• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That sounds pretty cool actually, id be fine with it. Although i am curious as to how sakurai would make him look, i think he needs a slight design update because the vibe i get from looking at him is an underground blind winnie the pooh.
I'd imagine something similar to the banner in the Muddy thread, perhaps.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Miyamoto actually worked on Mole Mania and it is a fantastic Game Boy game. Not quite Donkey Kong '94 levels of near masterpiece, but definitely up there as one of the system's best.

Everyone should try it out.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Ahhhh I looked up Muddy Mole & noticed his GameBoy Color game debut was developed by Nintendo EAD, that pleases me. He seems interesting he could have a move-set worthy to mention & develop for. A character like that for only focusing around his stage control, he sounds more like a Stage hazard within a stage than playable status. Or for support, he'd be an AT, there's always that to show Nintendo can bring oldies into modern game-play.

My reaction step by step:

• Not knowing who Muddly Mole was:confused:
  • Researching about him learning the short-story of his background & realizing EAD developed the GB game:surprised:
  • Happy knowing EAD developed that game giving me a reason to play it:)
  • How he's implemented as a playable character overall but now knows he'd be revolved around stage-play & may be better off as a stage element or AT:ohwell:
On this topic of moles & digging. . .Jill the Drill Dozer & Knuckles the Echidna?. . .Anyone?
I'm all in favor of Knucks.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Quite fair. If you want to get more familiar, though, perhaps check out his thread? :D
Well, I checked out the OP. Looks nice, makes sense as a character, and could potentially be interesting. Probably not a character I would particularly care for, though.

I guess I would increase the want score I gave him to 60%.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, I checked out the OP. Looks nice, makes sense as a character, and could potentially be interesting. Probably not a character I would particularly care for, though.

I guess I would increase the want score I gave him to 60%.
Hurray for slightly swaying someone's opinion! :D

But yeah, everyone should try out Mole Mania. If you have an extra four bucks, it's on the 3DS E-Shop. :p

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Also for why I said Jill the Drill Dozer is because of Protom's quote.:shades:
I made a quick pic with the status of each brawl assist trophy:
View attachment 21099
Remaining (Ones in bold are the ones I believe have an actual playable chance):
Mr. Resetti
Excite Biker
Gray Fox
Kat and Anna
Jeff
Jill Dozer
Helirin
Issac
Advance Wars Platoon
Barbara
Ray
That posted, still approving of the mole / diggin discussion atm.
@ScatmansWorld25 . . .I can't NOT set my watch to anything but Reyn time!:shades:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, I'm partial to the jagged eyebrows too. Much better than the unibrow, in my opinion. :p

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Speaking of obscure Nintendo characters with **** awesome games we should have Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan, Kyle Hyde, Ashley Robins, Mallo, Wonder Red (rip ;_; ), Donbe&Hikari, Isa, Ray MkII, and the list goes on.

Particularly the EBA though.

domokl

Smash Lord
muddy mole would acutally fit in really well and be very unique as well.

D

Deleted member

Guys, we need to stop talking about Muddy Mole before every "leak" starts including them!

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Okay, I have a leak for you guys! Are you listening? Are you listening? Are you listening? Good!

Goku, Shrek, Bubsy, Professor Plum, Master Chief, and :083: are all going to be playable. Though I find the latter to be rather...:083: if you know what I mean?:lol:

Edit: But seriously. If we're getting a newcomer next week, it will probably be Shulk.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
I think there should be a mass reveal where sakurai is like **** it where if your favorite character is there good for you if it isn't oh well too bad

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I think there should be a mass reveal where sakurai is like **** it where if your favorite character is there good for you if it isn't oh well too bad
Like that :4zss: tease?
So you want that kind of theme but 100% serious, & de-confirming 10+ characters we all think would have logical reasons to return?

Muddy Mole 100% confirmed.

mark welford

Smash Ace
Like that :4zss: tease?
So you want that kind of theme but 100% serious, & de-confirming 10+ characters we all think would have logical reasons to return?

Muddy Mole 100% confirmed.
when he did that I don't use ZSS my heart sunk a little but he tricked us I breathed a sigh of relief

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
If Shulk is in the game I'm guessing he'll be announced next, and man I can't handle that. Not that I don't want him in the game, I'd absolutely be happy with his inclusion and do want him in the game. It's just I mean come on it's crunch time and I desperately desire a BIG (Sorry couldn't resist :rolleyes: ) reveal or at least one that is extremely hype-worthy and not predictable at all. Each day it gets worse and worse waiting and waiting.....and waiting....and waiting....

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Now i have a hankering for a mega farfetched...it needs to happen
He has needed just a regular evolution for six generations now.
It is such a shame, too. Such an adorable and overlooked duck based Pokemon, able to literally march to his own drum. He has, of course, always been one of my favorites, even before I realized he has a sort of hipster cult following at being so against the wind. I am unsure if it has to do with his adorable build, the sassy countenance, or his the Team Rocket-like demeanor he exhibited in the anime. I always believed, before we had a pure flying type in that buffoon Legendary, his evolution would be the best place to get a pure Flying type. Majestic, indeed, he could really take the line of Rupaul and exhibit all the elements of Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, and Talent.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
About the roster being revealed leak, I doubt it. I just can't see it happening. I find it heavily anti-climactic.

About Muddy Mole, yeah, he's cool, and I'd be happy to see him get in. Not quite a favourite, though.

mark welford

Smash Ace
sitting around waiting for a leak to see if your favorite character is in the game is a good a way to make yourself sick by worrying about that character

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
What is this rumor that seems to have sprung from nowhere to which you all are in upon?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm skeptic about the live stream. Last time before e3 Nintendo Direct. I was watching Pokemon Smash stream and had to endure a pink shirt wearing guy enter a little kid's house to find some Pokemon toys and take a bath all just for the intro for the 3rd gen remakes.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
All I want is the starting roster from this Corocoro magazine. It should prove instrumental in clearing the air for a lot of rumors going around.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
He has needed just a regular evolution for six generations now.
It is such a shame, too. Such an adorable and overlooked duck based Pokemon, able to literally march to his own drum. He has, of course, always been one of my favorites, even before I realized he has a sort of hipster cult following at being so against the wind. I am unsure if it has to do with his adorable build, the sassy countenance, or his the Team Rocket-like demeanor he exhibited in the anime. I always believed, before we had a pure flying type in that buffoon Legendary, his evolution would be the best place to get a pure Flying type. Majestic, indeed, he could really take the line of Rupaul and exhibit all the elements of Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, and Talent.
I'm heavily sorry my current post has a shred of relation with your meaningful justice for the NormFlying duck, but Pokeball summons are technically characters in the game correct? What do we thinkabout Mega Evolution Pokeball Summons? Like bringing back special pokeballs that promoted the idea of MEvo pokemon summons. It's a huge thought ahead, maybe something SSB5 would definitely make use of, so what about now? Master Balls for Legendaries, but a MEvo from a Pokeball w/o a FS?

To have a purpose for quoting, I'll give a decent reply that he's been a fully evolved 1-step Pkmn for far too long. a pre-evolution or at least A evolution is needed, a MEvo just may be what he needs, but rather would want evolution. This needs to be done to a lot of Pkmn 1- 6.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm heavily sorry my current post has a shred of relation with your meaningful justice for the NormFlying duck, but Pokeball summons are technically characters in the game correct? What do we thinkabout Mega Evolution Pokeball Summons? Like bringing back special pokeballs that promoted the idea of MEvo pokemon summons. It's a huge thought ahead, maybe something SSB5 would definitely make use of, so what about now? Master Balls for Legendaries, but a MEvo from a Pokeball w/o a FS?

I think it is time we get off Pokemon only having one damned item. The series has an assortment of other viable item options, and could extend far beyond the actual mainstay games. Why do they all need to be Pokemon summons? We could just have a mega evolution ring item if we wanted! Though, we could at least have an EMPTY Pokeball item to catch opponents with!

Or a Pokedex item, which allows you to scan opponents and know their customized movesets!

Or a rare candy to give to the Amiibo's... make them RARE indeed.

Or stat altering items of the many varieties, as we have them now.

I mean, we have too many options. I'm pretty annoyed Sakurai only represents the Pokemon franchise with the damned Pokemon themselves. It sounds wrong, but the games are about strategy and much more, and he just throws in the cool monsters and sometimes seems to not pay tribute to the world at all, unlike what he does with the other games where he tries to actually make the characters a respectable version of the universe they are from.

To have a purpose for quoting, I'll give a decent reply that he's been a fully evolved 1-step Pkmn for far too long. a pre-evolution or at least A evolution is needed, a MEvo just may be what he needs, but rather would want evolution. This needs to be done to a lot of Pkmn 1- 6.
His stats are terrible. As much as he could be even CUTER with a pre evolution, he is damned adorable enough to not need it.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
I think it is time we get off Pokemon only having one damned item. The series has an assortment of other viable item options, and could extend far beyond the actual mainstay games. Why do they all need to be Pokemon summons? We could just have a mega evolution ring item if we wanted! Though, we could at least have an EMPTY Pokeball item to catch opponents with!

Or a Pokedex item, which allows you to scan opponents and know their customized movesets!

I mean, we have too many options. I'm pretty annoyed Sakurai only represents the Pokemon franchise with the damned Pokemon themselves. It sounds wrong, but the games are about strategy and much more, and he just throws in the cool monsters and sometimes seems to not pay tribute to the world at all, unlike what he does with the other games where he tries to actually make the characters a respectable version of the universe they are from.

His stats are terrible. As much as he could be even CUTER with a pre evolution, he is damned adorable enough to not need it.
because out of all those items stated the pokeball is the most iconic item of the series

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace

Underlined agreed. When Sakurai is integrating additional elements that alter the game's formula such as % power, increased launch power, & NO FLINCHING (got dayum victini you're so awesome) through Pokemon's limited timed summons, then any of Duke's suggestions above are not farcical, in any sort of way. Pokedex idea is fun, it's extra effort of learning the game & messing with the custom sets, "Knowing is half the battle!".

Last edited:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I'm starting to doubt that we'll see a veteran before the next trailer, which points me to the next Nintendo Direct. I wonder when that will be, and who we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom