• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
E10 rating? I guess that means Wario's deconfirmed, because he was the one causing the rating.

Kojima simply has a deal with Sakurai like Sega, Capcom, and Namco did about not saying anything about their character being in.

Sakurai was talking about how great it was when Sonic returned with Mario, Megaman, and Sonic. I don't think it means anything.

ZSS FS doesn't seems to work anything like Snake's final Smash to me.

Isaac and especially Vaati were going to be in the roster whether or not Falco and Jiggly did.
actualy i think wario had nothing to do with the rateing mostly snake
e3 would have been the best time to reveal snake

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
actualy i think wario had nothing to do with the rateing mostly snake
e3 would have been the best time to reveal snake
Wario's crude humor seemed to be a big case. I honestly didn't see Snake doing anything of the sort.

E3 was the best possible time for Pac-Man to be revealed. Snake can be revealed at almost anytime. (Although most likely during a Nintendo Direct)

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Tell that to BluePikmin. I feel like if I leaked Shrek he'd believe me sometimes.

To be perfectly honest. Recolors of characters happen ALL the time on Kitty Corp's site. This dude probably found some random ones and put them into pictures.
I'm not that easy to fool you know, I just need substantial evidence in order for me to consider adding the leaked characters in my prediction roster.

Yeah...um about that...

"Bowser Jr appears as a new comer and allegedly fights from a mario kart... has no alt colors, but instead has the 7 koopalings as alts."

Who the **** would ride a kart for Smash? :p
Clown Car.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
E10 rating? I guess that means Wario's deconfirmed, because he was the one causing the rating.

Kojima simply has a deal with Sakurai like Sega, Capcom, and Namco did about not saying anything about their character being in.

Sakurai was talking about how great it was when Sonic returned with Mario, Megaman, and Sonic. I don't think it means anything.

ZSS FS doesn't seems to work anything like Snake's final Smash to me.

Isaac and especially Vaati were going to be in the roster whether or not Falco and Jiggly did.
Apparently in the Australia rating board they marked it with crude humor due to a character using "flatuence to attack"

Personally I think those color hacks may just be a fluke. Especially since stuff close to it have existed before in 2012:

Just a thought. I feel like there is a huge chance someone just decided to make a cool looking recolor.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm not that easy to fool you know, I just need substantial evidence in order for me to consider adding the leaked characters in my prediction roster.

Clown Car.
Not easy to fool? More like stubborn due to not changing to realistic characters instead of those randomly outside the box with no chances

Still wouldn't make sense. They might as well give Bowser an unique moveset using the Clown Car as well

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Once again I should point out that Snake isn't the reason that Brawl got a T rating & that he has appeared in DreamMix TV World Fighters, a game with a CERO rating of everyone.

I personally don't think he'll be in SSB4 as much as I want him but Smash 3DS having an E10+ rating is not the main reason he won't return.

Morbi

Scavenger
Not easy to fool? More like stubborn due to not changing to realistic characters instead of those randomly outside the box with no chances

Still wouldn't make sense. They might as well give Bowser an unique moveset using the Clown Car as well
No character is "realistic," do I need to seriously assert Robin over Chrom once again? Wii Fit Trainer or the renounced Villager? We only have our perceptions of characters, those perceptions are predominantly assigned by popularity as it is.

The source has some credibility and BluePikmin has faith in the credibility, it is hardly an unwise decision.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
No Metal Gear Solid 5 announcement for the Wii U hurts Snake's chances. Sure, no Metal Gear title didn't hurt Snake during the Brawl era. Doesn't mean it can't hurt Snake's chances now. People that use the "Sakurai was so happy for Snake and Sonic's inclusion in Brawl" are so desperate. That could have been a one time thing. I respect Snake supporters but Snake has no place in Smash.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Once again I should point out that Snake isn't the reason that Brawl got a T rating & that he has appeared in DreamMix TV World Fighters, a game with a CERO rating of everyone.

I personally don't think he'll be in SSB4 as much as I want him but Smash 3DS having an E10+ rating is not the main reason he won't return.
Man, I wish DreamMix TV would work on my USB loader.. it doesn't :( So I can't play it.

Good point though, showing that Snake can be in regardless of rating. In a way though, CERO tends to rate games ESRB rates as T, as A for all ages. Stuff like Naruto, and DBZ games come to mind.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
No Metal Gear Solid 5 announcement for the Wii U hurts Snake's chances. Sure, no Metal Gear title didn't hurt Snake during the Brawl era. Doesn't mean it can't hurt Snake's chances now. People that use the "Sakurai was so happy for Snake and Sonic's inclusion in Brawl" are so desperate. That could have been a one time thing. I respect Snake supporters but Snake has no place in Smash.
He had a place in Brawl. I just believe it was a one-time thing, and suitably so. I think it's best to leave it that way.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Yeah...um about that...

"Bowser Jr appears as a new comer and allegedly fights from a mario kart... has no alt colors, but instead has the 7 koopalings as alts."

Who the **** would ride a kart for Smash? :p
I do not necessarily believe in the leak (it is even emphasized as such by the so-called sources involved), but rather BluePikmin11 seems to; henceforth, the reasoning behind his roster predictions. Since everybody was wondering why certain characters were chosen and others were cut, I thought I may provide his explanation.

Last edited:

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
My Roster.png

There's my roster. Mii's off to the side because I'm assuming they'll get their own special sort of slot.

By the way, excuse the sloppiness of the arrangement. :)

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
So guys, if you could include 60 characters on a roster (one that includes everything we're sure of right now), what would it be? I'll post mine in a bit.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Meaning no deconfirmed characters?
Basically conforming to the rules you'd make a normal prediction roster, from now, except pretending you knew there was gonna be 60 characters.

Basically no deconfirmed or impossibles like Goku

I just finished mine. Might've forgotten someone I wanted, but I think it's a fun one.

Blue = confirmed vets
Green = confirmed newcomers
Yellow = predicted vets
Red = predicted newcomers
P. Trainer is a fighting trainer, just for ****s and giggles.
Black Shadow gets Ganondorf's old moveset, Ganondorf gets a full new one.
Ganon is beast/pig ganon or whatever. Idc both are cool.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

To explain some of my more weird choices...
Fawful: With Paper Mario getting a stage, why not give the Mario & Luigi RPGs some love with (in my opinion) the most iconic Villain of the series? A character with a tech-heavy moveset seems unique enough.
Donbe & Hikari: I know absolutely nothing about these characters, but once I saw them as a trophy in Brawl they seemed like a nice idea for a joke/retro character duo to be comparable to Ice Climbers.
Cactuar: An utterly silly Square Enix character which appeared first under the name Cactrots in FF6, the last FF game made for Nintendo before they left for Sony. With his two appearances in Mario Hoops 3 on 3 and Mario Sports Mix, he (alongside Moogle, White & Black Mages, and Ninja) have had fairly recent appearances in Mario spin offs... so besides him not exactly fitting the "star power" quote of Sakurai, why not let the Cactus Coward... thread the needle!
I feel like B-Jr, K.rool, Marshal, Bandanna Dee, Sceptile, Shulk, Isaac, and Ray have been brought to light and discussed enough to be previously explained.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
ESERB is very inconsistent and the people who rated Brawl are very likely NOT to be the same people who rated Smash 4 3DS.
Sakurai doesn't give a **** about console wars

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman

Finally made a roster. Had to get V8 due to old Mac OSX :p

52 Characters. I think this is going to be pretty close possibility with Trophy theory being true (Ridley and Ghirahim) and Shulk and RH both appearing eventually(Early Gematsu will show to be confirmed). (R. Wrestler can be switched for any RH character imo.) (If RH character makes it in first, it would switch spots with Lucas.)

DLC goes under the " ! New Comer" Icon. You would click on that and there would be a scroll down message like how you pick your gamertag. DLC/Amiibos are shown on the bottom row. Captain Toad will be first Amiibo shown to be cross gameable. Sceptile Amiibo will come to represent new Hoenne Remakes and Grass Pokemon. Chrom may appear and Alfonzo would take over Robin's FS :troll: Dixie Kong would be a semi clone of Diddy. Bandana Dee would be amiibo'd come that new Kirby playdoe game comes out. Isaac will be downloadable due to fan-demand. RH character or Lucas depending which didn't get in intially will be downloadable. Black Shadow downloadable and clone of Captain Falcon. Dark Pit is a Pit alternate costume (like Lucina was going to be for Marth before tweaks).

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You know what's actually kinda difficult? Predicting clone characters.

I was thinking about how Dark Pit is different enough from Pit to be his own guy (hence why I now agree he's got a shot), and it has made me start thinking about more characters who could get in. However, the more I think about it, the more I think there's a fine line.

Stuff like Dry Bowser or a James McCloud costume for Fox would likely be able to be on the same character. But a completely separate character? I think that draws the line.

It's the same reason why Dixie (should she get the clone treatment), would get her own slot. She'd be different enough to get her own slot, but she'd still get some changes made to her.

I myself admit I think I read too much into Sakurai's quote on alternate costumes and characters. I think it goes like this: 1) Alternates of same character go under the same slot or 2) Alternate of completely different characters get separated. This was made early on in development. So it might have been originally planned to have costumes like Lucina on other characters, but it didn't work out with Sakurai's vision.

My small list of clone characters/attempted alternates are:
-Dark Pit
-Dixie
-Lucina

That's all I have. I can't think of too many more options. Thoughts?

D

Deleted member

Hopeful(still possible) Roster.png

Here's my 60 character roster. I haven't been keeping up with leaks too closely as of late, so excuse me if something shouldn't be here at all. Also, I'm not dead, in case any of you guys were wondering. As for the roster itself, it doesn't seem too impossible in my opinion. I just don't like how I made Shulk look like a Fire Emblem character.:p

Last edited by a moderator:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
A 60 person roster you say?

Just incase Miis do get their own spots, they're below random

Morbi

Scavenger

I was thinking about how Dark Pit is different enough from Pit to be his own guy (hence why I now agree he's got a shot), and it has made me start thinking about more characters who could get in. However, the more I think about it, the more I think there's a fine line.

Stuff like Dry Bowser or a James McCloud costume for Fox would likely be able to be on the same character. But a completely separate character? I think that draws the line.

It's the same reason why Dixie (should she get the clone treatment), would get her own slot. She'd be different enough to get her own slot, but she'd still get some changes made to her.

I myself admit I think I read too much into Sakurai's quote on alternate costumes and characters. I think it goes like this: 1) Alternates of same character go under the same slot or 2) Alternate of completely different characters get separated. This was made early on in development. So it might have been originally planned to have costumes like Lucina on other characters, but it didn't work out with Sakurai's vision.

-Dark Pit
-Dixie
-Lucina

I agree with this sentiment; however, I would honestly add Dr. Mario to the list as his pills are a hugely prominent aspect of his character and F.L.U.D.D does not really apply to Dr. Mario either. In Melee, Sakurai already discerned their differences and gave most of their moves different properties. So at the very least, it becomes clear that Dr. Mario would not be an alternate costume.

View attachment 19975

Here's my 60 character roster. I haven't been keeping up with leaks too closely as of late, so excuse me if something shouldn't be here at all. Also, I'm not dead, in case any of you guys were wondering. As for the roster itself, it doesn't seem too impossible in my opinion. I just don't like how I made Shulk look like a Fire Emblem character.:p
*Obligatory "Dark Pit and Black Shadow 10/10 comment*

TheSoraKid

Banned via Warnings

-Dark Pit
-Dixie
-Lucina

Sakurai can just flip this and any logic upside down whenever he wants.:p

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
View attachment 19975

Leaks don't count for anything, don't worry.

Morbi

Scavenger
All 55 characters from my prediction roster +:
- Ridley
- Professor Layton
- Dr. Kawashima
- Daitouryou
- Hades
There's my 60 character roster.
Dr. Kawashima? You might as well put Vaati on that roster. :4robinm:

Regardless, Hades is a great pick... especially in addition to Dark Pit. We would NEVER have to hear the "Sakurai does not want to be biased" argument again! Muahahaha.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
@ Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫
I would argue that the last possible reveal time for Snake is the August Direct.

He really can't be a casually revealed veteran. So no, he can't be revealed at any time Sakurai decides to reveal him.
Third parties are a special case. I stand by my theory that Snake would have been revealed at E3 if included in the game.
It was pretty much the perfect time to include him; to appeal to the more hardcore audience at E3. But it didn't happen.

Morbi

Scavenger
See the thing is, I want Sakurai to be bias towards Kid Icarus, but Dark Pit is probably the last character from the game i would want in. (Besides Pit of course)
Pit is the last Kid Icarus character that you would want in the game? I feel the same way about the Mario series and Mario, so I know that feel. I know it well.

Regardless, I would not be opposed to Hades or Medusa, but Dark Pit has much more "evidence" in his favor, so I speculate in favor of him.

D

Deleted member

@ Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫
I would argue that the last possible reveal time for Snake is the August Direct.

He really can't be a casually revealed veteran. So no, he can't be revealed at any time Sakurai decides to reveal him.
Third parties are a special case. I stand by my theory that Snake would have been revealed at E3 if included in the game.
It was pretty much the perfect time to include him; to appeal to the more hardcore audience at E3. But it didn't happen.
Let's not forget that Sonic was revealed during a direct in sort of a miniature trailer. If Snake,is back, then he's getting a similar sort of treatment. The problem with Snake is, he has much less prominence in the Smash Universe than the other 3rd parties, so I am in agreement that E3 would have been a better time to show him, if he's back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom