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom