• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
For trailers, I think they will do the cross-game or some contrasting again, like how they did FE vs. Captain Falcon.
Given this game is about crossovers, better cross it up.
So, what cross overs do you guys want to see?
Shulk versus Ghirahim!
I would rather Shulk get his own trailer instead of having Ghirahim be tacked on.
At best, he gets revealed in a villains Trailer or Zelda trailer.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Does anybody else think that Shulk is coming next? Might just be me, but I feel like he's going to be in the next Direct. Right after (or before) Xenoblade Chronicles X footage and info.

Morbi

Scavenger
Does anybody else think that Shulk is coming next? Might just be me, but I feel like he's going to be in the next Direct. Right after (or before) Xenoblade Chronicles X footage and info.
Perhaps, I have no evidence to support this conclusion, but why not?

I would rather Shulk get his own trailer instead of having Ghirahim be tacked on.
At best, he gets revealed in a villains Trailer or Zelda trailer.
No. No. No.

Shulk would be tacked on to Ghirahim's trailer.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
For trailers, I think they will do the cross-game or some contrasting again, like how they did FE vs. Captain Falcon.

Given this game is about crossovers, better cross it up.

So, what cross overs do you guys want to see?

Shulk versus Ghirahim!
Krystal and Ridley vs. Adam Malkovich.

This has to be realistic, doesn't it? :urg:

Shulk vs. Link would appeal to me. I know he already had a match against Pit, but he's a crowd pleaser.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Shulk is a definite possibility, I think, and is one of the more likely newcomers to be revealed soon. However, I can also easily see him being a character they keep secret until the release date.

In all honesty, I think that the most likely character to be revealed next is Ridley. This is mostly because, unlike Shulk, Ridley has been teased. Constantly. We're very close to the one year anniversary of the Pyrosphere's reveal, and the beginning of Ridley's teasing. I think now would be the most ideal time to have all that teasing finally pay off.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Shulk is a definite possibility, I think, and is one of the more likely newcomers to be revealed soon. However, I can also easily see him being a character they keep secret until the release date.

In all honesty, I think that the most likely character to be revealed next is Ridley. This is mostly because, unlike Shulk, Ridley has been teased. Constantly. We're very close to the one year anniversary of the Pyrosphere's reveal, and the beginning of Ridley's teasing. I think now would be the most ideal time to have all that teasing finally pay off.
What are you talking about? Ridley was deconfirmed during the direct :confused: Not really though please don't send me to the Ridley thread theories.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Ya know I'm a little shocked no one mentioned this, with Sm4sh getting more ladies in the roster. But what about a finishing touch Super Smash Sisters. trailer featuring the remaining hotnesses of Sm4sh?
You already know who could be featured too.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
What are you talking about? Ridley was deconfirmed during the direct :confused: Not really though please don't send me to the Ridley thread theories.
There are no "theories" involved, objectively speaking, Ridley was not confirmed as a boss character. It is that simple, really.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
What?! What are you talking about, Weeman? I tend to agree with most of your stuff, but I'm afraid you've really gone off the deep end this time around. Please read the 2nd post of the Ridley thread to understand why he's 100 PERCENT PLAYABLE. No debate!

*Mandatory personal attack/closing statement here*

Was that satisfactory? :p

D

Deleted member

So uh, the European release of Xenoblade was the 19th, and the Pyroshpere stage reveal was the 20th. Coincidence? Probably, but I think it's very possible we'll see something related to either, but hopefully both. Like, I don't know... a trailer!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ya know I'm a little shocked no one mentioned this, with Sm4sh getting more ladies in the roster. But what about a finishing touch Super Smash Sisters. trailer featuring the remaining hotnesses of Sm4sh?
Krystal would be pretty hot with all that fur.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I've pretty much given up on what to expect at this point, much less what order to expect it in.

Though I feel Shulk will be revealed closer to release.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
So uh, the European release of Xenoblade was the 19th, and the Pyroshpere stage reveal was the 20th. Coincidence? Probably, but I think it's very possible we'll see something related to either, but hopefully both. Like, I don't know... a trailer!
If only small tid-bit specific dates like that mattered.:urg:
A lot of character reveals based off guessing dates, have been shot down, Sadly.

Is there perhaps a list of characters in their reveal trailers that have any significant reason of origin of why dates could of mattered? Lucina / Robin / Falcon trailer was for their original games released in Japan was an anniversary on that same day. Other than that I don't recall the other trailers having any back-story fun fact about them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If only small tid-bit specific dates like that mattered.:urg:
A lot of character reveals based off guessing dates, have been shot down, Sadly.
Didn't both F-Zero and Fire Emblem have an anniversary around there trailer? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not entirely a lost cause. I think the dates most people expect a character reveal, but we don't end up getting one are for game releases. But more often than not, they tie in with anniversaries.

FalcoPaunch!121

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-9681-7388
Didn't both F-Zero and Fire Emblem have an anniversary around there trailer? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not entirely a lost cause. I think the dates most people expect a character reveal, but we don't end up getting one are for game releases. But more often than not, they tie in with anniversaries.
Five anniverseries for Metroid in August(I think.)!

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Nah man Isaac is gonna get revealed.
Shulk vs Isaac trailer, they battle as the real newcomer of the trailer shows up... *Dark Pit doesn't give a damn!* and then the fight continues as he flies away.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Five anniverseries for Metroid in August(I think.)!
Please list them off so that I may generate some inside hype to rupture for later. Then erode away to the ground.

Edit: On second thought, no need. If August is that time of the month for Metroid, then I'm ready for ANY DAY EVERY DAY OF AUGUST.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Having not touched Golden Sun, from a purely design standpoint I prefer Matthew to Isaac.

Sorry, but Isaac's porcupine haircut and giant bulbous gold metal armor nipples aren't doing it for me.

Last edited:

FalcoPaunch!121

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-9681-7388
Please list them off so that I may generate some inside hype to rupture for later. Then erode away to the ground.

Edit: On second thought, no need. If August is that time of the month for Metroid, then I'm ready for ANY DAY EVERY DAY OF AUGUST.
Super Metroid VC
Metroid VC
Corruption
Prime trilogy
Other M
Metroid
And maybe other ones.
Having not touched Golden Sun, from a purely design standpoint I prefer Matthew to Isaac.

Sorry, but Isaac's porcupine haircut and giant bulbous gold metal armor nipples aren't doing it for me.
Matthew could be an alternate costume.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I'm going to make this thread hate me in 3...

I've lost all faith in Ridley, and I believe he isn't going to be playable.

Morbi

Scavenger

I'm going to make this thread hate me even more in 3...
I've decided that Dark Pit is "shoe-in" and that not only will he be included in the game as a playable character, but he will replace Shulk's slot.

Shulk vs Isaac trailer, they battle as the real newcomer of the trailer shows up... *Dark Pit doesn't give a damn!* and then the fight continues as he flies away.
This is my favorite proposed trailer, good job!

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

While we're still talking about reveals, I really want the next one to be either Ness or Lucas (preferably Lucas) just so then I don't have to worry about Lucas being cut as much/at all.

FalcoPaunch!121

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-9681-7388
I've decided that Dark Pit is "shoe-in" and that not only will he be included in the game as a playable character, but he will replace Shulk's slot.

This is my favorite proposed trailer, good job!
Get ready for hate in

Shovel Knight will be playable. So will sceptile instead of jiggsss and mew2.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Team Treecko for life! Also team Charmander and Totodile!

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader

I don't think Hawlucha has a chance :crying:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace

Let me help you get more hatred towards you.:smirk:
*Smash Bros. 64 Announcer*
3!. . .

2!. . .

1!. . .

GO!
/endannouncer

Faith in Ridley, de-confirmed.
*Smash 64 Target Test commence*
FAILURE!

Let me help you out too boo.

If Dr. Pepper aka a DP urbanly termed, has a UNIQUE blend of 23 flavors, DP acronym'd as Dark Pit, has 23 UNIQUE reasons to be in Sm4sh. I cannot however help you out with those 23 reasons. You as the Queen of Sarcasm as posted by others I've witnessed, are able to find those 23 reasons.;)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Congratulations, you've created a new meme.

Also, I don't see why you'd suddenly lose faith in Ridley.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Team Treecko for life! Also team Charmander and Totodile!
Dude you speak the same Pokemon reptile onomatopoeia's I do!

I don't think Hawlucha has a chance :crying:
GASP But then how will Hawlucha carry all his Vita games food!?

So I'm pretty sure Announcer from 64 has to make a reference somewhere & call kids / adults failures for not hitting every target.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom