• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
@Scoliosis Jones
You tried to change the topic.... but it barely worked. Certain people only want to talk about Dark Pit.

So... can we talk about Ganondorf getting revamped?
Hopefully he can get a move set like that this time around.

SPEAKING OF ALTERNATE COSTUMES
HOW ABOUT MARCUS MCCLOUD FOR FOX
Those are good ideas. The bird one can be for Falco, too. (I haven't played Command so I'm fuzzy on names).

Morbi

Scavenger
An alt is actually very favorable compared to being a trophy that gathers dust with all the other million trophies you and I are going to read maybe twice in our lives. :glare:
Do not misconstrue my stance; I understand that I am fortunate that one of my favorite characters is getting a role in the first place. I hope that you find the same with Krystal.

@Scoliosis Jones
You tried to change the topic.... but it barely worked. Certain people only want to talk about Dark Pit.

If people want to discuss Dark Pit, what is the issue? They "say" they do not want to talk about him, but it is clear that the antithesis is indeed true.

I do not want to see Ganondorf get revamped; I main him, and I am quite content with his current play-style. However, I would not be opposed to some different attacks incorporated into his current self. As a Legend of Zelda fan, I want him to change. As a Smash fan, I want him to remain stagnant.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
There is no need for personal attacks.
If people want to discuss Dark Pit, what is the issue? They "say" they do not want to talk about him, but it is clear that that antithesis is indeed true.
It's like that Jabba guy in the Miiverse thread how he constantly talks about Wario, posts stupid gifs about Wario, and makes it very clear he supports Wario. It's incessant, annoying, and unnecessary.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Apparently an alternate costume is a significant role, enough to warrant his own place in the trailer. :troll:

I suppose you are very passionate about Dark Pit's non-inclusion in that event; however, you do have a good point not regarding Dark Pit. Ganondorf could be revealed for Hyrule Warriors while being featured in a trailer. In fact, that is probably the most likely scenario depending on when the general Direct comes out.
Honestly, I've been one saying that Dark Pit is quite possible, and I have had no real stance against him. However, I find myself feeling exactly the same about Dark Pit conversations as I did about Impa back in the pre-Sheik days due to a certain little monkey: very, very tired of it. I still will harbor no ill will toward Dark Pit if he is his own character, I just think there are more things to discuss and that, frankly, you yourself don't need to stoke the flames quite as much as you do. It may have once been amusing, but we are far past that now.

Thanks for concurring with me on Ganondorf, though. We really have no way of knowing (just like everything else unconfirmed for the game), but there's enough precedent to say it's possible for our resident King of Evil to get a veteran reveal and then be featured in a trailer as well.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The sad part is that Morbid doesn't actually want Dark Pit.

She's only pretending to love Dark Pit because of some bull**** 'leak' some scumbag made up.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
It's like that Jabba guy in the Miiverse thread how he constantly talks about Wario, posts stupid gifs about Wario, and makes it very clear he supports Wario. It's incessant, annoying, and unnecessary.
I suppose that is one interpretation. I just want to support one of my favorite characters unfettered, I apologize if it is incessant. I am just passionate about the characters that I find to be likely additions onto the final roster. Please understand.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Do not misconstrue my stance; I understand that I am fortunate that one of my favorite characters is getting a role in the first place. I hope that you find the same with Krystal.
Sorry if that came off aggressively. I may of used the wrong smiley there. Thank you for your well wishes! I hope she's more than a codec easter egg in this game. Time will tell.

Morbi

Scavenger
The sad part is that Morbid doesn't actually want Dark Pit.

She's only pretending to love Dark Pit because of some bull**** 'leak' some scumbag made up.
Stop spouting your fallacious opinion as facts. You do not speak for me.

This accusation is completely and utterly false. You do not have proof either, as it does not exist (in fact, the opposite exists, I contested that Ninka leak's validity in the leak group). I do not support the Ninka leak and I was quite adamant about Dark Pit's inclusion before that leak surfaced. As evidenced by my posts here and in the Dark Pit support thread.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Sup manliness's:4falcon::4myfriends::4littlemac:, sup hotnesses:4lucina::4palutena::4peach::rosalina::4robinf::4zelda::4zss::4sheik:. I'm back so:
Hey people!
This is my first post. I follow this thread for a longer time and want now to represent my roster.

This is a roster, which doesn't want to be very likely, it is a roster which represent my preference.
So what do you think about it?

Blue = confirmed
Red = certain
Yellow = wishes

Glad I'm not a day late so Welcome to SmashBoards, Thanks for Posting~:shades:
I like the yarn addition for an extra kirby rep, Sakurai already said reasons why his bias would offend people had he put DDD in 64, or Melee but put him in Brawl & Sm4sh, with KI:U having a good chance to have a 3rd character in Smash Bros., the kirby yarn game sounds believable. I think R.O.B. is more certain than wishful, not sure aobut Ice Climbers because of that issue with them on the 3DS. . .

I agree with this sentiment, F-Zero only has the main protagonist whereas Mother has Ness and Lucas. Obviously creating characters from F-Zero is more difficult as they do not have as much obserbable move-set potential, because they are predominately pilots. But I cannot help but believe that Samurai Goroh was a wasted opportunity; however, Black Shadow is my favorite F-Zero character and my most wanted character. So it is fairly easy for me to agree with this assertion.
Sakurai invented Falcon Punch back in 64, he can create another F-Zero rep who can follow in Farukon's footsteps.:shades: At this point Idc who it is from F-Zero, SAMBOODY PREASE.
Stepping into crazycrazyland for a moment...

If we lived in a world where Sony and Microsoft got representation (one playable character each) in Smash Bros, who would you want it to be?

Personally I'd go for Kat & Dusty from Gravity Rush (Sony) and Banjo & Kazooie from Banjo Kazooie (Microsoft)

Nobody should take this question too seriously by the way. I'm aware it would never ever happen.
I'll go to crazycrazyland too.
Microsoft is Master CHand. You thought I'd speak about the Chief's name in Nintendo's presence?
Don't recall if Spyro is owned by Sony still or not, but Spyro if so, & if not, Crazy Hand but it IS crazycrazyland. Master & Crazy Hand for playable characters:troll:

I think if he got a revamped move set, he'll be shown off in a trailer, or possibly a Direct. If he retains the Captain Falcon move set, then he'll likely be shown off in a veteran reveal; possibly on the Hyrule Warriors release date, or just kept hidden.
Agreed. But. . .If he gets clone treatment again, I won't be surprised but damn. .c'mon they're completely different characters from different franchises. There was absolutely no care about clone-sickness when I was a kid playing Smash Brothers 64, but thinking on it now It was kind of lame-fest when :jigglypuff64: was practically :kirby64:. :ganondorfmelee: was full-blown clone move-set to :falconmelee: but at least got different knock-back & elemental type attacks. Sakurai & his development team for Brawl helped fix that, but I do want a re-vamped Ganon with that glorious mane.
Wonder where Meta Knight is at.
I'd be fine with Galacta Knight replacement new addition. He surely would make a lance in action more logical with Meta Knight's Brawl move-set.
@Scoliosis Jones

Absolutely, whatever helps Ganon fans from getting flooded by sarcastic Falcon players smack for being full-blown Melee clone & semi-clone in Brawl. satisfied with updated moves to define what Ganon is capable of.
I suppose that is one interpretation. I just want to support one of my favorite characters unfettered, I apologize if it is incessant. I am just passionate about the characters that I find to be likely additions onto the final roster. Please understand.
You're understood. My take on him is still neutral & would be fine with the inclusion of him through the most favorable succession of character promotion: playable status or detailed accurate palette swap. THe bummer scenario for the DP fans making him AT but that just proves the idea that DP in Sm4sh isn't :083:.
Sorry if that came off aggressively. I may of used the wrong smiley there. Thank you for your well wishes! I hope she's more than a codec easter egg in this game. Time will tell.
I hope for the inclusion of Krystal as StarFox's universal franchise love to the fans as well.:shades:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
How bout this for a topic:

I just started Xenoblade today, and so far I am very impressed. Takes me back to my WoW days and why I liked that game so much. So my question is if there are 2 Xenoblade characters, who would you want?

Morbi

Scavenger
How bout this for a topic:

I just started Xenoblade today, and so far I am very impressed. Takes me back to my WoW days and why I liked that game so much. So my question is if there are 2 Xenoblade characters, who would you want?
It is a toss-up between Fiora and Reyn. Reyn is one of my favorite characters, surprisingly, not for "Reyn time;" however, Fiora seems more prominent from a story-line perspective and Sakurai is always on the look out for more female characters.

Never mind. I am just going to go with Dunban. He is my favorite Xenoblade character (I just remembered him after I typed up the first paragraph).

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
It is a toss-up between Fiora and Reyn. Reyn is my favorite character, surprisingly, not for "Reyn time;" however, Fiora seems more prominent from a story-line perspective and Sakurai is always on the look out for more female characters.

Never mind. I am just going to go with Dunban. He is my favorite Xenoblade character.
Funny, I could definitely see Dunban as a Shulk clone/semi clone (or is it the other way around?)

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Honestly, after Shulk (or even before :x), I want Riki.

(pleasedonthurtme)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Stop spouting your fallacious opinion as facts. You do not speak for me.

This accusation is completely and utterly false. You do not have proof either, as it does not exist (in fact, the opposite exists, I contested that Ninka leak's validity in the leak group). I do not support the Ninka leak and I was quite adamant about Dark Pit's inclusion before that leak surfaced. As evidenced by my posts here and in the Dark Pit support thread.
Yeah, I'm calling bull**** on that.

Keep denying it, it might work eventually.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Stop spewing false facts already.
Stop supporting ****ty character's I'm sorry, here's a "true" fact, according to that one Japanese magazine you like to point out he's more wanted than Kirino Ranmaru but not as wanted as Miku Hatsune, making him the 5th most wanted newcomer. :rolleyes:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
That screams fake to me. It's a new channel, and there's nothing on the official site. Plus, the "user" commented on some random guy's play video.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? INCOMING!!!!!

Edit: sorry, the hype is killing me, for a second I tought it was real

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Damn I fell for the fake announcement countdown too, it felt a little odd when I hadn't seen any announcement anywhere else, but desperately wanted to believe in it. Then I thought about it, noticed it would be playing in less than 24 hours, and then slowly began to understand. Clicked on the Super Smash Bros. account and saw no actual videos and realized I had been tricked. Man those seconds of hype for a new announcement were exhilarating though :laugh: Just a shame it's not real...

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Yeah... I figured it out when it said 705 subscribers; they'd have a lot more than that/
I believed it for a good 5 seconds, then the lack of dopamine clouding my judgement came to.
Did the same, I was curious about it's hundreds of thousands subscriptions to the channel only to be heavily disappointed in it's numbers. Faked-out wasn't very effective. . .

. . .
Also I never played the Xenoblade game titles, holding me back from wanting to discuss the current topic.:c

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So guys, my dad, grandma, and aunt are all Samurai, and they leaked me the roster.

Here it is guys.

Do you really wanna be spoiled?
You sure?
It's... hardcore!
I'm not joking.
You'll love it.
Samurai can't help but brag about it.
Prepare Yourself!
Unprepare Yourself because you Can't Prepare Yourself.
It's got quite a bit of Star Fox.
Okay that last statement... lol.
RIDLEY!!!!
LASERS!!!!

Morbi

Scavenger
So guys, my dad, grandma, and aunt are all Samurai, and they leaked me the roster.

Here it is guys.

You sure?
It's... hardcore!
I'm not joking.
You'll love it.
Prepare Yourself!
RIDLEY!!!!
LASERS!!!!
I cannot believe that I clicked through each layer of spoilers tabs; however, I was not disappointed. This is my favorite roster.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Some poor guy is going to have has his eyes glued to the screen for 19 hours.
I wanna see it when it goes live, because I want it to be something great.

Like tap dancing Ridley's on top of dancing K. Rool's slip 'n' sliding on top of Isaac's beat boxing on top of Louie's doing the robot on top of Ridley's doing the Mario.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace

Here it is guys.

You sure?
It's... hardcore!
I'm not joking.
You'll love it.
Prepare Yourself!
RIDLEY!!!!
LASERS!!!!
Thank you for the adventure of clicks. I was on a journey, & that's what matters. Thank your family for me, for the Destination isn't what matters.:shades:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

Here it is guys.

You sure?
It's... hardcore!
I'm not joking.
You'll love it.
Prepare Yourself!
RIDLEY!!!!
LASERS!!!!
I felt like I was ripping at wrapping paper trying to find a present like it was Christmas, thanks for that. Also, it needs more "No Items"

D

Deleted member

Well on the plus side....Miis confirmed for Multi-Man mode!

R-r-right? Right?!?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hey, I remember a while back I had hoped the Miis would be the enemies in Multi-Man Mode, so that's nice to see. Ofc I wanted them as the enemies so they'd still get a role without having to be playable, but eh. I'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom